A lot of my friends are excited for the March for Science this weekend. Because they're all very liberal...

A lot of my friends are excited for the March for Science this weekend. Because they're all very liberal, this leads me to believe this will be a moronic event of degeneracy. Am I wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

marchforscience.com/mission-and-vision/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They are promoting LGBT, transphobia and other non-science related libtard actions. Its not a march for science and will have nothing to do with science. At best theyll condemn trump for not supporting the pseudo science of "climate change".

Most likely it'll be a bunch of leftist retards RPing as "I luv science xDDDD" and turning it into a blumpf btfo protest. I can assure you, most people involved are ignorant and don't know shit about science.

See this.

Dude Zimbabwe LMAO science proves the gay gene and that conservative r dumb LOLOLOLOL

Evolution is real but racial/gender differences are not, we reject Christian theology but still hold to psudeo egalitarian Christian morality.

This is really just an effort by scientists to recruit more young students into science. Science needs students to pay tuition fees and work as graduate student slaves. Else the system will collapse.

Your friends are just being brainwashed by the science meme. Anyone that has worked in science knows what a fucking mess it is.

What is it they're marching for?

Are they protesting funding cuts for governemnt-funded scientists?

>March for science
but it's April

Depends
Science really isn't liberal or conservative based. Simply factual. For instance, because human embryologists are the format experts in the subject, when they determine that the earliest form of human life is a fertilized egg that has implanted on the uterus, it's not because of any right leaning, it is literally that at that point the separate entity inside the mother displays enough characteristics to be human life.

So op, the march for science is actually about science where biologists and actual doctors are coming out for a walk or is it about psuedo science where Bill Nye apologists are going to proclaim the science is settled on any given subject they like the outcome for?

Why would a scientist want to go for a walk under the banner of anti-scientific agitators?

Does anybody have that comic of a guy cheering science for all the liberal causes (global warming, vaccines, etc.) but then going "nu-uh" when science says GMOs are safe?

faggot that shit is social science the march ,if you think this is something good for science in general you are a retard
also this

Trump is pro nasa and pro science.

Someone should get on to trump to pass a law that all publicly funded research should be available to the public. It's a no brainer and free to implement.

Literally only the stock holders of the publishing companies will lose out.

It's /sci/: the mach. So you know it has nothing to do with science but liberal bitching instead.

>denying biology is science
ok

Exactly what does any of that have to do with STEM

That's what I'm asking, is this march going to be for psuedo scientists or actual scientists?

> They think that these fall into STEM categories

:|

>Am I wrong?
no

Its nothing more than begging for more money because they blame the boogeyman Trump

marchforscience.com/mission-and-vision/

Yes goy (((gmos))) are safe. Trust (((science)))

>teehee gender is a social construct
>shitlords, my weight is due to genetics

Take a wild guess, most scientists are to busy in actual science to virtue signal

Scientists:
>Everything is causal.
>The universe came into being spontaneously.

I might go with pro human/robot marriage signs. I have a feeling it'll cause some triggering

I think it's a good sign that the climate science farce is losing traction and public support finally. Things like that are always a final nail

>we can't accept a theory unless it is falsifiable and can be empirically verified
>multiverse theory
This is why I don't take (((scientists))) seriously anymore

If you can't see the error in your logic then you have brain problems.

This is called Scientism. These are the people who will also deny cancer is absolutely curable with interstitial lymphatic stagnatory cleansing mechanisms and strategies such as extended grape juice fasts with heavy potent herb use and many other things of the like. Subhuman fucking trash. These people ignore all the racial stats and everything. Fuck them.

It's sad it works as long as it does almost every single time though. We should have already run out of oil about eight times, and we should have also been through an ice age already.

It's like a doctor will always give you a more harsh diagnosis than is actually the case. Instead of actually telling you that you might have five years to live, they are more likely to tell you two years. Climate scientists are the same way, their projections are always somewhat catastrophic so as to induce action. In some cases, the climate people have given an outright incorrect diagnosis however (ice age projections in 70s).

After crying wolf so many times, they shouldn't be surprised when people doubt them.

I'm curious, can you point out the error? Why is it that only finely-tuned universes can pop into existence from nothing?

I still remember AL Gore claiming the ice caps would be gone by 2015. So either
>climate science is highly unreliable
>our environmental measures prevented the ice caps from melting

I think the error is that scientists entire worldview is causal yet the existence of the universe itself denies causality.

The issue lies in the application of the finite rules of the causal physical world, to metaphysical questions. As the buddhists would say, you are conflating things of the world with things of the mind.

>Everything is causal.
>The universe came into being spontaneously.

Causal - something happens because it was caused to happen

Spontaneous - occurs without external stimulus

Universe - all existing space, time, matter, energy, and everything

Now that we've got some basic definitions out of the way, it should be simple to see why this argument is retarded. By definition, everything that happens in or to the universe is spontaneous because there is not and cannot exist external forces. If spontaneity is the qualifier for the ridiculousness of the big bang theory, then following that logic to its conclusion, absolutely everything that happens in the universe is unbelievable, including forming of planets, evolution of life, and every single action that you have personally witnessed.

This is exactly what annoys me the most. The left claims to love science so fucking much, yet they get all of their info from facebook HEADLINES. They don't even take the time to read the full articles.
And then they bring that shit to arguments, get BTFO, and then resort to raising their voice and calling us bigots.

They also lie and fudge all stats.

why does science need a march if its true?

>tfw they try to make science an emotional thing

I assume it's like how NPR told me the science was settled and then a few years later told me Al Gore had just donated all this money to science to help prove global warming.

It's a march for the Science section of the New York Times, i.e. climate science, sociology, evolutionary psychology, NPR.

Senpai, are you unironically stating that
everything in the universe happens spontaneously? Causality is one of the fundamental foundations of science.

lel I was listening to NPR the other day. It was a program showcasing art for the sake of art. So of course the host wasted air time ranting with his guest about Trump's variety of mental illnesses.

Then he admitted all of NPR was basically a hippie commune of a few dozen people all saying the same things. And the guest said wow she'd sure like to join that compound!

You'd think with so many people wanting to live in the Kibbutz they wouldn't need to push it on everybody else so hard.

Spontaneous does not mean without cause. It means self-caused.

>When the chimes end, check my privilege, Colonel... just try...

Leftists believe science, like the monolithic entity comprising all fields and studies, is literally under threat of censorship and denial because Republicans hold the highest offices in the land.

its total bullshit

t. Chemist ph.D that got invited to join this because linkedin links me to complete degenerate third tier social "scientist"

They march in one direction, so march in the other one.