EDM Doesn’t Have a Women Problem, It Has a Straight White Guy Problem

>EDM Doesn’t Have a Women Problem, It Has a Straight White Guy Problem
>It isn't merely the representation of female bodies that is at issue: it's the sheer lack of women in the dance music industry. On festival stages, in club lineups, in positions of power as defined by influence over what people listen to and how much money can be made, women are in the extreme minority. Other than providing some publications occasional opportunities to publish inoffensive lists of "must-hear" female DJs "you need to know," this gender imbalance does nothing positive for the culture.
>>Further, the fact that brown and black women are seen as objects fit for consumption of straight white male gaze, and with rare exception, not suitable for a spot behind the decks on a festival main stage is problematic and indicative of the huge gap between mainstream dance music's ethos of acceptance and its new reality of exclusivity.
>> >Of the 24 DJ headliners at Ultra this coming weekend, none are women. Only five would likely identify as people of color. None are openly gay. If they were alive today, what would Larry Levan and Frankie Knuckles have to say about the co-opting of their music and their counter-culture by a demographic that already runs the world?

thump.vice.com/en_us/article/edm-doesnt-have-a-women-problem-it-has-a-straight-white-guy-problem

Here we go again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rUUsqgbZjCg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IWZ6vLQAqtY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not surprising at all. Writers and producers are all straight white guys, many in their 40's.

Niggers still rely on white dudes to actually put something listenable together for rap and hip hop, always have.

Jews are mad because they have no control over underground scenes and Soundcloud popularity.

So maybe women should try instead of demanding white men hand them everything?

fucking this

also, most vocals in EDM songs are women. faggots.

Isn't EDM all about the music rather than who is making it? I'm pretty sure the fans wouldn't give a single fuck if the DJ were a woman or asian or black or trans or whatever else. They just need to make something people want to listen to.

>If they were alive today, what would Larry Levan and Frankie Knuckles have to say about the co-opting of their music and their counter-culture by a demographic that already runs the world?
I feel like killing a bitch.

>not posting archive
fuck off vice

>Straight White Guy Problem
>Problem

Why is this entire article phrased as if white guys are actively "pushing out" coloreds and women?

White guys wanna make music, other people are content with just listening and partying. They could EASILY make it themselves. EDM requires a knowledge of music but you don't need timing or dexterity.

So what's stopping faggots and bitches from making music? It's certainly not white guys.

This. As long as the music is bumping and keeps the crowd alive we love it.

youtube.com/watch?v=rUUsqgbZjCg

>So what's stopping faggots and bitches from making music? I

Talent.

White guys have it in spades - everyone else..notsomuch.

Looks like when you have to combine some creativity with basic technological/software skills blacks fail miserably (like in most areas). They will never dominate that field, it does not reek of ghetto-hood culture.

You must not listen to rap music very much. Almost every song now a days has a young metro Intro. He's a black.

Yea there's a handful of black DJs making millions from rap.

But, white people are like, evil and such.

Because Vice are dickheads who are perpetually pissed that their pet minorities aren't competent enough to actually accomplish anything. They always get rekt by normies on goybook under their articles anyway, no-one buys into their shit.

>EDM
Fuck that noise.

No they're not, it just so happens that EDM is made on a computer and a higher demographic of whites would have more access to a computer than a higher demographic of blacks. 2+2 friends

The difference between a talented white man making music and "talented" women or niggers is night and day.

rap is made on a computer also retard

You're right. Hold on, let me rephrase that.

No they're not, it just so happens that (most mainstream music) is made on a computer and a higher demographic of whites would have more access to a computer than a higher demographic of blacks.

There, I've taken the ONE word you were hung up on and broadened it to include your definition. Does my point hold more weight now? Or did you simply reply out of autistic OCD?

No fucking Edm is all I have. It's degenerate Ik but damn the left made everything suck. All that's left is dropping acid and vining out to heavy bass. This is our rock n' roll and you boomer professors have to keep brainwashing our generations women to invade it. Can't we have at least one thing??!!! Why ?!!

We have nothing but you're never satisfied.

Turning us into eternal wageslaves wasn't enough, all my hobbies are seen as degenerate by tradcons and becoming feminized.

took me a few watches on this gif to realize this nigger isn't touching a single thing

goofy ass bad DJ lol
probably making a real good life for himself too

Sorry, I greentexted most important parts though.

yea sorry i have to chip in on this.
here s a few black top notch dj and producers in the house / minimal techno scene

>Moodyman
>Binh
>jeff mills, the father of techno

i could go one but those 3 are the ones ive seen live at least twice

women, also

>nina kraviz
>nastia
>vera
>mayaan nidam

same as above

>id
>digits

damn

Like seriously. Why?! We're already in debt to the boomers. Do you feel guilty for destroying the quality of life so you just want to find ways to put us out of our misery??

>No they're not, it just so happens that (most mainstream music) is made on a computer and a higher demographic of whites would have more access to a computer than a higher demographic of blacks.

It isn't 1993 you niggerloving faggot, even Chinese peasants have access to computers

>muh underpriviliged blacks

They just suck, accept it.

