Too many chicks with Sabers and Blasters?!

What are your thoughts on female leads at every corner of this decade's Star Wars revival?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's become a little off putting for me. Does that make me gay?

If they fuck the Solo spin off in this way, I'm afraid I'll never enjoy Star Wars again.....

Feels undrealistic going by the typical psychology I've seen with most female aquaintances in my life.

Anita destroy everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you still enjoy it, bro? despite everything that's happened over the past twenty years?

how so?

I grew up around the second trilogy, so my stupid child brain ate that shit up.

lol she preordered already

I'm really interested in your position - on what level did they appeal to you as a kid? Was jar jar popular with kids? Or babby anakin? Legit curious

>MEA Everyone is minority and/or female with bright hair
>SW 2016 Everyone is a minority and/or female
>HZD Everyone is a minority and/or female
>Modern TV entertainment everyone is a minority and/or female
>commercials everyone is a minority and/or female
I for one welcome the end of the world

Flashing lights, explosions, flying ships. I think I blocked out jar jar and the midichloriane explanation of the force though....

I saw the force awakened or whatever it was called and hated it. Not because there was a female lead and token black guy but because it was a bad movie and a horrible Star Wars movie.

I didn't see rogue one but I heard it was a little better.

In the case of Star Wars the whole no white males thing is somewhat annoying because it's obvious Disney is doing that crap for sjw pandering. For the most part though, female leads don't matter at all of the story/game/movie is good.

When it comes to Star Wars though, I've accepted Disney has already ruined it.

Nothing wrong with diversity. I welcome it if the actor can act and if it adds depth and makes a story interesting. But when it gets shoveled down our throats.....

One thing I find off putting is that they basically made Rey into a Wunderkind of the force. She had no training with sabers or the force, but she made Kylo her little bitch and gave him a tramp stamp on his face.

>For the most part though, female leads don't matter at all of the story/game/movie is good.

Its one thing when the story is built around a female lead (tomb raider, alien) but when you put a round faced brown woman in the roll of what is supposed to be a SS nazi commander in space........retarded

Absolutely agree lead bro.

The battles were cool as shit and the horrible acting wasn't so obvious to my kid brain.

There was more to it. Daisy Ridley can't act, either, and Rey's sole emotional drive was anger, which is supposed to be of the dark side.

Why is it even special if she wields a lightsaber, either, since Finn was able to do it without getting hurt? It wasn't the prequels that killed the specialness of the lightsaber; it was the Farce Engorges.

Anita Sarkeesian single handedly destroyed the video game industry.

On a positive note, maybe people will stop playing video games now and read books, and this will end up turning the nu male reddit subhumans into alphas.

HEIL VADER

meant for OP

I guess. I didn't really take into account the acting. But it is more that she beat a Sith apprentice that has been training since she was probably born and supposedly killed the rest of Luke's apprentices. Then all of a sudden, here comes some girl from the desert....

Agreed. As far as games though, we might start seeing more high quality indie games made by people who are tired of dealing with the industries SJW pandering.

*industry's

..Who's better at flying the Falcon than Han, who's owned it for decades, and can shoot a blaster like a pro after only shooting it a few times. Plus she can beat up two or three guys bigger than her without help, and without Force assistance.

Ma-Rey Sue, anyone?

Sorry, E;R-senpai. I'm ripping you off wholesale here.

It's not just her though. Disney is a whore for the box office. That is how they harvest childrens' souls for their supreme leader.

preach brother!

Only the bad guys are white males. Understand that they have political implications in mind during EVERY scene and him also looking weaker than her is expected.

youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes

Just gonna' link the video. E;R is probably a Sup Forumslack, himself.

Yes he is

I think there is some tid bit of knawledge I don't know about. So let me waste the next 19 minuets of my life to find out what it is.

>she beat a Sith apprentice
Kylo was good enough to slaughter all of Luke's followers before heading down the path of the Dark Side and they shit all over him.

>Rey's sole emotional drive was anger, which is supposed to be of the dark side.
it looks like the new movie is going to be
>oh the jedi were bad too look at this nice middle ground
disgusting. We can't even have classic good vs evil anymore?

tbf Kylo did get shot, then almost beat her, but tried to recruit her instead. He didn't get slapped until he let up.
Rey is a mary sue tho.

They already undid Luke and crew's victory with the latest movie. Now they're planning to burn it, bury it, and piss on the ashes.

The Jedi overcast Rey and make her less amazing? Jedi gotta' get in the van.

>Non-white Empire soldiers

Atleast the game isn't feeding the Disney Whites are evil meme.

*shrugs*

>anyone playing battlEAfront 2

Nope, it's going to go the way of Titanfall 2. You can't make an underwhelming game that barely gets a fortnight of intensive play and then release a successful sequel a year later.

also notice le evul villain resembles a clergymen even down to the cross-shaped saber
going even further, check the names of the characters
>Kylo Ren
>kylo= kill
>Ren= aryan

Disney: "Kylo probably likes Rey. He should go easy on her. Then we can start on a spin off tv series about the love triangle between Rey, Finn, and Kylo. Does that please you Lord Disney?"

A priest for my parish belongs to a religious order that wears garb like that so he dressed like Kylo Ren for halloween. Our other priest is an old Franciscan so he was old Obi-Wan.

A tiny scar.

Fuck these new movies, why is kylo ren a bitch, why did the stormtrooper murder his brothers, why is this bitch suddenly beating a trained sith with no training at all. THE FUCKING PREQUELS WERE BETTER THAN THIS SHIT.
The Faggotry Awakens was my last SW movie, they ruined it for me /end rant

When you say they, so you mean Disney?

They literally said batfront2 was designed so 8 year olds could play with dad. Fucking mad men

Understood. But did he have to let up that much? Anyone else wanted to see Kylo force kick Rey in the face when she chose the her friends over the Julliard of the force?

It really was disappointing. He has a cool new power! He's commanding! He killed a bunch of junior Jedi off-screen! Sure, he's gotten whiny suddenly, but maybe his obsession with Darth Vader meant he learned all kinds of crazy additional po-

Oh. The untrained Force-user is more powerful and intelligent than him.

She just beat him up and left him a whimpering mess.

Too late for a refund...

Have these writers even read about how pro-wrestling bookers build up a character? This is entirely basic and they screwed up!

I could even tolerate that he's a bit whiny to an extent because he so desperately wants to live up to follow in Vader's footsteps. Everything else was just garbage.

>Ren id
that coincidence

pic related is a theory that might connect SW rebels to the newer movies

lol, yes

What about the scar on his cheek? That shit looks like it can pick up woman at a cantina. Guess it doesn't matter cause he's Rey's bitch anyway.

I agree. Disney Completely shit on character with a lot of potential.

huh, you might be onto something

Guess this thread is dead. I'm heading to Sup Forums to see if anyone hacked Daisy Ridley's nudes.

Titan fall 2's failure was purely because of the fact that it was released between Battlefield 1 and COD:IW
BattlEAfront won't have that problem purely because brand recognition and apparently it's going to be similar to the older games with classes again and not having pick-ups so i'd imagine that it wont die as quickly as the previous one