Why is race not a social construct? This guy seems to think it is and that infact, there is no such thing as race

Why is race not a social construct? This guy seems to think it is and that infact, there is no such thing as race.

youtube.com/watch?v=RK3sguRWYK0

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.0010014
therightstuff.biz/2015/05/18/the-rational-view-on-race/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19695787
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Same reason we don't recognize every species of bird as just "bird"

Checked those tabs.

Made me lol.

species isnt the same as race though
different species have different bone structures and number of bones for example, but all races of humans have the same bone structures

what am i looking at?

Genetic distance between races

They literally do not.
Forensic analysts can tell race apart by bone structures as easily as gender.

Judging by OPs post, Austism is a social construct.

There are more than 339 breeds of dog, Each with unique characteristics. But only one breed of human beings

Sickle cell disease is a social construct.

Those fucking tabs hahahahaha

There's only one breed of dog, the dog.

do you think over the next few thousand of years we will evolve with more significant differences in bone structure the way different birds have?

The problem with this is that we should be considered different species but it would be WAYYYYY too controversial to do so. So it's just kept as human. Otherwise, we would be separate species. Remember, humans are the ones that allocate these differences, they aren't from God or some shit.

ITT: retards making up new mental gymnastic bullshit to make race a social construct

race are just genes. when one group of people breed with each other over a period of time, some genes become more dominant and exhibit a physical appearance.

there there is a social construct of "identity" where people attach culture to appearance of race. Its why black kids want to grow up to be thugs when the people who look like them act like thugs in music videos and tv.

not trying to make race a social construct you fuckin bohemian im simply being objective to a controversial topic. Try it sometime, maybe you'll fuckin learn something.

Then why has every single form I have filled out from kindergarten to social security and the bank and census asked me to check a box asking me what race I am? Now they act like I made it up?

human races have diffrent bone structures, dentals and skull shapes

You wrecked yourself

>race isn't real
>white privilege exists
>only white people can be racist
I don't understand

>you can't look at the DNA of someone and be like, that person is this race

This faggot couldn't be more wrong.

>You'll like this. In a recent study, when we looked at the correlation between genetic structure [based on microsatellite markers] versus self-description, we found 99.9% concordance between the two. We actually had a higher discordance rate between self-reported sex and markers on the X chromosome! So you could argue that sex is also a problematic category. And there are differences between sex and gender; self-identification may not be correlated with biology perfectly. And there is sexism. And you can talk about age the same way. A person's chronological age does not correspond perfectly with his biological age for a variety of reasons, both inherited and non-inherited. Perhaps just using someone's actual birth year is not a very good way of measuring age. Does that mean we should throw it out? No. Also, there is ageism—prejudice related to age in our society. A lot of these arguments, which have a political or social aspect to them, can be made about all categories, not just the race/ethnicity one.

journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.0010014

Based fellow czech telling it how it is.

>you can't look at someone's dna and tell what race they are
yes you can lol

If race were a social construct there would be no races at all because that would imply race doesnt exist.

Racism is also a social construct

Sexism is also a social construct

Even gassing Jews is a social construct

>"You can't look at someone's DNA and say they are "this" race"

holy fuck they're literally just lying.

I'm German/ sri lankan, what would my gentic markers tell you. My mitochondrial DNA would tell you I'm sri lankan but I doubt it would tell my Germanic side very much.

this guy summed it up pretty good

they would reflect your origins same as with anyone else?

If race doesn't exist, then racism is a myth.

>we should be considered different species

No we shouldn't. We are literally the same species since we can interbreed and produce fertile offspring.

But we're all definitely different sub-species of human given the immense physical and genetic differences.

not rly

>Implying the social contract is even remotely valid.

Is that a picture of sweden?

If there is no such thing as race, there is no such thing as gender.

Yes and no they manly go off mitochondrial DNA for ancestry. But since a lot of Germanic DNA is recessive I highly doubt there's much left.

Why do people call things social constructs as though that means they aren't real? As long as you live in society, its constructs affect you.

i cant even wait till the end anymore. its just such total nonsense and i get so disgusted by this leftist rambling i cant even wait to see the video till the end

cuz if something is a social construct, leftists try to use that a leverage to re-negotiate things which are fundamental in society. its like - this is only a thing because everyone agreed its a thing, lets agree its not a thing anymore

Great!

Now let's get rid of affirmative action and diversity quotas and any reference to race on the subject of slavery, etc.

