Who's American?

Are white people truly Americans? Most of them immigrated to America post civil war. Many of them also identify with some European country "I'm Italian, Irish etc."? Will the plurality of them ever truly be Americans?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_the_American_Revolution
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daughters_of_the_American_Revolution
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't know, but if you pay taxes and obey the law, you're American to me.

You can be of black, Italian, Irish, German, or British descent, bu what makes Americans Americans is the person's loyalty to the Constitution & the founding American principles of Freedom, Equality & Prosperity.

If they helped with VE Day and are white from the original 15 countries, then they are American. They made America the greatest power.

Post-65. Coloreds. These are not Americans.

She likes white dudes.

Anybody can be an American. That's why civic nationalism is the only realistic route for them.

Anybody can be English.

dat chin

Tru

A filipino that knows what it is to be american better than americans.

I'd give you a green card if I could

Jamestown was settled in 1607, and the Mayflower came over in 1620. So anyone whose ancestors were in the colonial states before the Revolution is indisputably more American than anyone else who came later on.

Go up to a group of Americans and tell them Idris Elba is an American. They'd agree both in public and in private.

Go up to a group of English people and tell them Idris Elba is an Englishman. They'd agree in public, but laugh behind your back in private.

>darkies actually believe this
Not a single person i know cares about citizenship any more
Most of them identify with muh heritage than being American
But that's worthless millennials for you

Maybe in Barnsley or some other shit tier Northen shit hole

Proof? Source? Something other than something you just pulled out of your ass.

American, in my eyes, has nothing to do with race, but attitude. Any citizen here who's proud to be that loud, annoying, full of themself American, IS an American. That's who we are. Too many mixed races here to identify any one race with America, so it comes down to how you act.

Can you be American even if you don't shart in mart?

Nope.

There's no such fucking thing as "Americans" if you're talking genetically. American just means you're some ungodly mix of European/Aboriginal/Mexican genetics.

Same with Canada. We're either descended from European settlers, or from mixing with abbos. There was no 'ancient Canada' where our heritage comes from, just a couple hundred years of a whole bunch of Europeans mixing together to create a ton of half and quarter breeds.

Being an American or a Canadian just means you're a mongrel without a traceable heritage. At least the countries our ancestors came from could trace their lineage back to the same area for hundreds or thousands of years. Nowadays everyone's some mix, a little bit of Irish, a little bit of Hungarian, some German maybe.

There where over 18 million people of colonial anglo heritage at the start of the civil war. Where the hell do you think they went? Do you think the irish wiped them out, and the current white population is just ellis island peasants?

No you are not.

>Many of them also identify with some European country "I'm Italian, Irish etc."?
That could mean that in a racial way. Like i'm irish and russian. But there's really nothing irish about me kinda just the name. Another thing is i really couldn't tell you all my white background because there's so much. Like most american's, i'm very mixed with different white blood. That's why most american's don't realize there's a difference between anglos and slavs. Because its all just "White", to them.
>Will the plurality of them ever truly be Americans?
Black people don't really par take in nationalism or pride in ones nation. You could say the say for some white people but that was more of a trend then anything else and its on its way out now that loving your country and being a nationalist is the "cool". Hard for me to blame black people really that much either. But i'd be a liar if i said i think were all on the same team. I once watched this video on foxandfriends about two basketball teams playing and one of the teams got upset because someones family on the other team was wearing an american flag shirt. They showed both teams and one was almost completely white and the other was almost completely black. Guess which one was offended by the american flag? Black. Guess which one i guessed would be offended by the american flag? Black.

They got blacked.

True story.

checked

There is no such thing as being American anymore, America stopped being america when we let too many non whites in. America was America when it was 90% white. Now it's just a cesspool of trash and I wish North Korea would just nuke us

Muslims don't belong in the west

That's an odd case, that proves nothing, almost every black American you see is the descendant of colonial era Americans both black and white.

checked

any american citizen is american

I was really just giving an example. You think black people par take in nationalism and pride in ones nation? (Talking about america only)

Kike quads

being american has nothing to do with race.
it's true black people have been here longer than most white families.
i dislike the idea of hyphenated americans in general, but african american is just plain retarded, since they are basically natives of the US as a country.

America doesn't exist as a nation. It's pointless to call yourself American as anything but a formality. When the imperial economy goes, the nations within America will kill one another until only the dominant ones remain.

