Hey Sup Forums, along with a few great aunts, I've been doing some genealogy, trying to discover my families roots...

Hey Sup Forums, along with a few great aunts, I've been doing some genealogy, trying to discover my families roots. I found out today that I'm related to Sir John Stanley I, Lord Lieutenant of Ireland and King of Mann. His sister is my 17th great-grandmother, married to my direct male line (moms side) 17th great-grandfather.

It would also make me distantly related to Thomas Stanley, 1st Earl of Derby, who was Henry VII stepfather.

I know this stuff means dick in reality, as I am just a typical burger, but it's still nice to know where you come from. I mean, niggers can't really do this kind of shit.

Who are you related to Sup Forums?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_I_Stanley_of_the_Isle_of_Man

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_I_Stanley_of_the_Isle_of_Man

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Stanley,_1st_Earl_of_Derby
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francisco_Jiménez_de_Cisneros
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Manuel_Mireles_Valverde
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_le_Scrope,_1st_Baron_Scrope_of_Bolton
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

muh heritage

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Stanley,_1st_Earl_of_Derby

How did you do it?

gay

Family records, ancestory.com, and one of my aunts went to the UK and did some research.

Is that ancestry website legit or what?

>muh heritage

Seriously, fuck off. Nobody gives a shit that some whore had a bunch of kids a few hundred years ago.

>niggers can't really do this kind of shit.
Do what? Dig up a bunch of bullshit and family anecdotes that make them think they're more important than they really are? They do it all the time. You're literally WE WUZ-tier.

My family is obsessed with family history. My dad has done enough research that he can trace our heritage back quite a long ways. Both sides of my family have been in America since ~17th Century, so there's a lot of cool tidbits and family relations with Big Dick historical figures.

It's based in Utah, so I'm pretty sure it's run by Mormons. But the Mormon church is known for the expertise in geneology. Aall they really do is collect and pool documents from the government, states, counties, and cities.

My claim to fame is my great grandfather who helped build the titanic.

This guy is a cousin of mine. He was fictionalized in "Blood Diamond" as Leonardo Dicaprios character. His IRL name is Cobus Claasens and he is possibly the hardest cunt on earth.

Also Francis Drake is an antecedent of mine.

Nice, I found out I'm related to Edward I Longshanks who shoah'd the Jews and shafted the Welsh and Scots.

Depends what you mean. Legit as in it gives you a fuck ton of sources to pour through? Then yes, if you pay out the ass for it. The problem is that the computer obviously cannot sift through tons of handwritten records going back hundreds of years, that's up to the customer. And customers tend to be fucking stupid. The result is that most people will verify literally every single document that Ancestry sends to you saying that it MIGHT be related to you. And so in the end you end up with these giant cluster fucks of family trees of extremely dubious accuracy. And the end-end result is the faggot that bought the subscription starts wearing a kilt or some shit because he found out his great-great-great uncle was 3rd cousin twice removed of an in-law to some Scottish noble or some shit.

It's all bullshit, because it's left up to the consumer to put in the work, and most people are both retarded and lazy.

Sorry OP, but the sad truth is that if your family was in any way actually important, they would already have all of this shit put together in numerous books, genealogies, and family trees, and you wouldn't have to pay for a subscription service to look up old census forms.

You were adopted weren't you? Or are you an angsty teen who hates their parents?

>nice to know where you come from

all you need for that is pic related

hello my brother

What shade of shitskin are you?

I'm white as fuck m8, I'm just not a delusional retard like yourself who is obsessed with trying to cling onto a heritage because he doesn't have one.

Our ancestors left the shithole that is Europe behind for a reason. And with it, they left behind all of that tedious bullshit that goes into trying to rank everyone's family and shit. I don't give a flying fuck who you are or how big your family's estate-peen was. You're a fucking American, you aren't Scottish, you aren't German, you aren't Italian, you aren't anything but an American. The only hyphenated Americans that exist are ones that literally are fresh off the boat and still speak their mother tongue exclusively at home. Everyone else is just an American.

Deal with it, fag.

You're strawmaning all over the place.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francisco_Jiménez_de_Cisneros

i'm not mexican, i'm spanish living in america

>tfw almost inherited a Scottish castle
>tfw still poor with no castle
>I could of Macbethed some people and been a baron

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Manuel_Mireles_Valverde
This guy is a distant relative of mine, he dindu nuffin.

Do you even have a concept of what a strawman is

You seem like the Tumblrina type who repeats things she hears from her favorite bloggers to sound smart

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_le_Scrope,_1st_Baron_Scrope_of_Bolton

Our money's so old, there's none left.

I am actually from a quite traditional new Christian family that emigrated to Brazil centuries ago. The grandfather of my grandma was a very respected physician. In his list of patients figures D. Pedro II, Princess Isabel and many fatcats from that time. He had a very nice house in Rio de Janeiro that was transformed in a museum by the Condephaat.

I'm Irish but my ancestor with my last name was a Catholic English knight who conquered most of Ireland. He then had many rape babies and let to me. Most of my ancestors were mercenaries and knights.

I'm glad I'm not the only rape baby here.