Why doesn't the Mexican President agree to pay for the wall, but use it as leverage to get things from Trump?

Why doesn't the Mexican President agree to pay for the wall, but use it as leverage to get things from Trump?

Say the wall costs $25billion. Mexico agrees to pay for it, IF America gives good trade concessions to Mexico, agrees to assist in dealing with Mexican drug cartels, agree to import certain products that are made in Mexico but also other countries, but only import them from Mexico (or have a lower tariff on Mexico than other countries), etc.

Why would Trump be willing to give all these concessions? Because it would be a yuge win for Trump. It will silence a whole lot of critics who said he was too naive or inexperienced to get things done on the foreign stage, and it'll make a hell of a lot of his supporters happy. Even if Trump fails in everything else he does as POTUS, he'll be remembered just for getting the wall built, and getting Mexico to pay for it.

So if I were Mexican President I'd work out $30 billion worth of stuff I want from the US, and then demand that from Trump in exchange for spending $25 billion on the wall.

Once again Australia is smarter than world leaders.

Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2017/01/04/mexican-peso-hits-record-low-vs-dollar-as-trump-trade-worries-heat-up.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mexico doesn't want our help

Because Mexicans are stupid and their president is just a puppet.

>Why doesn't the Mexican President agree to pay

No Pesos.
cnbc.com/2017/01/04/mexican-peso-hits-record-low-vs-dollar-as-trump-trade-worries-heat-up.html

Because it would be seen as weakness, for the rest of the world and specially the mexicans, Peña would be hanging from a tree if he agrees to pay for the wall.We macho m8

And of course it's a sovereignty issue, why the fuck we would pay for some one else's stuff?
Same with military aid, fuck off, we don't want you here.

If the U.S. fixes its problem of drug consumption, everything would be better.

Trump's stupidity is actually making the peso stronger fäm
So you know... sad but true.

>making the peso stronger

kek.
Australian heterosexuals.

>trump asks mexico to pay for the wall
>mexico won't pay shit
>gets out of nafta
>pay for the wall with the now taxed mexican products

Its very easy mate :

Let say you live in a nice house beside a neighbor, and you want to build a wall IN YOUR LAND, and you ask your neighbor to pay for such wall, in this simple mental exercise, you can see his/her answer from a mile away :

"Go fuck yourself"

Is any other country in the world (besides Sweden, of course) that is so cucked by its neighbor so its has to pay for other ones shit ?

This is one is not.

but you do depend on america quite a bit, bro

maybe u should pay for this if you can't enforce your own border enough

More concise question-

Why doesnt trump just tax all money transfers from the US to Mexico at 50% to pay for the wall?

Then mexico is paying for it.

Yeah dude , but we can change that, the same way they are rejecting some of the Mexican products.

At the end of the day, you either take the American dick or not, so we choose the latter.

And i am not talking from my ass, anyone here rather eat atomic bombs that bend to an orange gringo, so , at the end of the day , wwIII seems very likely and North America in general will be the "hot spot" to be in the next few weeks/months/years. So we are kind of fucked, either way.

T-thanks, burgers.

Build the wall or get wrecked, beaner.

>A war vs Mexico would last one day

>>Teleports behind your wall
>>Nothing personal,kid gringo.
>>Starts running, because is funnier that way.

Mexico called Trump's bluff. Mexico would be hit by ending NAFTA, but Congress will never agree to it, so Mexico has no incentive whatsoever to pay a dime.

Actually, Mexico could temporarily suspend the agreement it has withh Murrica to take back illegals that do not hold valid Mexican residency documents.

if it wasn't for the gringos, you'd be africa tier

prove me wrong

Mexico is too poor and stupid to actually carry it out.

If it wasnt for the Romans, you would be African tier, prove me wrong.

And by the way, buying products from basically a monopoly in certain markets, is different than being African tier, shit, South Africa wasnt that bad a few years ago.

American Education : The Post.
>>poor and stupid
Dude, we are talking about a fucking wall here , not the CERN.

I don't hate the Romans. I acknowledge what they did for us.

You seem to not acknowledge what America does for you. Your entire market and economy revolves around being the neighbor to the biggest economy in the world, and you're upset at that for some reason.

You seem like an ungrateful spic, my friend.

>>I don't hate the Romans. I acknowledge what they did for us.
See ? is not that hard to see the world the same way.
>>
You seem to not acknowledge what America does for you. Your entire market and economy revolves around being the neighbor to the biggest economy in the world, and you're upset at that for some reason.

Upset? And on a personal level what does that affect me ? I mean, i am not a producer of any product for that market, i dont plan to go to the USA ever in my life (GodWilling) and
I dont hate the burgers,i just buy their products, if they dont like our shekels, fine, China and Russia, here we go.

Nah Monkeybro, that would just be the Merican taxpayer paying for the wall from higher priced imports

Regarding the Aussiebro Idea, If we get 5bn extra, then is a deal , who cares if it looks weak

>>who cares
>>Me vale madre / Who gives a fucks
La maldición del huevon / The curse of the lazy.

it affects you because your economy is dependent on USA

don't act stupid

And the grass is green, another shocking news from Romania.

You question me like i m in charge of the country or something.

Get this into you noggin, yes, US biggest market, Mexico, doestn bend. End of the story , dont play stupid and stop asking questions like you have something in stake.

This is between neighbors, the burgers and us, and in less degree, the leafs. Everyone else, please, dont murk the already dark waters.

you act as if I'm the president or some shit

i'm just a fag user like you giving you my opinion, to me it doesn't seem like you have any bargaining power and you should be more grateful for the country which represents the sole reason you're even on anyone's map

your argument is
>lol my economy exists almost solely because of USA
>i don't want to pay for a wall LOL MEHICO POWAA

>I wish you a happy 20 Brazilian cuck

What did he mean by this?

Grateful? I am already "grateful" with them, i pay what i buy from them. They are very "grateful" because they have my money on their pocket and i have their product on my hands, pretty cool, aint it ? Zero fucking sentiments. Just a transaction, you are making a big fuss of what, essentially, any country can do.

On the map ? on the map of who ? Nobody, my friend, thats the answer.

This is get you are confused : Bargain ? They dont have anything to bargain, so, they resort to this petty shit, thats the truth.

On a personal level this doesnt affect me (on the contrary, several products here are cheaper because they have been rejected from certain US markets). On a macro scale, of course it fucks "me" over.

so paying for a wall is also a transaction, why you add feelings into it?

on the other hand, how much mental gymnastics did you have to go through to make yourself believe that USA has a neutral impact on your country?

Listen we work and we pay for what we get. We don't get gibs from USA like Israel or Egypt does if that's what you are thinking.

On paper it may look like we get "aid" but is all smoke and mirrors. All the aid finds itself in the pockets of corrupt politicians

And who knows maybe some goes to cartels to keep the cia drug trade going

They have no bargaining power, we are used to the economic suffering, are they?

>wish you a happy 20huecuck???

Because is not a transaction, is a rip-off, a show of force, that, if accept it, Mexico would become Sweden 2.0 and LGBT activists everywhere, accept inimigrants, english as first language and horse shit like that, so , no thanks.

The same one you used to believe we cannot change the course of our own economy.

Because it would be a national embarrassment for Mexico.

This one million times, to the other countries, just put yourselves in our position, and 90% would do the same, dont be bunch of hypocrates.

If you build a wall, you'll turn gay?

It's not about gibs, it's about trade.

Basically yes (This question made me laugh out)