Give it a couple of centuries, and they might be right. Till then, just labelling something isn't a doctor's excuse note from dealing with it.

If anyone has a solid refutation on the work John Phillipe Rushton please post it here.

>Protip: you don't.

top kek at opened tabs

Then there is no such thing as racism either, if there is no race.

Yes.

Evolution doesn't stop and it has no end goal.

You can't be a rational man of science and believe that there is no biological difference between races.

agreed

Then how are whites racist?

check and mate, m8

>science plus
Is it something like atheism plus?

Ohhhhhhh I get it now, race isn't real, humans are just completely different from each other for no reason whatsoever, it's probably white privilege and social constructs! Thanks for the quick rundown, that really helps!

It's just a war of semantics. It's a common communist tactic. In fact the whole doctrine of communism is a word salad of crappy Jewish worker ideals in order to transfer the power of the private citizen to a small group of people.

The word "racism" itself is a Marxist myth to be a catch all phrase for demonize a persons position. Think about it what does racism mean? anti-sematic, anti-black, anti-white, anti-asian? Why not just use those terms are those obsolete and don't describe a person's position better? No the whole point of the term is to be catch all insult to shut down a opponents philosophy or argument by dividing them from other groups. IE: I hate blacks, I am anti black and nothing more, (I also hate kikes but lets just stick to the example) (((they))) call me racist in order to have all groups think that I am against them.

We have the typical amount of genetic distance for a species. We have sub-species or races (or klines)

This article has is fairly good.
therightstuff.biz/2015/05/18/the-rational-view-on-race/

Pictures used:'
Genetic Distance (fst)
>"There are many other species which have recognized subspecies that are less genetically distinct than human races are. Such species include, for example, the Canadian lynx, the African Buffalo, The Plain Zebra, and the Red Winged Black Bird. Dog breeds are more genetically distinct than most subspecies are and there is no plausible justification for using them as the standard by which to judge other species. The choice of dogs is obviously motivated entirely by the fact that dog breeds are more genetically distinct than human races. There is no other reason that RationalWiki decided to use them as their example. But if we use the same standards as we do for other species the level of genetic differentiation between human race is more than enough to justify calling them subspecies."
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19695787

You should know that denying that race exists is a Western fashion done by sociologists, not geneticists, not Asian or Eastern-European. In the West jews have also been essential in pushing myths and lies about, Gould is one example (lying about differences in skull sizes and the cranial capacity between races)

>different species have different bone structures and number of bones for example, but all races of humans have the same bone structures
None of them have the same. They have different skeletal structures, otherwise you would not be able to tell the which race a bald albino african, and albino asian, or an albino white belonged to. Have you ever meet anyone of a different race?

>do you think over the next few thousand of years we will evolve with more significant differences in bone structure the way different birds have?
The sentinelese are about to become a different species from us

The term "race" is a social construct.
What you're referring to is actually a subspecies.

>I haven't defined race and will instead use the fact that there's multiple vague definitions under different contexts or cultures to say race doesn't exist
>sociology 101

What an idiot, if he's not addressing the nature the thing then how can he study the thing?

>You can't tell race by DNA
This fool is smoking too much wee
>It's sociology 101
It's always appeal to authority with leftists

Yes, you can tell race by DNA. The alleles that express racial features will eventually be figured out, but there is no question that DNA > RNA > Proteins > Organs i.e. you have a black ass

He's not studying shit. He's a youtube personality.

Obviously, one of the recommended videos is how there's more than two genders, they use the same trick, not define what it is and instead say there's many definitions of gender so it's not real.

This channel is bankrolled by the same company bankrolling Laci Green.

>Seeker was relaunched in May 2016 in an effort by Discovery Digital Networks to reach millennial audiences looking to satisfy their curiosity by immersing themselves in science, technology and culture.[5] The network was initially launched in March 2015, with a focus on exploration and adventure.[6]

>In October 2016, Seeker was acquired by the newly founded Group Nine Media, along with Thrillist Media Group, NowThis News, The Dodo and SourceFed Studios. This new media group earned a $100 Million investment from Discovery Communications, and is under the leadership of former Thrillist CEO Ben Lerer.[7][8]

(((((((((Ben Lerer)))))))))

Pure propaganda designed to "educate" the youth who prefer to use Youtube for their entertainment

watch 3:20

"we boil this all down to skin color alot...uh...which...thats just a big nope. That makes no sense at all."

can't argue with that logic