WE WUZ NATIVE AMERICANS N SHEIT

not native americans.
native to the united states (a state, not a continent)

If you're eligible to join one of these organizations, then you're more American than anyone else. Basically, it means having an ancestor who fought in the Revolutionary War.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_the_American_Revolution
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daughters_of_the_American_Revolution

Oh, and no trannies allowed.

They have fought and died in every single American war. They're not geeky and autistic about it like white people, but yeah they are low key pretty nationalistic.

Case by case basis.

But don't knock it til you've tried it.

This. Thanks for your objective input.

>How to be American
Be american citizen, own american flag.

real question goes

is there such thing as an american "nation"

I;ve lived in the US since of very young age. and recently moved back to my home country.

But all my life I've never felt like a real "american"

despite being put through heavy "repatriotisation" program

so the answer is NO

USA is about s much of a "nation" as the USSR was.

Often, Europeans in 3 generations forget their old country, abandon their (grand)parents customs, ancestral language, even change religions, to be just white Anglo-saxon Americans. WHITE PRIVILEGE!

WAS

You never felt like a real American because you never were one, you always had a homeland to go back to.

My family came over from Scotland in the early 1700's. They were rich and owned slaves, but they were also extremely proud Americans. Nearly all of my male ancestors were military soldiers in all of this countries important wars. There are cities, towns, and parks named after us.

Don't fall for the (((Civic Nationalism))) meme, fellas. Stop making the same mistake we did over here, and focus on keeping your country clean and White, above all else.

no I believe I never felt like an american because america is too diverse to be idenetified with

all it took was one trip to my home country to see that I didnt belong in america

>They have fought and died in every single American war
Checked but your wrong here. That's only because he didn't really have a choice. Do you really think so many blacks would have joined the vietnam war if they had rights at home? Of course not, but they knew they would be treated a whole lot better in the battlefield than at home. The youngest person to die in the vietnam war was a black kid. I think he was 18 years old (Forget how he got in) but do you really think he would have enlisted if he had rights? Blacks also fought for the british during the american revolution who were slaves of american revolutionaries. You know why? Because the british offered them rights and to be treated equally. They went where it was best for them.
>They're not geeky and autistic about it like white people
I don't get what you mean by this. Because vets don't want to be treated like shit that makes them "geeky and autistic". You know whats geeky and autistic? Dabbing over the deaths of communism while white american's go death in a second korean war to stop someone trying to kill us and all our allies.
>but yeah they are low key pretty nationalistic
Its not low key its just not there.

>I think he was 18 years old (Forget how he got in)
I meant 16

People say Americans don't have culture. That's bullshit. Our culture (in the US) is centered around being able to kill everyone in the world, but not doing it. We like to make it known we can (and might) destroy you with extreme prejudice.

Its our restraint that has built our culture, and why it seems so subtle to outsiders. We have chosen this route because any other would mean all of you non US fucks would be dead, and there would be no one left to know we could nuke you, but won't (we will).

Typically, it gets no respect, and all the ones who respect our culture for what it is are now dead (from us). You can easily respect something out of fear.

We don't want or need it to be a 2 way street. My own smug candor in the matter is just a nuanced evolved form of that culture.

We are wolves in sheeps clothing. Laugh if you will at my admittedly barbaric stance, but you will only do it over there, out of our reach.

Immigration act of 1790

30 million whites alone can trace themselves back to the Mayflower
60% of white Americans have ancestry from the colonial era, at least 75% from before the civil war

Kys nigger

Blacks are over represented in the armed forces, and there are tons of black vets, you're speaking to one.

Underrated

6 of my ancestors fought in the American revolution. American enough?

Whites are more over represented. Seriously. lacks and whites are over represented, all other ethnic groups (including Hispanics) are under represented. Whites from the south are massively over represented.

the revolution was about replacing your gold standard currency and replacing it with a fiat currency.

no , if anything you should consider yourself an israeli

Number one thank you for your service. I'm planning on joining the air force myself. Number two do you think that number would be so high if poverty wasn't such a big deal for black people. Again, i'm just saying look at the facts. Number three i'm not saying every black person hates america and dabs over communism i took
>"They're not geeky and autistic about it like white people"
As an insult. Just look at the facts and tell me right here that the blacks who fought during the american revolutionary war would still have fought for the british if they weren't slaves and the british didn't offer them rights. Tell me that so many blacks would have fought in vietnam if they had the same rights as a white person at home. Tell me blacks would enlist in the military so much if they didn't have a large problem with poverty in their community. Again, i'm talking about as a whole. There's tons of black people who are very nationalistic about america and care a lot about our flag but as a whole, they really aren't very nationalistic compared to any other race in america other than maybe illegals immigrants who aren't american anyway.

