How do I stop playing video games?

How do I stop playing video games?
It's so fucking awesome, but I know I'm basically wasting my life away and, considering that I am almost 26, I should soon impregnate my gf, but I'm afraid to become a man and a father.

bumpp

Not sure if bait or not, but you have to begin somewhere. Uninstall the games and when you feel the urge to play go workout at the gym instead or something.

Are you... me?

Times change

It's not a fucking bait man. I enjoy games, but I feel that I should somehow move on with life.

Games are basically the only thing in life that I enjoy, besides hanging out with my girl.

Well, Video games themselves aren't that bad really if you can manage to just play them in moderation. it's a good hobby.

Just not WoW
stop playing wow.

Move and get a shitty internet-provider with slow internet-speed, helped me getting away from being a game-addictive.
Or otherwise: Get a time-consuming job or/and delete your account

Why? WoW has become a casual-friendly game. It's nothing like it what used to be back in 2008.

Yeah, I bet it gives you dopamine when you play so you need to replace it with something else. That's why I suggested if you start lifting or exercise sport if you aren't already. Otherwise you need to find something I think to fill the fun from the games you get.

You don't need to stop playing video games altogether, just don't let your hobby consume your life.

Everybody has a hobby of some sort.

i could be wrong then, but it was a HUGE time sucker when i played it (back during wrath) and i had a similar feeling that OP is having. I still play games, but there was something soul sucking about that one. it just took too much time to stay on par with everyone.

If you can play it casually thats fine, but WoW is a whole other monster compared to a lot of games.

This is really more /adv/ than Sup Forums so I'll sage but since I've been in your exact position, I know exactly what to tell you

Get off Sup Forums, /vg/, or any vidya related sites. Quit cold turkey and don't even lurk. Introduce another hobby, be it running, reading, teaching yourself a language, but all these are baby steps. The first is crucial. It turns all vidya into what it should be for you -a hobby that you occasionally enjoy rather than a driving force in your life's free time. Migrate to another board if you have to, pick a board that has another hobby you're interested in. /out/ is breddy gud.

Aother pleasant side effect of leaving that shit is that you'll actually be able to enjoy vidya again when you do play.

"A manchild is one of the most horrifying things you could see. A manchild is the living, breathing corpse of a child who died long ago."
-JBP

>23 years old
>graduated college last term
>got a good job
>dumped my girlfriend
>started playing video games again for the first time in years
>best time of my life

I will never have a girlfriend again. I'm gonna keep making good money, pursuing my hobbies, going camping, hanging out with friends, and playing video games until the day I die.

perfectly viable existence

something something good goy

I kek'd
Yeah, but I'm not some sort of no-life. I just feel kinda bad because my friends have "adult" hobbies like cars and shit, and I play games as I did 10 years ago. I thought Sup Forums would make grow up eventually, but I guess I was looking for something that wasnt here kek

I was in your position. One day you'll come here and ask the same question that I did, because your love for games will slowly burn out.

If you enjoy it, there's no reason to quit. But at the end of the Day video games are a skill that will get you nothing.

Whereas if you work-out, woodwork or something you can create something that people can appreciate. and as humans, we really just want to be appreciated, even if we don't admit it.

>"adult" hobbies
Like what? Smoking cigars and building miniature ships inside a bottle? As long as you "have a life" and other stuff to do like lifting, you should not give a fuck about your friends' "adult" hobbies. Gaming is fine.

>you feel bad about your hobby because of your friends hobbies and whether or not you're seen as an adult to them
That's actually why you 'can't quit,' you know
You have no real desire to improve
You just want your life to feel as valid to you as the ones you're comparing it to
You gotta dig deeper user

You are part of a superfluous population in a perishing age. If your life is in order and you want to play games then that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

>vidya addict
>has gf
The fuck?

... damn

nigger are you retarded? literally just stop playing video games

I play so much fallout 4 it's ridiculous. I used to just casually play some games but I got so hooked on fallout it's almost all I do outside of work

Yup. Met her back in high school, we've been together for 7 years now. She is 7/10. Besides her and my job, I have almost no friends and life.

Read books instead. Even fiction books are great.

Any game other than:

Dark soul
Bloodborne
Morrowind
Torment
Vampire the masquerade

Is degenerate

(Feel free to add to the list guys)

>Not being able to balance children's games,love life and work
Weak.

The problem isn't the video games, the problem is how much you play them and how you're afraid to become a man and a father.

You can be a man, have a wife, and still play video games.

If your woman insists you give up video games for her she's likely going to be a cunt otherwise (ultimatums are one of the biggest red flags in a relationship). Our fathers would watch TV to unwind after a long stressful day at work, it's just a generational change. As long as you're not neglecting your responsibilities as a husband/father/worker then your good.

Plus nowadays you can often find girls who would be willing to play a game with you depending on the taste. I personally play Diablo 3 with my wife and we would play Soul Calibur/WoW together back in the day.

Dominions 4 is the least degenerate game ever made.

So how long can a father play in an average week/weekend?

Isn't that game incredibly detailed with a gigantic learning curve?

