I love meat, don't get me wrong...

I love meat, don't get me wrong, but I still think its wrong to give animals such poor living conditions even if they will eventually be slaughtered. Not to mention its unhealthy to consume. Would you rather eat a healthy chicken from this photo, or from a factory farm chicken in this video? youtube.com/watch?v=YE9l94b3x9U

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Oaa-5CbWLY
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultured_meat
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Economics > Ethics. As long as people don't have to raise and butcher their own chicken, they won't care if it was a happy chicken or not.

Pretending to care is showing off your status by signaling you can afford to put ethics before economics.

>but I still think its wrong to give animals such poor living conditions even if they will eventually be slaughtered

Then start a company that gives animals proper living conditions and drive out those who treat them badly from the market. "Because my feelings are hurt" isn't a valid reason to impose draconian regulations on business.

It's about the animals feelings you moron...

Probably because they are desensitized to the idea of the chicken they are eating being the flesh of an animal that was once alive, they just see it as food. Which is fine honestly, it'd be strange if we acted guilty or concerned every time we sit down for a meal. There are likely better options that will benefit the consumer, farmer, and animal while still at an affordable cost if the industry makes an effort to change itself, which won't be easy but is possible and could benefit everyone.
So how far does economics > ethics go? Does this include ethics of human life?

Is your answer to human slavery also to start a non-slave based company?

>because animals feelings are hurt we will impose terrible regulations on the business thus making final product price skyrocket resulting into decrease of affordability

Why do you hate poor people? Why do you want poor people not to be able to afford cheap chicken?

>poor living conditions
I agree, there's lots of room to improve.

whichever one costs less and is still good to eat.

Why do poor people eat and breed so much?

>animals are people too
that is not how analogies work

Because our generous government gives out shitloads of money through SNAP and child support programs?

We wouldn't have to give them poor living conditions if we didn't have so many beaners, niggers, and other subhumons to feed. Spiritual reality is the most out of balance it has ever been since Rome.

I don't think animals are people, I think people are animals. Intelligent, and the dominant race on earth, but still animals at the end of the day with primal desires like reproduction, food, shelter, etc.

Farmers should be independent. Corporations shouldn't be allowed in the farming industry

Raise your own food if it will help you sleep at night, lady.

If you don't like how things are OP, than start raising your own chickens and encourage others to do the same.

So they get dat free money and then they start fucking and plopping out more dindus.
Ok then we should have the price of things like chicken go up .
They choose to reproduce more then they can afford . Fuck em let them eat rice and beans then.

Chickens get treated better price goes up dindus can't afford it they pay for their own shit decisions and action in life.

No, user, the correct answer here is "we need to abolish any welfare for poor people and let the fittest survive"

At least smelly muslims won't touch pork because of their degenerate religion.
Not everyone has land appropriate for raising animals.
I did actually, I grew my own plants for a while and it tasted great. Call me selfish, but I like the taste of meat and my backyard isn't big enough for animals so I buy my meat at the grocery from companies I trust. You need a permit and a specific amount of land to raise chickens legally in this area.

Then we should stop government subsidies to agriculture and in particular chicken meat production. The price will go up and fewer people will buy chicken, but instead will eat more vegetables

And have people rely on their families instead of The State? How absurd!

This, also expand self defense laws, and loosen gun restrictions so whites can kill them when they chimp out

You're right, there's literally nothing wrong with giving those animals better living conditions.
Everything is marke-based, but I hope those companies with better conditions succeed over the rest.

I'm still omnivore tho

>I did actually
Good man, husbandry and homesteading are some of the most important skills a man can have. As our nations look as though they may be collapsing in the future, they will become even more important.

>My backyard isn't big enough
You should look into some micro gardens, people have learned to be efficient with little land.

People need to start getting out of the cities, buy up some cheap land, and start small settlements of far right people

This a valid question. I would like to know the cost difference between a factory farm chicken and one in the pic.

>and a sow for breeding

>Cost
Depends mostly upon where you are, if there are local farmers, the demand, the regulations for the area, etc. Some places free range chicken is same or lower price then factory farm. Always check out your local farmers market at the very least if you can't / aren't currently practicing husbandry yourself

If chickens didn't want to live under terrible conditions and slaughtered as soon as they reach a certain size, maybe they should've evolved into something less tasty or not evolved at all and stayed as dinosaurs. Like, why the fuck would the mighty T-Rex evolve into a fucking chicken? Such a stupid creature doesn't deserve to exist but thanks to humans it does, at least briefly.

It is, that's why free-range chicken is even a thing. The problem is that it's a lot harder to raise chickens free-range en masse the way bigger farming companies raise slaughterhouse chickens.

>More vicious
Ever heard of cock fighting? Their males are still pretty fierce

That kind of shit will make antibiotics uselles and billions will die.

Sure bro if you're willing to pay $20 for chicken nuggets.

Well that's not an issue in America. Plus what most people call modern human slavery- such as Filipino migrants to OPEC/UAE nations to serve as right-less servants, aren't even considered slaves by many researchers these days.

So it's a strawman that is retarded.

But yes, 'start a business' or vote for people who support legislation and amendments that you back.

Social media Slacktavism isn't even remotely impressive these days.

>Harder to raise chickens free range en masse
Nations should consist of rural, and cities with small towns in between. Suburbs are an abomination with neither benefits of rural or city life. A ton of people packed together with no land, while stores/trade is far away from residential areas. If we purged suburbs, and encouraged local husbandry things would improve.

