If north korea is communist, then how do their stores work? Can someone please explain?

If north korea is communist, then how do their stores work? Can someone please explain?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DyqUw0WYwoc&
twitter.com/Mikareport/status/853448568446763008
youtube.com/channel/UCzvCf_q10UZkUJE0lOav0ag/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=T0TYCEXmi90
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also does anyone else feel a little bad for them? I mean just look at how innocent their products are.

They have capitalism, watch the DPRK defectors videos.

That tech is out of this world
So advanced
They have cyborg cashier columns
Woooooow

That shit has been on display since 1995. I bet it's all stale as fuck

That's propaganda but the real economy, the one every actual citizen uses is capitalism it has been since the famine in the 90's. lil kimmy doesn't provide shit for north Koreans.

The government owns the profits.

I need to go there. Buying a bootleg north korean wrist watch is on my bucket list

that shop is either for tourists or just propaganda video, as grocery stores full of food is a good indicator of prosperity

nothing there is for sale

Calling any communist country "communist" is intellectually fallacious. They are by definition 'Marxist-Leninist'

Soviet Union had currency, as does China, as does Cuba. Communism is nothing but a fools dream.

They don't work. You're looking at a prop

>communism = getting rid of all currency!

They are probably taken from the tourists who don't make it back from the past three decades

That's probably the biggest store in North Korea and only exists for propaganda pictures

youtube.com/watch?v=DyqUw0WYwoc&

aren't there a lot of south koreans who pretend to be norks so they get refugeebucks?

North Korea is an absolute Monarchy.

You need to read the books written by defectors to get the real story. Outsiders are supervised at all times and only see what they are meant to.

If you believe that is a real store i have a bridge to sell you.

I'm starting to look at some of this stuff like the holocaust propaganda.

Also South Korea likely would be the same if not for USA.
People think North is result of communism, but Korea was always culturally close to the idea of hermit kingdom and dynasty considered living gods.

so you're jus sayin that this is stupid
and some of us look like fucking retards?

bu bub ub we empire gods thos lol

I'm starting to look at our narrative of brainwashed drones like holocaust propaganda.

Yes but tha'st also true of Italians and Greeks in Germany.

You are drone brainwashed by ideological subversion, watch the videos and read the books of russian defector Yuri Bezmenov.

they import from china

>Korea was always culturally close to the idea of hermit kingdom and dynasty considered living gods
>hermit kingdom
So NK is some kind of 1000-year cultural throwback?

>Tech is out of this world
>Missiles blow up as soon as launched

those look like vagina clocks in the top left

the zoo!

>how do their stores work
They don't.

WAIFUS

The NK elite has access to western goods and actual shops

have you noticed there are no.... price tags....

All of this is a badly painted on trick, but the artist is just as blind so he doesn't know what to paint.

Hollyfuck that pooh bear clock is from the 80's!!!

They are fake

NK looks clean and comfy as hell

Their stores are fake. They dont have stores. Theyll have a few that display fresh food just for appearance and beauty but not to buy. Its like the park benches they have. "No sitting"

>how do they work
Do you see anyone shopping in that picture?

That looks fucking depressing.
Eaven for me, and i lived in Soviet Union................

It's very simple (I remember this from former communist yugoslavia)

Shops get stocked and supplied by the government. Every month they receive a ratio of products.. 100 eggs , 20 bags of rices etc whatever. Based on a year plan of the country production..

If a country produces 1 miljoen eggs per year and there are 100 shops every shop can sell 10thousand eggs etc..

Often this kind of planning doesn't work out due to for example a failed harvest, which results in empty shelves..

Rhey are vorking while half starved and with no gain.

North Korea is not a real country. It's more like a big interactive museum exhibit of what a hypothetical country might look like.

this
They are like pararel universe south korea.

they only have a couple supermarkets simply to show them to foreign tourists

im sure someone here can date that particular coke can

twitter.com/Mikareport/status/853448568446763008

Yes. A reaction to change and progressivism. Change is always scary and makes people want to cling to tradition. It's why people on pol are retarded and illogical and the same for North Koreans. Fighting against progress can't bring you back to the past it will only make you stagnate while the world advances without you.

Those are irons.

>$1.50 per can

pfft, I can get them for 60p at the corner shop

Korea is comfy as fuck

it's like a time capsule of the 80's

Truly the universal product.

