BREAKING: GENERAL ELECTION CALLED MY PM

Teresa May has called for a General Election to be held on June 8th this year.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixed-term_Parliaments_Act_2011
legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2011/14/pdfs/ukpga_20110014_en.pdf
telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/04/27/the-european-union-always-was-a-cia-project-as-brexiteers-discov/
youtube.com/watch?v=8iwBM_YB1sE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tbh the majority will only increase

why tho

Labor are bottom tier right now, Tory already ruling, UKIP prolly hated more than it was, not that it matters much....what gives?

6 weeks!

>bor are bottom tier right now, Tory already ruling, UKIP prolly hated more than it was, not that it matters much....what gives?
The conservatives will win themselves a majority so big that it could be 2/3ds of the parliament

the others should shoot her down. she's only doing it cus she's up in the polls now, and why wouldn't she be? you're smack in between scheduled GEs. the other parties aren't trying to peak their appeal right now. Why should the tories be rewarded for having elected a shitty leader (Cameron)?

it's out of order profiteering, and if you go against it you're going to be labeled a coward when in reality you're just upholding the order that has been agreed upon.

quick rundown plox?

>Screencap this Corbyn for PM and Salmond for deputy in a coalition. Uuuge turnout of young voters who failed to stop brexit and are now hoping to teach the tories a lesson.

she's asking parliament for a new genereal election to be run six weeks from now. formally to make sure she has mandate for brexit negotiations. if that was what she meant to do she should have done it long ago. now it just so happens she's ahead in the polls by a lot, likely spurred on by shit like the Gibraltar story. it's ugly business.

> Labour and SNP (Scottish party) criticising the deal the tories have established with the EU on Brexit
> May decides to call for election so that both parties can prove they have a better plan if they get elected
> in reality, people are just going to vote for the Tories again
> another five years of May

why the fuck is she doing this

the establishment might cheat the vote

> another five years of May

Because the other parties are complete shite. The Tories are the only party even remotely capable of running a country. There's not much choice.

quite possibly because it's right in between elections and you generally plan to have a presentable option for when the election is scheduled

>it's out of order profiteering, and if you go against it you're going to be labeled a coward when in reality you're just upholding the order that has been agreed upon.
The problem with this statement is that the UK has irregularly scheduled elections. Sometimes they go 4 years, sometimes they go 10 years. There seems to be an expectation that an election only ever be called when the ruling party is in a position of weakness in the polls and, thus, virtually guaranteed to lose. I see nothing wrong with calling an election from a position of strength and reasserting your agenda before the parliament as the mandate of the people.

True. Others may choose to form a coalition but even at that, labour is ded and SNP is a meme at this point.

>ugly

Hey Sven, go lick some Arab sperm out of Anna, she appreciates how tender you are in doing that.

Labour haven't been a presentable option for a decade.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixed-term_Parliaments_Act_2011

This will mean when they win that Labour will finally elect a presentable leader. That will mean trouble for the Tories.

They should have just rode this all out until the next general election in 2020 was scheduled.

Vote Conservative, boys.

yfw the Tories gamble and lose and Labour sweeps the country and Comrade Corbyn ushers in 1000 years of British Communism

is the SNP kill lads? I hate those cunts

What the fuck britbongs

Why can you just call reelections whenever you feel like it?

wouldn't mind if he got the trains back desu

That act does not prohibit calling elections in less than 5 years. It sets a maximum term, but not a minimum term.

If they had passed a law stating that elections must be held every 5 years and only every 5 years, I would agree with you.

>The problem with this statement is that the UK has irregularly scheduled elections

What are you talking about? We've had the Fixed Terms Parliament Act since 2011.

legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2011/14/pdfs/ukpga_20110014_en.pdf

Cant tell if shilling or not
Conservatives dont care for the country at all, why is UKIP not the frontrunner on here?

this

>Early parliamentary general elections
Hmm...

Too bad Corbyn has that commie cult of personality. He's going nowhere.

GIVE YOUR ENERGY TO MAKE THE SNP LOSE SEATS

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

KEK AGREES, FUCK THE SNP

>why is UKIP not the frontrunner on here?
UKIP was just a meme party putting on pressure leaving the EU. and you live in a FPP system meaning if you don't vote tory then it really is a waste

I expect labour to win and Brexit being cancelled.

