This is Kowloon Walled city. Say something nice about it, libertarians

This is Kowloon Walled city. Say something nice about it, libertarians.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EacVa0Ge1sM
youtu.be/dj_8ucS3lMY
archidose.org/KWC/
vimeo.com/58021754
hk-devblog.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Decent band.

Looks like paradise.

looks kinda comfy desu

>libertarians

Lolber city proved eastern nations can't into libertarian

The animated Ghost in the Shell used Kowloon as an inspiration for some of the cityscape scenes.

I visited HK about 9 years ago. It was nice to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. Being that close to everyone gives me the willies.

the people there were happy until the state decided they were wrong to be

proof that only white men are capable of living both freely and peacefully.

somalia is even better for proving this fact

>people actually know about the band

Nice.

Still better than housing in Seattle.

they get along pretty well

Fucking amazing it didn't all burn down

This would make for an amazing sandbox videogame

>SimShitty

If anything that's proof that a society can form and function even in the shittiest conditions without government intervention.

Entire PC game of Shadowrun:Hong Kong took place over there
I wish my neighbourhood was nice enough to have own vidya

lol

Just got back from HK

It's a messy shithole populated by the world's unhappiest anthive.

The people are rude and things are expensive.

Would not recommend.

>not running the shadows in Kowloon

fucking wageslaves

That's Blade Runner tier, I like it.

Looks comfy as fuck

It's gone

>organically grown to meet the needs of its residents
>safe and free from state control until the state deemed it intolerably so
paradise on earth unless you were a mad faggot

>safe
>dead people and junkies laying in the "streets"

Got that shit when it was featured on Waffles.fm (RIP)

>exposed piping and wiring everywhere

>just 12m2 per inhabitant
>constant plane traffic at very low altitude
>paradise on earth
dude

The roads look nice.

In any libertarian society there will be an initial die off due to safety hazards as the market works itself out and the market setes. The NAP will eventually make sure only the best survive in the market to provide services leading to an overall safer spciety.

Compared to where I grew up in the 93, it looks like a social paradise.

I really liked the idea of multiple use for a single space. Apparently they had spaces that were childcare centres by day and strip-clubs by night.

The easy-to-wipe-down seats were useful for both it seems.

It's THE inspiration for a lot of Cyberpunk aesthetics. It's like asking the American Founding Fathers to shit on Roman architecture.

Libertardians posting here are so retarded, they make one wonder whether they're real people or Soros bots

Well, the fact that it was built up by a bunch of random squatters into a goddamn city and that it managed to last decades with minimal to no government is pretty damn impressive.

>proof
if you were a newfriend to the walled city i suppose that would be a hazard. if you were local it wasn't a thing.

plane traffic would only be tiresome if you were relaxing on the roof, inside the structure was dense enough to negate it. also Hong Kong, 12m2 isn't much smaller than the average today.

Someone is developing a game where you're a cat visiting Kowloon

>water dripping into your room is just fine
>people constantly walking through your apartment to get around is totally okay
>paradise

faggot

>plane traffic would only be tiresome if you were relaxing on the roof
No it wouldn't. it absolutely wouldn't if we are talking about transcontinental flights and freight planes, which is what transited arround there.
Living close to a train station is already considered dangerous since it prevents you from getting into full sleep cycles due to the noise, just imagine what would happen with an airport that is about ten times louder.

Post moar pictures, you cucks

At least they don't need roads.

It was a fun level in black ops 1

>if you were relaxing on the roof
how much deluded are you? lol
typical anarchist kiddo

t.chink

>water dripping into your room is just fine
you would just barter with the handyman to patch and plaster over whatever leaks might occur if you were living on the penthouse or sub penthouse floors. no big deal.
>people constantly walking through your apartment to get around is totally okay
ok here you're overstating it. yes you had to walk through complete buildings to access other ones, but that didn't necessarily involve going through individual units.
people are resilient and adaptable creatures. unless you were ont he roof it would eventually become imperceptible white noise. if not, it's a small price to pay for the freedom you were allowed.
libertarian, not anarchy. as much as it might look anarchistic to you, there was order and it was safe enough to keep attracting people until it was condemned.
t.faggot

Where did you grow up desu?

