youtube.com/watch?v=pZ7roX6cxxM
youtube.com/watch?v=00kzCtiAt2I
youtube.com/watch?v=kuDBYKSEzzY
youtube.com/watch?v=Amo33OA3aoA
youtube.com/watch?v=nq0DvnwWWeA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because liberals have no creativity

There's nothing left to say.

Is this any good? I love MST3K but I doubt this is something you can truly just restart.

>Patton "My Wife is Dead and it's Trumps fault" Oswalt

DROPPED

>Patton Oswalt

New stuff is made all the time, like software. If you're talking about artistic/creative media then Adult Swim makes a lot of stuff that's new and doesn't fit a traditional mold.

How big was MST3000's fanbase in its prime? There's no way there was enough to merit this.

They have new voices for Crow and Tom Servo, I can't bring myself to watch it.

It was cancelled once before but petitions brought it back, so I imagine it was kinda popular?

> trans gypsy
> Trump jokes every 3 min
> Felicia Joe Camel and Wife muderer taunt them by saying Hillary would have shut down their project
> 3rd episode dedicated to Aids research

Muh shekels

Guess I'll wait for torrents to show up then. I don't trust (((Netflix))) in the first place.

This is actually a good question. Notice how our society is so dependent on the past? If you looked at movies, seems like creativity ended in the 90's and they are constantly remaking shit from that era. Hipster subculture, which as been the dominant subculture for a good 15 years now is nothing but reliving the 80's. Philosophers said when you stop looking to the future and simply relive the past then civilization is doomed. We desperately need to go to the stars as a species just to advance ourselves we hit the brick wall and are going backwards now.

Hollywood kicked out the great minds, because said great minds were more interested in making cool content than fondling toddlers.

>new voices
please stop user
I don't want to hear this

I wonder if they know there's a limited quantity of shitty B movies you can ironically watch and make fun in the movie archives.
And I'm pretty sure they ran out of those before Joel stopped and then they replaced him--and then they replaced that guy later, again.
MST3k, unlike the rest of the late-night shows playing up a quirky host (or just WOAH LOOK AT THOSE FUCKING TITTIES FUCK YES ELVIRA), just wouldn't fucking die because it gave the impression of having friends with you to make fun of rotten movies with--actually, shit, MST3k was like YouTube e-celebs of the Olden Days.

Joel didnt tell Mike, Bill Corbtt or anyone besides Pearl they were doing this. Never approached anyone.
Tom Servo is voiced by a black guy

It's the natural conclusion to consumerist capitalism. Making new stuff is too risky in this market. Besides, why make new stuff when people will pay out the ass to see the same movie they saw five years ago? Taking risks and making new shit cuts into profits and we can't have that.

Youre bullshitting us....right user?

I think it's less dependence on the past, but more that we've come to consume media at a ridiculously fast pace. Coming up with good, original stories is hard.

A few centuries ago, the average person spent most of their time with daily menial tasks hinged around living. Most entertainment was spoken or written stories and those were hard to come by. Imagine watching 30 movies tops in your lifetime. It's something along those lines.

>Felicia day

Not even a fan of MST3K but this is disgusting

I started to watch the original MST3K not too long ago and I love it, but this new reboot seems kinda meh. The cast in the new one is a nightmare scenario: Felicia Day, Patton Oswalt... ech.

Also, I don't really care for the new intro either:
youtube.com/watch?v=FXyMuIFgxnM

It's still the same melody, but I liked the cheap synth sound better. The whole charm of MST3K is that the show itself is way cheaper and "shittier" than the movies they watch. The reboot feels like too big for it's own good. Makes me kinda wish that I could do my own variation of MST3K without the "such a nurrrrd xDDD" angle. Thank god we have Red Letter Media, it's the best MST3K equivalent of today.

I've only seen 4 episodes. They've gone for the mike method of quantity over quality in terms of jokes. Its mostly hit and miss. 5/10

Felicia Day is everything wrong with the commercialization of nerd culture today. She's like a modern day nerd Zsa Zsa Gabor, nerd famous for being nerd famous. I wouldn't care at all if not for the fact that she whines politically a lot on top of that. Plus she has a sketch as fuck relationship with a man much older then her like we are talking approaching 60.

it's cheap and it won't take much to break even.

>Patton Oswalt
I guess I can give this a cha—
>Felicia Day
Nope.webm

Creativity is a risk and investors usually don't want to take risks anymore, so rehashes are better because they are less of a gamble.

I started the first episode and stopped watching after about 20 minutes. I don't mind Patton Oswalt cause I find his voice amusing, but with Felicia Day it's like nails on the chalkboard. It feels like a straight appeal to le Reddit nerd fanbase.

