World’s First Head Transplant Patient to Undergo Virtual Reality Training Before Procedure

>Although most people still think the concept of a head transplant is entirely impossible, the truth is very different. The person responsible for carrying out this transplant is also the one who developed a virtual reality system to prepare patients for their new body. An interesting take on things. as it goes to show VR technology has quite some intriguing use cases most people would not think of at first.

>To be more specific, Professor Sergio Canavero has developed a virtual reality-based system that allows the patient to get acquainted with his future body. This is a crucial development, as it will be quite a shock to the patient to suddenly control a body capable of walking. It is impossible to imagine what such a patient will go through once they awake from the procedure, assuming that will happen in the first place.

themerkle.com/head-transplant-patient-to-undergo-vr-training/

Will it be successful?
I want to be transplanted into a loli body...

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12112051/First-head-transplant-successfully-carried-out-on-monkey-claims-surgeon.html
surgicalneurologyint.com/surgicalint-articles/heaven-the-head-anastomosis-venture-project-outline-for-the-first-human-head-transplantation-with-spinal-linkage-gemini/
youtube.com/watch?v=D12qGelZAi0
youtube.com/watch?v=R2BxGOdYm8U
sciencealert.com/controversial-head-transplants-have-reportedly-been-performed-on-a-bunch-more-animals
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experiments_in_the_Revival_of_Organisms
m.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T8OuYIfhM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakra
youtube.co/watch?v=yevlIEmW6hw
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3821155/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just look how happy the donor is.

Whacko Dago

Metal Gear reference?

he's going to be retarded

a head transplant? so you`re telling me they managed to preserve a humans consciousness in his body and then relocate it into a head that was transplanted on that body? thats crazy, last time i checked doctors were still experimenting with full body transplants where they attach somebodys head to a different body, therefore transplanting the body and not the head.

Sooo, doesn't the brain loose braincells once oxygen(or blood?) stop reaching eat? What are they doing to keep the brain alive?

better dead than red

>loose
loosen up your ass, faggot

into a loli body? is being a retarded fuckdoll your life goal?

Anything that filters and moves blood would work.

If they're really hardcore, they'll get everything reattached and restart the new host body heart inside of the 4-7 minute brain damage window.

Like how you would put meat in the freezer to make it last in a sense.

Underrated

The head will be cooled down by about 5 degrees Celsius, this will give them a bigger time window to finalize the operation without the patient experiencing brain damage.

The technology used to keep severed heads alive already exists, and has existed for quite a long while. This is not an issue.

I thought this whole thing was just a viral marketing gimmick for MGS:TPP, why do I suddenly see this guy all over the fucking internet again when the game released almost two years ago now?

lack of sufficient oxygen to brain = instant death

lolno

>get my head transplanted on to a niggers body so I can't get called racist anymore

the VR thing is pretty cool. I heard the people paralyzed from the waist down underwent vr therapy, where they would try to move their legs in the virtual world, and their legs IRL started to actual gain some very small control again. Not nearly enough so that they would walk again, but their spinal cord repaired itself to the point where they could actually have control of things like their bowel functions again, which as you can imagine would be great to have after losing them.

daily reminder that we simply do not have the technology needed to effectively reattach spinal cords. if this isnt a complete load of shit which it sounds like, the patient will spend a very long time being able to move only his head and fingers

>into a loli body? is being a retarded fuckdoll your life goal?

my brain is still here with my intelligence, and had a loli body is more appealing, i can camwhore, and multiple orgasms

white head on black body. holy shit this could actually happen

No there is a conscious person whom has limited or no use of his body and he will have his head removed and placed on a functional body. The picture is fictional.

It has been done successfully with monkeys already and the science to do it has been there for years already.

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12112051/First-head-transplant-successfully-carried-out-on-monkey-claims-surgeon.html

surgicalneurologyint.com/surgicalint-articles/heaven-the-head-anastomosis-venture-project-outline-for-the-first-human-head-transplantation-with-spinal-linkage-gemini/

bruh

>themerkle.com
>The Merkle
What, she has her own fake news website now, Germans?

Have you seen the patient as he is right now? He's not much better off. His condition is gonna kill him fairly soon anyway so if I was him I'd say fuck it and do the same.

You just want to upgrade your little dick.

I don't get it. we have no way of repairing cns tissue, problem being you can't just splice some nerves and have it work as intended afterwards. currently impossible in the cns

how the fuck are they supposed to connect a fucking head to a body and have the nerves magically working?

best case scenario the dude will regain consciousness and have is head sown on to a useless sack of a body for a while before dying

b-but user.. you will get a black kids instead of white kids... because you're penis is black...

what is that? whats wrong? i thought all male want to experience female multi orgasms

This picture is false, white people are the only race ever to have practiced slavery. How dare you

see

The penis is coming with mate

that would mean it`s a person getting a body transplant, not a body getting a head transplant.

Lol they are just gonna end up killin that dude.
The moment they sever the spinal chord it's all over. Dr. even says in the vid that a successful spinal chord repair has never been accomplished.

