For women’s inventions—and there’s a term for that

>for women’s inventions—and there’s a term for that
The ‘Matilda Effect’ is named for this female pioneer

>When she chose medicine as her vocation, she was roundly rejected by medical schools that only matriculated men. In medicine’s place, she chose activism.

>She cited 18th-century astronomer Maria Agnesi, paper-bag innovator Margaret E. Knight, sculptor and stone-treatment pioneer Harriet Hosmer, as well as Anna Ella Carroll, an adviser to Lincoln who engineered the successes of the Union’s campaign in Tennessee.

>She explains that a Georgia woman named Catherine Littlefield Greene conceived of the cotton gin and put the responsibility of its construction on Eli Whitney. Historical records account amply for her involvement and sponsorship of Whitney

>The 11th century provides the case of Trota of Salerno, female physician and writer of three medical texts named the Trotula, espousing expert advice on matters like pregnancy and skin care. But a few centuries later, a scholar rewrote her name to reflect the Latin masculine form, and shortly thereafter physicians and academics agreed a work of such importance must have come from a man, and chose as her replacement an imperial Roman physician who lived over a thousand years before.

timeline.com/women-science-mathilda-effect-9303ea2a06af

When will you shed the sexist brainwashing this site has done to you and come join women's side Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

nypost.com/2015/05/03/woman-to-become-ny-firefighter-despite-failing-crucial-fitness-test/
people.com/celebrity/female-rangers-were-given-special-treatment-sources-say/
washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/19/marine-corps-weighs-lower-standards-for-women-afte/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Gay. Sage

Lol u mad

WE WUZ MEN!!!

DAS RIGHT QUEEN SLAAAAAAAY

*Aborts Baby*

I refuse to feel guilty about crimes committed by other people.

But then how will I gaslight you?

B-baka

Yes, the paperbag was a invention that brought forth the civilizations towards atomic age and then to the information age

if women truly were as smart and capable as men, how did we end up with this system? there is a secret man conspiracy from since the dawn of man that keeps the woman down?

>Dismisses easily traced historical facts with innane ramblings
K

This has nothing to do with feeling guilt for your predecessor's actions, and everything to do with destroying the bullshit narrative purported by sexist assholes

kek. it keeps men down, dipshit. who do you think dies in all the wars? in all of the industrial accidents?

"male superiority" is a myth - it's really more like "male slavery" - i give 0 fucks that the guy who invented the safety pin shares my chromosomal arrangement.

>be man
>build house
>build school
>write books
>invent all kinds of shite

>be woman
>expect to have access to all this shite just because you have a vagina
>cry about men holding you back by not letting you use the shit they built

UH HUH YOU TELL THEM GIRLFRIEND

*gets beta orbiter to do her homework*

So you're telling me that accusing white men of having innate privilege is libspeak for acknowledging superiority?

This actually makes sense.

If white men could own blacks as slaves and prevent them from having basic rights or education for almost two centuries in the US, why does it not seem plausible that men around the world have kept women in a subservient role?
Before rights and laws developed by the society supported women as equals they were playing on an uneven field for the longest time.
Remember, it was only back in the 70's that women could even have property under their own name, before that they had to had their husband cosign with them

you're not getting it. men are the slaves. they just keep telling us how superior we are to keep us from noticing.

think about what it takes to be a doctor... you spend 19 years in school, another 4 doing residency, and for what? the privilege to work 100-hour weeks and feel like a big shot.

see also:

Slide thread.

If you want the TLDR:
>1
Males have greater variance in almost all things, but among them IQ. Males have more retards, and more geniuses.
>2
Females have less variance in almost all things, but among them IQ. Females have fewer retards, and fewer geniuses.

>Be woman
>Make important advancements in medical field
>Have them rejected cause youre a woman
>Change your name so it's male
>Men accept papers and put it down amongst the long line of male 'achievements'
See original post for source

>If white men could own blacks as slaves and prevent them from having basic rights or education for almost two centuries in the US

How come blacks didn't invent guns or ships to fend off the people who wanted to enslave them?

Why didn't women rebel against men if they are actually equal. Why were men able to force women into that role?

There's a simple answer to that

Real life doesn't care about your ideology of equal rights. The fact that men were capable of subjugating women in the first place proves any power women have now is merely allowed by men.

If WW3 breaks out and nations devolve into chaos, will people look to women to dominate nature and rebuild civilization?

Oh yeah, I read that in one graph that gets recirculated on Sup Forums all the time that isnt really that true because there's other studies that contradict what it says but its a nice myth that plays well for sexists, yea i read that one.

>they just keep telling us how superior we are to keep us from noticing.
So you're saying that men are weak willed egotists?
Sounds pretty fucking sexist to me.

>think about what it takes to be a doctor... you spend 19 years in school, another 4 doing residency, and for what? the privilege to work 100-hour weeks and feel like a big shot.

That is THE most retarded thing I'll read all day

yes, that's now in 2017 after men have already done all the hard work building a society around you (which you are, incidentally, still refusing to do - manual labour & engineering are almost entirely male occupations).

then you suddenly pop up once all the hard work is done demand equal access to all the easy and well paid job on your own terms (fuck evryone else) and want to be treated the same as the people that did all the work?

back to the kitchen darling

Women have been trained in music and painting for hundreds of years but produced nothing of worth.
Sage

>>She explains that a Georgia woman named Catherine Littlefield Greene conceived of the cotton gin and put the responsibility of its construction on Eli Whitney. Historical records account amply for her involvement and sponsorship of Whitney

Translation: The threshold for credited innovation is to complain outloud while a man is in earshot, "This should be easier." et voila. A man appears with a new machine to make it easier and you are now an inventor.

