/GA-6/ Special Election: Polls are closing edition

Georgia user here. I'm a political junkie that will be closely watching the results for the GA-6 special election that will be released.

Result links:
>decisiondeskhq.com/results/georgia-6th-congressional-district-ga06-special-election-primary/
>results.enr.clarityelections.com/GA/67317/Web02-state/#/
>1st link is from the usual results site while the 2nd link is from the SOS office

Ballotpedia entry:
>ballotpedia.org/Georgia's_6th_Congressional_District_special_election,_2017

DecisionDeskHQ analyst with Cuckfeed on Periscope:
>pscp.tv/w/1BdGYPZeDmYKX

Not sure how many people will be interested in this compared to the ongoing events, but I'll be available to answer questions.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/elections/results/georgia-house-special-election-district-6
decisiondeskhq.com/results/georgia-6th-congressional-district-ga06-special-election-primary/
sfexaminer.com/all-eyes-on-georgia/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Will the Republicans win?

so isnt the democrat basically a nobody getting propped up by donors

A candidate has to win a simple majority in order to win the seat. If nobody reaches that threshold, then the top two candidates will go through a runoff election in June.

Based on the polls (and online discussion), many people don't believe that Jon Ossoff will reach that threshold tonight. The 11 GOP candidates will be reduced to 1 GOP candidate that the whole party can unite behind.

Basically, millions in donations for Ossoff has come from outside the state.

Thanks, user. Fingers crossed Cuckoff doesn't win.

Update: Although the polls closed at 7 PM, I heard a bit in the live stream that some results in Cobb County(?) won't be released until 8 PM. 20 minutes after the polls closed we have yet to see any results.

I live in District 6. Shit has been the most cuck infested try-hard shit I have ever seen. Nignugs knocked on my door 3 fucking times in a week.

UPDATE: Results are rumored to come in within 20 to 30 minutes. These will be absentee and early voting ballots in Cobb County to be released.

bumping this thread. Very interested in this.

The good thing is that Democrats will have wasted millions trying to elect a meme candidate. The bad thing is that the shitfest won't be over until June (most likely). I live in District 8 and have been getting my fair share of texts and emails from the NRCC.

ITT: Salty rural Georgians who don't like that the successful counties are voting against Daddy T. in proxy elections.

it should be illegal to fund state-level elections with money that comes from outside the state.

The US may be a republic, but each state is sovereign in its right to determine their own elections. I don't see how lefty billionaires in California should be allowed to send their pozzedbux into the southeast in an effort to rile up niggers and white guilt millennials for Democrat power

You have got to be fucking kidding me. Have you heard of the NRA?

I dunno what the perspective from 8 is, but I'm in 11 just outside of 6, and I dunno user. I think he has a stronger chance than you think. 6 is chock full of rich people with white guilt and liberal blacks. I wanna say Cobb went for Hillary, could be wrong.

aiyoo where the results? didnt polls close at 7?

WHERE MY FELLOW GEORGIANS AT

Results usually come out about an hour after polls close.

Or citizens united? Super PACs? Seriously, all political campaigns that are of this magnitude get out of state funding; both sides do it. Im not saying it's good, but it's a relevant topic that cannot be strained just against the party of most resistance.

In 4 to 8 years, all of Georgia might be a swing state, you know. This could just be a preview for you guys of what you have to look forward to once Trump's gone.

>Super PACs during a midterm or general elections affect that the majority of states is the same as pouring millions into one district of one state during a special election
>being a liberal apologist
>calling yourself a Georgian
shameful

No need to remind me, I already know user

Before y'all think the South is dying, what actually happened is Atlanta is booming and all the libtards from the Northeast came down and bought out all the real estate and then moved her.

That's why there is such an influx. It's disgusting.

Here is what will happen.
Ossoff won't get 50%
Will be defeated in June runoff and will lose by 10 points

It would be one thing if a non-Georgia citizen or business had business assets in the area, but it's really rough to see that around 6 out of the 8 million Ossoff has funded is from outside.

We just need to make sure he doesn't get a simple majority. I'm sure the GA GOP will get its shit together once there's a single party candidate.

One county will released at 8 PM, and the other two counties got delayed in releasing this hour. They are counting absentee/early voting right now and there being 18 candidates is likely slowing things a bit.

nytimes.com/elections/results/georgia-house-special-election-district-6

RESULTS ARE NOW LIVE!

Dekalb County has begun releasing their numbers. They are Democratic leaning so Ossoff numbers will be better while Cobb County will make his numbers worse off.

decisiondeskhq.com/results/georgia-6th-congressional-district-ga06-special-election-primary/

The early voting Dem areas come in first. Ossoff will be lucky to get 39% of the vote.

Bump for interest

I heard this district is really slow at counting ballots. Prepare to be here a while.

Why is this thread slow?
You would think it would be blinding speed

There's also a lot of liberal mobilization, and republicans dissatisfied with Trump as well

Marietta here.

I wish it would decide whether or not to fucking rain.

>Ossoff 71.6%

Are you Trumplets crying yet?

>mfw I didn't go vote due to finals

Ossoff is a mega cuck but I just couldn't today. He reminds me of Trudeau but more nerdy and less charismatic.

It's taking forever for the precincts to release the results, plus the Auburn events are still ongoing. Those results released were from half an hour ago.

> Jon Ossoff (Democratic) 63.4% 13,416

ITS OVER DRUMPKINS

boys im panicking, trump is in trouble

Update: Cobb County has begun releasing results. Keep in mind that Dekalb County leans left while Cobb County leans right (and Fulton County somewhat in between). We might see major fluctuations on Ossoff's numbers.

