Litvinenko's Assassination

What do you make of the assassination of Alexander Litvinenko, Sup Forums?

It's highly likely Putin personally sanctioned the murder. Does this change your opinion on Putin?

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2016/11/23/13718768/uk-surveillance-laws-explained-investigatory-powers-bill
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Litvinenko
vimeo.com/210862415
youtube.com/watch?v=dAnSYwr9tFw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_journalists_killed_in_Russia
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3429149/The-spy-door-Mail-s-Nicole-friendly-neighbour-vodka-fuelled-dinner-confessed-truth-account-terrifying-events-followed-casts-new-light-story-transfixed-Britain.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy_Index
youtube.com/watch?v=iRqEMIdSDGE
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3796116/Putin-s-party-sweeps-victory-Russian-elections-amid-evidence-vote-rigging-CCTV-catching-one-woman-stuffing-multiple-vote-slips-ballot-box.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Should've kept his mouth shut. Don't get me wrong I have no life for (((Putin))) but you just gonna these things sometimes to maintain power.

> I have no life for (((Putin)))
Damn it ment "no love for (((putin((("

we know for a fact kim had his disneyland half-brother assassinated and nobody pushed for regime change over that

>not even being slightly suspicious when your tea is being poured by a man in a space suit.

I have a Bulgarian friend who lives in this country, but who loves Putin. Thinks Putin is the best friend of Bulgaria, not the West.

Anyway.

>you just gonna these things sometimes to maintain power
But clearly Litvinenko didn't want to keep this "power". He wanted to challenge Putin's power. Surely, if you don't like Putin, then you would think this is a pretty brave and respectable thing to do?

North Korea doesn't sit on the Council of Europe
North Korea isn't anywhere near as powerful as Russia
North Korea doesn't sit on the edge of Europe, showing expansionist tendencies towards much of Eastern Europe

>ayyy lmao because boriso (((yelstin))) was in power I guess i can talk shit now all i liek epic win russia free noa :DDDDD
>die
lmao
reality hits hard

while kill a powerless fag while you control everything? it's more likely that the americans kill their agents and blame it on putin

*why?

i always approve of the death of a subhuman

>inb4 slavs are white lol

No. I'm on Putin's side.

>you would think this is a pretty brave and respectable thing to do?

The guy's dead. Therefore it was a pretty stupid thing to do.

Maybe it was an accident?

The idea is to kill him in a very obvious way to deter others from doing the same

Don't go to itsu, some of you are alright.

Do you not think "holy shit Russia really is essentially a mafia state"?

That's what I think about the whole thing

You think America killed Litvinenko? Are you an idiot?

If you hate slavs then why would you support an action which designed to protect the most prosperous slav state? Surely you would want this state - Russia - to crumble?

>I'm on Putin's side
Is that because you're a faggot?

I just watched a very detailed documentary on it, which was just shown for the first time on British TV

It was not an accident

Probably yeah. Putin is fucking crazy man.

Kek. Did you watch the documentary which was just on Channel 4? It was crazy, I didn't really know anything about this case

I was 15 when he was killed, but I didn't give a shit about it at the time. I remember the much-circulated photo, but that's it. But learning about it, it's fucking insane.

>Putin is fucking crazy man.
No
>Russia really is essentially a mafia state.
Like any other state on this planet.
> watched a very detailed documentary on it
You're a retard.

wierd

>No
Yes
>Like any other state on this planet.
Haha you're a fucking idiot
>You're a retard.
C'est ne pas une argument, Hans

there's no such thing as 'state sanctioned murder'. putin had him killed. not murdered. putin can't murder people, by definition.

Putin is subhuman scum.

>Do you not think "holy shit Russia really is essentially a mafia state"?
It's literally all the same cancer everywhere.
The difference is that Russians don't hide behind a facade and are somewhat obvious about it when they want to be. Meanwhile our kiddy fuckers have finessed the art of politics and censorship, combined with a dogma of self righteous liberal (LOL) democracy.

The sad part is when people actually have faith and believe this rhetoric that our country is fair as is our political elite.

I repeat, they are all the same, all cancer, scum, human trash whatever you wish to call them. Average people have a very deluded sense and view of this world constructed since their birth.

As for the guy in OP, talk shit get hit simple as that.

It's more than "weird". It's the president of a supposedly "democratic" country having extra-judicial killings carried out at his behest.

It was against the laws of the United Kingdom so it's murder, you fucking idiot.

