The dark side of high IQ

Does pol realize that having a very high IQ dooms many to lives of mental illness and thus destitution. IQ seems to have a Goldilocks zone, and is subject to the law of diminishing returns.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/detM0cKxWro
youtu.be/oBSvUlkB61s
youtu.be/01wGv0ZxNEg
psychiatrictimes.com/major-depressive-disorder/association-between-major-mental-disorders-and-geniuses
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

tfw too intelligent to to enjoy it

Yea no shit, in sure none of us here value iq above all else.
Iq is just one component in a human being

It does make it hard to be optimistic and therefore hard to bother trying to do anything cause what's the point senpai.

>very high IQ

>a very high IQ dooms many to lives of mental illness and thus destitution
Only if you try to live like a low IQ.

>Does pol realize that having a very high IQ dooms many to lives of mental illness and thus destitution
You are surrounded by them right now.

>Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.

This quote helps me stay hopeful. God bless.

Hunt pedos for pennies!

youtu.be/detM0cKxWro
youtu.be/oBSvUlkB61s

ayyyyyy nailed it

tesla died in an apartment, alone talking to a pigeon he was romantically (non-sexually) attatched to

\thread

>what is schizophrenia

It causes one to be excessively neurotic.

i have a high IQ. the only thing it gets me is thrown into managerial positions at whatever job i have and impossibly high standards for myself. 'if you have XXX IQ, this should be easy for you.'

never tell your kids they're smart. always praise their hard work rather than their talent, because talent will hit a wall eventually

I can't tell. All I ever hear about is "muh high IQ". People who truly have high IQs almost never talk about it, let alone brag about it. They also tend to be heavy drug users, what most on pol would consider degenerate.

It also dooms you to making less income because you're more introspective which makes you less of an ego trip. Introspection is good for working with others, which obviously takes intelligence, low Iq people (but high emotional intel people) don't care about this but are quick enough to grasp things like money/business and quickly btfo intelligentsia. This is ultimately why you have a class of "liberal intelligentsia", people who are incredibly smart but can't grasp business and have dipshits like Bush who are able to be billionaires

No they don't tend to be heavy drug users. They are just slightly more likely to take drugs

high iq people seem to have a disposition for left brain imbalance, but most find their way.

its sort of like why women are genetically inferior, because they are more likely to find a partner and reproduce with - because high iq women's partner prospects aren't very prevalent.

most people dont have that though, so generally higher average IQ is better

You called it with the drug use. High IQ people experience a high percentage of social isolation. If you're full autist it's probably less of an issue. But if you're still empathetic and socially inclined you'll find that most people won't get you. You're to over their heads for them to understand so you're either passively avoided or aggressively ostracized. This leads to depression and illicit drugs are the easiest way to self medicate. Unrequited virtue leads to vice.

Yes. Notice how high IQ is the declining end of the distribution curve? It's a disadvantageous trait and I wouldn't wish this on anybody.

Hunter s. Thompson
Sigmund Freud
Just about all the greates artists and musicians that have ever lived
Your beloved Adolf hitler
The list goes on.

They are also far more likely to be suicidal.

I noticed high IQ people being very gullible and naive,the nutty scientist meme is real

>Does pol realize that having a very high IQ dooms many to lives of mental illness and thus destitution. IQ seems to have a Goldilocks zone, and is subject to the law of diminishing returns.

celavie niqqA

Higher IQ is correlated with greater chance of mental illness and depression. It's inevitable. if you are smart and unable to change things you don't like you are inevitably going to suffer

Very true.

sherlock holmes

>Your beloved Adolf hitler

A great orator and bullshitter, but that guy doesnt belong on any list of high intellect people.

>People who truly have high IQs almost never talk about it, let alone brag about it.

yes there is a certain snobbish element of MENSA autists culture

>They also tend to be heavy drug users, what most on pol would consider degenerate.

bs! I mean yes and no. high IQ and drugs is a huge split, either top prudes or prone to using everything

>I noticed high IQ people being very gullible and naive,the nutty scientist meme is real

true, plenty of high IQ are lefty, look up "ivory towers" phenomennon

More or less agreed. I have a friend who is great otherwise but let's say he's not that intelligent. But because of that he's totally carefree. He has no real worries, because he just doesn't realize many things, while I wake up in the middle of the night because of things I read on Sup Forums. I am quite envious of him sometimes.