YOU'RE ALL FUCKING RETARDED! THE NERVOUS SYSTEM INCLUDES THE BRAIN AND IS NOT THE BRAIN ALONE. THE PROCEDURE IS EQUIVALENT TO CUTTING THE BRAIN INTO PARTS AND PUTTING OTHER DIFFERENT PARTS INTO IT. IT'S NOT GOING TO BE THE SAME NERVOUS SYSTEM AND THUS NOT THE SAME PERSON COMING OUT THE OTHER END. RETARDS.

this. i doubt this guy is going to be any better off than someone whos neck snapped

>head transplant
>VR training
That's exactly what happend to Raiden when the patriots got him, right? The cyborg body was initially cloned then "altered" with cybernetics and finally his head and spine were transplanted on it.
We METAL GEAR nao.

youtube.com/watch?v=D12qGelZAi0

Same difference, it is the head that being transplant from one body to another. Hence a head transplant. Obviously the head contains the consciousness. See the scientific journal link I posted for the full procedure.

So how long until fatties learn that they can literally get a fit body without actually working out/dieting and demand this surgery?

>people still fall for this

........user

YOU'RE ALL FUCKING RETARDED! MY COMPUTER INCLUDES THE SSD AND IS NOT THE SSD ALONE. THE PROCEDURE IS EQUIVALENT TO DISASSEMBLING THE COMPUTER AND PUTTING OTHER DIFFERENT PARTS INTO IT. IT'S NOT GOING TO BE THE SAME SETUP AND THUS NOT THE SAME SSD COMING OUT THE OTHER END. RETARDS.

I want to believe. This would be the best, literally.

How do you glue neck nerves together? Do hit it on a shelf lest you paralyse yourself again. Italians do have highest IQ though and I guess that Doctor isn't white according to Sup Forums

It's already been done with a monkey in 1970 although they couldn't reconnect the spinal cord

>In 1970, Robert White and his colleagues successfully transplanted the head of a rhesus monkey on the body of another one, whose head had simultaneously been removed. The monkey lived 8 days and was, by all measures, normal, having suffered no complications.[ 28 ] A few years later, he wrote: “…What has been accomplished in the animal model – prolonged hypothermic preservation and cephalic transplantation, is fully accomplishable in the human sphere. Whether such dramatic procedures will ever be justified in the human area must wait not only upon the continued advance of medical science but more appropriately the moral and social justification of such procedural undertakings.”[ 29 ] In 1999, he predicted that “…what has always been the stuff of science fiction - the Frankenstein legend, in which an entire human being is constructed by sewing various body parts together – will become a clinical reality early in the 21st century… brain transplantation, at least initially, will really be head transplantation – or body transplantation, depending on your perspective… with the significant improvements in surgical techniques and postoperative management since then, it is now possible to consider adapting the head-transplant technique to humans.”[ 30 ]

Now they believe they can reattach some/most of the nerves giving partial functionality.

Proofs ?

Won't be long before we have hamplanets hunting and killing attractive young girls with the same blood type in order to take their bodies over, and devastate them with the same rapacious hunger that they inflicted on their former selves.

-15 actually

Here's an odd concept to think about:
If he has sex and conceives, is it his kid or the donor's kid?

I'd be more worried about ourselves user. Boogey is definitely out there looking for a victim so he can swap bodies and tell everyone how he "lost" all his weight like he promised

Is it merely a (((coincidence))) that the doctor looks like the doctor from the beginning of MGSV?

Neck nerves grow together like broken bones grow together. Just ten times slower.

realistically if this worls, then the only limiting factor left for human life will be cellular generation in the brain, after that, immortality.

At that point, it's going to be really important to be rich.

I think he means they are kept cryogenically frozen.
Which anyone can do with decent equipment and money desu.
The problem is the thawing and what to do with head later.
It's no secret that pic related and many like him have their heads frozen for a time where they can be thawed in the future and have their bodies rebuilt.

>You awaken from a deep sleep to a terrible noise
>The sound of heavy breathing with the occasional bubble of a viscous gurgle
>You fumble for your bedside lamp, turning it on, right as what feels like Atlas's globe itself falling on your chest
>Curtains of dank, unyielding fatty flesh drape down over you as an unearthly scent invades your senses
>There, before you, you see him, mayonnaise smeared upon his mouth, his tongue attached to the roof of his mouth by long strings saliva mixed with mayo.
>His lips curl into a sickening grin as he drives a piece of cold steel into your neck
>As you sight leaves you, he shouts, "PAY FOR MY HEALTH INSURANCE!!!"

"Quite a long time" being 70 years

I keep hearing this, what's the endgame here?
And surely it should be refereed to as a body transplant no?

>virtual reality
> just like MGS2

KOJIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I remember this one, didn't some dude lop off a dogs head but kept it "alive" by using a machine to pump blood and oxygen into it?

youtube.com/watch?v=R2BxGOdYm8U

sort of. the metal gear doctor is based off that doctor.

nerve regrowth is possible. not going to explain it.

your argument was spastic. plz calm down and just say "no". u dont need to state anything else.

