Fashion Retailer Zara Pulls Skirt After Resemblance to Pepe Noted

Is Zara /ourstore/?

archive.is/XFFDh

Zara has withdrawn a skirt with a frog design from its website after social media users noted its resemblance to Pepe, a cartoon popular with the so-called alt-right.

The denim skirt, embroidered with cartoon frogs wearing sunglasses, was being sold as part of the brand’s “festival edition”. But Twitter users were quick to point out its similarities to the Pepe cartoon:

Writer Meagan Fredette spotted the skirt and told Dazed: “My immediate thought was holy shit, they have no idea what they are doing here, do they?”
The original link to the skirt on Zara’s website now redirects to its front page.

A spokesperson for the company said the skirt has “absolutely no link” to Pepe or the alt-right.

“The skirt is part of the limited Oil-On-Denim collection which was created through collaborations with artists and is only available in selected markets,” the spokesperson said.
“The designer of the skirt is Mario de Santiago, known online as Yimeisgreat. Mario explores social interactions through his work and in his own words: ‘The idea came from a wall painting I drew with friends four years ago.’

“There is absolutely no link to the suggested theme.”

Pepe the Frog was created by cartoonist Matt Furie, who originally envisaged him as a “chill” and “good-natured” frog. However, over the course of the American electoral campaign, Pepe transformed from an amusing star of weird memes to a white supremacist symbol denounced by the Anti-Defamation League.

Other urls found in this thread:

thelocal.de/20170209/vegans-protest-leads-town-hall-to-stop-playing-kids-song-about-fox-and-goose
theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/aug/27/zara-removes-striped-pyjamas-with-yellow-star-following-online-outrage
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sprry Zara, Jews have banned portrayals of frogs as anti-Semetic. Thank you for complying with our frog ban.
t. Jews

>tfw autismal 4channers have actually made liberals lose their shit over everything frog related

Quick think of something they truly love that we can weaponize through memes.

>However, over the course of the American electoral campaign, Pepe transformed from an amusing star of weird memes to a white supremacist symbol denounced by the Anti-Defamation League.

ahhh if they only knew the truth ...

>autistic frog cartoon is racist
pol really can make people look so stupid

>Frogs are now anti-semetic and banned from life

The kikes will fall from favor exactly one more time.

>blackface pepe
>banning things from sale because they look like pepe
>treating pepe like the swastika because adl said so

>Writer Meagan Fredette spotted the skirt and told Dazed: “My immediate thought was holy shit, they have no idea what they are doing here, do they?”
Is she a satirist or just batshit crazy?

Call the police, this frog looks vaguely like a rare Pepe!

Zara has some pretty nice clothes but it's made for effeminate city men as their shirts tend to make you look 33% more metrosexual.

Rarest pepe

Has anyone alerted Cartoon Network's legal council?

This was the same woman who initially tweeted about it...

>echomemeing reddit cartoons

...and this is the same woman.

Limited edition pepe. I must have it

Unbelievable

P*pe

Why are they always caving in? Who the fuck cares about the opinion of some twitter faggots???

WE MUST REMIND THEM! THE 6 MILLION!

and they look so very much alike...

What's annoying though is that one (literally 1) tweet was enough for Zara to totally pull the skirt. It's not even P*pe for fuck sake, it's another cartoon frog.

>/ourstore/
>It's a fucking designer clothing store at that

You Goyim haven't been this fucking good in ages, my boss is jumping in his chair right now.

Do you ask permission from the Jews to produce an item of clothing depicting a frog? No I don't think so. Rightfully banned.

Weaponized autism needed for continuing the lovely Pepe skirt!
Lets start a petition or sth

Food.

>“My immediate thought was holy shit, they have no idea what they are doing here, do they?”

aren't we supposed to be the autistic ones?

Why is she censoring the word Pepe? It reminds me of a manga saying M****alds to get around copyright.

Why is my jew sense tingling?

Now that is a rare fucking pepe

All it takes is ONE mentally ill perrson to complain about imaginary racist thought crimes in social media and corporations immediately cave.

Words have power!