Realistically? I'd say about an hour a night or so would be fine. Could be more or less depending on how much you sleep/how late you work/how much trouble your child is.

Honestly, you can keep most younger children pacified by giving them an unusable controller.

> letting your kid grow up in a shithole called eastern europe

Yes but also very competitive/MP friendly

So in other words, not degenerate.

>7/10 in Poland
Not sure what this means.

>being scared of leaving your home on christmas because Ahmed could decide to drag you along the street with his freshly aquired 18 wheels of steel
kekd

Have you ever renounced anything else in your life?

Just do that, except with video games.

Get yourself a demanding job, live alone to force you to do chores , have another hobbies and dispose of your game collection.
Otherwise the temptation will always be there

Nah i live in the eastern part of the netherlands, it's as white as pooland here. Nearest refugee centre is 80 km from me. I saw mudslime 2 weeks ago

>generic lie about wanting to be more traditional
>losers circle jerking
>repeat

this place has gone to shit

here's a photo of her when she was 18, so you can rate it yourself

It isn't that the love for games burned out it's the games suck. We are a dumber population. People actually enjoy the Uncharted series, a game that is simply an interactive movie. One way or another, games will end for you. You may get arthritis and thats the end of that. Best you stop now and get other hobbies.

I saw mudslime in 2014. Beat that

Aww, cute.

That facial structure necessitates a soft 8.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

>He wants to stop playing video games

He fell for the "man up lol" Jew

>just logged in to eve online

find something you think the person you want to be would do and do it instead of video games

Dw if u r afraid to become a man u never will be

Where did you find this gentle creature?

polish high school back in 2009

Adults play games all the time. Golf is a really popular game/hobby with highly successful adults, for example.

In that case should I just become a woman, Satan?

>drop out of uni because to addicted to heroes of newerth
>self teach programming
>become freelance programmer
>succeed in the sense that i now make quite a bit of $/h
>still make only around 20k because i barely work at all
>still play 6-9 hours of vidya almost every day
>be 28
>how do i make it stop

i basically created a life for myself where i could get away with working incredibly little and mantaining the neet gamer lifestyle that cost me my uni education.

Bullshit divide and conquer

If you really wanted to stop doing it, then you would. The problem is you like it and only the pressure of the outside world is asking you to do more. The outside world doesn't have to wake up as you do, nor have to carry the burden of society as you may. I will crush you and eat your face.

Once you stop, you won't come back

screw society then

One day, don't remember what age and what game, i noticed i can't enjoy playing, i literally feeled like, here i sit before monitor, move mouse, this is bullshit.

Since then, sometimes, with like 2-3 month interval, i want to play some of the old games i liked. So i play them for like 2-3 days, and the same feeling of waste of time comes back.

So i would say, if playing games not fuck up your life, the moment, when you dont want to play them, will come naturally. Else, you must use playing games as a reward for doing things you have to do or do some sports instead (or go to gym). But the new things you do, need to have some indicators of progress (like gaining mass in the gym or something), so you can get the same enjoyment of growth, achievment, that you get from games. And again, with time, you will loose interest in games.

Find out what you find great about video games. Find the real life equivalent. Do that instead.

For example, you posted a picture of some kind of weird knight thingy. Maybe you are into medieval stuff. Try doing SCA.

Or maybe you like FPS shooters. Try buying a gun, going to the range, and playing airsoft/paintball.

Yeah, these things can seem kind of dorky, but they teach you real life skills and come across as way cooler. What will your GF appreciate more, that you play a medieval knight on your tv 4 hours a night, or that you're a freaking blacksmith who is athletic and can defend her with a gun thanks to the exercise and skills that your useful hobbies have given you?

Video games are like fucking drugs man

Internet and video game addiction is real

When I tried to kick my habit, I forced myself to only play 1 hour a day on weekdays and 2 on Saturday or Sunday. Setting time limits for myself helped me

Get a job, work out, get a hobby, cook your own food, clean your house. I only 4 chan on the weekends or during commutes because it's when I have the time.

>fallout 4
You have to be 18 years or older to post here

Diablo 3 was meant for adults

you can't play videogames forever. you'll get bored eventually.

take up designing them. learn unity and c#. it is not impossible and allows for creation

If you really cant just stop and walk away instantly you need to accept that fact that you are an addict. Think of all the things in your life you could just stop doing immediately if you wanted to.

So step 1 is to admit that youre addicted or else it would be as easy to stop playing video games as it would be to stop (whatever stupid thing you want to inset here).

Step 2 is to find out why youre addicted. What is it youre getting out of video games that you just cant give up? The sense of accomplishment? You friendships with people you play with? Whatever it is will depend on you.

Step 3 is to just replace that feeling with something that has better real life rewards for doing. Go for a promotion at work so you feel more accomplished, make friends with people in the real life which will last longer than the current game youre playing. Whatever the real answer is going to depend on why you play games.

I was in the same spot you were a few years ago, started putting more effort into work. Started socializing with people at work more. But that was my issues, real life boredom and social circles being completely online. Your issues might be different.

Went from playing video games 8-10 hours a day to 1-2 hours a week. Dont miss them at this point. Real life feels better as the rewards are tangible.