Why?
Because the EU is a CIA project and they won't let you off that easily. I hope I'm wrong, though.

telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/04/27/the-european-union-always-was-a-cia-project-as-brexiteers-discov/

I'm voting for trump

So when is the current Parliament gonna be dissolved? Can't be too long, can it?

elections under budget and ahead of schedule when will you yanks learn

I am actually not happy with this at all

At least Corbyn can fuck off after this and labour can rebuild.

Praise kek

How do your elections work? Do you just schedule them and agree 'yes, that will work for me'?

The Conservatives' polling numbers suggest we're going to back to Tony Blair era of domination. Expect them to win 400+ seats and pretty much get a pass on every single Brexit policy.

I'm wondering something. Why is UKIP doing 10-15% in the polls like before the brexit, even though a hard brexit is confirmed?

What can UKIP bring more to the actual situation?

>Democracy is a lie
>We can choose between Teresa May, and old seadog, some other guy in a yellow tie
>Its no choice
>Conservatives are going to win again

every 5 years, usually

So...

Tories to increase majority, Labour to get wiped out and Corbyn finished, Libs small gains, SNP to basically own Scotland

Surely a bigger Tory majority is good news for Hard Brexit?

>This will mean when they win that Labour will finally elect a presentable leader

lmao the labour party membership is now made up of Corbynites because of all the new people he got to join. They're gonna stick around and hopefully elect another crazy leftist who will be unelectable.

This!
Who here's voting Labour?

>Labor are bottom tier right now
And they'll be even worse after the re-election.

She is the establishment. The Tories literally dominate politics.

Holy shit this is the greatest move the conservative party has made, turning a bunch of die hard labor supporters to the conservative party based solely on the EU referendum vote, I reckon they could easily get over 50% individual votes basing this election solely on the referendum.

Quick rundown on her
-Rothschilds bow to Theresa May
-In contact with aliens
-Possesses psychic-like abilities
-Controls UK with an iron but fair fist
-Owns castles & banks globally
-Direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line
-Will bankroll the first cities on Mars (Teresagrad will be be the first city)
-Owns 99% of DNA editing research facilities on Earth
-First designer babies will in all likelihood be Maybies
-Said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & Area 51
-Ancient Indian scriptures tell of an angel who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of hard brexit and unprecedented trade deal progress with her
-owns Nanobot R&D labs around the world
-You likely have Teresabots inside you right now
-Teresa May is in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Orthodox Church. Who do you think set up the meeting between the pope & the Orthodox high command (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged the Orthodox leader’s first trip to Antarctica in history literally a few days later to the May bunker in Wilkes land?
-She learned fluent French in under a week
-Nation states entrust their gold reserves with her. There’s no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. May
-Teresa May is about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
-In reality, she's a timeless being existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know her ultimate plans yet. We hope she's a benevolent being.

newfag detected

Hahahahahaha labor btfo

>Bongistan politics are so shitty that they have to hold elections every six months

You faggots used to rule the world. What went so fucking wrong?

>How do your elections work? Do you just schedule them and agree 'yes, that will work for me'?
For the better part of the past century, elections were held whenever the majority looked weakest at the demand of the minority. This meant elections could be held mere months apart or 10 years apart. In 2011, they reduced the maximum to 5 years, as previously mentioned in the thread, but no minimum was set.

The problem here is that the minority can still demand an irregularly scheduled election if they see the majority in a sudden position of weakness, either because of a scandal or recession or anything else. Scandals disappear after a few short weeks and recessions scarcely last more than a year, but when only 1 year into a "5 year term", the minority can still call for an election before the majority has the chance to resolve it and put it behind them.

The minority see snap elections as an opportunity to cut into the majority's number of MPs at the perfect time of crisis. If we're going to accept this as legitimate, so to we logically must accept it legitimate for the majority to call a snap election at a time of strength to increase their majority and reassert their agenda before wavering members of the parliament.

>u

Too much effort my man

Too much damn effort.

Fuck! I dumped my voting rights after the brexit vote.

>the other parties aren't trying to peak their appeal right now.

Actually a reason to do it. Fuck parties who completely "change" their opinion half a year before the election to gather votes with lies.
Now they are fucked and the vote will be cast based on what those parties actually represent, because it's way too soon to start a large propaganda campaign full of lies.

