Christian Alliance General

For Catholics, Coptics, Anglicans, Orthodox, and Protestants alike, we are all brothers and sisters in Christ.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i_c1sDurGmY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiping_Heavenly_Kingdom
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Believers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Heavenly father, please stop OP from being a faggot. May your holy electricity smite him. Amen.

Sage

>tfw can't make a /JudaismGeneral/ without stormfags taking it over so I have to hijack Christian threads
any Jews on here?

just go to the christian board on 8ch lol

I love Christ-chan!

Are you sure it's not occult?

DAE not LARPing and actually a Christian?

*gargling noise*
oh, anonghh i.. didn'thghhg heargh you.. ggeght bahghck

Religious generals should be banned. They typically have little to do with politics and/or current events.

OMFG - LOCK HER UP!!!

Jews are out in full force today I see

I'm interested in reading The Bible for the first time. I understand that there are lots of versions that have been published over time so I figured I'd ask here; what is the best version for me to get?

thanks in advance

If you can handle the old language, then King James Version is the best. If you're looking for something with a more modern language, then the NIV is decent. In any case you should try to also read the deuterocanonical books, whether you believe they are true or not it helps to know them, and they don't have any radical beliefs in them.

I hyped about Christianity growing in China. It's the fastest growing religion there, and it will eventually lead to many millions of extra Christians.

It may lead to a democratic/nationalist revolt against the Maoist government.

At least, it will create a large counterpoint to the global Muslim problem.

Your religion is a scam.
Your god does not exist.
Your priest is a liar.
And you are a fool.

Thank you. I'm pretty sure I've heard the King James version recommended in the past, so I'll get my hands on a copy of that. Believing word for word what I read is not important for me, I just want to learn more about the values Western civilisation was founded upon, form my own opinions and have a better understanding of something I'm not familiar with. Thanks again.

Catholics aren't Christian

Gid out.

Well, no, because you aren't in Communion with Christ since you aren't partaking in His Body and Blood.

T. Orthodox

Beest did warn yond by the timeth thee finish the kjv thee'll beest speaking fusty english all the timeth

English Standard Version is good, faith word for word translation.

Protestants eke taketh communion

No, they're outside Christ's Church.

How should I read it? My knowledge on this subject is extremely limited. Are there particular passages that should be read first/last? I get the impression that when The Bible is read, it is not in the most linear fashion.

>For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Doth thee deny the w'rds of christ knave?

>I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. I immediately ran over and said "Stop! Don't do it!"
>"Why shouldn't I?" he said.
>I said, "Well, there's so much to live for!"
>"Like what?"
>"Well ... are you religious or atheist?"
>"Religious."
>"Me too! Are you Christian or Jewish?"
>"Christian."
>"Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant?"
>"Protestant."
>"Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"
>"Baptist."
>"Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"
>"Baptist Church of God."
>"Me too! Are you Original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?"
>"Reformed Baptist Church of God."
>"Me too! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915?"
>"Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915!"
>To which I said, "Die, heretic scum!" and pushed him off.

T wouldst belike beest most wondrous if 't be true thee did start with the new testament, and then wend backeth to the fusty testament to seeth the prophesies and st'ries preceding the arrival of jesus

I imagine the guy who drew this mostly breathes through his mouth.

Nope, but the grace of God is everywhere yet through the Apostles it is shown to be through Sacraments which with grow closer to Christ with, through the Son to the Father, from the Father the Holy Spirit.
The Apostles did not administer Sacraments to those outside Christ's Church, aside from Holy Baptism, obviously.
The Apostles likely wouldn't recognize any Protestant Church, be able to Communion in a Protestant Church, and would rebuke Protestant doctrines. Protestants wouldn't allow the Apostles to Communion anyway.

I really want to go to an OCA church 20-30 minutes away, but there are like 20 Romanian Carpatho Russian Greek ones 5-10 minutes away. What do?

Sept 23 2017

youtube.com/watch?v=i_c1sDurGmY

Its happening

Greek ones usually are in English, RCA too. Why RCA? Both are great, but the RCA likely won't have pews, which apparently are found only in America lol.

>The Apostles did not administer Sacraments to those outside Christ's Church, aside from Holy Baptism, obviously.
>The Apostles likely wouldn't recognize any Protestant Church, be able to Communion in a Protestant Church, and would rebuke Protestant doctrines. Protestants wouldn't allow the Apostles to Communion anyway.
Thee maketh the rampallian'rtion yond protestants art outside of god's church with nay supp'rt to backeth t up

Hopefully that Christian revolt doesn't work out like it did the last time.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiping_Heavenly_Kingdom

They are disobedient charlatans for the most part. When Dad gets home, they'll have to explain themselves.

