Fuck Taxes

>owe 4k to the feds
>600 to the state

Oh well, at least I was able to pay for 1 percent of a cruise missile, Jimmy Slime-kin's autism bux, or Jamal's food stamps.

Kek did you dodge taxes or something?

How much do you make OP?

>Oy Vey!!! We now know more about your taxes than Trump's taxes!!!

Nope.
Just 26k, but I'm a contractor.

>1/6th of your income going to the government
Damn, that's rough user.

Fuck that sucks user. Contracting is just the latest Jewish scam

Nah you paid for a lot of Medicare and social security

#defundBoomers

Pay debts nig

Yeah, and that's after the deductions for 10k miles driven and food on "business trips"

Oh don't worry, I can start a "payment plan", should I not have all that cash on hand. I'll end up paying 5k over the course of the plan, but at least I won't go to debtor's prison or court.

don't wanna pay? go move to Nigeria

also that's BS, I live in florida and make 36k and only had to pay 2,800, and 0 state tax (none for florida)

>tfw self employed
>dat social security tax

Wew. I'd dodge em but client filed a W4 and snitched on how much I got paid.

So howcome in America you have to pay your taxes manually?

In UK it is automatically deducted from our wages.

Is it just part of the FREEDOM?

This is Michigan.
Governor Snyder masquerades as a small government conservative, but really that just means he's gutted our shitty education systems and kept the taxes high for lower-middle class trash like me.

I have a friend who made about 100k with similar expenses, and paid less state than I did. It's completely fucked.

Anyway, what did you write off to get such low federal tax?

Are you retarded? Being self-employed is redpilled, being a wagecuck is bluepilled. Getting taxed sucks, but being a wagecuck is not any better. You geniuses literally think that a large return is the government giving you free money. News flash: it means your employer over-taxed you all year long.

jesus dude keep better track of your fucking expenses.

first time being hired as a contractor where im responsible for all the tax stuff

plan to save 25% of every check

what kind of shit can i write off?

Oh I take it you've never used a road before?

OP is self-employed.

Wage-cucks in the US also have taxes withheld.

So you paid 0 taxes throughout the year?

10k miles of driving.
The actual was probably closer to 15 or 16k, but I didn't keep a good log of the miles when I started, so that's pretty much on me.

If I claimed the actual miles, I'd be completely fucked if I was audited.

>Earn 40k a year
>The goverment just take 22% of it

How is this allowed?

Yup, I"m constantly catching up from the year before because I was a fucking idiot my second year of contracting, and didn't understand the concept of tax brackets.

Basically, I thought "Oh, will if I make 25k that's simply double what I paid when I made 12k", and then I dug myself a hole I paid all year to get out of.

My bad, and I own it completely.

I'll be done paying the 4k off by December this year, just in time to make some advance payments before next April.

>pay off your house
>still have to pay property tax
>if you cant pay your property tax you lose your house that you own

I WARNED YOU ABOUT TAXES BRO