Pic related

high IQ has no downsides in and of itself

it's in an environment with average IQ apes along with other subhumans who do barely fuck all to uplift the human condition

most people are mindless bread and circus peasants who in their vanity and arrogance think they are equals to their betters

this is understandably a depressing situation for someone intelligent enough to realize it to handle, made worse because they will understand a wide swath of the consequences that will arise:see welfare state

Well try living in a village of unmixed subsaharan niggers for 20 years. That would be the difference between someone like me (136) and average member of society I live in. It sure doesn't help remaining entirely sane.

>bawww im just to smart too be happy
no you're just a faggot

I have 140 IQ and wished i could trade 40 of them just to have a little bit of happiness

>going into engineering with an IQ of ~115
Is that why some of the coursework seems a bit too abstract at times?

I came full circle. What's the point in living a meaningless life? It's nihilistic and degenerative.

If everything you do is directed at pushing you toward something transcendent then everything you do is meaningful.

Read Nietzsche, Jung, Kierkegaard.

Or just start with this youtu.be/01wGv0ZxNEg

tfw iq too high to be mentally stable

I never said anything about myself. My IQ is 70.

rip my future self

> CIA plant and Pedophile
> Jew
> Folklore

try again newfag

good post

>tfw still dont get joy from illicit drugs
ISTP life is getting to me

Thanks, I needed that.

bullshit

It's like screaming reason at the top of your lungs to the deaf. you will have people you care about and people you want to care about you completely unable to grasp the wisdom you are offering. Wisdom that could save them. Wisdom, that could let them save you. And it's all completely futile because you're speaking in a language they can't understand. Your desperation and frustration only makes them angry at you leading to further loneliness and isolation. The pill/joint/needle is a tempting comfort by then...

Factoring in nonwhites...you're functionally retarded for our species. So yes, that's probably why.

>t. 133-135 range

High IQ seems to come with nihilism

Indeed, Sup Forums has been cursed.

Unlike the other retards who buy into kikes lies, we're smart enough to understand the truth. It's a terrible burden.

I think people are following me. Weird illness

How would you feel if your psychologist was a female with 112 IQ?

I can vouch for that with my 143 IQ, but it's more of a transient viewpoint

I had an IQ test given by a psychologist, and I got 129. Yet I still have terrible anxiety and depression. I thought I was in the functional high-IQ zone. Wtf pol

I still wouldn't exchange my high IQ for being mentally stable, normie people are pathetic, I love mentally ill people, 2 out of my 3 friend has some kind of mental illness too.

The reason I smoked weed in high school was because it made me more like the other kids, I wanted to fit in so I acted like an idiot all the time. It's awkward now when I see old friends because they always comment on how mature and different I am now when really I just stopped hiding my power level or whatever

There's even a special kind of depression that can't be treated conventionally because it comes from simply being intelligent and understanding reality. They call it existential depression and SSRIs and therapy don't help, because you get it by thinking.

Higher IQs are correlated with depression.

>tfw you're a sociopath with a superiority complex, but you're also extremely lazy since it took zero effort to sail through high school and college with straight A's

I know a guy that aced his SATs and ended up being the biggest weed head in the town, and never recovered. Sad story because he came from a low income household

I'd like to add to this and say that you should never dumb yourself down to fit in, if you're afraid of being ridiculed or ostracized by your friends you should find better friends.

Not really.

People with high IQ tend to get labeled as mentally troubled, but that is just mystery babylon making up excuses to lock up people who figure out their game and don't play by the rules.

A very troubled chapter in our history no doubt, but not to last much longer.

>sociopath
>looking for validation

We're not asking for "very high IQ" we just don't want 85 averages

Realize that unless you can improve something, there is no point in worrying about it.
(but of course I know what you mean)

This has turned into the gayest thread I've ever made. Never using this bait again.

Enjoy your dinner faggots.

125-135 is your "Goldilocks Zone" as far as IQ goes.
We have known for time immemorial that there's a link between madness and genius.
>source: psychiatrictimes.com/major-depressive-disorder/association-between-major-mental-disorders-and-geniuses

I myself sit at a 165IQ. I was tested at WSU by Dr. Thomas Baird while I was in the Psych. department. I received an invitation to MENSA but never filled out the paperwork.

Once you get into the actual genius range and not the gifted range you slip into mental illness. The bleak reality of a yearning thirst for knowledge twists your mental state in order to make sense of the unknowable. Many quantum physicists are known to exhibit signs of schizophrenia which would help with visualizing things which don't exist. Once you can harness your own hallucinations to work to your advantage you start to ride the line between genius and madness.

