Detrimental effects of cannabis use

Anyone up for a discussion on the proven effects of cannabis use on your body and mind?
I have an auto-immune disease that made me very sick, cannabis has allowed me to cut narcotic pain relief

"Cannabis makes you lazy" isn't a valid point. You're just more likely to use cannabis and while you're sitting around at home being lazy or with friends socializing.

Have you seen the effects of cannabis use on 12-18 year olds (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21328041 Verbal learning and memory in adolescent cannabis users, alcohol users and non-users.). I have had personal experiences with this, I didn't try it before I was 18, but watching up friends and acquaintances use it regularly I could see that they fell behind in school.Their IQ was stunted to a point it was very noticeable.

According to the DSM-5, this pattern of abuse and dependence is known as cannabis use disorder.

Experiencing two or more of the following symptoms within a 12-month period may suggest cannabis use disorder:

You use larger amounts over a longer period.
You want to cut back but you just can’t stop using.
You spend too much time trying to get marijuana.
You have strong cravings and desire to use.
You can no longer meet obligations at work, school or home.
Using affects your relationships.
You continue to use even in hazardous situations.
You continue using even when it presents physical or psychological problems.
You develop a tolerance. (a) You need more to achieve the same high and (b) you experience a diminished effect when using the same amount.
You experience withdrawal symptoms or you take it to relieve/avoid withdrawal symptoms.

Have you had personal experience with addiction? The manhours spent locking people up or charging them with felonies for possession for cannabis could be better spent on narcotics.

I have an auto-immune disease that made me very sick, cannabis has allowed me to cut narcotic pain relief.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=AysuFPXuhsY
m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=-hUoyXKf81c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have all of those and it's true
kids that meme about it not being addictive are retards
no it isn't like a physical addiction, your body itself wont crave it. What you do develop is a mental addiction, once it becomes your modus operandi it becomes hard to exit the life.

I didn't start early enough but even using it regularly it feels like you have an IQ debuff
I dont have motivation to do much outside the bare minimum for anything, I get by but am I really living?

Cutting a down to 1/5th of my original dose. Im very thankful for cannabis but if I go a day without it I notice physical and psychological symptoms of withdrawal. I also get sicker with my auto-immune and have to take more time off. Im also having anxiety attacks whenever I smoke it as I usually vape and the quality has increased substantially over the last month so I've been caught out more.

What age did you start using cannabis?

I find that cannabis hid my depression, anxiety and PTSD. So it's hard to tell the difference between withdrawals and hiding physiological illnesses.

[8]

I know people who smoke weed who have a lot of professional confidence and ambition, are hard workers, make responsible decisions and take shrewd business risks with high payoff. Same with people who drink alcohol all day every day. These people can indulge and still function well. I don't personally take that risk with chemicals. Sup Forums is enough of an ambition killer.

roll me

Checked, worm.

Addicted to Red-pills. I would love to be sober, cherish it.

23 and have been using it regularly and occasionally on/off for 6 years

roll

I own a semi small business, and hire locally. Over about 10 years now, I've hired some guys who turned out to be weed heads. Each one of them turned out to be kind of subpar. SLow on the uptake, unmotivated.

This state is legal now, for what that's worth, but at interviews I try and screen as much as possible for smokers these days. For legal reasons I cant tell them I didnt hire them because of weed but, sometimes I think they know. always try and draw it out of them, because they think its ok because it's legal lol

I had an issue where I couldn't eat without vomiting unless I had smoked so stopped cold turkey. At worst, I had reduced appetite for a few weeks and trouble sleeping. It's not physically addictive. If you aren't weak it won't be a problem

rolling

Thats a good age, did you have any friends that used it earlier than that? How did they turn out?

Would you hire someone that used it but were motivated?

I smoke weed and ut hasnt done me any favours but I was a lazy dipshit before I started smoking, and Im an even bigger lazy asshole now. Its just like drinking and cigs, a waste of money thats bad for your health.

