How do you feel about mandatory military service Sup Forums ?

How do you feel about mandatory military service Sup Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6qN7QSq9d50
youtube.com/watch?v=7F1EoCusaNY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bad idea. The military only needs people who want to be there and want to do an excellent job. Forcing people to do it will lead to an inefficient force of short-timers counting the days until their release. It might work for counties who don't go to war, but not for the U.S.

Many years ago, ROTC was mandatory for all male freshmen attending college. It did help build character. It was also excellent exercise. Some kids stuck with it and decided to pursue careers in the military. Others finished out their time and just finished their degrees.

Now most universities are liberal circle jerks.

I'm not opposed to every young man and woman doing at least 8 weeks of basic training after they graduate high school, not because I enjoy the martial lifestyle, but because basic training knocked the chip off my shoulder, giving me a sense of discipline that has stayed with me well into civilian life. Most things just aren't that bad knowing you won't be dragged outside and exercised when you fuck up

I'll tell you this:

Countries with mandatory military service DO NOT suffer from demented liberalism and laziness.

I think this might be the GUARANTEED path to having a based nation, now that I think about it.

Fun as fuck.
I wish I could go back ;_;
Best 6 months of my life.

I'mma fill this thread with Army Spurdo now.

>mandatory death sentence for the expansion of Israel

You tell me.

Alright with it, but offer the option of civil/national service as well for those that would prefer it. Anything that fosters social cohesion is alright.

i think you are onto something. Politicians that start war should do miltary service first.

find it strange they sit behind a desk signing paperwork while people go fight and die for their idiotic political agenda

Shitty idea.

>mandatory military service

JUST KEK MY SHIT UP

If you're a cuck.

>Venus spurdo
I never knew that I wanted this so much until now

>what is Greece?
Read a book you fucking fat cunt

2 year conscription mandated to 18 year olds would be a great thing.

I am all for it!

who is this toddler?

We need national service back. Keeps our chavs and niggers in order. We could send the latter to the frontlines to act as meat shields like Americans did in Vietnam (based).

Only for the summer before college starts after seniors graduate. It would be a good way for men to get some work experience before school or the real world, and would be a good way to get fatty off the games and couch for 12 weeks. The one asside I would make would be to organize it by high school GPA. Don't need inner city nigs bullying future engineers and lawyers. Those super smart kids can also take special courses that involve advance military things like learning to operate tanks or aircraft to attract high skill soldiers.

This, encourage basic life skills in the training and we might be able to turn things around

maybe not active duty unless they want it
just mandatory reserves training

i agree, serving in the army really knocked the last bit of degeneracy out of my system after high school
all of my friends just fucked off to switzerland, but i had a higher duty to fulfill

should be instated, but it would be very expensive and probably not within most countries' current military budget, espacially germany "pay denbts", the non cooperative NATO member

A shit idea in a country as large as the US
>Unbelievably massive burden on taxpayers
>Even bigger burden on military infrastructure; DFACs, all the services required that are filled by DoD Civvies, equipment, training, etc, etc, etc.
>The post-service benefits that are funded by (you guessed it): taxes
>Overall quality of units go down because you have a fuckton of people who don't want to be there
>The "2 years" bullshit is literally just enough time for PVT Snuffy to finish AIT, and get out before even hitting the Army; idk about the other branches.

sometimes it's the best choice

great memes, finny

>suomi

I don't want to therefore no. would be a waste of my time anyway

Always tickles me how despite our cultures vary across the world only one thing is certain, the military experience NEVER changes

This is the last of the translated ones I have.
Have a song too.
youtube.com/watch?v=6qN7QSq9d50

Look at this map and tell me which countries are the most anti-Nationalist.

You'll find your answer in one simple pattern.

I think mandatory boot camp in high school is more feasible.

IMHO, countries with conscription tend to have a lower quality soldier.

No.

Democrats are bigger warmongers than establishment republican neo-cons. At least the neo-cons let us win, democrats use war as an excuse for population control.

It's no coincidence congress passed compulsory female enlistment in the draft right before the election, they were expecting Hillary to win and start a war with Russia to get as many Americans killed as possible.

Oh, and I did have this one too.
It is kinda sad tho.

I am not an expert. However I think it is a good idea. It would help fitness and give us a sense of fraternity.

It depends on what it is you want to achieve.

If you're a neutral country, then it makes a great deal of sense. You have a pre-determined level of manpower to enforce your border and provide a capacity higher and wider than your police, but you don't send them abroad. They serve close to their homes on easy terms and will never see combat. See: Finland, Austria, Switzerland etc.

If you have anything resembling a foreign policy, then it really is a bad idea. France scrapped it because they had a two tiered military and that is not something you want. Britain abandoned it by 1960, despite them performing excellently, because our foreign policy changed and we had enough volunteers to carry on doing as we did. The US scrapped it after the Vietnam War, despite the overwhelming majority of Vietnam servicemen being volunteers. The association was that bad.

Is a form of service after education a good idea? Yes, but it doesn't have to be the military. Make it one of the options, but open up every part of the public sector and pay the same across the board.

It wouldn't, though. It takes near enough 40 weeks to train an Infantryman. It was hard enough with the ones who wanted to be there, so all you would get from the ones forced to do it are issues. That, and the amount of medical exemptions and other excuses would be unreal.

Thanks Pekka.

No problem Sven.

do you actually have to yell "gunshots"?

Been there, done that. Very good two years of my life, really. We're not at war tough, so I knew I wouldn't die.

lol than they couldn't refuse me. checkmate asshole recruiter who said i couldn't join because I have a neck tattoo.

>Czech rep
>Poland
>Hungary

All of our countries are based with no conscription. Two days back our interior minister literally told the EU we accepted 12 refugees and we will not accept any more.