But yond is what maketh protestants diff'rent from the rest, those gents hark to nay one but father

I come a christian school. I like the morals, but i dont they are preached like the flanders.

For instance, I thought christian conservative women were loyal and loving. But instead, they are just as degenerate as liberal atheist women; except they are more prone to lie about it.

>solas not of the Holy Spirit
>believing in an "invisible church" separate from Christ's Church on earth, the Orthodox Church. Since the Church is the Body of Christ and Christ cannot be corrupted or His essences divided, then the Orthodox Church cannot be separate from the "invisible church", as to claim they are separate is tantamount to Nestorianism.
>Diminishing the Holy, Ever-Virgin Theotokos
>Iconoclasts
>worldly, no self-denial, no fasting
>"once saved always saved" even though Christ, nor the Apostles, nor the Church ever taught that.

Protties get out, you deny the Eucharist, you're not Christian.

Is the episcopal branch good.

i meant to put a question mark

Fuck you, should have honored the call to save Constantinople

>Episcopal
>in other words, Anglican

No, Anglicanism is a heretical sect founded because a king wanted a divorce.

>Solas not of the Holy Spirit
We receiveth the solas from scripture

>believing in an "invisible church" separate from Christ's Church on earth, the Orthodox Church. Since the Church is the Body of Christ and Christ cannot be corrupted or His essences divided, then the Orthodox Church cannot be separate from the "invisible church", as to claim they are separate is tantamount to Nestorianism.
The orthodox church already did divide, first with the coptics, then with the catholics, then with each oth'r

>Diminishing the Holy, Ever-Virgin Theotokos
Tush tush, we simply holdeth not h'r up to beest sinless, which thee shall findeth nowh're in scripture

>Iconoclasts
Almost all of the protestant denominations has't not been iconoclasts, in fact iconoclasm hast hist'rically been a orthodox problem

>worldly, no self-denial, no fasting
But we doth festinate and p'rf'rm self-denial

>"once saved always saved" even though Christ, nor the Apostles, nor the Church ever taught that.
Yond is a position only did hold by the presbyt'rians

>we are all brothers and sisters in Christ
Except for Mormons

And all other Protestants.

Anglicans pretty much just care about how correct a prayer is carried out. Episcopals just decided they don't really believe in anything.

christians are cute :3

Coptics left after Chalcedon, refusing the council, Catholics had the schism, Orthodox didn't change or divide, and they haven't changed with each other apart from language.

>Coptics left after Chalcedon, refusing the council, Catholics had the schism
Yond is what is commonly known as a "division"

>Orthodox didn't change or divide

U wot m8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Believers

>We receiveth the solas from scripture
And Scripture is from Tradition. How do you think Christianity was prior to the canons of the Bible being accepted into the Orthodox tradition? Also, if you truly were "sola scriptura", then you wouldn't be using a Bible with books removed. Not so fast...

>The orthodox church already did divide, first with the coptics, then with the catholics, then with each oth'r
Nope, those branches of the Vine fell away and withered/are withering, much like heresy. All broke away from Orthodoxy, hence the Orthodox Church being unchanged radically.

>Tush tush, we simply holdeth not h'r up to beest sinless, which thee shall findeth nowh're in scripture
Orthodox never said she is sinless, that's a Roman Catholic innovation.

>Almost all of the protestant denominations has't not been iconoclasts, in fact iconoclasm hast hist'rically been a orthodox problem
Baptists, Lutherans, Evangelicals, Reformed... and yes, iconoclasm is a big heresy that was forever condemned in the Church.

>But we doth festinate and p'rf'rm self-denial
Highly doubt. Not using fb is not self-denial

>Yond is a position only did hold by the presbyt'rians
Evangelicals

And avatarfagging is bannable.

>Tush tush, we simply holdeth not h'r up to beest sinless, which thee shall findeth nowh're in scripture
"Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee"
seems pretty clear to me, especially when, you know, coming from and ANGEL.

Mary's sinlessness is what ensures she remains a suitable carrier for Christ. Would you not expect the same requirement for a temple or ark to not also apply to the actual, physical place which carried our Lord?

>a heretical sect leaves the Church
>implying somehow the Church is divided as if the heretical sect is still part of the Church
That's not how it works.

see

You have 20 seconds to tell me why Protestantism is bad.
>you can't

:^)

>communion
>abstentionists
take this grape juice and drink it lol

Keep it up
Shills, reddit and newfags hate Sup Forums heritage threads

>sodomy
Disgusting.

> Mormons are Protestants

Wrong, they believe how good a Mormon you are will determine how big a reward you get in the next life (not Sola Fide) and they also believe the original Bible is flawed and imperfect while their Book of Mormon and other texts are truly inspired (not Sola Scriptura). They are also Polytheists who don't believe in the Trinity, so that pretty much rules them out of even being Christian.