Why the fuck would the worlds biggest globalist try to propagandize on behalf of liberty.

Go to bed achmed, then deport yourself back to Erdogan's dictatorship

Its called unsubsidized affordable housing

this tbqhwyf

not sure what it is about worn down cities and apartment complexes

It's because they look like places people actually live in, rather than shoot Friends episodes in.

Immigration officer was a bitch. The locals were nice though

t. flip on vacation

>unless you were ont he roof it would eventually become imperceptible white noise
Not it wouldn't.
t. lived near a fucking train station and moved because it was becoming a serious threat to my health, has lost most of my hearing, has tinnitus and will probably be deaf at 40-50
>for the freedom you were allowed
Which is?
Not paying taxes, and that's about it.
Freedom is relative to the possibilities your environment and circumstances give you, and in this case you were mostly free to smoke opium and not pay taxes.

I don't see any niggers.

My only regret was not going inside when I was young

... it was :^)

>letting people die so that muh NAP will eventually fix the problem

Some media of when the place existed before the teardown.

youtu.be/EacVa0Ge1sM

A more glamorized version from the WSJ

youtu.be/dj_8ucS3lMY

Some sites regarding it.
archidose.org/KWC/
vimeo.com/58021754

>Hong Kong
>libertarian
ok lol
only a top-tier cuck like a Kraut would come up with such low quality baits
btw
>This was Kowloon Walled city
FIFY
Consider not coming as a punk beggar next time

um they tore that down ages ago

Just like anime

>t. lived near a fucking train station and moved because it was becoming a serious threat to my health, has lost most of my hearing, has tinnitus and will probably be deaf at 40-50
that sucks and i'm glad you moved, hopefully somewhere quieter where you can acclimate. but i have to say people have a wide range of individual tolerances and means at their disposal to deal with such headaches. it had to have been so because people stayed till the very end.
>Freedom is relative to the possibilities your environment and circumstances give you,
you're exactly right, and people did there. if you wanted to open a brothel, daycare center, dentistry office, small factory you were free to do so and people did with many other business ideas. it wasn't just one giant opium den. you are limiting your imagination for the sake of arguement.

Honestly it's not bad, but it's never going to be as comfy as brutalist cities.

I'm looking for the Yellow Head Building.

Can you tell me which way the Yellow Head Building is.

I'm looking for a man named Yuanda Zhu.

Somalia isn't an anarchist state...

plenty of cheap sex workers.

It makes for a sweet video game fps.

>walled city
>no walls
step it up

other than the facade, that's as sterile as any other rectangular apartment/condo box.
thank you for these

Uhhh.... It was a city. Yep, sounds about right.

It was actually the primary design influence for Kaineng City in Guild Wars: Factions.

best HK area for prostitutes

He's not calling Hong Kong libertarian, just Kowloon

There's plenty more where they came from but the file size limit is getting in my way. They're from 'City of Darkness - Life in Kowloon Walled City', if you're curious.

The red lettering really stands out

no problem, thanks again, i will look it up. have been looking for these

Got a download link?

"93" means Seine Saint Denis, well known to be full of commie block ghettos infested by muslims. I was in La Courneuve.

>City of Darkness - Life in Kowloon Walled City

Got a place where they're all accumulated or where you found it yourself?

The physical book's a beast to get in print these days.

Tremendous use of space. Probably quite easy to pick up unwashed poontang. Good for photo journalism.

>when the population influx is so potent that it starts brain draining the retarded statists so they bulldoze it
whats the best defense against bulldozers for next time? tacical nukes?

was fun in blops

Ma Ma is in Peach Trees

>wizchan

Sup homie

yeah, looks like another of those walking simulators, pretty cool atmosphere tho
hk-devblog.com/

Damn, that was an interesting read. Thanx for the info, always wondered what living there was like.

KEKed and checked

we have a game center build to look like kowloon,
it's pretty cool

pic reminds me of Megaton from Fallout 3

that looks pretty dope

It may look pretty rank on the outside, but I'm sure it very comfy inside desu.

pretty cool indeed