On the 25th of this month the first of multiple carriers on their way to NK will arrive there

On the 25th of this month the first of multiple carriers on their way to NK will arrive there.
Chances are high that this will put the US in a position were a pre-emptive strike on NK gets much easier and more efficient, therefore more likely to happen.
For me this implies if Kim really wants to get the upper hand he will have to act BEFORE the US have put their chess pieces into position.
How likely do you think this scenario is? Will Kim just let the US prepare for a perfect attack run, or will he make the first move during the next week?

He needs to nuke California. Hitting la/hollywood will only be symbolic but it's the closest he could ever come to winning

Yes yes please help
please bring American aircraft carriers all in one place
please very much thank you

He can't nuke California, dumbass.
Doubt he can even nuke Japan.

best option would be invasion of Seoul and then hold it's citizens and infrastructure as a ''hostage'' while doing the negotiations/demands for peaceful solution

this does not sound too bad of a plan actually.

question is how he could do that. theoretically it would be enough to show he indeed CAN nuke Seoul by a spectacular nuclear test or smth?

Tread softly for you tread on my dreams

dunno' if it's even possible, but it would be ''send almost every soldier they have'' scenario, and all other choices would eventually end up in ''late abortion'' for Kim

>carriers on their way to NK will arrive

So? A carrier supplies fighter cover to its battle group. Its battle group consists mostly of destroyers. Guided missile destroyers. The most ineffective and expensive way to blow up a anything that happens to be a few hundred miles from water.

You are aware that Osan AFB is right there and can bomb them the additional seven or eight years back to the Stone age, right? And is been there for decades.

Carriers showing up anywhere is a power pantomime.

>tfw for the first time, if your enemy kills you, you win.
Please Kim, don't nuke LA, nuke the San Andreas fault line, so that you can also get Seattle and San Francisco in one fell swoop.

Suicide run by a sub could do it.
Or a smuggled nuke on a container ship.

One big distraction from Siria.
Nothing is actually going to happen.

What would be needed for a pre-emptive strike is ground forces, shitting fire on them from the sky is much less of a problem than moving battle ready joes around and we'll need quite a few for North Korea.

>yfw most nuke sites are in rural america

oops, well there is still chance that la and ny will get hit but the rest of america will get anal raped by comparison

It takes around 10 days for a cargo ship to travel from NK to Cali, He'd have to have sent it on a cargo ship already or move one very soon to get there before the american war ships.
Let's hope Jack Bauer can get there in time.

Ok, actually did not know that.

Why do you think the US would need ground forces?

>implying NK can hit the US
>implying their misiles don't blow up on launch or miss their targets
I was thinking more of loading a warhead into a cargo container and setting it off when it hits the port. Easiest way, there's probably one on its way right now

>dad loves hollywood
>inherit country
>destroy hollywood
>FUCK YOU DAD! YOU NEVER LOVED ME!

Nah, there's probably a tunnel under the DMZ leading to Seoul.

thanks for sharing your wisdom

Why do I think the US would need ground forces to defeat a million man infantry and hold it in case China decides to intervene? Should be obvious. And someone has to go up there and actually take Pyongyang etc.

>You are aware that Osan AFB is right there and can bomb them the additional seven or eight years back to the Stone age, right? And is been there for decades.
The scale of the NK army might require the carriers. If they rush with 2000 tanks covered by artillery it's going to rapidly become an issue trying to destroy them quickly enough. Even with shitty T-55s you still have to have enough weapons on hand if they get into Seoul with large amounts of infantry it will be a disaster even with 1960s era equipment.

nope,, those are just coal mines

and don't try to explain how they find coal in granite. (wiki: Third Tunnel of Aggression)

>there's probably a...
>on the most supervised and monitored land on the planet.

Protip: there could have been tunnels before there was a DMZ...

I'm hoping sooner than that, come on Kimmy just launch one missile please.

> (You)
>rush with 2000 tanks covered by artillery it's going to rapidly become an issue trying to destroy them quickly enough

Which you're going to do with boats?

Tomahawks? They do not generally do well against moving targets. (They do not generally do well against any targets, see Syria. But I digress.) Guns from the DDs? A bit far from shore, friend.

You take out tank columns with RPGs and A10s. But it's irrelevant because he's not rolling tanks anyway.