> You think America killed Litvinenko? Are you an idiot?

why not? it's much easier to kill an opponent of putin because everyone will blame him, even if this assasination doesn't destabilize his power immediately, stories and rumors will amount over the years along with other rumors and stories and until the convenient moment comes and the people go to the streets demanding his resignation

I didn't fully appreciate it but he is literally a mob boss, and the Russian state is a mafia state. It's fucking insane.

>our kiddy fuckers have finessed the art of politics and censorship, combined with a dogma of self righteous liberal (LOL) democracy.
Jimmie Saville and Woody Allen aren't members of their respective countries' governments, are they? And they're not performing extra-judicial killings, are they?

>The sad part is when people actually have faith and believe this rhetoric that our country is fair as is our political elite.
Our country is democratic, and I would be pretty confident that it doesn't have political dissidents killed extra-judicially.

>I repeat, they are all the same, all cancer, scum, human trash whatever you wish to call them. Average people have a very deluded sense and view of this world constructed since their birth.
Basically you are saying "haha they're just all the same bro, having an opinion about one being worse than the other is so stupid man". A bit like pic related.

Arguments? How to fuck somebody should argue on something like that? What do you want to hear? No he was a brave man?

Everybody who worked in 90s in secret service in russia has bloddy hands.
>against the laws of the United Kingdom
Who gives a fuck about UK? You dirty rats always screaming for laws when your interests are in danger or you try pretending being a "democracy" despite the fact that everything is recorded on internet in UK.

The simple answer is he knew to much.

theverge.com/2016/11/23/13718768/uk-surveillance-laws-explained-investigatory-powers-bill

>It's more than "weird". It's the president of a supposedly "democratic" country having extra-judicial killings carried out at his behest.
Yeah, and you probably believe in EU and fair tales too
unbelivable, you live in a union who is capable of doing worse than that and yet thinks that is holding some moral high ground while your elites jerk off in your face
It's russia, you must be some sort of underage faggot to be impressed by that

this

>Our country is democratic, and I would be pretty confident that it doesn't have political dissidents killed extra-judicially.
haahaha reddit tier

>why not?
Because there's no evidence for it, whereas the evidence for the involvement of the Russian state is overwhelming.
>it's much easier to kill an opponent of putin because everyone will blame him
People didn't just jump to the conclusion "oh it's probably Putin because he hated that guy", you fucking idiot. IT WAS A DETAILED INVESTIGATION CARRIED OUT BY THE BRITISH POLICE. The highest law enforcement agencies of our land.

And then there was a court case in just the last couple years, and a British High Court judge ruled that Putin, very probably, sanctioned the killing himself.

>A public inquiry began on 27 January 2015,[10] and concluded in January 2016 that Litvinenko's murder was an FSB operation, that was probably personally approved by Vladimir Putin.[11]

I'm talking about our government, people who work for our government, not fucking Jimmy Saville.
>Our country is democratic
What is this meant to mean to me? Is this some magic blanket statement and evangelizes all persons within this country from doing any evil?
>Basically you are saying "haha they're just all the same bro, having an opinion about one being worse than the other is so stupid man".
No, you can have all the opinions you want.

What I will say, is that you're naive.

I want you to start doing politics, and I want your innocent conscience to be utterly raped.

Nah I ve always considered him to be a ruthless criminal

highly underrated

>Arguments?
You laughed off the idea that I watched a detailed documentary, but I did, and the documentary was about the British police investigation (and subsequent inquest, which was only in the last couple of years) into Litvinenko's death

Present an argument if you doubt the established facts of the case you insufferable, moronic, weasley little shit

Sorry Juan, we don't all live in a favela filled shithole like you

Tetley or Earl Grey with your sushi sir?

Is this the famous british humour?
Nobody doubts that fsb WASN'T involved in his death.
The only laughable think about you is that you try to represent your shit hole like a paradise where morals and human rights are respected.
And of course not GCHQ will never try to assisnate ex-special service member who fled to a foreign country with all the dirty information about what your shit hole done in last couple years to other countries/people...

must all be careful this might kill you if you are not careful enough just saying:
vimeo.com/210862415

>Does this change your opinion on Putin?

Putin is a murdering manlet. I've always thought that so no change.

I met this guy's son once at a 4/20 gathering at hyde park
He was a bit of a twat but seemed nice enough

>Nobody doubts that fsb WASN'T involved in his death.

KYS Ivan.

>I'm talking about our government, people who work for our government
Like who?
>What is this meant to mean to me? Is this some magic blanket statement and evangelizes all persons within this country from doing any evil?
It's meant to mean that our country is a democracy where the ruling party is chosen by the people in free and fair democratic elections. This isn't what happens in Russia, where "elections" are staged pieces of theatre.
>What I will say, is that you're naive.
About what? What the fuck are you even talking about?
>I want you to start doing politics
We're talking politics right now fuckface, what is it you want to say?

who?

