"When I hear from people that water doesn't hurt anything, I say, really? Well besides hypothermia, scalding...

>"When I hear from people that water doesn't hurt anything, I say, really? Well besides hypothermia, scalding, avalanches, waterborne diseases, dangerous driving conditions, Chinese water torture, tsunamis, water poisoning, acid rain, the "greenhouse effect," erosion of our landscape, corrosion/rusting of metals, electrical failures, and not to mention - drowning, which kills approximately 1,230 people every year. I have a few quibbles." - Spokesperson for Coca-Cola

If he's going to be so vague in his usage of the word "religion," he might as well address all forms of idealists, including atheists. But this is just a cherry-picked 'argument' with biased intent of pointing a finger at "religious" people.

Is there anyone more cucked than this faggot?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1zMf_8hkCdc
youtube.com/watch?v=hGBc5h7vRJE
youtube.com/watch?v=dIEemKcy-4E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You believe in a made up sky daddy. Nobody fucking cares what you think, you are delusional.

People who think of the existence of God as a ridiculous notion, presumably by choice, imagine Him as some limited being who's unlikely to exist by definition. God is generally defined as being omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, transcendent, and ultimately incomprehensible. Imposing purposely silly definitions on Him (or any definition), aside from being an appeal to ridicule, does not function as a valid reduction to absurdity because any and all imposed definitions conflict with His actual definition. For example, a "flying spaghetti monster" is either not omnipotent by definition, or its form isn't necessary and therefore arbitrary and non-definitive. If or when the intention is merely to show God is "as ridiculous" as any fantastical thing using false analogies, it is only a redundantly-fallacious appeal to the stone. It's also akin to saying "Look, I can make things up. Therefore your God is made up," and yet these are the kind of unsophisticated arguments atheists use, presumably all because they refuse to conceive of possibility outside our comprehension, lest they have to admit we may be held accountable to something outside ourselves.

You are delusional.

>you literally can't understand what god really is
Nice argument, i converted to delusionalism on spot.

I dont have a problem with most of those, if done by my side, of course

Ironically After the Soviet Union and Communist China, Left wing Secularism/Atheism might be in the lead in the "human misery index" as it relates to ideology.

>I'm stupid therefore God doesn't exist.
If there's anyone here whose opinions should not be cared about, it's you.

>cucked

Not the word I'd use for a Jew shitting on religion. He's doing what the tribe wants him to do.

bait so cheap even Jamal could afford it

>anyone more cucked than this faggot?
anthony burch

wtf i hate water now

So now we have a Carlin thread and a Maher thread. What's next? Colbert thread? These (((comedians))) are cancer.

>Legitimizing Shill Maher by paying attention to anything he says.
WEW
E
W
You probably also believe he's libertarian too.

Also
>the crusades were bad
Fucking kike, it's the only Christian thing in his Muslim hatred list. He's too cowardly to only attack Islam, so he has to throw in some shit from 500 yrs ago that has been completely misrepresented by (((network television)))

> crusades were a bad thing.
> 9/11 wasn't inside job
> more homogeneous societies aren't better
> women rights weren't a mistake
> gay rights.
> burning witches is a bad thing.
I agree on all the other topics.

I thought your ilk were anti PC?

Politics aside, does Bill Maher have the most smug face of anyone currently alive? Even if I agreed with everything he said I would still want to drive a tractor over his head

The theoretical physict asks you to suspend the disbelief for thier wacky theories.
>hey guize, here's how the universe started even though we're missing 96% of the data, we still feel smarmy enough that give definitive answers and call it "science".
Yea, you're going off faith yourself, bud.

>bill maher has the most smug face

>Comedian

Why is the left such a joke?

>we can't possibly understand this thing, but we understand the jesus story tho

I was surprised that he at least included the Muslim crimes.

"Ultimately incomprehensible" doesn't imply impossibility of comprehension. The world is ultimately incomprehensible.

lel he clearly did that to imply that all religions are just as bad.