>implying progressivism is an inevitable move forward
>implying all change is for the better
Just because it's new doesn't mean it's better, faggot.

That looks cool as fuck

Thats a visitant market. When the secret police knows a foregner is going to nk they abord you and force you i to their trip rout. They will try to give you a fake impression on Nk. Watch vice docs on nk.

An user asked about Jaka Parker.
youtube.com/channel/UCzvCf_q10UZkUJE0lOav0ag/videos
His wife worked at the Indonesian embassy in Pyongyang and that allowed him semi free movement.

and the orange things next to it look like flashlights

is it HFCS or cane sugar?

They have "privilege stores" there that the people the state has deemed worthy can shop there.

There's a guy on YouTube that goes around to some of them.

Also those tours of North Korea that were popular back a few years would show empty restaurants but piles of food as propaganda to show foreigners there wasn't any issues with food.

>Fighting against progress can't bring you back to the past
Right now, poor ans miserable as they are, most Norks probably have a purpose and place in their society. Mearer as it is, they have a job, a place of work, and probably a place to live which the State at least recognises as their own. Most have families, children.

That's more than the "free" anons of this board will ever have.
When the Norks lose that to capitalism, they will know why. They will have been taught why such a society is wrong. That's more than most here will ever know.

It looks like a pic from Walmart

can i use my privilege points there? i'm only 40 points away from aviator sunglasses and i'm tapped out of ways to oppress minorities and women in the states

actual north korean shop

>those spotless polished floors and mirrored pillars
>all the product on the shelves in perfect rows/stacks

This is not a real store where real north koreans shop.

I would

i need to get off pol and stop looking at bizarre crap online

Depends. How many of your family members did you dime out to the Nork secret police as traitors?

The current number is 25 to be able to go inside the stores, but you can't buy anything unless you rat out 50 traitors.

I wonder how much food is thrown away in North Korea.

Do you think she would model it?

I honestly still can't tell if that place is the hellhole our media make it out to be, or just a poor country of people that have continually been fucked over by the rest of the world
If Kim Jong Un is really the cartoon villain that he looks like or if he's just a privileged puppet figurehead trying his best to play the strongman

poor lion

Coca Gola?

She looks so lifelike too.

Becsuse everything you see is fake
This is a desparate way to show to the midia

Nice. Any more pics of the zoo?

Does Lil' Kim have a son? Is he married?

How do they perceive religion?

Any books on general NK living that isnt all western propaganda? Has Un or Sung written any books?

It's basically a market economy

>I honestly still can't tell if that place is the hellhole our media make it out to be, or just a poor country of people that have continually been fucked over by the rest of the world
I'm the same.

After all the lies, is North Korea just another one too?

source?

no those are orange magic wands not blenders

Until we have proof that the gulags are faked and until people from NK are free to travel in and out of the country ill bet on Kim being the fat manchild asshole.

I wonder this too. Who can beleive the media any more?

They have cell phones?

HOLY SHIT PEPSI BTFO AGAIN LOMAO

those are the tourist shops, no normie citizens allowed to shop there, its all for show

its because everything is for presentation. Pyongyang is a big front to make you think that it's better than the west.

Wow, all these korean girls are such qts
I want a piece of the migrants!
#freeNK

FREE THE AMINALS

Dennis Rodman says he can't talk about his experience there other than that documentary. They make any celebrity that visits tow the line.

All goes through government controlled networks.

The higher ups in the guberment. Worse than being in DPRK is being a common pleb there.

It's likely the hellhole it's made out to be, just like Cuba is

Who the fuck are you talking to?

>hellhole our media make it out to be, or just a poor country of people that have continually been fucked over by the rest of the world
Why not both?
>If Kim Jong Un is really the cartoon villain that he looks like or if he's just a privileged puppet figurehead trying his best to play the strongman
Why not both? He was probably a figurehead when he started out but eliminated the people who got him to where he is once he consolidated his power.

As far as I'm concerned he's a prick who genuinely wants US and Japan gone, so he should be blown up. I feel bad for the civilian population though.

Do they have anything besides chips?

you have to accept that evil exist at some point. Its not unusual for some people with certain personality to try to fool themselves like this.

no internet on the phones

You should watch them eat American BBQ for the first time.
youtube.com/watch?v=T0TYCEXmi90