However I agree it should be mandatory.

BENIS :DDDD

They were quality famalam

>My fucking sides

I hated every second of it. I always though it was a time of my life I'll never get back....

However, I learned shooting and basic Military Tactics I wouldn't have learned otherwise. Today, with Niggers and Goatfuckers flooding my Country that knowledge might save my life and those of People dear to me. Only now, I understand how valuable those 11 Month of mandatory military service (Grundwehrdienst = Basic Defence Service) have been.

>giving people who probably hate your country military training

Would have done me a lot of good.

During the first exercises, yes.
After the first few weeks, we start using dummy rounds for general exercises, and live ammo for firing range exercises and some of the camp exercises. Any time live ammo is involved, regulations are strict as fuck.
One retard from my company got his live ammo taken from him when he took shelter in a bunker in a position where the rifle's barrel pointed towards his head.

They also count the ammo they give you very carefully. Too many incidents where people sneak ammo off.

>asshole recruiter who said i couldn't join because I have a neck tattoo.

The fact that you have any tattoos means your a degenerate who Hitler would have executed. Kys you thug nigger.

dude in 30x26 jeans and they still bunch up
haha

nazi haircuts don't make you tough dude lol

Thanks for the spurdos

Wait, you guys have forced conscription for women as well?

Maybe if I went into the military I'd have a better sense of discipline and be a stronger person

manletory military service.

Maybe you should join the military then?

No.
Women can join the army if they want, but have no legal obligation to do so.
Whereas men have to join the army or do civil service, and if they refuse to do either, they will be sent to jail.

Much Equality :DDDD

>Poltard unironically think spending 1 year runnin, eating fish and making cubes from snow benefits the people
SAD

I can't because I have little sense of discipline and I am not a strong person

I've considered it but I have bad asthma. What can I join with that in mind?

most of Pol would wash out because they cant function in social groups

Sure. Grab a shovel and play minecrift irl

Does the American military accept every American citizen who applies?

Also what's the pay?

youtube.com/watch?v=7F1EoCusaNY

It seems like a good idea on the face, but keep in mind you may be training commies as well. Antifa are annoying enough as is, I wouldn't want to train them.

Before you fags start spouting off about how it'll fix them, remember who the Dallas shooter was.

Sorry Ivan, I mean for my own country.

Fully support it, gives generation after generation the right mindset for life, too many are far too sheltered these days

Jew tactics to easily control de army and then make coups. There's a reason why only the communist party fought for the obligatory military service in Portugal.

It won't accept you if you're disabled or unable to serve of course. I know in Canada during WW2 everyone deemed unable to serve would get a medal for attempting to sign up regardless.

Pay is shit, VA is shit, it's pretty shit.

>Have you served?
>No, but othes must coz i said so

Filters out the least intelligent who cand dodge through uni or buy it into an underclass of society.

USMC didn't take conscripts and Oswald was a more than willing volunteer.

There's a good third of the US military that, as far as I could tell, were only there to make up the numbers. They would do incredibly simple or even pointless roles, that would be a small part of someone's job in any other military. I wouldn't call it welfare but I struggled to see where else they would find work.

Fortunately for the USA, the other 2/3 were more than capable.

I support it regardless, if i had to then sign up for a few years i would still support it

>You have to pay, not to serve
>intelligent

wow.

Your army being shit tier doesn't mean that conscription sucks everywhere.
It just means that like everything else in Russia, your conscription just happens to be shit.

I would prefer to have competent coworkers who want to be there, which is hard to find even with voluntary enlistment

>suffer from demented liberalism and laziness.

Stupid fallacy.
Coutries that have it arent the first world countries and thus dont have first world problems.

>this man stands on a stool and reaches up to punch your GF in the ass
what do

The reality of it is that you would end up with exactly the same people that would have joined in the first place, except you'll be spending a lot more money on them. All the ones you're attempting to fix, using HM Forces as a form of social care, will just refuse or cause trouble until they're thrown out.

It is not the job of the military to make up for the failures of parents, schools and other social worker types. It would never work, anyway.

I think mandatory service (3months-2years) for males is good.

>I support it regardless
As expected.

For it.
You shouldn't be considered a citizen till you do.

But your point was invalid?

Should I participate in ROTC if I won't be able to complete all 4 years?

You only say so, coz youve never spent a day in army.
Do you even know what its like to shit when they tell you to do so?

It worked when we had a vast Empire to police as it gave us tens of thousands of men a year to do it with, but right now we don't need that and as such we'd just shaft the Army (who would get the bulk of them, as they did last time) with idiots who wouldn't want to be there.

The acceptance rate, from applications made to soldiers attesting (that's before you start training, even) is something like 1 in 5. Overweight, unfit, criminal record, medical issues, can't be arsed and all sorts of other things and those are the ones that apply. It would be no better from the bulk of the population.

Meanwhile you've got young fit lads queuing round the corner to join the Army, but are frustrated by the already moronic and long winded joining process.

FINNSKI GO TRANSLATE MORE MEMES

I disagree, in my view if your parents fucked you up in the head you should still be given the right to make something better of yourself.

>Staying 1 to 2 years cleaning the floor and peeling potatoes
>when at the age 18-20 you could be on the market learning a trade or trying to start a business

Fuck off with your discipline bullshit; if you cant discipline yourself no amount of push up will discipline you

On the other hand forming part of a national/state militia and doing grup training some days durring the month is a good idea

>Meanwhile you've got young fit lads queuing round the corner to join the Army, but are frustrated by the already moronic and long winded joining process.

I agree with you here

Whole family is of military background. Dad basically raised my brothers and I to join. So yea. Gearing up to join soon as well.