EDM is shit tier dude, get into deep house, micro house/minimal, techno and whatnot

>it isn't 1993
No, but the people who are producers now are white kids in their 20's. Guess around what year they were born.

for every dark or woman you can find that you somewhat like, you can find a white man who is objectively better

law of averages or some shit, I don't know about modern EDM, I don't think there's enough "art" in it for me

For $60 shipped a nog could have a computer that runs Win 7 and cracked software good enough to meet industry standards. I've made $50k this year off $200 worth of gear. Niggers are morons.

What point are you poorly attempting to make here?

this isnt about being better, those that i mentioned are damn great in their respective fields (genres, subgenres). They re skilled and technical DJs with a musical education.

The rest is just up to each's taste. Their styles differ, its what makes them noticeable

Hey remember when those days back when the record industry cartel co-opted all the radio dee-jays with Payola, resulting in a nepotistic music industry whose sounds, genres and trends all became dictated down by a small handful of RICH JEWISH MALES? They're just mad that there are still small pockets of independents trying to run music shows that aren't owned by Schlomo Goldberg Records.

>EDM
>music

That back in the 90's when these producers were growing up, only the white kids had computers. You literally just said it yourself, in the early 90's (1993 for example just to help you along) computers weren't wide spread and do chances are only middle class and up had them, statistically speaking more white people are middle class than black people. Therefore in the 90's it would make more sense that white people had more computers than black people.

I don't think I could break it down for you any more than that.

In 2017 yes.

Creating music takes skill which filters out 90% of women

Fixed her image.

now that i think of it most musicians are men. why cant women into creativity?

This. There are several popular female DJs in the Tokyo area and no one thinks twice about their gender because it's all about the music. Maybe if Western females made good music they would get the same recognition as males. But as always they want something for nothing.

Reminder that Autechre is the highest form of art that the human race has achieved and that if you don't like it it is literally too deep for you.

What exactly is stopping anyone but straight while males from making EDM or any other type of music?? Literally what the fuck is the issue with these people

Isn't Aoki the biggest name in the genre right now?

my point was about being better
white men are more frequently good at making music
and the best artists of all are overwhelmingly white men

It's like saying R&B is too black.

Anyone can do a song on their computer these days, so just shut the fuck up and do something other than complain... make a song people like and you'll have solved 80% of the problem.

Synthwave is the only genre that matters.

Then how do you explain all the black guys in their early 20's being soundcloud rappers?

Does someone have the chick tract about DJs?

Asians = White as far as liberals are concerned.

>I am too lazy or too stupid to learn fruityloops, buy a cheap basic DJ deck or synthesizer and upload my stuff to soundcloud or mixcloud
nobody's fault you have no talent, you lazy bitch

Because anyone with a computer can be a soundcloud rapper. It's 2017 as many people have pointed out, computers are readily available now. That's why they're on soundcloud and not big like the producers that started in the 90's. They didn't start in the 90's.

I don't think 5 year old white kids in the 90's were working on their DJing skills.

Same for women. The reason there aren't more women producers is the exact same reason there aren't more women in STEM fields. Because they don't like doing anything technical and they don't like hard work.

EDM is fucking garbage and you should KYS if you unironically enjoy it.

>a choker
lithuania, you've activated my dick
you need to take responsibility

Leafs ruin everything. Shit faggot Vice was started my Gavin McInnis, a FUCKING LEAF
>pic related Faggot McShoveshitupmyassoncameraandinpublicInnis

Vice always does this shit. Tries to create gender shit where there is none.
They got this shit show called "Weed Etiquette" where some Poo In Loo goes around interviewing people about weed. One episode is dedicated to "women in the marijauana industry: and all he does is lead questions to where he wants them.
Fuck Vice is so gay.

This. It's a manufactured controversy, SJW 101

>Hire a white guy to ghost write some beats that a nigger can bixnood over

Nice try Jamal.

>a genre of music produced by men who's entire goal is to get laid
>upset by the result
Liberalism is a mental illness

EDM has an absurdly low bar to entry; there's literally nothing stopping random oppressed minorities from making the next hit

Most music is about the music rather than who's making it. Only with personality cults like Beyonce and Justin Bieber is the artist more important than the music. Mainstream (((pop))) music is the exception, not the rule.

EDM events are mating rituals. The goal of the music is to facilitate ass shaking by women (or gay men).

Because guys can hear lower frequencies and their ears like lower frequencies. Guess what's a lower frequency in EDM? BASS

>If they were alive today, what would Larry Levan and Frankie Knuckles have to say about

They would thank Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream and Morodor (like they have done publically before).

>edm
>skill

How does she know the edm guys are straight?

hi

m.youtube.com/watch?v=IWZ6vLQAqtY

lol ok

>Hey Ho Captain Jack
>Women Back on the Women Track

It's probably too autistic for girls tbqh. Techno and house have been going steady for around 30 years now, half the people producing/mixing it are faggots but there aren't that many women, you have to spend an awful load of time looking for records and even more time alone in studio to record something, it's really autistic, most girls I know like their social life way too much to do that

>pushing the 'diversity for the sake of diversity' meme
they doubled down on this. tripled. quadrupled. what are they at now, centupling down on this meme.

I wish they would bring back this Euro shit

It's so happy and positive, I can't stand the "swag" brostep crap these days