>Baptists, Lutherans, Evangelicals, Reformed
None of those denominations are iconoclast, except maybe the reformed

>Orthodox never said she is sinless, that's a Roman Catholic innovation.
Well then you should have no problem with our view of Mary

>and yes, iconoclasm is a big heresy that was forever condemned in the Church.
Which contradicts your earlier position that the Orthodox has never had any divisions

>Highly doubt. Not using fb is not self-denial
Neither is not eating meat on fridays. Not eating for three days is self-denial, though.

>Evangelicals
Nope, only presbyterians.

As much as I think proddies are wrong, they're still Christians.
Morons aren't. They're just insane.

See

>"Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee"
Doesn't indicate her sinlessness at all.

>Mary's sinlessness is what ensures she remains a suitable carrier for Christ
How so?

By that logic the Protestants are not divided earlier, because each individual denomination remains separate from each other and are not part of each other.

We need to have a crusade against unbelief (and leftism generally). Sadly this will mean killing a ton of people of child-bearing age, so that means it'll have to come after any theoretical race war.

Kinda sucks that most of the 'devout' Christians are non-white immigrants, but what can you do when society is so degenerate?

>I will never find a cute Christ-chan waifu
What is the point of Christianity, and more so the point of living?

what game is she playing on the vita?

Can someone explain to me Sola Gratia, and how protestants and Catholics disagree on it?

Is that what you desperately try to convince yourself?
Sad to be honest

>Doesn't indicate her sinlessness at all.
the phrase isn't merely, with grace, or having grace, but rather full of grace. A state of consummate grace is afforded only to the sinless.

Shin Megami Tensei

>None of those denominations are iconoclast, except maybe the reformed
Then where are the icons and if they are there, why are they not venerated? Ask a typical Protestant what an Icon is and either they won't knpw, or they say it's something that Roman Catholics worship.

>Well then you should have no problem with our view of Mary
Your view of the Theotokos diminishes her God-given role as Mother of God, that God was so pleased with her that should was worthy to carry Him.

>Which contradicts your earlier position that the Orthodox has never had any divisions
Not at all. That heresy was defeated from within, and not a breakaway from the Church but rather a terrible coup.

>Neither is not eating meat on fridays. Not eating for three days is self-denial, though
Which Protestant sects regularly promote and practice fasting? Luther sure didn't, he said indulge and ignore the ascetic life.

>Nope, only presbyterians
You've never met an Evangelical, have you?

Reading old disputations between Christians and Jews really showed me how dumb protestants were. Half of the Christian arguments revolved around the Jews being idiots for taking everything in the Old Testament literally.

And now about 1000 years later we have protestants going 'sola scriptura', giving us YEC and similar nonsense that the Church fathers would laugh at.

Protestantism was a mistake.

Mom converted my uncle, his wife, and child. I'm still surprised that christianity outnumbers islam in china considering Islam has been in china for 1400 years. I'm afraid a democratic chinese government won't maintain the pressure to prevent the western hui, uyghurs muslims to try to secede part of china to an independent muslim country.

>By that logic the Protestants are not divided earlier, because each individual denomination remains separate from each other and are not part of each other
Yet none are in Communion with Christ as they are outside His Church established on Pentecost and spread by His Apostles.

>A state of consummate grace is afforded only to the sinless
No, we all have sin, yet Saints were overflowing with God's uncreated grace.

:^)

>No, we all have sin, yet Saints were overflowing with God's uncreated grace.
Are you implying forgiveness of sins is not necessary? Yes the Saint's were formerly sinners, but they were undoubtedly forgiven by Christ for their transgressions. They must have, presumably been forgiven at some point before the Last Supper as well.

>Then where are the icons and if they are there, why are they not venerated?
They are in the churches, and they are not venerated because they are just art, not holy relics or anything like that. We reserve our veneration for God alone.

>Your view of the Theotokos diminishes her God-given role as Mother of God, that God was so pleased with her that should was worthy to carry Him.
What's "our view" on Mary?

>That heresy was defeated from within, and not a breakaway from the Church but rather a terrible coup.
Ah, there we have it. The protestants churches have never broken away from each other, but rather there were just a bunch of coups against the protestants.

>Which Protestant sects regularly promote and practice fasting?
As far as I know, all of them. My church certainly did at least.

>Luther sure didn't, he said indulge and ignore the ascetic life.
Well, I'd like to see a quote, but if he really did say that he was wrong.

>You've never met an Evangelical, have you?
I am an Evangelical.

Went to church last week.
I think I found a good one, famalam :)))))))

What denomination? Or was it just good people?

>Good church
>Not burnt to the ground

Pick one.