By this logic women invented the dishwasher, the washer and dryer, the steam iron, the food processor, and on and on and on.

Women: Steve Jobs with Benefits

>There's a simple answer to that
Yes, and no doubt your 'answer' will be one born out of simple minded prejudices with NO acknowledgment of a plethora of cultural and historical context, you ignorant fucking cretin
The REAL question is, if women and blacks have been kept down for so long and STILL manage to accomplish things, how much more are they capable of if people like you give it a fucking rest?

No, all it proves is that if you convince the mob to behave a certain way you can subjugate any populace or demographic

Fantastic b8 op, but you're still just trolling larping khv wannabe nazis, pick a harder target.

And the main reason women still contribute very little of worth in pretty much any field is the patriarchal oppression in the form of rejection from university attendance... oh wait.

>So you're saying men are weak willed egotists?
yes.

>That is THE most retarded thing I'll read all day
lol not even close to an argument. you know i'm right, faggot.

Forgot pic

Colonel, there's a man here getting fellated by a dog.

Actually that was thousands of years ago
And guess what, I work in the labour field, where women try to break into all the time, but men constantly keep them out.
In order for a woman to succeed in the trades, she has to perform BEYOND all expectations. She has to either match or outperform the best worker, she has to not be offended by sexist jokes, and she has to be ok with men putting her down behind her back or trivializing her on site, I see it all the fucking time. And then if a woman actually makes it in the field, she's only considered an 'outlier', it's disgusting how they get treated

>all it proves is that if you convince the mob to behave a certain way you can subjugate any populace or demographic
There's no reason to believe this. The entirety of human history has proven otherwise.

From a Darwinian perspective, what happened to all the civilizations that weren't built on
the patriarchal family model? Every other model has consistently lost, they simply can't compete.

so their fee-fees stop them competing with men? right-o

sounds like men are better after all

> And then if a woman actually makes it in the field, she's only considered an 'outlier'
that's because that is exactly what she is

"outlier" is a statistical term, not a weapon of the patriarchy

>How come blacks didn't invent guns or ships to fend off the people who wanted to enslave them?
Too busy trying to defeat rival tribes and sell them to arab slave traders probably.

>women try to break into all the time, but men constantly keep them out.

wrong. they realize that it's not so cute once you're done breaking barriers and have to actually show up and bust your ass... men don't keep them out, they just quit.

"men's jobs" mostly suck ass and pay like shit.

>she has to perform BEYOND all expectations
nypost.com/2015/05/03/woman-to-become-ny-firefighter-despite-failing-crucial-fitness-test/
Hahahahaha, that's some funny bullshit.

people.com/celebrity/female-rangers-were-given-special-treatment-sources-say/
But it's not like lives are on the line or anything.

This is absolute bullshit, and the reality is opposite of what this cunt is saying.

Your shitty interpretation of the story does not change the truth of it.
If she designed it and he just built it, she technically should get most of the credit. She gave him the blueprints and he followed them, her invention.

Doctors make shitloads of money, that's why many of them do it, it's not fucking rocket science

Anyways I'm gonna go watch tv and then go to work, have a nice monday Sup Forums

washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/19/marine-corps-weighs-lower-standards-for-women-afte/

money they never have a chance to enjoy working such crazy hours, which will mostly go to their ex-wife in the divorce.

try harder.

HOLY SHIT WOMEN IRREVOCABLY BTFO'D

>gets btfo and is faced with massive cognitive dissonance
>W-whatevs Sup Forums I'm just gonna abandon the thread but remember I won

>cherry picking
how come ada lovelace is sucked off round the clock as the first programmer when in fact she didn't do shit?

No woman currently alive was denied any of that.

how have things gone so wrong in the last 1500 years?

>paper-bag innovator Margaret E. Knight

MEN COMPREHENSIVELY BTFO

>paper-bag innovator

Them wymyn be flying to the stars soon!

>paper-bag innovator Margaret E. Knight
US9355
?

>paper bag inventor

WTF Im a feminist now?!

>Men are doing illegal things.
It's illegal to keep women out of a profession. Save your propaganda for someone who will believe it.

just goes to prove that women were smarter than men
if I never had to do work again because some woman would do it for, I wouldn't hesitate a second

This is like black people all over again. We freed them from oppression an age ago however they still hate us and think they're being oppressed. Fuck you, you and your movement are now privledged university students who took genders studies and who now spout shit like "male privledge" all the while being in the upper middle class. Like what about rich privledge? The government is trying to keep us divided so we don't see the real problems. The seperation of rich and poor would lead to a mass movement amoungst poor people if we united. You get on the same page as me because I refuse to acknowledge your stupid movement who just reinforce the stereotype that women needlessly complain about innane shit.

Thanks to women scientists we have now over 81 official genders!

This really propels humanity into a bright future!

You women are just becoming niggers, we wuz scientist n shit.

It gives me hope for humanity that no matter how fucked up people become, biological reality will always win out in the end.

Doctors tend to be self centered fuckbags with too much money

As a PoC I find this insulting.
It's like white feminists think that they deserve reparations because of "systematic oppression" that in reality only affects PoCs. Yes, your mother and female ancestors may have been oppressed, but systemic oppression of gender ends immediately and isn't tied to historical oppression.
This is because although your female ancestors may have been oppressed, your male ancestors had privilege and you benefit from that privilege.
What's more is that males are in a similar boat, they benefit from their father's privilege but also suffer from the oppression of their mother.
Whereas for PoC, neither their fathers nor mothers had privilege. Hence they are the ones who need reaching out to. Not white women who've never been oppressed in the modern era.
OP your image is racist, this is a safe space so I kindly ask that you delete your thread. It triggered me as a PoC and it might trigger more.