>thelocal.de/20170209/vegans-protest-leads-town-hall-to-stop-playing-kids-song-about-fox-and-goose
>A small town in Hesse has removed a children's song about a fox stealing a goose from its repertoire of town hall bell melodies, after a vegan resident became quite upset.

Reminder that this happened.

Has pepe actually spoken in a meme? I've never seen words associated with pepe just a green frog smiling or crying or whatever. The left see something they know is true and resist it with all their might but deep down they know the truth.

.1 hours in bangladeshi sweatshop paint

>I've never seen words associated with pepe

newfag

This seems to be every store now.

J U D E
U
D
E

It always bugged me how the titus symbol is an upside down pentagram.
Why are so many western videogame developers satanists?
From id software to origin.

>400 likes
>130 retweets
That's enough to make a major chain pull a product that probably cost millions to manufacture and deliver?
500 people who wouldnt have bought it in the first place?

Maybe we should just start playing SJW and causing companies to financially strain themselves by bending to every insane but plausible SJW fit of rage.

>tfw working on a toad/frog yugioh deck

In fact it's worse than that, they announced that they had pulled it from their website last night when this tweet only had about 50 likes and 15 or so retweets.

Zara is shit and steal designs at least go to uniqlo or something

>millions to manufacture
fucking lol
maybe 50k for mass production

Look at the nose on that.
EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

So did any of you faggots buy the skirt?

>implications
>implying

They're not Satanists. They just adopted Satanic imagery for edginess' sake. Many of these companies were formed during the 90s when Christianity still had some waning influence over public discourse. What better way for young pioneers in a new form of media to throw up a "fuck you" to the old guard?

That's even weirder. But a german chocolate milk company recalled a chocolate milk that was considered racist after newspapers wrote about a "internet shitstorm" (german media's favourite word to describe manufactured outrage) I bothered to dig up the original tweet all the articles were making reference to. It was by a journalist and had 10 (!) retweets.
I dont get those campaigns.
Sure as fuck not.
Zara is a global chain with stores on every continent. They had to transport those pepe pants everywhere, had them put up on display, print catalogs, etc.
This is basically millions of damage for one bipolar cunt sperging out.

I'd like to take those insecure as fuck companies to the limit though.
Lets look at companies with a track record of kneejerk reactions and bombard them with removal and recall requests for leftist reasons.

Coffee
Organic food
Bicycles
Telling other people how to live their life

I had a mentally challenged lady start screaming abuse at me today at work about how I was rude and harassing her and attacking her, I hadn't said a single word to her at all.
A second after that she demands to talk to my boss, so I get her down there and suddenly she's calm as hell and I'm thinking that my boss is going to take this mad woman's side in whatever made-up story she's telling her, then she starts ranting about me, other staff members, the people outside following her.

Thank fuck my boss knows I'd never fuck around with or give shit to a customer, I was still shitting bricks about it while she was talking calmly because all it takes is one loony bitch to get you in the shit.
Just like it takes one stupid tweet to fuck an entire fashion line instantly.

>They even have a black face pepe on there

Pretty sure the designer knew exactly what he was doing and was curious if anyone would realize it

>not just Pepe, but soon all cartoon frogs will be a hate symbol

The MSM is fucking dumb for giving us so much power.

that is one ugly womyn

Did you guys already forget the jew shirt?

theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/aug/27/zara-removes-striped-pyjamas-with-yellow-star-following-online-outrage

>They're not Satanists. They just adopted Satanic imagery for edginess' sake.
No. Some of them were satanists for edgy reasons, being a satanist was the edgy 80s thing to do.
Kurt Cobaine was a satanist.

So how often does ZARA recall products because someone got offended?
This cant be viable.
Sell them at a fucking discount instead.

>they PULL the skirt
>are they on our side?
If you aren't retarded, the question answers itself.
If you are, the answers is: no, they are not, they are a clothing store catering to the SJW's every whim.

fear is the mind killer that makes you jump at shadows when you feed it enough

when the mighty corporate media peddlers who deem themselves arbiters of truth are afraid of fucking cartoon frogs you can tell they are absurdly out of touch with reality