Well according to modern liberals and Californian wiccans 100% of them were innocent of any crimes and absolutely none of them were possibly psychopaths who murdered/poisoned people for ritual/profitable/magical purposes, like say- the countess of Bathary did.

He's literally a fucking kike

fpbp

This guy never heard of the French Revolution, the Soviet Union and the Spanish Civil War, it seems.

Religion does not necessarily make people better people. We are still as flawed and fragile as ever. So, any system representing religion will be that way. Only one thing is very different: that we set very clear moral boundaries. This means that we won't have outright immoral behavior being normalized and accepted, as it was what happened in the three examples mentioned above.

God is not a being among many.
youtube.com/watch?v=1zMf_8hkCdc

Thanks, I forgot that I'm not him

If you haven't figured out the beautiful syncretic moral allegories in religion I feel bad for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=hGBc5h7vRJE

The Goyim interpret the bible literally (story).
The Jew interprets the bible numerically (gematria).
The Mason interprets the bible allegorically (morality).

Law is embedded into nature, it is immutable, binding and fixed conditions.

youtube.com/watch?v=dIEemKcy-4E

Bill Maher is a dirty kike but he's right about religion

Intrinsic moral and traditional values don't need religion to exist

as op said, Atheism is just like any religion/cult out there and riddled with fallacies

But belief in a God also needs to be devoid of religion in our day and age. Religion served a purpose when people wondered why it rained, what the sun was, the creation of earth..etc

Science has explained the world and religion is nothing but mythos clinging by a thread

a God exists because the universe is much too organized, there is a remarkable pattern to life

A world without a God would be pure chaos but religion itself is manmade

yea ban assaut watre

The funny thing is your story about water is right and so is the guys picture

If you think water is your best Friend you've only seen it come out of a fountain

t. STEM-illiterate nigger

try to leave one month without religion.
then try to live without water

All 'necessity' is subjective (It's only an idea. There is no such thing as objective, mindless 'necessity). The absense of a subject; that is, a subjective thing; does not imply metaphysical consequence. Existence or non-existence would be a metaphysical consequence. Non-necessity does not imply non-existence.
Your ""argument"" is literally equivalent to "I don't need that, therefore it doesn't exist." You are a silly retard, and you need to realize your atheistic influences are equally silly and retarded, whose arguments are only convincing to silly retards.

Non-religious people aren't alive.

It's true that the way he talks about it sounds like "see? christians did these awful awful things 500 years ago so you can't say muslims are worse". But you know damn well that libshits like to overlook the Muslim crimes, and most people would argue that "these terrorist acts weren't motivated by religion, not at all".

God isn't a being
Its just easier for retard redneck and sand dweller humans to think of it that way.

My god is love, baby.

This. Your opinion is invalid OP, you think fucking fairy tales are real. You have no place in an adult conversation.

then why are you replying to a non-living being?
good luck supporting your mudslim neighbours

omnibenevolence is the only retarded thing of theist beliefs.

Never said anything about science. I don't know enough about science to say that I believe in the big bang or some shit. I simply don't know.

What I do know, is that religion is complete nonsense.

bill, cherry-picking? huh, i guess that's unexpected.

>"Can you believe these barbarians! 300 years ago they burned some people at the stake!"
>*Murders unborn child

You don't even know what "knowledge" is. You just a babbling babby.

If god is omniscient, free will cannot exist.

That's a non sequitur. Free will is epistemic. Your stupid atheist heroes are not adequate logicians, statisticians, nor philosophers, I assure you.

I didn't mention anything about any atheist heroes. I'm saying that free will cannot exist if there is a being who knows all. Religion is self defeating.

Are you retarded? And I've refuted you stupid, ill-conceived point.

>sex with children
Leftists are a far greater threat to children

No you haven't. Making vague statements such as that free will is epistemic is not a refutation. An all knowing being cannot exist when free will also exists, do you accept that?

