Why don't we just require the Mexican illegals to serve 2-4 years in the military (all the while attending English...

Why don't we just require the Mexican illegals to serve 2-4 years in the military (all the while attending English language + American culture classes) in order to get their citizenship?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foederati
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foederati,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why not commit collective suicide?

why would you want an army of foreigners?
late romans did that with the germans, look how that turned out en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foederati

Need to clarify before people get all up in arms; I mean only in menial jobs. Such as cooks, supply, landscaping, etc.

Obviously they wouldn't be counted on to do anything important.

Why would you give a foreigner with no connection whatsoever to your nation weapons and expect them to defend people they've never met?

Mandatory service should be a thing

Because that would provide no benefit to either the individual or the state.

It wouldn't be an "army of foreigners". It would be a military supported (in part) by foreigners.

This.

Never let foreigners serve in the military and promise those foreigners benefits or land in your country or something. You just need to repeatedly assume control of more assets and take in more foreigners and it snowballs into one massive disaster.

The French have a Foreign Legion, why can't the Americans

Because we don't want more Mexicans to become citizens, especially militarized Mexicans.

They wouldn't have access to weapons. Also, a meager wage and the promise of citizenship will probably motivate the majority of them to fall in line.

Seems like a win-win for both sides to me.

Not necessary in the US because we have enough volunteers.

Because then they wouldn't come to the US, work jobs for low pay, drive down wages and allow the rich upper class to stay wealthy by destroying the middle class.

Any conversation that discusses solutions for illegal immigrants that doesn't talk about punishing corporations into not hiring them is time wasting garbage tier propaganda and lies.

If you read en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foederati, there was no army of foreigners. Just tribes of foreigners supporting the main military.

At first benefits for assistance were general gibsmedats like what we have today, food or money. Tax revenues dwindled and that turned to land that was taken from local landowners (see: refugees in Europe and Kikenada), and then those foreigners got irritated bc no more gibs and they hated the Romans and then sacked Rome.

SERVICE GUARANTEES CITIZENSHIP!

Why is that titled "fat mexicans," dude? They look like normal Mexican women to me

Pic related is a fat Mexican woman

There is already a system in place for this. The problen is that it does not work out too well. Look at all the foreign translators we invade that get fucked.

I will read this but it happened a long time ago so I'm not totally convinced it's relative.

>There is already a system in place for this.

What is it called? I'm not familiar with it.

INA and USCIS have special provisions for green card users to allowed to be granted access to serve. In return you get citizenship faster, usually for your family as well. The problem is that the US doesnt keep its share of the bargain and it ends up taking about at long.

Because how Is that selection process gonna happen.

Imagine saying all illegals just come to this military base and you'll be a soldier it's all good don't worry! Nobody would show up first of all

I'm not super familiar with that but from I understand they require to already know English and understand US culture.

I'm suggesting a path that would teach these people those things while they serve.

Well there would obviously be a selection process and I'm certainly not saying we shouldn't secure our border.

Just think it would be good for both sides if there was a program like this available.

I agree but under different circumstances.

>Needs to already speak fluent English
>Needs to be high school graduate
>Needs to have been in the country at least 10 years

In my eyes, they're virtually American at this point. Send them to the military for 4 years, and call it a day.