By the way, Patton Oswalt is one of the people who went after James for refusing to go to see the new Ghostbusters.

Did you know she was so ashamed that she got pregnant from that guy that she hides the fact he's the father and - worse - just awkwardly pretends he doesn't exist when asked about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=7FsXqidZgG4

The new Tom Servo doesn't even sound or act like Tom Servo, what the fuck. Crow is pretty good, but Tom is kinda shitty. Did they really hire the new guy because of his *special qualification*? You know what it is.

I'm pretty sure before the kid she was very secretive about her husband. I thinks it's either shame due to age or her acknowledging that admitting she has a man hurts her brand with the lonely virgin demographic.

>pretend to be about "geek culture"
>mock the man for disagreeing with you by bringing up that he is a self-admitted geek

Oh, no doubt she wasn't open about it before and I don't blame her in any way, but now she pretends that there's nobody she's with even though she had a baby. I don't want to get into the psychology of that relationship.

They didnt ask Mike or anyone at all to come back prob because Joel fucked Mike out of any money from Mikes work on MST3k.

Tfw the only reason i've gone to the theaters recently has been to see rifftrax.

I've only seen a couple episodes but honestly I don't really know for sure what I think about it. It's not great, but it's not bad either.

It's better than I thought it would be. The only really annoying things are Servo's voice being so different from the original and the forced breaks with Patton that try to mimic commercials.

Crow sounds enough like the previous voices to still work well. New human guy isn't bad either. It's definitely rapid fire with the riffing though. Hit or miss like a previous user said.

Summed up my thoughts exactly.
Imagine if the pre-internet people had somehow access to all the media made up to their time. They would say the same thing that OP does.

>""""""""""geek"""""""""" culture
absolutely disgusting. there isn't anything that isn't subsumed and then repackaged in a trendy geek label and then shoveled to people that think reading a comic book makes you special. geek culture is now just a marketing vehicle that convinces people that you just need to buy more shit to fit in the counter-culture that isn't even counter anymore.

Yes, except the Gypsy part. The new guy gave her surgery and now she is a woman.

>Gypsy
>now she is a woman.

Gypsy always had a female voice. It was just dumpy.

It used to always be a guy doing a falsestto. Sort of a running joke.

So they made it an actual woman because a falsetto would be transphobic or something?

> In the 2nd movie Felicia Day suddenly appears on screen and lectures people about the need to store water in their back humps to fight global warming

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

There's a theory I read once, can't remember what it was called but the basic idea was that we'd already written every possible storyline that could ever exist.

All new works do is change the settings/names/etc but it's all the same stuff rehashed in new ways.

I have to get my eyes checked. I thought that was just a fatter, older TV's Frank.

Because anything that deviates from the norm is considered controvertial and you know how well our current society handles that.

Well, that's what I meant by dumpy.

I watched Logan the other day spoiler free and within 20 minutes I knew he was going to die and the girl was going to kill the bad guy with the adamantium bullet. Movies are too opposite with their set ups and this movie was classic heroes redemption bullshit I have seen in Westerns a million times before.

REEEEEEEEE

>Movies are too opposite
Movies are too obvious*

He is named "Tvs son of TVs Frank"

The new joel looks like the guy at your d&d table who is about to give a lecture about your character being racist against orcs

Holy fuck, Patton should just fucking end it already.

> Felicia Day

Whatever, haven't watched it yet but probably no different than pic related. I didn't mind those episodes, the dumb stories they had to do were because of sci-fi channel

I hate that. I hate how many movies I know the plot to as soon as it starts.

I've been watching a lot of older stuff lately.. movies from the late 60s-80s and there's a different vibe, at least in the good ones. The pace is slower, jokes are more subtle, there's subtext and character development even in action films.

Everything now is just hurr durr tits explosions hurr you are the one just believe durr look big gun/tank/etc derp big thing go boom oh look tits again durr.

Don't fucking watch anything with patton in it you fucking faggot.

This is also why so few R movie ratings anymore.

>wife killer and camel face
DISGUSTING.

I'm glad to see that people are penetrating Felicia Day's facade. Why's she called Joe Camel?

Quick story about Felicia Day's entitlement. Several years ago there was this Youtube video where she was talking about playing Skyrim. She'd actually dungeon crawled around finding all the fucking Stones of Barenziah, but was short one. So what does she do? Complains to the developers and they mod her save file so she has all of them. All the time the last one was sitting in the Solitude bedroom, and she tells this story like it's cute. Five minutes on Google, that's all it would have taken.

