Trump congratulates erdogan on narrow referendum victory

So..
Turkey lost it's democracy, and trump CONGRATULATES erdogan for it?

This is embarassing

washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-calls-turkeys-erdogan-to-congratulate-him-on-contested-referendum/2017/04/17/f997d306-2397-11e7-a1b3-faff0034e2de_story.html?utm_term=.b1e79e72c42d

theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/17/donald-trump-erdogan-turkey-referendum-congratulations

time.com/4743779/donald-trump-recep-tayyip-erdogan-referendum-turkey/

abcnews.go.com/International/trump-congratulates-turkeys-erdogan-contested-referendum/story?id=46849649

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart.com/national-security/2016/01/04/jew-hating-turkish-president-mas-kom-ya-erdogan-extols-hitlers-presidency/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Goddammit Donald, this is not a Turkish Brexit.

I awoooooooooooooooooooooooooow

just protecting his business interests in turkey. nothing wrong here :^)

Have a roach friend, actually a bit worried. Should I be? It's tough to keep in contact with him sometimes.

Why shouldn't he congratulate the head of state he needs to work with after Turks voted for this? You got a problem with democracy?

>what are values

What's about, idk, condemning the actions or erdogan?

This isn't too difficult, you don't have to cuck yourself for him when he literally destroyed the democracy of his own country

Can someone actually explain what the recent turkey referendum was specifically about? What specifically does it change?

Then you don't understand Trump and his administration's values. They aren't universalists, Erdogan won with a referendum so this is the political reality his people want.

I value the sovereignty of Turkish votes when they decide matters for themselves. It's not my place to tell them how they should live.

If there's no democracy, we can finally do something about kebab.

Good. It's important to protect American strategic interests in Turkey. America isn't some pussy European country that is afraid of getting it's hands bloody dealing with dictators.

It practically gives erdogan sweeping and nearly infinite powers to do anything he wants, completely ignoring the parliament

Spare me your condemnation of peoples living in a nation you don't, voting on how their country should be run. It's not Trump's place to decide what the Turkish population can do.

>Sup Forums doesn't understand 4D chess

>abc
>time
>washingtonpost
>theguardian

BuzzFeed is all you need.

Things which vary from across societies separated by time and geography.
There is literally zero reason to be against Erdogan abolishing democracy, save that it'll make the Turkish nation more powerful and therefore a threat to the west.

But based on gay values alone, democracy is garbage and I'm glad to see Trump celebrating that a nation is objectively bettering itself. It means such a thing could be on the table for the west

>Then you don't understand Trump and his administration's values

because they have none? its all business. thats probably the reason why he wont label China (the biggest thief of murrican jobs) a currency manipulator anymore. he sold your jobs to "solve" nk. just business :^)

kek. whats your position on north korea?

>practically
Tell me what it ACTUALLY is
What is the explicit details of the referendum that people voted yes on?

Why wouldn't he congratulate Erdogan for winning such an important victory that gives him the power to crush the Soros-backed Gulenists?

>objectively bettering itself
By going full Islamist?

Oy vey!

Well trump cant change it , I think he is just staying focused on his bigger issues and trying to remain close to supreme leader erdogan

yeah, because dictatorships are so successful. look at all those booming countries.

>land of the free

fuck off kike

>reposting

>breitbart.com/national-security/2016/01/04/jew-hating-turkish-president-mas-kom-ya-erdogan-extols-hitlers-presidency/

As I have detailed in the past, Erdogan wrote, directed, and played the leading role in a theatrical play titled Maskomya, staged throughout Turkey during the 1970s. He was serving as president of the Istanbul Youth Group of Erbakan’s National Salvation Party at the time. “Mas-Kom-Ya” is a compound acronym for “Masons-Communists-Yahudi” — “Jews” — and the play focused on the evil nature of these three, whose common denominator was Judaism. When Valley of the Wolves was released in Turkey in 2006, it became the most expensive film ever made in Turkey. The film included a “cinematic motif” which featured an American Jewish doctor dismembering Iraqis allegedly murdered by American soldiers in order to harvest their organs for Jewish markets. At the time, then-Prime Minister Erdogan not only failed to condemn the film, he justified its production and popularity. His wife, Emine, also attended a gala screening of the film and sat next to the movie’s star.

>because they have none?

Non-interventionism is a value.

>kek. whats your position on north korea?

You can't possibly compare the two; US tension with NK is caused by the possibility of obtaining nuclear weapons under a hostile regime. If they were just doing their own thing, we wouldn't have a problem, just like with Turkey.

The way I see it, if news papers here are against something, Im automaticly for it.

I havent researched much into this referendum, but all newspapers here are literaly calling him a dictator.

But they also call Assad a dictator so I kinda know something fishy is going on.

>Non-interventionism is a value.
syria would surely agree.

sure you can compare those two. the regime is only hostile because you moved in on them after the war (so much for non-intervention). just leave them the fuck alone and everything would be fine. your mixing cause and impact here.

A wild guess the EU wants to split Turkey through a civilian conflict. Media would support following riots (already does), then they would start to talk about oppressed Kurds, then Erdogan's grassroots would kill someone..

Remember that night in July when you sat before TV and thought this is how the beginning of the Spain's civil war looked like, that they would start to fight for the turf? Well, the feeling might be real.

All we're talking about is the idea of spreading democracy across the world and using to justify condemning or ousting certain governments and their leaders. Being tough on Syria and NK because of chemical and nuclear weapons is way, way different.

thing is this does make him a dictator in all but name so they are right on that token

>justify condemning or ousting certain governments and their leaders

said who.

You implied those with values would condemn Erdogan and/or the constitutional change in his country. And all I'm saying is Trump has values, and they perfectly align with congratulating Erdogan.

Fuck off back to Mediaite kike

He fucking knows the implications of this, he needs to call to keep Turkey on his side. They are the one nation keeping Russia's Black Sea Fleet out of operating in the Mediterranean (though their control of the Dardanelles), and Syria is the only Russian aligned country on the Mediterranean.

If Turkey is lost, then Russian ships in the Med will make things very uncomfortable for lots of NATO members, and would limit NATO naval operations in the Middle East.

Only shills or retards think:
>trump's trying to protect his businesses interests
>trump doesn't know what the referendum means
>trump actually appreciates the power grab/wants help becoming a dictator
>trump is a fascist and likes dictatorships

>D-Drumpfy is going to retake Constantinople with Putin

wish i could watch that play!

See this

So you killed a couple hundred thousand people , in day alone? It's a anudduh shoah , spray paint swastikas, oy vey what else can we do

Perinçek is not pro russian nationalist. He's a Eurasianist.

How about condeming your own actions, fuck off , you goddamned leech

(((Democracy)))

Like the powers you have to murder children? When will you take responsibility for the slave trade?

>won with a referendum
>won by a hair thin margin
>massive amounts of info about blatant and multiple cases of obvious influence to the outcome of the referendum by authorities
Dude, are you retarded? Erdogan "won" this shit way, way before it was even initiated.

If you believe Turkish people made this schizo into a god by their own choice, you're as blind as fucking Ray Charles.