Hiding other mental illnesses seems to be a good way to describe it. I haven't smoked in a long time, and the only thing that really gets me is if I'm home alone for an extended period of time, it's really easy for me to just suddenly feel depression hit me. When I smoked, I'd just smoke at home after work when I didn't have any social things to do and feel fine watching a movie or playing games or reading or whatever, but now I have to find something to occupy my time or I get depressed really quick.

It's useful inasmuch as it motivates me to do more productive things after work, but sometimes I'm tired and I would like to be able to enjoy doing nothing.

I was a cannabis addict for three or four years untill the start of 2017, by addict, I mean I would smoke everyday, not every but pretty much, and often I would smoke all day.

Being off of it now, for 4 months, I notice I'm less nervous, more sociable and short term memory has improved. However, while I was smoking a lot, I was still very functionable, things were just harder, mainly motavation wise.

I beleive it is not a bad drug, but if you abuse it like I was, it can stop you from acheiving your full potential. Alcohol is worse if that turns into an addiction though. If you have good self control, there is no reason not to smoke marijuana recreationally but stoners are truely scum.

I started smoking when I was 14 or 15 years old, I definitely think it was a mistake starting so young and smoking so frequently. Looking back it could be argued to be a gateway drug - the people you associate with when smoking tend to be more willing to buy and use new drugs so it puts you in more situations where new drugs are available, for me that was psychedelics. I fully regret abusing psychedelics like I did as a young kid.

I'm 22 now and still smoke although I'm working on quitting now, going through life high hasn't been enjoyable and I think it's messed with my brain chemistry.

Wish me luck on my journey to quit

Weed is in breastmilk pretty much. If you are deficient in it and baby gets formula. He dies

I smoke pretty regularly (3-5 times a week, only in the evenings) but in pretty small amounts at a time (1-1.5g total). I'm an avid gardener and certified master gardener in a legal state, so I grown my own along with everything else I do outside. I notice that if I smoke more than my usual, I'm in a haze for a while the next day. Much better than a hangover, but I still wouldn't want to feel that slow all the time.

I smoked when I was younger, but very rarely. I didn't start smoking regularly until I was 25. If anything, I've gotten mentally sharper overall.

I smoke for enjoyment and relaxation, occasionally to deal with muscle pain from exercise (I'm an endurance/distance cyclist for fun and health).

Pic related

It mellows me out (have a lot of generalized anxiety) which is nice, but it makes me anti social. Ever since finding a nice gf my desire to use has been almost non-existent. I want to be happy for her.

>No reason not to smoke

It hinders some employment opportunities.

i think the question you should be asking is:

would i hire a smoker OVER someone that didn't smoke (or was good enough at hiding it and never told anyone.)

it's like hiring someone that enjoys alcohol too much. asking for trouble.

Detrimental to your business' bottom line

Little women

I mean recreationally like on weekends, I guess if you get tested at your job this doesnt work but drug testing jobs are mostly for pawns anyway.

Rollerino

You can tell if someone is a stoner, this means they will suck.
but if you cant notice that they smoke all the time even if they do, they are probably gonna do fine.

I have that issue but that could be attributed to my auto immune disease. Were you able to eat normally after you quit?

Have you ever quit cold turkey? How long did you last before you smoked?

What mental illnesses have you struggled with? Were you able to cope when you didn't smoke weed?

How many grams were you consuming a week? What amount would you constitute a level of self control

What psychedelics did you consume when young? I only did them twice before I was 21. My prayers are with you, all the best.

You are what I hope to be in ten years, I envy you greatly :) Having cannabis after a long bike or martial arts is fantastic. CBD is a life saver.

Thats a rough one. It'll be a long time till the stigma is gone that it'll be normal to not test for it

I completely agree with you on all points.

what I mean is, why would you EVER let anyone know?

The job market is (ideally) a contest to be the best. I want to hire the best (cost performance wise)

So I have two guys lined up for a position, same qualifications, same interview, everything. But one smokes weed on the weekends. (however I find that out, being they say so themselves, they admit to it after I ask, or they smell, pot stickers on the car)

I'm not going to hire them.

yes thats generally it

>Can't not hire someone because they smoke weed

the japs got cucked on the weed meme

I agree. A lot of the multinational corporations around here hair test as a condition for initial employment, which is a consideration because I want to eventually work outside of the USA. It seems like a really weird hoop to make people jump through, but it seems almost entirely a way to discourage some people from even applying because they receive too many applications.