OH SHIIIIIIII

>less than 1% reporting
>99% of early voting to report before counties begin to report
thanks for playing

IT'S OVER DRUMPF IS FINISHED

>not using the real flag

>real flag

I gotchu senpai

~30% reporting and Ossoff is standing TALL at 62%. Try again DRUMPFkin.

delet this

Yep. Already cucked years ago.

>pic related

SWEAR UPON YOUR COUNTRY'S ALTAR

NEVER TO SUBMIT OR FALTER

TO ARMS! TO ARMS! TO ARMS, IN DIXIE!

They're both confederate flags, yes, but they're cucks for getting rid of the recognizable one.

FLY TO ARMS IN DIXIE
TO ARMS, TO ARMS
FROM DIXIE'S LAND
WE'LL ROUT THE BAND
THAT COMES TO CONQUER DIXIE

BTW, why does GA allow congressional candidates to run for office when they don't even live in the district?

It's just for one seat in the House of Representatives. Doesn't generate as much excitement as the presidential race, especially with memelord Donald at the front.

go back to plebbit, you double nigger

See Article 1, Section 2, Clause 2:
>No Person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained to the Age of twenty five Years, and been seven Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State in which he shall be chosen.

Technically, a House candidate only needs to be a resident of the state he's running in but not necessarily the district. If you're running for a district you should be a resident of it, but adding that requirement would require an amendment. There is the scenario where if the districts are redrawn and a congressman is now outside of his district, but otherwise it does leave a bad taste.

BWAHAHA
Drumpf is finished. This is going to happen all across the country

Guys the Jew democrat is falling fast!!

It'll happen next election. Our Hispanic population is exploding.

t. Roswell

Early votes looking good for fagoff come on election day republicans let's erase this.

Any Trump fans rooting for the Democrat here? Congress is fucking over Dear Leader more than anything. They need to be shaken up after Trump finishes solidifying the Supreme Court.

WHY IS THE DEMPOCRAT WINNING

WHAT THE FUCK

I THOUGHT DRUMPF WAS SUPPOSED TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

State law could require it. Here in Michigan it does.

States also had laws on the books establishing Congressional term limits and SCOTUS ruled it unconstitutional. For it to hold up legally, it has to be a constitutional amendment or it will eventually be struck down.

>Why is Cucksoff winning?

There's almost a dozen Republicans splitting the vote right now. He could get 49% of the vote while nobody gets even close to that and it'll still go to a runoff.

He's expected to get most of the vote tonight.

As long as it stops at that and he doesn't get to 50% then it's fine if not hello Rep.Cucksoff

say it with me:

"REPRESENTATIVE Jon Ossoff"

>yfw the GOP is complicit in splitting their own vote to give the dems a foothold in GA

Brings me back tbqh

Why did the Republicans run 4 fucking candidates?

4? try 11 only 4 get enough to pay attention to though.

It doesn't even matter. So long as he doesn't get over 51% then there will be a runoff vote.

If he gets 51% though, it'll be a hell of a bell wether for Republicans across the country. This seat has been solid red for decades, it's even Newt Gingrich's home riding.

They are just trying to prevent Ossoff from reaching 50%. If no one reaches 50% there is a runoff between the top 2 candidates.

FUCK OFF NIGGER SHILLblue

Ossoff is at 56% at 20% reporting, run-off seems possible, guys!

over 50% actually, but it looks like the most he'll get is 48-49%.

>20% reporting
>56.7%
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How much money did Soros, the DNC, et al pour into this? I have a feeling they are going to spend a record amount on the midterm elections.

Early voting always goes to Democrats

I think he raised like 7 or 8 million mostly out of state.

>Be Ossoff
>A literal nobody
>Somehow raise twice the amount of money as literally every other candidate combined (25% in state, 20% CA, 19% NY)
>Buy non-stop ads that don't state your political party

kek, this faggot is going to get destroyed in the run off and dems are going to waste tens of millions on him

With the runoff election in contigency, a vote for Ossoff will help while a vote for anyone else will hurt him. Strategically it doesn't matter as much if there were 5, 10, 15, or 18 candidates if only the top two will go to the next round. It was going to be difficult regardless for anyone to have pulled off a simple majority. The GOP candidates know that if they are in the top two tonight, that seat is theirs for the taking.

This is somewhat relevant, I'm moving to Macon in August. What should I expect?

>55.6%
IT ALL COMES TUMBLING DOWN

Fucking NOTHING

> and the walls....

Cool, I'll be able to focus on my studies then. I grew up in the middle of nowhere so I'll be used to it. Thanks.

Here's how sad this shit is.

sfexaminer.com/all-eyes-on-georgia/

>Rosenthal

??

Whats sad about that

all the way to hell...

So basically the South is dying.

KEK! Who is ready for salty lib tears on Twitter again?

Someone give me a quick rundown on what it means for the right if republicans lose this race?

First Virginia, then North Carolina, now Georgia. Every state will be blue eventually. Full of a bunch of mix raced drones, controlled by the juden.

I live near Macon. There are lots of blacks (and the crime from thugs n sheit), but north Macon is fairly nice. Are you going to study at Mercer?

WTF how is osoff losing!!!!!! CNN told me he was gonna be the proof of the growing anti-trump sentiment! YAMERO!!!!!!

>GA has somehow leapfrogged NC as the yankee infested self hating southern state

Charlotte's bad but it ain't Atlanta bad, thank god.

Alpharetta is pretty based user, we're all rich here with barred neighborhoods. We are all kinda full of poos and chinks though

>a mick pretending to know about voting trends in the heart of Dixie

Shouldnt you be helping your faggot pope fluff your new tanned asian neighbors?

Not really. Massive amounts of millenials are moving to Atlanta and Memphis/Nashville. The South is great, would recommend moving to KY/TN.

>forgetting about virginia
not even atlanta can top the cuckery of washington dc