Labour are at an all time low.

Their recent legacy

>Blair's lap dog war shilling and mass immigration

>All but throwing the last election because they'd run out of money and ideas, so they put up Ed who just reeked of incompetence and insincerity

>And now they've morphed into the SJW party, with that base divided between the Greens and Libs also, with the working class increasingly siding with the Cons.

If they were a race horse they'd have been put out to pasture.

That's some cringey shit

Stop posting. You're embarrassing yourself.

>it's unfair because parties are only doing their job 20% of the time

>being this new

Now you Scottish try and get rid of your nationalist or be forever forgotten.

Corbyn must be shitting himself.

>They should have just rode this all out until the next general election in 2020 was scheduled.

>should have gone into the Brexit negotiations with a weakened position for political gain in the own country.

Brexit is too important for these kind of games desu

Our parliament could do the same. There's just no reason for them to do it because right now every single party in parliament wants the same anyway.

Is this for PM or parliament? Forgive my ignorance of British elections.

>Labor are bottom tier right now, Tory already ruling
Increase their majority. make it much easier to pass what they want

trying to get elected is only part of the job

I'M EXCITED!

Sweden, go home.

you should get elected based on what you are actually going to do, not based on the lies you tell half a year before the election

Go back to l e ddit.

Can you hide it?

For fuck sake, use google.

We don't elect a PM.

Are you going to loose control?

Is that a pointer sisters joke?

you know it doesn't work like that

>what you are actually going to do
depends entirely on your mandate. normally you'd have more than 6 weeks to formulate a position on what you're going to do. you're being childishsly idealistic, you know all these things.

>SNP to basically own Scotland
I reckon Lib-Dems might gain some ground up here, maybe not a seat, but definitely more votes

It is a general election. We choose a party and then they choose a leader if they are sensible conservative or the Union leaders choose a leader if the are fuckwit labour.

FUCK scotland

don't you propse an election parliament and then it's up to the MPs to decide? if so the minority can't just decide it's election time

>you know it doesn't work like that

Well, for this one they'll hardly have enough time to come up with a campaign of lies. Like it should be, even if it's not most of the time.

What for? What does she hope to achieve with this?

Got it. Thanks.

You asked for it!
youtube.com/watch?v=8iwBM_YB1sE

Highly populated, mostly english lowlands my dude, the only claim they have to our fucking land is their pishy accent.

Labour! Effective alternative! What a complete arse.

instead they have a majority party deciding to reroll parliament at a moment when they're ahead.

democracy will always be dirty, but it's at least fair to have a schedule

So.. our democracy confirmed to be a rather trivial game?

Your argument is basically that just because it's done morally wrong 99% of the time, it should be done morally wrong this time, too.

Instead they will get an actually fair election, where people vote on issues that are actually on the table rather than some carrot-on-a-stick shit that will never be implemented because they want to use it for the next election, too.

no, my actual argument is that it's highly improper for other reasons. it is in no way fair to just say "fuck it, right now is when we'll have our next election"

I can agree that it's unique and interesting but I certainly can not agree that it's good.

Have you been eating the blueberries. It has always been like that. I have never voted properly in a General election. I have lived in only deep blue parts of the UK so not my vote ever had any value.
May is fucking good politician. No matter you views this is an excellent bit of politics.

The Union breaking up is a really real (realer than they thought) threat. This is to weaken the SNP in Scotland and screw around with Norn Ireland whose parliament ground to a halt and leaned towards EU memberships/rejoining Eire.

The reality is, regardless of what polls are saying, they had to break the law last election to get a slim majority. This will also be about covering that up, several constituencies would have needed to re elect their MPs in the next few months otherwise.

This is not the ideal time for her to call an election. They haven't managed to redraw the constituency boundaries to their advantage yet.

If said young voters couldn't even turn out to vote against Brexit what makes you think they'll make any effort to stop it?

Brexit was not young against old. My own family was a 50/50 split. Far more countryside and city. It was London and Edinfucks that votes against.

That's so soon, I was expecting autumn but June? Not many weeks away at all. Holy shit! I personally think Mrs May has bottled it and lost her nerve a bit. I'm so conflicted. I want to vote Conservative but my heart says vote UKIP as a safety catch on that gun but still showing support for Brexit.

> Guess it's Vote UKIP!