The companies that don't stress drug testing policies generally seem to have better work cultures and environments.

What about fields where the best candidates smoke weed? The federal government can't keep up with private software development because federal employment is contingent upon drug screening. It's super hard to find a good programmer that doesn't smoke weed.

I agree.

Do you think the Japanese are overly biased towards cannabis?

I would smoke about 7-12 grams a week, I'm someone with bad self control, I would never just get a little high, I would just keep smoking untill i reached that point of not being able to get any higher. Same goes for me with alcohol, I normall drink a lot if im drinking although I don't that often.
I would say good self control is if you can get a little high and not enough to be hazy the next day, also not doing it more than once or twice a fortnight.
Not sure how it goes for people who use it medically, if it really helps in someway then hiting a little bit every day would probably be fine, but like 1-2 grams a week sort of thing.

I've heard about this, writing code is so much easier high + caffeine. Artistic talents also increase.

Im currently using 1.5-2 grams a week. Its definitely the way to go, anything more than that is not medicinal use at all.

"Hemp is a very valuable plant, serving a number of mankind’s needs.

MS is an auto-immune disease, where the body attacks and destroys its own cells. It is caused by a hyper-vigilant immune system, a reaction to stress. Relaxed by cannabis, and with a short term memory unable to even recall what the worries were, the MS patient finds their immune system reverting to normal. It is not just relaxation from muscle spasms, it is in fact moving in the direction of a cure. This is the case for disease after disease, where the body has created the problem.

Like many of the plants that mankind has found particular useful as medicine, Cannabis was seeded here on Earth. Planted, for mankind’s benefit."

- ZetaTalk.com

Started with mushrooms at 15 then 'acid' or whatever research chemicals were sold to me as a stupid youngin. Tried DMT for the first time when I was a junior in highschool (16 or 17ish). All in all I've probably tripped 75+ times.

Really regret not waiting till I was around this age to trip for the first time.

I was one of the secret stoners in my phase, I never let on that I was a smoker, even though they may have suspected it after a while, but I never smoked before work and presented myself well.
I was a tutor for people wanting to take the PTE and IELTS english tests.

you really want to not jump through hoops? start your own business.

I'd take it on a case by case basis, I suppose. Not really in that field so I can't say. Thing is, this is interviewing we are talking about. First impressions. Every guy coming through the door probably says they are great programmers. It means nothing. You get yourself in the door by not being a dumbass, and then sort of read the air, and make a decision whether or not you are going to smoke weed.

But if work performance drops, and I know you have been smoking, I'm probably going to correlate the two, and have a talk.

The Japanese system is great. 0 tolerance, any amount, possession or selling.

The amsterdam system is great too I think. It's all ok, let's educate instead of criminalize.

It's the US system that is fucked. Certain amounts, for certain states, but different amounts for carrying in public, varying plant numbers, bans on certain forms of the drug, different rules for selling between states and even cities. It's a mess designed to throw people in for-profit prisons.

Either 100% NO, or 100% Yes. I really don't care which.

fake and gay pic

Hows your brain? Ive done shrooms and cid before but not often at all
I feel while doing it and the day after, some damage has been done, wondering if you think doing it at a young age had any affects on brain development?

Yeah but you can become mentally addicted to literally anything that gives you pleasure. You should quit smoking.

I code for a living, I don't think it makes me better at really hard problems but it's good for staying interested in easy bullshit and I usually get some good design ideas.

I'm cutting back though because I'm getting older and I think I don't sleep well on it. I feel good the next day but I build up a sleep deficit over several days. Some studies show it cuts REM sleep quite a bit.

Better option for pain management than opiates though. You can't accidentally OD and kill yourself. Legal states have seen prescription drug overdose deaths drop ~25%.