Read it through with "thru the bible radio"
The guy is top notch and I found their release of the king james version at goodwill.
Just started my first study of it and im learning way more than when I was a kid. It gives you way more with prayer and meditation.

The Catholic church is what drove me away from god when I was a kid.
The pope smells of sulfur.

>Are you implying forgiveness of sins is not necessary? Yes the Saint's were formerly sinners, but they were undoubtedly forgiven by Christ for their transgressions. They must have, presumably been forgiven at some point before the Last Supper as well

Not implying that at all, rather it is vital, and confession of those sins to God via the Sacrament of Confession before Holy Communion is a must.
We are all sinners living in a fallen world. Christ us the only sinless man ever. All others have sin. Even Saints, thoigh because of their acquisition of the Holy Spirit, they overflow with God's grace and through that abundance perform miracles that God is glorified.

Our Father, who art in Heaven; hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come, thy word be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us trespassers because we forgive those who trespass against us

Have you come back to God user? Not through the Catholic church of course, but have you come back to any church?

Help out here.
I wanna believe in God, but I just can't. Life has been hard. I lost my faith, I want to have that feeling that God is taking care of me. Besides, I study sciences, so the theories about how the universe was made crushes even more my thoughts about God. Help.

Oh, okay. You are a different user then the one I was arguing with over the Immaculate Conception.

This

>Life has been hard. I lost my faith
Tell us your story user.

>he's a convert to Eastern Orthodoxy

>Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people. Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works. Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD. Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually. Remember his marvellous works that he hath done, his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth; O ye seed of Israel his servant, ye children of Jacob, his chosen ones. He is the LORD our God; his judgments are in all the earth. Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations; Even of the covenant which he made with Abraham, and of his oath unto Isaac; And hath confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant, Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance; When ye were but few, even a few, and strangers in it. And when they went from nation to nation, and from one kingdom to another people; He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes, Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm. Sing unto the LORD, all the earth; shew forth from day to day his salvation.

>Declare his glory among the heathen; his marvellous works among all nations. For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised: he also is to be feared above all gods. For all the gods of the people are idols: but the LORD made the heavens. Glory and honour are in his presence; strength and gladness are in his place. Give unto the LORD, ye kindreds of the people, give unto the LORD glory and strength. Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness. Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved. Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice: and let men say among the nations, The LORD reigneth. Let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof: let the fields rejoice, and all that is therein. Then shall the trees of the wood sing out at the presence of the LORD, because he cometh to judge the earth. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever. And say ye, Save us, O God of our salvation, and gather us together, and deliver us from the heathen, that we may give thanks to thy holy name, and glory in thy praise. Blessed be the LORD God of Israel for ever and ever. And all the people said, Amen, and praised the LORD.

>They are in the churches, and they are not venerated because they are just art, not holy relics or anything like that. We reserve our veneration for God alone.
If they are simply "art", they aren't icons, hence Iconoclasts. Worship is for God alone. We don't worship icons.

>What's "our view" on Mary?
You tell me since you mentioned it first.

>The protestants churches have never broken away from each other, but rather there were just a bunch of coups against the protestants.
However you want to say it, they're still outside Christ's Church and not in Communion with Him. The Apostles would rebuke you, likely.

>Well, I'd like to see a quote, but if he really did say that he was wrong.
Read his views on ascetic tl;dr he saw it as "works-based salvation".

>I am an Evangelical
One I met mocked me for saying you're not getting into Heaven by letting Christ into your life alone. Not wanting to get in a Bible verse battle, but many will say "Lord, Lord..." yet He will turn them away because "once saved always saved" is incorrect.

What is lust, and how does it differ from sexual attraction or arousal? Is sexual attraction inherently lust?

I grew up/still am in a pente family. When I was 12, I looked up pictures of naked body parts on wikipedia because I wanted to know what they looked like. Dad found out somehow and told me off for it, nonspecific "what you're doing isn't right" type talk. I just said I wanted to know more, but he got more angry because he thought I was lying. Years later I realised he thought I was masturbating to it as if it were porn, but at the time I hadn't even made the connection between the two. Since then I've always felt guilty when seeing nudity of any kind, and I've never used porn to masturbate

A friend asked me what my sexuality was recently and I told him I didn't know - the reason for this being I can't think of a time where I've ever been aroused as a result of someone's appearance, or had any conscious desire for sex with someone. He suggested I could be asexual, but I'm not willing to commit to the label because I'm not convinced it's a real thing and I feel like my upbringing could have caused genuine repression. I'm 22 now and have no conscious desire to be in a romantic relationship, just having close friends is enough. Lacking any conscious sexual desire bothers and confuses me, but I don't know of any way to try and sort it out without exploring lust which I don't really see as an option