Sup Forums here, how does Sup Forums feel about non-free software?

Sup Forums here, how does Sup Forums feel about non-free software?

There is no such thing as non-free software, unless you are too dumb to not know how to use google/torrents/etc.

Free as in open source and permissive or copyleft licensing, retard

>There is no such thing as non-free software
Spoken like true teenager. I predict a whole lot of disappointment in your future.

A massive boon to the world, though it's arguable whether or not this is because of the foundation that it lays for developing proprietary enterprises.

>licensing
What's that?

I appreciate altruism when it happens but a man working for a salary creates a better product than a man working from the heart.

What about a man working from autism though

just like free software but not free.

/gpol/ is best Sup Forums

I wish it didn't exist.

There aren't enough autists out there, and they are a declining resource since they do not reproduce and genetic engineering will avoid future contamination.

why would you ever pay for something that you can acquire for free? what software isnt free if you try hard enough?

>2017
>GNU/loonix
>anything but Arch with XFCE
Yeah that's pretty much how I feel. Fuck Winfags and especially Macfags

that's what your former government did with western tech after they had it stolen and claimed that they invented it by themselves.

Libraries, etc: all for it

End-user software:
that it usually works really bad with unintuitive design. Freetards have no concept of usability at all. Just jam enough features in there to make it appear you're competing with the proprietary alternatives.

Examples:
GIMP (vs Photoshop) and Octave (vs Matlab)

Both REMARKABLY abhorrent

t. i don't have to rely on my setup and have endless time for config and ricing

like this

Open source, like communism, only works for (relatively) very small and simple projects like a farm co-op or a text editor. It doesn't scale up to the size of a country or a serious software project like a video game. There are more Neo Geo games than there are open source games.

>being this hipster

fuck off faggot

Shouldn't it be free under NatSoc ideology?

I spent two years at a company that was on the Microsoft plantation and wouldn't you know it, after losing that job, just this afternoon blew away Windows 10 and installed Arch Linux

Use it when I have to, avoid it when I can. It's a journey, not a destination.

> install Kevin

>they do not reproduce and genetic engineering will avoid future contamination
I am not the result of two autists mating. Both my parents are well-adjusted people. Genetic engineering is too far off, and the ethics of it all are quite contentious. Further still, we understand so little about autism and autismos that getting rid of it might not be so easy.

>he can't into tech
Arch just works, feggit. Git Güd.

It's like you've baited the hook with a side of beef

a man working for a salary also creates a lot of backdoors

Under NatSoc ideology, we'd make our own distro called Volksdistro or something.

FREE Software / Open source software is a tool of the JEW used to destroy the white race!

(((Richard Stallman))) and the Israeli government colluded to convince stupid white males to work for free on software, that the JEWS would then take and use for all of their infrastructure to create companies like Facebook and Google to further the genocide of the indigenous people's of Europe.

White men have wasted BILLIONS of hours developing free software that the Jews have made TRILLIONS off of and re-invested in various anti-white activities.

tldr: free software is a Jewish trick. Free software turns white men into poor autists. Free software is communism. Free software helped create the Internet which has turned white women into nigger-fucking whores, and white men into cuckolds who fap to traps and play video games 24/7. Fuck Linux.

God I love Neogeo , I want to buy one but i cant afford $2000-$500 games

r_thedonald fag kiddo detected

>Arch just works, feggit. Git Güd.
i've compiled stage 1 gentoo in 2004, fuck off. arch is a hipster distro, there's a reason why professionals use debian/fedora/ubuntu.

Those are high-investment, low-impact projects. Look how expensive Matlab and Photoshop are.

what is the best distro for privacy that is still somewhat easy to get into? i always read that tails is the best but never hear anyone outside of linux websites recommend it.

t. Ubuntu pleb

>Look how expensive Matlab and Photoshop are.
photoshop is industry standard software, constantly developed, that's why.

ubuntu is just fine, just use proper encryption and a decent vpn.

>anything more complex than Ubuntu is hipster

Yeah, they're ok. Arch is definitely the best though with pac man, aur, bleeding edge, etc. My second choice would probably be Lubuntu if I had to run a plebian based distro.

>Yeah, they're ok. Arch is definitely the best though with pac man, aur, bleeding edge, etc. My second choice would probably be Lubuntu if I had to run a plebian based distro.
"bleeding edge" usually means "not tested on a long term" wich means it's potentially buggy or unsafe. also, pacman has a history of crashing machines, i've seen that a lot. as i said, there's a reason no one who REALLY have to rely on the stability of his machine would use arch as his main productive system.

i use veracrypt is that good? i've been a windowsfag since win95 but had to make a change i'm thinking about trying out kali.

Don't care too much about it, if you're connected to the internet by any means there's still somebody watching you, linux or not. So I use Windows and use these third party programs that might or might not make spying on me harder.

reminder that guy is into beastiality and is a pedo

veracrypt is fine for normies, i don't think you're hording state secrets on your machine. forget about kali, it's a cybsec distro for professionals, you won't even been able to use the preinstalled tools without proper tutoring. if you really need to try them, there are ways to add repos with them to vanilla ubuntu.

>BSD is full of trannies
truly, TempleOS is the last refuge.

Kali isn't really meant to be your main OS. Try Debian, or some flavor of Ubuntu if you're just looking for something that isn't Windows. Or Arch if you want a minimalist OS, or Gentoo if you're an absolute madman. Honorary mentions go to Slackware and Crunchbang.

Proprietary software is the equivalent of globalists using Marxist-Islamic subversion. It destroys your freedom and embolden (((elites))). Software that legally demands transparency in perpetuity is the equivalent of fighting for the Bill of Rights. It preserves your freedom and decreases the power of globalists.

Stallman is retarded in other aspects of politics. He's right when it comes to user freedom. Transparency in technology and privacy is one of the obvious areas where the anti-deep-state left and right align. Sort your shit out or keep sucking (((Gates/Zuck/Googboy/Bezos/Apple))) dick.

It's the opposite you cuckshill.

I'm fine with non-free software.

However, I'm also completely fine with open source software as well. If an individual wishes to capitalize on a creation, whether it's physical or digital, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. In the same vein, there's also absolutely nothing wrong with a creator developing a piece of open source software and allowing individuals to modify and expand upon the base software.

If you're militant on either side, you might have a problem.

FUCK NON FREE SOFTWARE
That's not what free means you fucktard moron dumbfuck

With all the shit Arch gets for breaking, I've never had any problems I couldn't quickly fix myself. My experience just doesn't match your criticisms.

thanks guys. i read that kali has the option to set a password that won't decrypt the drive but nuke it instead that seemed like a nice feature to have. sorry if i sound like a retard but i just started to use ubuntu last month so it's a bit overwhelming.

the future of computers bruthe