Personally I can't imagine programming high, but it used to be really useful as a means of decompressing/focusing on boring tasks. For reading dense material I'd usually smoke and read through once, marking down the parts that appeared important, then going over the reading again sober. I usually had worthwhile notes from the first reading that I could develop into useful insight for my research.

Anyone notice you stop dreaming while smoking heavily?
I've stopped for 4 months after a long period and I am dream almost everytime I sleep, like 75% nightmares but I think thats irrelevent.

>Have you had personal experience with addiction?

Daily vaper for 6 years here, when I stop using I have imsomnia for 4-8 days with some night sweating couple days into withdrawal and cold sensitivity during day.

See at a young age when I was taking them I really bought into the 'psychedelic enlightenment' I thought they were helping me expand my horizons... in reality I was just tripping balls in the woods for 8 hours every other weekend. I do still think they're good in moderation (once a year maybe) to get a new perspective; but abusing them isn't cool or rewarding.

Its hard to comment on how they've changed my brain chemistry because I don't know what I would be like without doing them.

I don't have diagnosed mental disorders but I do get depressed and anxious, less so when I stop smoking weed and stick to a rigorous workout regimen. I probably would have done better in school if I never touched drugs but school was never difficult.

weed causes me great anxiety and a sense of impending doom. I never care so much or over think anything when Im sober, but when I get high it's like all my fears come at me HARD. it's a love hate relationship. other than becoming my own worst enemy, weed is pretty great.

How old are you?
How long/much have you smoked?

This.

As a daily smoker I hate almost everything and anything about "weed" culture.

I even worked for a doctor for many years and no one batted an eye (I'm in Finance now).

Weed is great and in moderation is no worse than alcohol, but over stoners are cancer.

it literally becoming a tool and coping mechanism. "I feel bad things, how do i fix them"

A. Self reflection
B. Intoxication

The problem is when people seek the B route. Then they spend years smoking their problems away, until they fester, and become even more overwhelming. It creates a vicious cycle of escapism. It's the same way with video game addicts. Most people wont come to use pot for B, but the people who are most likely to, have a false image of themselves, and think they can 'handle' the drug.

If I lived in a hyper nanny state, I would want people tested for addictive personality warnings, then watch them around addictive things, and intervene and take action.

HOWEVER, I fucking love freedom, and as long as I am paying taxes, I hate the idea of surveilng people from birth, and I hate the idea of subsidizing these fucksticks who have no ability to look within themselves and see where they are weak.

Oh thank god I thought that was just me

God have mercy on my soul.

You know, this happened to me for a short period. Right around the time I started smoking pot alone.

In college, as long as I was in a social situation, it was never a problem. Once I was off on my own and working for a while, I decided to try some again for fun.

Most of it was my own fear of using it as escapism, and worried that I had become dull, and bored, and using drugs as a way of bypassing the hard work to develop myself or a hobby.

If I am high when I go to sleep, I generally don't dream, and I sleep like shit. The pain distracting aspect allows me to contort my body in horrific ways and I have kinks in everything.

I love cleaning the house stoned :)

I've seen random statistic that people who smoke weed are more successful, I think you fall into that catagory, but If you put yourself into the culture, even without smoking heavily, you fall into the catagory of underacheiver.
just wondering, do you smoke alone?

I have always been a bad sleeper but when I go to bed high, I get a maaad sleep, like you close your eyes and are teleported to the morning, but it also makes me tired the next day.
Same, I also like gettting all the blackheads on my face

What are your most noticeable side effects from doing all that so young? I can't wait to do DMT but I haven't come across it.

No shit?

Fuck opiates, its my biggest regret but the levels of pain left my suicidal so I didn't have much choice.

I havent dreamed in months. :(

Have you done psychedelics more recently?

Rough. Similar here but less insomnia. But if I rate it to benzo withdrawals being a 7/10,nicotine 8.5/10 and opiates 10/10, weed is a 4/10.

Had a panic attack after smoking a 1+gram blunt. Was not fun, but anxiety is a daily issue even before weed.

Cannabis cures Cancer. Here's two awesome testimonials.