Yup, we're already heading that way too

>$20 for enough raw chicken meat to make some breaded chicken nuggets
Do you not shop and cook your own food after buying it in bulk from local suppliers?

This is exactly why I pay extra for free-range meat.

No my mom delivers it to me in the form of tendies I don't know where it comes from.

>Implying slavery is wrong
Paying off ones debt through providing labor, or selling people via contract for x amount of labor while providing them with food, board, and providing them with skills needs to make a come back

Nice meme leaf, have a (you)

youtube.com/watch?v=0Oaa-5CbWLY

Best meat is humane meat because it's a superior product. Factory farmed meat is like buying razors from the dollar store. Sure, you can get 20 for $2, but do you really want to shave with them? A $5 razor is more but the end result is far superior.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultured_meat

>Best meat is humane meat because it's a superior product
This leaf speaks the truth

The chicken was domesticated from the red junglefowl, and they don't look too different at all from the average domesticated chicken.
I can grow tomatoes, strawberries, squash, cucumber, etc. in my backyard easily, I have enough space too so that isn't the issue. But if I want to raise a livestock animal such as a chicken, the only option would be to purchase more land or move like you suggested.
This is kind of a pathetic thing to say but I don't think I could kill something I've raised and interacted with for so long either. I grow attached to things I nurture, it'd be like killing a pet.

I understand user, you'd be surprised how many people of the new and even parent generations feel just like that. It's what happens when kids aren't raised and exposed to the natural world. It repulses us, try showing people the process of field dressing, or even non-processed, preshaped meat into patties and they may not like meat anymore. Which is a shame because they're missing out.

My father grew up in a house where chickens where kept outside, and before dinner his father would just go out with an axe, take one and cut it's head off than his mother would prepare, cook it. That's just how it is in some rural areas

It does make me concerned for the future honestly, what will these people in the cities do when they have to fend for themselves? But I have faith in our people user, including you, you can do it

small towns are the same as suburbs

Think if it like this user - all organisms will one day die. I personally believe that humans are rulers of this world, and that it is our responsibility to be proper wardens to the best of our ability while we develop ourselves and our societies. One organism sustaining itself off the life of another is what everything does in some way. The wolf eats the sheep, the sheep eats the grass, the grass sustains itself from the poop of the wolf, of what isn't eaten of the sheep. It simply is, don't feel bad about killing it, especially after being a proper warden and doing your best to ensure it had a nice life while alive

I was talking more about things like this, which is how most major residential areas outside cities look these days

>'Wrong'
Wtf is this morality. Might makes right. Will just kill and steal anyone as slaves.

cows and chickens are two of the dumbest animals on earth

if they weren't so delicious that mankind keeps breeding them i'm positive they would've died out by now.

>Might makes right
Sure, but there is no reason to reject the concept of slavery in general, which was the point I was making
>Kill and steal anyone
When you're not a raiding party, you require internal policy for your society. In such a case kill/enslavement on demand would not work. Which is why I brought up the concept of bond servant, and the benefits

This
Sounds very romantic but people cant afford meat 10x more expensive just to give dignity to fucking chickens

you are literally the human equivalent of the factory farm chicken, and you are wasting your time on this shit.

eat your damn tendies, or buy property in bumfuck and raise your own food

>If mankind hadn't kept them they would of died out
Wild bovine still exist if I'm not mistaken as do other fowl related to domesticated chickens. I personally prefer lamb over both though

Free range chicken taste fucking good if you don't mind paying extra for it

I see us as the dominant species on earth, but in a way that comes from a price because we often analyze our actions and can possibly feel regret from doing something as simple as feeding one's self by taking another's life. Animals don't do that, as they shouldn't because it'd be an evolutionary flaw in the case of hunting. That is an interesting way of looking at it, but it won't change my initial reaction overnight, it probably can only change through trial and error.
Most Insects hold little intellect yet they are everywhere and can survive in multiple environments, the population of ants on this planet is ridiculously larger than the human population.

So you are telling me you want to pay probably 5 times the price for a free range chicken? you can.

I would rather eat one from a factory farm run by someone who knows what they are doing. Do I give a frenchman's fuck about the chicken's feelings? I can honestly say no

I keep laying hens and do 2 batches of meat chickens a year.
Meat birds are fat lazy fucks that just eat and lay down.
If they can stay in one spot in reach of food and water they'll lay there until they die.
They're ready for processing at 8 weeks.

>Animals don't do that
Our compassion for animals comes from the ability to bond with other creatures not of our own kind, and project empathy onto them. Other animals are capable of doing this, check out any number of symbiotic relationships in nature. I would argue however, that it's much more common in women then in men, which comes from a maternal place.

It's why you see women who never have kids getting animals and calling them their 'furbabies' they actually view them as a sit in for actual offspring, and cater to them as they would a child. This is less empathy projection/pair bonding, and more a result of our sick society moving away from natural gender roles.

>evolutionary flaw in the case of hunting
Not necessarily, you can accept how things are, and still act outside of it occasionally. Besides, it can be mutually beneficial, but yes it can also be parasitic

>It won't change my initial reaction overnight
I don't expect it too, I expect it to be what helps you get through any feelings you may have after doing it

Anyone OP, good thread, good night anons