I myself have been formally diagnosed with undifferentiated schizophrenia, clinical depression, DID, bi-polar, generalized anxiety disorder and OCD. Over the years I've learned to live with it and at some points it has been helpful. Physics is one of my many hobbies that I dabble with casually. Even though quantum mechanics are hard to equate if you have the right mindset you can understand the concepts in a pseudo visual nature.

Nonetheless there is a fine line between genius and madness separated by 5 points. There is such a thing as knowing too much and geniuses are at the mercy of that knowledge.

the white average is still around 100

It would be an advantageous trait, if emotional arguments weren't shilled so hard these days. Being smarter is better, but because those that use logic are often labeled as cold and rude even if they are compassionate, it's become a slight social disadvantage. Does depend on how you use it though.

You might have me there user, maybe I can dial that back from "sociopath" to "extremely manipulative and self-serving"

/thread
our best scientist of the past 150 years
never got a gf
died alone and miserable
his inventions stolen and stifled by the jew

your own fault, faggot

>social skills
>genius IQ
Pick one and only one. Many geniuses are anti-social and earnestly despise humanity as a whole due to the knowledge they have of it.

High IQ people begin to see flaws in patterns and odd events that happen are either wildly out of place or strangely connected.

It happens a once or twice, then it starts happening more and then you start to notice lots of things being off. More and more and then you start looking for a source and the source leads to another source and problem and so forth and you keep going because it's like this huge crime scene

and on the one hand it leads to the morally corrupt, not just regular people who do bad things but very very bad people with a lot of power that do bad things all the time on a huge scale

and it also leads to jews and then you notice a lot of parallels between muslims and jews and satanists in ideology

and then you find little clues that link them all together

and you figure out that jews and muslims all worship an obfuscated form of satan

and that satanists and the evil actually believe "ye will be as gods" lie and they believe they will be rewarded for siding with satan

and it fills you with a sense of dread and loss and you look for allies and you find that most people are just interested in basic shit and or sex and not interested in being a team or a family or a wife or anything like that

they just want to do what they enjoy, little pleasures

and soon you figure out that the only friends you have are the anonymous shapeless faces of Sup Forums who you will never meet but you can sometimes feel kindship with

except for the antifa infiltrators, shareblues, libcucks, JIDF, MIDF and Atheists (sorry atheists you are blue pilled as shit)

I like to larp about degeneracy even tho I am a drug addict race mixing sperg with a reasonably high IQ. Always was top of my classes but never had a desire to do anything with it so I ended up here

Out of curiosity, where is it at with quantum physics at the moment? Last interesting thing I heard was the about self correcting code at at the quantum level. Did that go anywhere, any further?

>tfw no high IQ misanthropic fascist gf

And the average "white" is a mix of: liberal, "hitler did something wrong", and leafs.

Not the benchmark I'd compare myself to.

are you some kind of expert on intelligence?

You can be smart and not have any impairments. Selective breeding can create people that are far smarter and talented than anyone alive today.

You can have both, but those people tend to be manipulative with their skills, either for selfish reasons or, occasionally perhaps to benefit humanity.

this.
and I hate that fucking normie Elon Musk for stealing his name

134 and doesn't feel in the zone, supposedly any career path is an option but most things still involve a decent amount work in my experience, wishing I were higher for an easier time. I've known higher IQ, I can hold a lot of variables in my head for programming, but I've envied the speed a higher IQ fellow I've seen has as well, sweet skills. Not a little faster either, but smoking fast. Where I'm at I think is meh tier, above is a real strata, I feel sorry for people with less.

I too use to be a drug addict. Ruining coke whore threesomes with my coke dick. I love anonymity otherwise I would have taken this shit to the grave.

>This leads to depression and illicit drugs are the easiest way to self medicate.
How exactly do "socially isolated" people get access to illegal drugs?

Oh right, they don't, they're the exact same normie degenerates as everyone else.

>where is it at with quantum physics at the moment?
Subatomic Particle research. Most especially composite particles. Elementary particles have pretty much been cornered. Many scientists are looking into what elementary subatomic particles are made of. The whole down the rabbit hole deal.
>Did that go anywhere , any further?
Many research groups are still tinkering with using quantum physics for practical applications. This is actually a newly developing field in the physical sciences. We need people to figure out how to apply what we've learned in a meaningful way.

In all honesty subatomic particle research is looking more like a dead end at this point. A lot of people are putting stock in it due to the implications of fusion technology. We want to bridge the gap of energy in energy out by breaking the rules of conventional physics. Quarks and bosons don't make meaningful sense in the overall picture but once you think about it from an energy creation standpoint it becomes one of the most interesting fields of study.

