Why does Sup Forums hate this movie/novel? too mainstream? there are some good ideas...

why does Sup Forums hate this movie/novel? too mainstream? there are some good ideas, thoughts on it even you don't agree with absolute anarchy part

we dont worship satan so you can compare us as a whole nigger.

Because Brad Pitt is a tranny, I don't like trannies.

Anti-materialism part of the movie isn't bad, but the whole "fuck marrying and having children" message is bluepilled as fuck.

its a work of fiction.

tits or gtfo

>the things you own, end up owning you

i'm not showing you my hairy chest you fag. rope yourself

I used to love it when I was a teenager but the movie is actually hilariously devoid of self awareness. Like that scene where Brad Pitt points to the Gucci ad in the bus with the picture of a ripped male model and asks "Is that what a real man looks like?" But everyone in the fight club, including Brad Pit himself, who are all supposed to be your average Joe are ripped male models that look like they spend three hours in the gym daily and eat super clean. According to that movie, yeah, that's exactly what a real man looks like... fuck Gucci ads though because muh anarchy maaaaan.

Imagine your love life being front page news. Cant imagine what that would do to ones mind.

>But everyone in the fight club, including Brad Pit himself, who are all supposed to be your average Joe are ripped male models that look like they spend three hours in the gym daily and eat super clean.
Only Brad Pitt looks like that though and he's not even real.

What about that blonde faggot that got his face smashed up by Edward Norton? Also Edward Norton is like 6'0" tall.

fuck my shit up sempai

How long before we spray paint a giant Pepe on the side of a building?

For the lack of a better guidance, this book was a bible for me.

>I used to love it when I was a teenager but the movie is actually hilariously devoid of self awareness.

Exactly my thoughts on all of these liberal movies. Unless you walk around like a naive, clueless teenager, you would have to be a moron to enjoy this.

Fight club promotes that hyper-individualism as well other negative Left-wing tropes. It flails around in its attempt and the ending doesn't achieve anything but destruction.

... snowflake is a term derived from fightclub. I believe the line is : "you're a beautiful and unique snowflake, just like everyone else"

So basicly your wrong?

The model in the Gucci ad is Brad Pitt.

>But everyone in the fight club, including Brad Pit himself, who are all supposed to be your average Joe are ripped male models that look like they spend three hours in the gym daily and eat super clean.
No they don't. Watch the movie again

>His name is Robert Paulson

I've only seen the movie. It's pretty sloppily constructed. I hear the book is pretty good though. Can anybody confirm?

The big tit guy wasn't meant to represent anything. His role was comedic relief and the punchline was that he has big tits and looks like a pathetic loser. The movie would have at least a shred of credibility if some of the male characters looked like pic related in a way that isn't meant to just make the audience want to laugh at what a gigantic fucking loser he is.

I think that sort of thing is more important than ever in the Tinder/facebook age, where a fat whale can fuck a hot guy as easily as ordering a pizza so the competition between men is intensifying. I remember even 10 years ago there wasn't this insane obsession with fitness and pickup. Now I see guys who are the same age that I was in 2007 going online and asking about where to get roids to look more like a male model. It's exactly something that a movie like this could have tackled, but being your average Goyllywood film, it was just a bunch of empty posturing.

Pic got detatched.

>brad pitt is ripped and spends three hours in the gym daily to look like this

Boy you are such a fatty it isn't even funny

You just do a few pushups a few times a week and a few situps and you are done, at most 15 minutes of working out

>the movie

Actually Paulsen is the author's attempt to demonstrate the narrator's humanity and compassion, and thus the innate humanity and compassion that a man can hold and still be considered masculine.

Honestly, I'd rather be fat than what I am.

It seems like a decent book/movie until you realise how gay it is (I mean literally gay)

The problem with this era is that most guys haven't been humbled by life or by their hobbies yet

When you are jacked you think you are literally god if all that you do is going to the gym... Most of them get humbled when they realize their gym strength means nothing if they don't apply it in real life

I see a lot of jacked dudes thinking they can fight but they don't even know how to box, they think muscle triumphs experience and skill, but in real life it isn't like that.

I blame hollywood with their mary sue generation, that thinks everything is talent and that you can become god among men if you have the right genetics. Hard work and experience will always triumph

Palahniuk is gay, all of his books have homosexual characters/thoughts/scenes etc

mirin his shoulders though.

I was reading this for my english class. Its a pretty edgy book, within the first page or so the author telling you how to make napalm which is im not like other girls tier. The english class I have is full of SJW's including the teacher. It was strange because they liked the whole counter culture of it. And they continued to talk about how that pepsi ad got it all wrong and corporations are evil blah blah. Anyways what I realized is that everyone wants to be some edgy loser who's the counter culture to society in some way. I didnt finish it though and I doubt many people did

It's the pose, he is flaring them

yea probably, pic reminds me I need to cut weight though. I want my abs back.

He was also suicidal. Not a good idea to take life inspiration from a suicidal gay man writing transgressive fiction.