>The only way to perform a cephalic exchange in man is to cool the body-recipient (R)'s head to such a low temperature to allow the surgeons to disconnect and reconnect it to the donor (D)'s body, whose head has been removed in the same operating theater by a second surgical team. Once R's head has been detached, it must be joined to D's body, that is, it must be reconnected to the circulatory flow of D, within the hour.[29,30,31] Mammals can be sustained without blood flow for 1 hour at most when cooled to the accepted safe lower limit of 12-15°C: At a temperature of 15°C, the cerebral metabolic rate in man is 10% of normal. Recovery following circulatory arrest for as long as 1 hour has been reported at

>Reality is just a big game to Kojima.
>We're just individual AIs in his virtual playground.

Imagine if you could grow a body.

No it hasnt

Yes, the child is the Donors so this is why clone bodies of yourself should be used not a stranger's that can probably also overwrite your own will.
You should read up on the 7 chakras, I'd imagine just placing your 2(crown and third eye) ontop of the others won't really allow you to fully control a donors body.

it's not a coincidence this surgery has been getting articles written about it for a very long time since before mgs 5 came out. kojima was influenced by his look

You've watched too much anime.

Yes it has. For up to an hour

Yeah

Soviet scientists did it with dogs and we did it with monkeys.

>It has been done successfully with monkeys already and the science to do it has been there for years already.
>sucessfully
that would imply any of the animals were able to use the new body and survive
that hasn't been the case.

God help us all

I don't know why people think this is so unrealistic. Hooking up the organs and what have you to keep the brain alive is totally doable, the only part people are skeptical of is the spinal cord, but the guy doing it is a cripple anyway; it's just that his body is a complete mess. He's not going to give a fuck if he's still crippled as long as he has functioning organs.

As of last year, yes it has.

sciencealert.com/controversial-head-transplants-have-reportedly-been-performed-on-a-bunch-more-animals

Exactly. There's a documentary about it as well:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experiments_in_the_Revival_of_Organisms
m.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T8OuYIfhM

They also managed to make some kind of Frankenstein shit with two dogs, but I'm pretty sure that the transplanted dog ended up paralyzed. We've been capable of doing head transplants for decades (even on monkeys), but no one has figured out yet how to tie the nerves back.

>anime
Nah, I don't watch that. I'm somewhat of a "spiritual" person.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakra

Calling it now. This is going to fail miserably, if the procedure is a success anti-immunity will kill him off or there will be no neuroregeneration between the spinal cord and the brain.stem which means he will still be a veggie

Successful mouse
youtube.co/watch?v=yevlIEmW6hw

Monkey pic

time for cybernetics

vr_training bs bet hes learning about anatomy and head removal via mortal kombat

Which is the most moraly right?
Dogs are men's best friend but monkeys are our closest species

Actually your entire body's nervous and endocrine system makes up "you" not just your brain, so the premise is flawed from the beginning. There may be a continuity of consciousness from one body to the next but he/she would be a different person after the transplant is complete

>but no one has figured out yet how to tie the nerves back..
Maybe electricity? I've heard that specific tiny electrical discharges administered to the ends of a ruptured nerve can actually "burn" it together like glue and eventually it heals as if it was reconnected again.
The problem is that if we're talking about head transplants and/or other limbs there's no way to do properly align the nerves in order to shock them from the outside to test it out.

I don't have a medical training or a license or anything but I'm pretty sure if I had the proper funding I can pretty much glue anything to anyone.
My head is bursting with ideas sometimes.

penis doesnt matter but the balls do.

>headtransplant
its a fucking body transplantation. the guy changes the body, not the head

>white nut transplants aren't an option for black men

Nerve regrowth is possible in the peripheral nervous system, but is serverely impeded by several key factors in the central nervous system (spinal cord/brain). Certain support cells in the spinal cord respond to injury by walling off the damage area with scar tissue, making re-approximation of two severed nerve stubs nearly impossible. That's why people can recover function after a nerve injury in the hand for example, but whilst rehabilitation for a brain or spinal injury takes years and years for very little return.

t. Medical student

No, if the balls are transplanted(white guys balls on a black man's region where his original balls were removed) then the black donor's body will start producing sperm in those new balls but add the DNA material from the black body.
In other words, the child will never be yours if you transferred your head unless you extensively edit the genes themselves to be like your head.
Or somehow make your head alter the body's genes( but that's impossible IMO)

it's a satire site

>themerkle.com

ahahahahaha

you guys are fucking retarded

>Plus the monkey was only kept alive for about 20 hours, so we only have photos to go off of at this point (NSFW though, they are pretty gruesome).
>20 hours

>"The dog is a case report, and you can’t learn very much from a single animal without controls," says Jerry Silver, a neuroscientist in Ohio. "They claim they cut the cervical cord 90 per cent but there’s no evidence of that in the paper, just some crude pictures."

no confirmation, only a bunch of gooks with some videos

pic related is a meme

No it's legit retard.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3821155/

I wouldn't let him put a band-aid on me.
Most doctors say this operation won't work.

That didn't come out ok... uh... What I'm trying write is that no matter what sort of balls you transplant on yourself or get, the DNA inside the balls(after a few wanks) is no longer the donors since the Host's body will try to "heal" them in order to switch the type of DNA the balls can store and/or produce.