Deadpool says hi

It was always played by the same guy since inception pretty much, the producer of the show.

This whole argument is pretty retarded

>MST3K: Millennial Edition

Why the fuck is Guy Ferari there? He's not a comedian. Do the makers of this series get a food discount if they have him on set acting like a douche while he eats?

What the fuck is this shit anyway?
I've seen loads of retarded commie leftists like The Spoony One and Angry Video Game Commie reference ''Mystery Science Theater 3000'', but it just looks like reaction videos to me. It's literally just reaction videos, except fake with some shadows under the movie.

You know both servo, crow, and the host all changed actors in the original, right?

but Frank died and th last episode had everyone back on earth

fucking wut

You expected integrity in a corporate product?

patton is made to look and act exactly like how david brock sees himself

> if your wondering how he eats and breathes and other science facts
> then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax for
>pic related

I'm mostly worried if it got too hollywood - it was always a midwest show, thats was a lot of the charm

Manos, The Hands of Fate

The original MST3K series is absolutely, utterly brilliant.

The real question is how the fuck can anyone find this shit funny? Pointing out what's happening on screen in a sarcastic voice and making obscure "references" every 5 seconds doesn't fucking qualify as humor to anyone who isn't autistic.

youtube.com/watch?v=RkOMAQAcBKE

If you found the above video funny please explain why.

Why not just fucking add the stone???

the original is just people talking over old films so even that wasn't new.

it was probably the weakest show i saw from american adult swim next to squidbillies.

This review gives an in-depth look at the concept of new historicism, which will answer a lot of your questions op.

> at the end of the day there has to be more than an aesthetic that ignores a bleaker future in favor of a brighter past

youtu.be/uOpLPppyTP0

This looks like the worst possible thing.

Holy fuck they do it for brand new things?

>no mike
>robots have new voices
no

There's an infographic of this somewhere.

What about when it was Joel and when Crow changed voices and servo?

To be fair I'm pretty sure that's just a promotional video for netflix. But it's unfunny and obnoxious enough to turn me off the whole prospect entirely.

Avenge us

I don't think it's supposed to be funny.
It's literally a reaction video.

Go on youtube and search for ''episode 1 reaction''.
You will see people reacting to pretty much any popular show.
>Stranger Things
youtube.com/watch?v=NCzcEpfbaIY
youtube.com/watch?v=pZ7roX6cxxM
youtube.com/watch?v=00kzCtiAt2I
youtube.com/watch?v=kuDBYKSEzzY
youtube.com/watch?v=Amo33OA3aoA
youtube.com/watch?v=nq0DvnwWWeA

>but probably no different than pic related
Except that "Pearl" had actually been a writer for the show for years. She was part of the creative team, not just some cunt added for cunt quota's sake.

Joel is a fag
Mikera was the best and mike is redpilled

You realize rifftrax is thing right?

Joel is who owns the rights to MST3K and who brought it back via kickstarter?

What are people complaining about? Did you back the kickstarter?

Gypsy was always a woman. Do you mean they just have a actual woman voicing her now?

>It's literally a reaction video.

Oh, you mean a commercial?

Just casting choices, its going to be all right just not as good as it could be.

>If you looked at movies, seems like creativity ended in the 90's and they are constantly remaking shit from that era. Hipster subculture, which as been the dominant subculture for a good 15 years now is nothing but reliving the 80's

Has anyone considered that what's being called "creativity" here is somethihg more specific? As you mention, the hipsters imitate the 1980's at the latest - maybe that era was the height of something?

Technology is advancing, but none of it is being turned into a consumer product. Graphene and carbon nanotubes made from it are real - but it can't be commercialized because of how it's made.

People who can't understand and work within the newest reality attempt to maintain the supremacy of old realities. The people whose power was based on consumer culture attempt to maintain it as the standard forever.

>Philosophers said when you stop looking to the future and simply relive the past then civilization is doomed

The elements that sustain themselves on old food die off, and those that consume the new food thrive.

>We desperately need to go to the stars as a species just to advance ourselves we hit the brick wall and are going backwards now

Read Timothy Leary. We aren't going backward - society is attempting to control energies that can't be controlled. Evolution happens in jumps because the energy builds up until it bursts it's pressure vessel.

Mike came out as a conservative and because of that he is never included in any of this shit.

I will literally never understand the appeal of this. Why the fuck would I want to watch some fat greasy shithead undulate around pretending to be far more excited than he actually is about a fucking tv show? What the fuck is wrong with this generation?

He's good friends with the Happy Merchant creator.

Just use rifftrax.