MOSCOW APPARTMENT BOMBINGS BY PUTIN

I know you're joking, but they weren't dressed in bloody space suits when he drank tea with them.

Russia is such a shithole. Jesus.

This.

But my fellow britbongs...Wasn't it a great program? Channel 4 is usually shit tier these days.

>fair democratic elections
Whilst the Conservative party are currently being investigated for overspending during the election

>The only laughable think about you is that you try to represent your shit hole like a paradise where morals and human rights are respected.
Britain is a democracy rather than an effective autocracy like Russia.
Britain doesn't perform extra-judicial killings of political dissidents.
Britain ain't perfect but it seems like it's a damn sight better than Russia, from those two facts alone.
>And of course not GCHQ will never try to assisnate ex-special service member who fled to a foreign country with all the dirty information about what your shit hole done in last couple years to other countries/people...
Our ex-intelligence service members don't flee the country looking for asylum, for the simple reason that we don't persecute them for saying bad things about the government. Nice try though Hans!

same as always

british government too weak to stand up to russia

litvinenko's killing was russia's way of proving to the world that britain can be pushed around and is but a mere satellite state of the US.

the usual woeful display.

Litvinenko got an order from russian agency to kill boris berizovski. He couldnt do it, because to pussy. The guy who gave him the order asked "Why dont you wanna kill this fucking jew who robbed russia? "

I believe he was a jew himself and couldnt kill his tribesmen. He complained a lot and they got mad at him why hes such a pussy.

Latter he worked for mi6 and told about his collegues. Mi6 could protect him, but didnt because they dont need him and also want to make russia look bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=dAnSYwr9tFw

I avoided the documentary as i thought it would be a muh POOTIN hit piece. I recall it all quite well.

Yeah he looks a bit cringe, reminds me of some people I know, leftist/arty types. You can tell he grew up without a dad. Still, seems like he'd be a fairly reasonable geezer to get on with.

Did you speak to him? How did you know it was him?

Anyway, putin bully berizovski into suicide and make him bankrupt using that retard abramovic, which still pay protection money to putin via donations to his old "village".

Litvinenko is a traitor, hes similary naive like snowden he said like "we cant live like this killing people each month for 10 000$" litvinenko latter converted to islam. Ukrainians are retarded and basicly backstabbers.

Pollonium was pretty badass op.

This. It's fucking insane what they've got up to.

Indeed.

He was a spy for the Russian FSB agency (successor to the KGB). But he left the service and spoke out against Russian crimes and extra-judicial killings.

Eventually he fled Russia for London, where he was granted asylum. He spent the next few years writing books, and speaking out against Putin and his unlawful killings / military action / stuff like that.

Eventually he was assassinated by Russian agents, using Polonium (highly radioactive isotope). A British inquiry ruled that it is very likely that Putin himself would have personally sanctioned the killing.

OH MY GOD THEY OVERSPENT ON THEIR CAMPAIGNING BY A LITTLE BIT

THIS IS TOTALLY THE SAME AS ACTUALLY RIGGING ELECTIONS, STUFFING BALLOT BOXES, AND HAVING COMPLETE CONTROL OVER THE MEDIA LIKE THEY DO IN RUSSIA

My word you sound like a child and it is a serious matter so I'm not sure why you're trivialising it

just read the book in this, guy was a fat mouthed dumb ass who got more warnings than most, he was all for looting russia when he was getting his share, was always short of mobey in u.k. lived of berizovski's coin, when that source dried up he took more chances and shazam, pootang got rid off him, of course it was a message, search ,plutonium 210 and see who produces it,

>have political dissidents killed extra-judicially
It's pretty much a required skill for UNSC application. Yours just doesn't go after opposition politicians, whilst our is not so eh... picky shall we say.

I have no doubt that's Russia's intention. But what should Britain do in response? Wage war? What is there that we can realistically do?

It went into the facts of the case in a lot of detail. It was an hour and a half long.

A murder investigation by our police at the time implicated an FSB agent:
>A British murder investigation pointed to Andrey Lugovoy, a member of Russia's Federal Protective Service, as the prime suspect. Britain demanded that Lugovoy be extradited, which is against the Constitution of Russia, which directly prohibits[8] extradition of Russian citizens.

In the documentary they describe in detail how Russia just fucked with us over the course of the investigation. Staging shoddy interviews, not giving up evidence, etc.