Inoperable Brain Cancer
m.youtube.com/watch?v=AysuFPXuhsY

Breast Cancer cured.
m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=-hUoyXKf81c

Kids take note, this post is what it looks like when a stoner loser lies about his addiction

that's a hard question. I tried the first time when I was 16 and am 25 now, but it's just sporadic use. I tried a few times when I was 16. didn't pick up again until 18, stopped again for 2 years. spent three years from 20 to 23 just high off my ass. I was in a relationship with a girl who was a hardcore smoker. it was good, made her nicer, but it was hard to not use when its always around you. like, by age 21 I was having more and more anxiety every time I smoked. so I tried to stop, but I'm the kind of person who takes advantage of whats in front of me. after we broke up, I stopped for a year. turned 24 got another job and smoked a good amount. my feelings and such while high where still the same. still feeling incredible anxiety. now am 25 and only smoke when I have money. which is never cause i dont work. i honestly think it just comes from depression. I've wanted out of life since I was 14, but I cant into suicide. so I think weed just gives me the pressure to do it, but not really the means to. so it bugs me that I can't end it. dont know, ill still keep smoking though,. the immersion I get in video games is too good to just stop using because. like I said, love hate relationship. I hope this answers your question

you won't hire a weed smoker? you are dumb as fuck.

weed smokers are better people.

>sup guys, i have a rare disease that only weed can cure

>anyway, i think all the negative effects of weed are total bs!

medical people think its all about them, and they have the silver bullet against marijuana legalization.

I'm all for using it for medical purposes, I'm not here to stop you.

But as long as every stoner I meet says "I drive better stoned :^)" or "Haha, a car accident at 3 mph xD" I know we are absolutely fucked safety wise. I live in a state where it got legalized. I'm excited that as an adult with a completely formed brain I can grow it myself for my own recreation, but I worry kids with undeveloped brains going to house parties are gonna get fucked over.

Yeah that answers it, I wondered if you were just an anxious smoker, because I get it sometimes, but I don't have depression and am a bit of a normie. I feel your its just your personality that brings the anxiety.

He wont hire a stoner, a useless degenerate that smokes a lot and is part of the culture, completely different to a recreational smoker.
I agree with him, stoners will take shortcuts whenever they can and wont be nearly as useful as the normie, lesser user, or the closet stoner.

Yes, absolutely. Ties in with my sense that I'm not sleeping well when I'm smoking. I've seen studies showing people who smoke get less REM sleep.

everytime i do pills, i smoke weed with it, and dont need it. never been adddicted or even thought about it after i don eit, and didnt stay on anything. xanax, painkiller like loritab.

> but I worry kids with undeveloped brains going to house parties are gonna get fucked over.

I read underage marijuana use is actually dropping rather dramatically in legalized states..

For the driving thing, I actually think driving high is fine, or, much better than alcohol.
For the kids at parties, they are at more risk of the dangers of alcohol.

You guys are idiotic.
All of the kids in my high school that were doing college-level math were smoking weed after school. All of the top-tier (national level) kids in the debate club even did it; most of those fuckers either ended up at harvard, yale, or princeton.
It has nothing to do with lower IQ, beyond temporary effect. The reason why the "stoners" at your school have a low IQ is that stupid people will ALWAYS find a way to waste their time. It doesn't have to be weed - it can also be videogames, alcohol, or just going to the mall every day and not studying.
If you smoke it with a vaporizer, there is no detrimental health effect (unless you get some sort of bronchial infection I guess...but who cares).

I vape weed to boost my appetite and help with insomnia. It works really well for me and life is going pretty good. No complaints.

We've started to see the positive affects of cannabis being used in the treatment of many diseases/conditions for pain mitigation.

There's some talk about it helping to reduce the size of cancer cells. I personally think this is a bit of hyperbole on the pro cannabis side; There's just nothing conclusive. Part of this problem stems from the fact that marijuana is still labeled as a class 1 narcotic; it's on the same level as heroin, and there are so many unreasonable hoops to jump through to test cannabis' efficacy in treating various diseases.