You're a fucking idiot. That didn't happen until Nixon was in power.
America is a hundred times the nation Poland ever was or ever will be.

>he believes it was about "freeing teh slaves"

no youre the fucking idiot

like all australians

Fixed.

>literally muh heritage

gas yourself

No they are not and if you take out white Hispanics they're even more underrepresented.

When i think of americans i think of people like in pic related

You can't even eradicate chinks in pyjamas, you LARPing civvy.

I didn't say it was about freeing the slaves.

You realise Polish is a byword for stupid right?

>You can't even eradicate chinks in pyjamas
we did do that though.

They don't represent 78% of the fighting age population you moron

This.

Don't try to debate the superior species.

They defeated Afghanistan in war, unlike you.

This.
People are American in ideas and beliefs, not by blood.
If you come to America, you become American if you completely and entirely assimilate to American culture. You aren't "x" American. There is no "African" American, no "Asian" American. You're American. Anything else is subterfuge and sabatoge. Bring your food, bring your music, but your cultural ideas must be left behind if they don't fit with America's.

Freedom of and from religion.
Freedom of speech.
The right to bear arms in defense of self, of property and of nation.
Innocence until proven guilt.

All American core values. If you don't agree, you don't belong here.

We stopped the Russkies from getting to India, so Mission accomplished, frankly.

There's no way you behave in your daily life in a way which indicates you truly believe this...

...words, words, words...

The mission was a wholehearted attempt to conquer Afghanistan and they embarrassed you

I've met many, but sadly black American subculture is toxic. American blacks have to crawl out of that cesspool before they're worth anything. Listening to their stories is pretty fuckin American though.
>be born into niggerville
>be smarter than everyone else
>be rejected for not fitting and wanting something for yourself
>go out on your own with nothing but a dream
>make it

I think there's a reason the Boondocks became a cult classic.

Meh.
Who gives a shit, ex-colony, can't win 'em all. Afghanistan is a dump anyway.

Native Americans are American. Everyone else is an imposter.

And how would you know this by chance?

I hate it when people say, "I'm from Italy, Spain, Mexico", but were born and raised in the USA

Because no one anywhere, least of all the US, lives as though there are no racial differences or ethnic loyalties

>I've met many, but sadly black American subculture is toxic. American blacks have to crawl out of that cesspool before they're worth anything. Listening to their stories is pretty fuckin American though.
Again, i didn't mean like all of them. I just meant in general they aren't very a nationalistic group compared to anyone else in this nation. Only second to a race of people who literally aren't american.
>be born into niggerville
>be smarter than everyone else
>be rejected for not fitting and wanting something for yourself
>go out on your own with nothing but a dream
>make it
That reminds me of the movie dear white people. I saw it after the netflix show started to get shit on and it really isn't what anyone thinks. The two main characters are a gay nerdy black guy who just wants to get an education and stay out of all the
>whitey vs darkie
drama and the black girl who runs the radio show. In the end she was wrong and kisses this white guy infront of all her blm friends (no i'm not kidding). Its honestly a great movie and covers a lot of the problems both sides face with little bias. Solid 7-8/10 for me. It might be lower for you because i just expected 2 hours of someone shitting on my race of people and got something more and something good. So yeah, it could be a 5/10 for you idk.

you have no idea how many deigos, micks, snow niggers, and pole-trash think they're the true americans.

if you aren't anglo or black then you've been here less than 100 years and you can fuck right off.

You keep letting Pakis in and you'll be the dump to end all dumps

When I think of Swedes I think of people like in this pic

That's hilariously wrong and shows your bias.
>be me
>have black friends who like white supremacy memes
>I'm an atheist in a Christian community, no worse for the wear. We all get along fine.
>go to a small college campus
>it's not like your usual Ivy League bullshit
>in the medical school
>everyone laughs at the stupid liberal bullshit that for some reason is on the first floor TV screens
>everyone hates race baiting
>even the psych department shits on the social sciences here
>math department is the same
>chemistry department mostly white though
>I don't know about the arts or whatever because I'm in real school. I assume they're shit

Yes. We conquored the natives. This clay belongs to us.

So show the source, of your ass flavored stats then, other than your butthole. The military made up of just more than those of fighting age(though the vast majority), and can almost be broken down by economic status(which is the reason blacks and Hispanics are O.R). I spent years recruiting in the Marines, you want to know who we prayed on.

what state do you live in by chance?

WV, but obviously not in the shit parts. If you're in either Huntington or Charleston it's a whole different set of problems.