Our government dropped it over the last few years, partly because Theresa May didn't want to anger Putin. But the wife of Litvinenko campaigned for an inquest to be carried out by a coroner. This inquiry took place over the last two years:
>A public inquiry began on 27 January 2015,[10] and concluded in January 2016 that Litvinenko's murder was an FSB operation, that was probably personally approved by Vladimir Putin.[11]

So basically, a British high court judge has ruled that the President of Russia, Vladimir Putin, probably ordered an extra-judicial killing on British soil. Theresa May acknowledged these findings in parliament, so I guess the official line of the British government is that the Russian government is most likely responsible for this killing.

Maybe he just didn't want to be a lapdog cuck to Putin?

>litvinenko latter converted to islam
Source: your ass

Anyway you are a gigantic cuck faggot for supporting Putin, just so you know that.

Guy was at his hotel and during breakfast he was poisoned with polonium that secret agents put on his tea.

The Tories overspending their campaign allowance? Wow yeah you're right mate, it's TOTALLY the same as having extra-judicial murders of ex-intelligence service agents carried out in foreign countries.

TOTALLY THE SAME BRO.

>Source: your ass

Putin did nothing wrong

Yes it's produced in Russia where they built their first nuclear bomb - I watched the documentary.

United Nations Security Council?

Name a Western nation on that council that performs extra-judicial killings of ex-intelligence servicemen.

Not only that but they had previously already poisoned him with what was thought to be a lethal dose, in a sushi restaurant. The guys who did it left the UK after administering the Polonium. Litvinenko didn't die quickly enough, so they came back to do the tea thing.

Did you hear the one about Ginny Sack? She had a 95-pound mole removed from her ass.

Obviously he's the good guy here

Nothing to see here

Now check the dates

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_journalists_killed_in_Russia

Imagine if Rutte was having dissidents killed? The thought seems ridiculous doesn't it?

Alexander Litvinenko claimed Russia was behind 9/11 and said they framed the Arab hijackers for it.. The guy was a lunatic, why would Putin want to assassinate such a nutcase who only discredited anti-Putin rhetoric?

We're talking about fair democratic elections you cretin you're the one trying to conflate the 2

>Name a Western nation on that council that performs extra-judicial killings of ex-intelligence servicemen.
Extra judicial is a funny word. I do believe US prefers "Secret Trial" terminology. As to individuals, I can't be arsed to search.

You know what's crazy? The only reason Russia is this powerful is because of World War II.

Imagine if the British and Germans had realised that actually it was in their mutual interest to join forces and fight Russia? Hitler hated Russia, of course. I guess Britain didn't really have any reason to hate Russia though... and the US probably had even less reason. Little did they know what would take place after WWII.

But basically that's what happened - Russia lucked out from the fact that the Western nations fought each other, and severely hurt each other in the process.

By that I mean we don't have ballot box stuffing, which takes place in Russia. Their elections are essentially rigged. The Tories breaking a spending rule does not amount to an entirely rigged election.

He browsed Sup Forums for an entire week.
Look at his face, that's some level cancer.

Source? Sounds like bullshit to me pham

Patton knew
Churchill knew
Nobody listened

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3429149/The-spy-door-Mail-s-Nicole-friendly-neighbour-vodka-fuelled-dinner-confessed-truth-account-terrifying-events-followed-casts-new-light-story-transfixed-Britain.html

Here's the key excerpt from the article:
His hatred of Putin remained visceral, and during the course of our incredible dinner he blamed the Russian leader for everything from the Beslan school siege of 2004 to 9/11. As we sat in astonishment, he insisted that Putin had instigated the terrorist attacks in 2001 in a deliberate ploy to force America into a war in the Middle East which he believed would weaken his arch foe.

Just a drunken Russian failure who blamed his enemy Putin for everything. Yes, he did indeed blame him for 9/11. He was probably killed by his old friend Boris Berezovsky. Makes a lot more sense than Putin doing it.

Poor bloke

>By that I mean we don't have ballot box stuffing
It's been proven that voter fraud goes on in our elections and officials have lost their job as a result of it in recent memory

So basically you can't name any cases, probably because there aren't any. Got it.

>Russia lucked out from the fact that the Western nations fought each other, and severely hurt each other
You do realise that more Russians Died in WW2 than anyone else involved? Do you further realise that there was no "West" in 1940? Great powers simply were great powers.

Nah, the problem is far more prominent in Russia. Local Mayors try to suck up to Kremlin by cheating. Every now and than this results in a slap on the wrist but it's not nearly prosecuted enough.