The rest of the premises are implicit and obvious. More specifically, free will is subjectively epistemic. That is, it is only contingent on one's own knowledge. You are trying to suggest that if there is a being in existence that has all knowledge, that no one can choose anything. You seem to be making the faulty assumption that that being's knowledge affects the knowledge of all other beings, which obviously begs the question.

Your """argument""" is equivalently analogous to the notion that if I know what someone will do, they can't choose to do it. It's silly. You might have already understood this if you didn't blindly accept ill-conceived atheist propaganda to satisfy your own butthurt. Try getting some baby powder or lotion instead.

>yfw you realize it's atheists who are the stupid ones

elaborate?

I'll ignore all the little ad hominems you slip in everywhere since it seems you're incapable of arguing any other way.

God is omniscient; He knows all. God is also eternal (Psalm 90:2). As the eternal, omniscient God, He has lived our yesterdays, our todays, and our tomorrows, the past, present, and future. God is the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End (Revelation 21:6).

If there is a being that exists that has lived all of our lives and knows all of what will happen to us throughout our lives, then our lives are predermined. There's no way around it.

Well for one you claim to know things without being able to show your deduction. You seem to think knowledge is equivalent to feeling how something is - like the feeling that the notion of God is absurd. That isn't knowledge as you seem to think it is, therefore you don't know what knowledge is. Well I guess that, or you're a liar and you already know God exists (like all atheists do) but you just suck at denying it (like all atheists do).
>I'll ignore all the little ad hominems
An ad hominem is an insult AS an argument, you idiot.
^See, that's not an ad hominem.
>then our lives are predermined.
Perhaps, but predetermined by Him, not by us.
>There's no way around it.
I've already thoroughly fucked up your argument. Go try to understand how, after growing an appreciation for what's actually true.

>all atheist know god exist
Every sensible atheist would say that they don't know if he exists.

I said religions are bullshit, never admited to know that there is no superior being.

Nobody fucking knows if a superior being(god as you call it) exists. But that is literally it, we DON'T KNOW.

If we somehow found out a god exists, I'm sure there would be a million more questions raised by science.

>An ad hominem is an insult AS an argument, you idiot.
>You might have already understood this if you didn't blindly accept ill-conceived atheist propaganda to satisfy your own butthurt.

>Perhaps, but predetermined by Him, not by us.
That's my point. He has predetermined your life and therefore you lack free will. All that will become of you had already been decided.

>I've already thoroughly fucked up your argument. Go try to understand how, after growing an appreciation for what's actually true.
It doesn't matter how much you say this, it doesn't make what you're saying any less nonsensical.

>(((maher)))

Atheism is not an ideology. The definition of atheism is literally just a lack of belief in any deities. It is the lack of an ideology based on any deities.

I thought Sup Forums liked smug faces as long as we agreed with the guy.

You seriously need to get laid

Where do I sign up for the systematic sex with children religion???

appeal to authority
special pleading

He can't! Sex out of wedlock will surely mean that the spooky sky ghost will send him to the depths of hell for eternity!

Saying "atheist" when you mean "a-theist" is a false equivocation. Atheists believes God doesn't exist. Not to know if God exists and to "lack belief" (because that's possible, right?) is to be an agnostic. Nu-atheists claim otherwise because they like to call themselves "atheists" (because it's edgy, maybe?) despite not being able to defend atheism.
>I said religions are bullshi
This is a claim to knowledge, faggot.
>I'm sure there would be a million more questions raised by science.
Your apparent worship of science is grossly ignorant. Learn to think for yourself, rather than letting the amorphous "science" dictate everything you think. Philosophy and logic are necessary to deduce truth. Most scientists are idiots who don't know either logic or philosophy, and instead replace it with their own biases (such as the common atheistic bias of wanting God not to exist (whining)).
>He has predetermined your life and therefore you lack free will.
I've already shown this to be a non sequitur at least twice. If you're going to be stupid and just keep reasserting yourself because you're ignorantly so sure you're not wrong, then fuck off.
>All that will become of you had already been decided.
I've already shown at least twice how if this were true, it would be irrelevant.
>it doesn't make what you're saying any less nonsensical.
I've given you nothing but logical refutation of your fucking stupidity. Would it help if I put it in numeric form for you, you fucking retard?:
1. Free will is contingent on subjective knowledge.
2. Objective knowledge has no effect on subjective knowledge.
3. God's knowledge is objective knowledge.
4. Objective knowledge has no effect on free will (from 1 and 2)
5. God's knowledge has no effect on free will (from 3 and 4)

I'm going to hide you now, considering you are apparently nothing but a stupid babbling atheist drone.