All in all where it's at in the quantum world is fundamental application, figuring out what elemental particles are made of and breaking the energy code.

bill gates: thief, liar, ruthless businessman
steve jobs: thief, liar, ruthless businessman
elon musk: liar, thief, not good at business
thomas edison: liar, thief, ruthless businessman
rockefeller: ruthless businessman, possibly murderer, globalist conspirator

I could agree but this means that all the most intelligent people in every society are alone, because they are by definition 'above average' so obviously they are surrounded by what you call 'circus peasants'

Very true.
This has been explored throughout the ages, from Plato to others that realised we're not all equal, specially in Aristotles teacher-student writings.

What stuck with me most is what Terence McKenna once said. Find the others

You link up with your local dealer, or go to the bar. Or ask the girl you're fucking to pick some up for you. You must really live in the boonies. A real cabin in the woods.

Op confirmed for being a dumb dindu who likes to down play smart people to make himself feel better

Kys

>socially isolated
>linking up with a local dealer
>going to the bar
>fucking anyone
>socially isolated

Guess that's some kind of newspeak I didn't get the memo about.

Your taking social isolation to the extreme. It just means you don't have any friends.

Depends on what illness you get stuck with. You can get a double edged sword deal by getting schizophrenia and social anxiety. Meaning you have all the desire to control and manipulate everyone around you but you don't have the social skills to make it happen.
>I am one of these people suffering in silence performing weird experiments in my basement.

The people who have both are rare indeed and usually end up really famous.
>high IQ
>programmer
Yep wouldn't expect anything less.
>I can hold a lot of variables in my head
This is another bane of genius level IQ. That same guy that is lightning fast is also thinking a million things while working. Imagine if your brain could never calm down no matter how hard you try. That no matter how much weed you smoke or how drunk you get you can't get it to slow down. You're sitting there in the dark trying to sleep and suddenly you're thinking 10000 thoughts about how to make socks more efficient or how particles are created (or molecules to man). It's very daunting and you should be happy where you're at.

Genius is a curse that isolates you from society, stigmatizes you to either do something meaningful or get out and legitimately drives you insane.
Even while I'm typing this I'm having problems concentrating because I'm watching a lecture on revising the electromagnetic formulas on one screen, a presentation on the fundamentals of composite particles on another screen and watching King of the Hill on another screen. I can't even post on Sup Forums without 3 other screens to scratch the itch of my brain needing something to think about.

Be happy with your high IQ and do awesome things.

tfw INTJ with 137 IQ according to online tests

just got genius "words" and retarded "speed" they figure its adhd(i)/sct.

Life has been pretty shit. I'm both hopeful and fearful of the meds. Adderal and modafinil and stratterra are the hopefuls.

I've had adderal before and I got a lot of menial shit done that had been clogging up my life.

I'm toying with the idea of personal assistants/house cleaners after I get more stable to get off the meds and deal with the mess I leave in my wake

man coke dick broke me. I had one bit of identity to cling to and that was I could make any woman blow her mind fucking her guts out.
Take coke, first time with a woman after a rough 2 years. And blam. soft as icecream. woman wouldn't even look at me after that. Led me to figure out this adhd thing after 40 years though so there is a plus.

Its getting better though. Have a nice girl now. She's got enough degeneracy in her to be my oneitis. If I can redpill her might keep her.

Coke is one of the sickest jokes of nature. Be superman. Get everything you need done before breakfast. can't fuck

Are you me?

I dunno.
Are you sure that you're you?

Congrats on the aderall script I was trying to get some, but I stop going to my psych. If I tell them I'm having trouble being productive, do you think they'll give it to me?

That's the problem. I think you can improve almost anything if you try enough.
I'd like to achieve a piece of mind sometimes. Maybe in the grave. No struggle, no achievements.

I chose NEET, I just shitpost and watch the world burn now.
Feels good man, anything I create is only going to be used to destroy my own people anyway.

Pretty easy getting disability with high IQ, bound to have some mental health issues.

>How exactly do "socially isolated" people get access to illegal drugs?
>Oh right, they don't, they're the exact same normie degenerates as everyone else.
You can have a huge social circle that is worth absolute shit and you have no meaningful connections to. As for the drugs, you can be the most stationary NEET in current year, and still score drugs with ease. They are everywhere and cheap as fuck (except for good cocaine of course)

I have a few genius level friends.
Smarts never come up, it's just there.

that is such a weak, lazy argument.

hurr durr why do anything none of it will matter :^)

easy no effort justification to do nothing and shirk all responsibility for your actions