Not on the same scale pham. Nothing even like what happens in Russia.

Here's some stats from the "Democracy Index" compiled by The Economist:

>United Kingdom
>Full Democracy
>16th most democratic country out of 167 states measured
>Democracy score of 8.36/10

>Russia
>Authoritarian
>134th most democratic country out of 167 states measured
>Democracy score of 3.24/10
>Mauritania (where slavery still occurs), Niger, Ivory Coast, Ethiopia, Cuba, Angola, Vietnam - these are all considered more democratic than Russia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy_Index

Pic related

>Pic related
If you knew anything about Ukrainian politics you'd know how full of shit that picture is.

American democracy is so functional it produced two most unelectable candidates in it's history and congress that rarely rises to 30% approval. I get that you don't like russia, but posting blatantly politicised materiel only serves to undermine your point.

>By that I mean we don't have ballot box stuffing, which takes place in Russia.
Kek. I fucking hate Rusisa
youtube.com/watch?v=iRqEMIdSDGE

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3796116/Putin-s-party-sweeps-victory-Russian-elections-amid-evidence-vote-rigging-CCTV-catching-one-woman-stuffing-multiple-vote-slips-ballot-box.html

>You know what's crazy? The only reason Russia is this powerful is because of World War II. Imagine if the British and Germans had realised that actually it was in their mutual interest to join forces and fight Russia?

Tbh i don't like Hitler but it sure is shit that the balance of power changed to the epic multicultural shithole of America.

>who is Ed Snowden?

Five eyes gonna kick your ass again in cold war 2.0, Ivan.

I provided a source, do you have a response? Why would Putin bother to assassinate a nutcase who accused him of masterminding 9/11?

Did they? What did Churchill think of Russia?

>He was probably killed by his old friend Boris Berezovsky. Makes a lot more sense than Putin doing it.
Now I know that I don't have to listen to a word you say. You are a moron my friend.

That's not him is it? Doesn't look like him.

>You do realise that more Russians Died in WW2 than anyone else involved?
True. Yes I did know that. But I still think it is true that Russia absolutely benefitted from the situation that took place in Europe.

>Do you further realise that there was no "West" in 1940? Great powers simply were great powers.
True. I am just referring to what we today would call the Western nations. Europe/USA fucked themselves by not recognising their common interests; but then again I guess there was nothing to make any of them think that Russia was more of an enemy to them than any of the other Great Powers.

Of course none of them believed that. Russia wasn't the main enemy of any of them. I am just speculating about an alternative history, Vladimir.

What do you think of Putin?

fuck off ivan

What do you have to say about him accusing Putin of 9/11? Nothing? That's what I thought. BTW, Litvinenko's own father blames Berezovsky for his son's murder. You won't have anything to say about that either.

No I'm not saying I don't like Russia at all. I like the country. I like the heritage of the country. I like many Russian people.

But your country is still effectively an autocracy. That's just a fact. It's a shame really. Russians should rise up and install Navalny as your leader. I know that will never happen though. Because your country is an effective autocracy, that's why.

I already told you I'm not taking you seriously because you say Boris Berezovsky killed him, and we know that that's false.

OK, pretnd I never said that. What do you have to say about him blaming Putin for 9/11? Nothing? Of course you have nothing to say about that.

Yup I've seen many of those videos before. Russian "democracy".

>Litvinenko's own father blames Berezovsky for his son's murder
Because he doesn't want to get in trouble with the Kremlin you fucking idiot, how dense are you?

>9/11
I didn't read those claims in detail because you've already discredited yourself with the Berezovsky claim. I don't know why I should engage with someone who is clearly a lunatic.

>What do you think of Putin?
It's complicated. Short version - one of the best rulers russia had in last century.

To understand why I say that despite a fucktonn of issues we have today you need only look at our history.

Gorbachev managed in his pursuit of "glasnost" turn a Superpower into an irrelevant state that no one cared about in a decade. Yeltsin managed, in his pursuit of money and vodka to turn that country over a decade into a place where starvation was commonplace and fucking cosmonauts had to struggle for survival. Putin turned that hellscape into a great power in a decade by using every underhanded trick in the book.

You tell me how awful he is of a president in that context.

I can go into even more detail, but it takes time.

>your country is still effectively an autocracy
Yeah, thing is, it demonstrably works better that way.

It's a very off-hand comment in the article mate. For all you know, Litvinenko could have just said that Putin helped enable the sort of terrorism which targeted the United States, which is probably true.

He was stabbed in the back by Berezovsky. Litvinenko had the dirt on him.