>mfw all those things Christians did were hundreds of years ago (and some were in response to Muslim aggression) whereas all the things Muslims did...sorry DO is current and ongoing

Yeah middle eastern society is basically in a past stage of Western society. All that oil money tho

I'll still refute you even if you are ceding defeat. The fact that free will is contingent of subjective knowledge is totally irrelevant to my point. This is only you admitting that in the circumstance of an omnipotent deity existing, people would still have the illusion of free will. God's knowledge is objective and therefore he knows all that will become of you.

Despite it not even being a part of my original point I'll address this too. The fact that god supposedly has objective knowledge would of course effect the subjective knowledge of the individual. He knows all that you have thought, are thinking and will think and therefore even your thoughts are by their very nature not of your free will.

No, the definition of "atheism" is the belief God doesn't exist. What you've described is "a-theism," not "atheism." To call yourself an atheist when you really mean "a-theist" is to commit a false equivocation. If you don't believe God doesn't exist, you are an agnostic - someone who doesn't know and thus doesn't believe. Don't be a big baby. If you want to call yourself an "atheist," you're going to have to defend yourself. Running away and claiming it isn't a position merely removes you from the discussion and invalidates anything you have to say. Or at least make the effort to continue naming everything you ""lack belief"" in: a-atheism etc..
It can't be special pleading because I didn't change the argument, you idiot. And appeal to what authority?

Religion poisons everything.

You believe in "scientific theories" explaining the formation of the universe without understanding a single thing about it or realizing the gaping holes in said theories that are so contradictory that MORE theories had to be made up to explain them.

So who's the blue pilled cuck, again?

>being an Islamophobe in the current year

lel so does alcohol

Nobody knows whether god exist or not you dipshit, its not possible to know thats the whole reason people use the word "faith" and not knowledge. Every single theist on this planet is also agnostic. Meaningless term in the context of unknowable.
Also placing dash in the middle of the word doesn't change it meaning to whatever the fuck you want it to, you i-mbecile.

>I don't know therefore nobody knows
I don't have time for this shit.

Smoking would be a better bantz, because he died of throat cancer.

Wrong. This is all because of human nature.
Religion is always trying to civilize the animal.

You don't have time for thinking, that one is obvious. Otherwise you would know that any knowledge requires proof and you have none.

What is civilized about human sacrifice? Sounds to me like its exploits the animal, to gain power in the real world.

No, it really isn't. Your example is a steaming pile of shit too, water is dangerous as fuck... Retard.

Bill Maher's nose protects earth from asteroids

You are the definition of a brainwashed slave to religion.

>You believe in "scientific theories" explaining the formation of the universe without understanding a single thing about it or realizing the gaping holes in said theories that are so contradictory that MORE theories had to be made up to explain them.
Learn the definition of scientific theory first.

"Knowledge" requires "proof" -and- logically sound deductions.
Life is direct evidence of God...

1. Everything that exists has an explanation of its existence, either in the necessity of its own nature or in an external cause.
2. If the universe has an explanation of its existence, that explanation is God.
3. The universe exists.
4. Therefore, the universe has an explanation of its existence (from 1, 3).
5. Therefore, the explanation of the universe’s existence is God (from 2, 4).

1. Everything that begins to exist has a cause.
2. The universe began to exist.
3. Therefore, the universe has a cause.

1. If God does not exist, objective moral values and duties do not exist.
2. Objective moral values and duties do exist.
3. Therefore, God exists.