It's possible that marijuana can be used, just like heroin or meth, to create powerful, helpful drugs, used to treat all manner of conditions. if only regulations would relax and allow for proper study.

As for teen use, I think it would be ideal for the human brain to completely develop before introducing mind altering substances to it. Despite the arbitrary age of adulthood in USA, human brains don't stop developing at that point. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the female brain is considered mature around 21, the male around 27. I'm not saying drug use will positively or negatively affect the brain, but I think drug use, especially heavy drug use, will alter the brain chemistry, and therefore thought patterns, significantly.

I personally have never felt addicted to smoking weed. Sometimes I crave it, so I'll buy it, smoke till I run out, and then not think about it for months, or years. But it does make certain menial tasks more enjoyable.

For example: I can only play video games for an hour, two at the most. If I smoke I can spend an entire weekend playing a game. If I sit down to smoke while gaming, that is usually the result. However, if I smoke and decide to clean my apartment, I can spend the whole day cleaning and literally rearranging everything down to the inside of drawers and the pens inside my pen cup.

Maybe it depends on the mindset you go into it with.

You are correct it does mess with your sleep especially if you used 2-3 hours before sleeping. You will sleep and wake up no dreams you won't be as refreshed either. if you have dreams they will be vague blurs.

>You use larger amounts over a longer period.
Probably if you start dabbing, I was using vaporizer from the start and got to 1g/day and stayed there, then it broke and I bought onehitter but since it's not so easy to have it in your mouth 24/7 like vape I've fallen to 0.5g and less.
>You want to cut back but you just can’t stop using.
You can, you just don't want to, if there's something you need to do in your life then just drop it, if you're hedonist then keep it.
>You spend too much time trying to get marijuana.
Like and half-hour every other week? hmm
>You have strong cravings and desire to use.
Not really, it's like fap, you just feel like fapping because it feels good.
>You can no longer meet obligations at work, school or home.
I can.
>Using affects your relationships.
Yep, it made me give less fuck about judging people and trying to change them and more fuck about myself and how should I behave.
>You continue to use even in hazardous situations.
I wouldn't operate any vehicle high but if my boss can drink his brains out at my low-risk job then I can toke.
>You continue using even when it presents physical or psychological problems.
Psychological problems are for pussies, physical can be nullified by making cannabis edibles/tincture.
>You develop a tolerance. (a) You need more to achieve the same high and (b) you experience a diminished effect when using the same amount.
Same answer as for increasing amount, you'll eventually find your own balance.
>You experience withdrawal symptoms or you take it to relieve/avoid withdrawal symptoms.
Like from every chemical imbalance and after very long use, try drinking two liters of cola and then going cold turkey without other sources of sugar. It's caused by downregulated endocannabioid system and it takes a while for your brain to realize there'll be no more weed and produce endocannabinoids. And no idea about my symptoms, but mine are lesser appetite and being a little bit restless without distraction.

He has a prejudice against it,but is fine hiring one if it isn't a part of their character. You may drink sometimes but you do not define yourself by alcohol if you did you would probably be labeled as alcoholic. Same shit with people who use Marijuana time a place and don't be a jackass about it. The kind of person who identifies with one hobby or drug as their entire personality is a pretty lame person anyway like someone who only watches anime all day everyday someone who is defined by their Marijuana use is pretty lame to anyone except people who are just as bad about anime or Marijuana. Tldr if you put weed shit on your car or wear rasta colors salaryman will see you as shameful shallow and unreliable just as he would if you brought your body pillow with you to a interview.

But smoking does make you a little slower, a little duller. I can understand how easy it would be for someone to get locked in a loop of getting high, simply because it does alter reality. For some that change is much better than actual reality, so they keep doing it.

Saying it's not physically addictive never really made sense to me. For me, smoking weed was never about the physical affects, it was always how it made things more interesting, how it sucked me into whatever I was doing. It was always a psychological affect for me.

And though I love getting high as fuck playing dark souls and murdering every boss no problem, because I'm just that tuned into the game. Once I'm out of smoke, I'm done. I think if you don't have much else to do, if you're always trying to recapture that mental state, or trying to make boring shit interesting, that's when you have chronic use.