1. The fine-tuning of the universe is due to either physical necessity, chance, or design.
2. It is not due to physical necessity or chance.
3. Therefore, it is due to design.

1. It is possible that a maximally great being exists.
2. If it is possible that a maximally great being exists, then a maximally great being exists in some possible world.
3. If a maximally great being exists in some possible world, then it exists in every possible world.
4. If a maximally great being exists in every possible world, then it exists in the actual world.
5. If a maximally great being exists in the actual world, then a maximally great being exists.
6. Therefore, a maximally great being exists.
>water is dangerous as fuck... Retard.
das kinda the point, mane. His implicit conclusion is "Therefore religion is bad."
I hate to say it, but... not an argument. In fact, one might call that a circumstantial ad hominem.

Two of my own. I don't feel like finding the others:

1. If the multiverse doesn't exist, there is sufficient scientific reason to believe life is naturally impossible.
2. Stephen Hawking and many other science cucks are advocates for the existence of the multiverse for this reason, and such lends the theory credence.
3. If the multiverse exists, all possibilities exist.
4. If all possibilities exist, God exists.
5. If God exists in any universe, being God, He necessarily exists in all universes.
6. It is by definition impossible to negate God.
7. If scientists like Steven Hawking are right about the existence of the multiverse, then, ironically, God exists.

Those are primitive tribal pre-modern religion superstitious rituals. Those dont count.

...Your refusal to recognize that is irrelevant. There could be no evidence for God only if there were no such thing as logic.

This one's kind of a meme argument desu:

1. There is only the conscious and the nonconscious. (p ^ p' = everything)
2. We know inductively that the inanimate (nonconscious) is not moral. (Observation)
3. In some possible world, there is only the nonconscious. (Premise)
4. In some possible world, there is no morality. (From 2 and 3)
5. Morality is contingent. (From 4)
6. Morality is not contingent on the nonconscious. (From 2)
7. Morality is contingent on the conscious. (From 1, 5, and 6)
8. Consequence is objective. (Premise)
9. Consequence can be significant. (Observation)
10. Objective, significant consequence implies objective meaning. (Premise)
11. Objective meaning implies objective purpose. (Premise)
12. Evil is defined as absence of goodness. (Definition)
13. Purpose is good or evil. (Premise)
14. Good and evil are objective. (From 11 and 13)
15. Good and evil are only moral concepts. (Premise)
16. Good and evil are contingent on morality. (From 15)
17. Morality is objective. (From 14 and 16)
18. Consciousness is objective. (7 and 17)
19. Knowledge is objective. (From 18 and 23)
20. Objective morality is contingent on objective consequence and objective consciousness. (Premise)
21. Objective consequence and objective consciousness imply objective agency. (Premise)
22. Agency is objective. (From 21)
23. Objectively absent things don't exist. (Premise)
24. God exists. (From 12, 14, 19, 22, and 23)

>not realizing water is essential to life and it is the contaminants that are dangerous
>calls others retard

wtf I hate water now

The fact that your were able to write that much without saying anything the least bit substantial is a miracle in its own right.

>don't fuck children, goy! Breed with these lovely Western degenerate women who will suck the lifeforce out of- er, I mean, give purpose to your life!

>>"Can you believe these barbarians! 300 years ago they burned some people at the stake!"
>>*Murders unborn child
lmao

(((Maher)))

Does anybody really care what this kike thinks?

I thought it was pretty insightful and dare I day it, ingenius, desu :^)

5 and 6 are massive logical jumps that make no sense whatsoever

What really makes you believe that an omni-everything (I'm not going to write down all that omni shit) really exists because what? The bible says it? Do you have any sense of logic at all? I'll believe in your god when you can prove he exists, but for now, because omni-potency is impossible because it breaks the laws of physics. Also, if he wanted us all to live, then why did he create such a dangerous world to live on? Why couldn't he just make Earth paradise and Humans immortal? All religions are pretty retarded with their reasoning.