I think a lot of this side effect business; the symptoms of smoking weed, is probably more hyperbole/propaganda, than actual fact. They make it very hard to study, so the cynic in me always thinks what makes those (((doctors))) so special?

I think it kinda comes back to whether it's physically addictive or not. If it's not, then a blanket list of symptoms seems useless. It's a scare tactic. If it's a psychological problem, then what kind of tendencies would be exacerbated by cannabis use?

Maybe a proponent of cannabis has a better answer to that question. I feel I may be confusing the two positions a little...

Moving on.. I think marijuana's status as a lvl1 narcotic should be lowered and it should be decriminalized. A lot of money is spent by tax payers dealing with marijuana users and a lot of money is made by gov't and NGOs sentencing them to outrageous prison sentences.

Part of me is conflicted on this. If you catch a known gang member, who may or may not have killed 3 people, on a marijuana charge, to me that is a net gain. However, that's just a hypothetical.

Ultimately, I think the status of the drug should be lowered, if only so it can be studied more thoroughly. It should be legalized and adhere to the same rules as alcohol.

t. alcoholic who is drunk right now

Colorado fag here.

Legalization is nice, it raises tax money, brings in tourists... no harm right?

Young kids from all over the nation move here in the hopes of finding a marijuana related job. They soon discover there is a high turnover rate and there are more candidates than there are positions available. They become homeless and many MANY turn to heroin and opioids.

I've seen a lot of my friends 'drop out' of life, they don't go to school, they barley work, and they slowly become depressed, all the while toking marijuana daily.

There are people called 'dab heads', you can tell by their hallowed eye sockets, and slouched posture. They are addicted, no joke. If they don't get their hourly dab of high concentrate shatter, they become irritable and irrational.

I had to stop smoking because I became a shut-in after I graduated college, the high concentrates are more of a narcotic than you would imagine. I'm doing better now, but I see so many people falling just because of ganja.

I'm not taking anything away from the benefits, but this drug is not for everyone, and should be used moderately.

Also the way that technology and science has become involved in MJ production is taking it to a whole new level.

I have a buddy separating 'flavonoids' from the marijuana and creating synthetic tastes, so THC becomes a bland product and you can add blueberry or strawberry flavoring for example.

The potency increases every year, and in turn I see more dab heads and homeless people. I'm not sure if it's our economy/population is growing, or the fact the we are growing the strongest pot on the planet.

Bored, lots of conjecture not a lot of experience. THC is one of 108 known cannabinoids. Our body produces endocannabinoids, which is why cannabis oil is such a potent healer. Furthermore the plant is a food source, can be used to make alcohol, enriches the soil it's grown in and most of all it's fun.

>You continue to use even in hazardous situations.

Aye yo man one sec I know you got a gun to my head and all but I really gotta spark this joint.

Dabs are fucking stupid, but you're right people who do dabs are shit. Stick to the flower.

Roll

What was really bad for me is that I remember it was like the first time I felt happy in a long time. I use it because for a very long time I haven't been happy. Like I felt myself returning to the rest of my body. This was before I started using it regularly. I honestly think I have had depression for so long it just fucked me up that bad.

I spend the same amount of money on it regularly. Tolerance is just a meme made up by faggots who are addicted. Sure you're capable of smoking more but there's a point where you're asking yourself, what's the fucking difference? I'm still fucking high anyway.

i used to smoke so much but im broke now so i have to quit. i had trouble falling asleep for a while and i was pissed i couldn't smoke for a while but i am over it now. Now i am in a better place financially but im not sure if i should or want to start again. I have an addictive personality. If i buy it i will smoke it every day multiple times until it is gone. If history repeats itself eventually i will start smoking before work and perhaps on my lunch break. I will lose all motivation to even try to socialize.

so i drink now instead, which also isn't good. Don't go that crazy when i am by myself but if i am trying to be social i will drink way too much to the point i am unable to function. The problem isn't the substance itself the problem is me being lazy and prone to addiction, as well as psychological problems and anti social tendencies due to childhood experiences.