EMP Attack

Alright, so I'm pretty much politically illiterate, but can any of you more knowledgeable anons explain to me what the chances are of North Korea attacking the US with an EMP?

I don't know the politics behind it such as the consequences they would face or what would stop them from attempting such a thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwangmyŏngsŏng_program
twitter.com/heddingsfaye/status/851655860225011712
youtube.com/watch?v=7vZh9WHMkHE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If Kim EMP'd the USA Trump would probably drop all of the MOABs on Pyongyang

Zero. He doesn't have the weaponry or delivery device. He could do it to South Korea or Japan, but EMP attacks on ourselves or our allies are considered, per American rules of engagement, a nuclear attack, prompting a full nuclear response.

That's why nobody's ever done it.

An EMP attack sizable enough to cause legitimate damage to our infrastructure or systems that couldn't be replaced in a few days is probably not possible from a power like North Korea. They lack the projection capability to do execute a widespread attack, assuming they don't have thousands of sleeper cells in the US.

Trump will drop more than MOABs if that happens. Don't get me wrong, MOABS will probably be used, but that in't just it.

They already tried a couple weeks ago. Look up "meteors" in California... After that so called "meteor" there was a significant military presence over the waters just outside LA for like a week and a half.

We are currently engaged in WW3, but they don't want the general population to run for the hills... So they don't tell us shit, and we continue about our lives as if nothing is happening.

>He doesn't have the weaponry or delivery device.

Someone told me the other day that North Korea had satellites that pass over the US daily that are suspected to have EMP nukes.

For an EMP you need a high-yield thermonuclear weapon in near-space.
NK does not have the capabilities.

>North Korea had satellites
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwangmyŏngsŏng_program

Your "someone" doesn't know what they're talking about.

And again, there's that small wee issue of Pyongyang being tactically nuked inside of fifteen minutes.

GET IT TO YOUR FUCKING EMPTY SKULL
NO FUCKING ROCKET CAN REACH USA ,NONE,ZERO ,NADA .
even hot shits like china with modern systems would get leveled in the span of 5minutes if they tried to load nukes .

Literally impossible by current NK ability.

why not drop emps on korea? fuck those gamer shitters on the south.

this?
twitter.com/heddingsfaye/status/851655860225011712
and then yeah for the next week lots of threads about aircraft off the west coast that i didn't really pay attention to

>Someone told me the other day that North Korea had satellites that pass over the US daily that are suspected to have EMP nukes.
>North Korea had satellites that pass over the US daily

>North Korea
>satellites
Pick one.

>the consequences they would face
It would be the same as if they had attacked us with any conventionally destructive weapon. We would completely annihilate North Korea.

So why is the media making such a big deal of it?

Is it just the usual fear mongering that the media produces to try and make people worry enough to tune into their news media?

That's technically correct. EMP attacks can be done by detonating nukes at very high altitudes.

In the event of us attacking North Korea, China may be tempted to get involved like they did the first time, though I'd think they'd be currently less likely to do so.

Everything would be the like the dark ages. Everything electronic would be disabled. All connections lost. Trump would be in the dark. Chaos erupts. Trump loses it. Turns orange to white. No more internets. No more computer. KEK PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN. I could leave my mom's basement. Maybe find a qt. Maybe lose my virgin. Maybe.

> lose my virgin

is she tucked up in your basement?

A government that's constantly testing new bombs while threatening to nuke you is actually a really big deal believe it or not.

>So why is the media making such a big deal of it?
Because if a war breaks out, thousands of Japanese, Chinese, Koreans, and Americans are going to fucking die, you idiot. And that's with conventional weaponry.

No, they can't EMP us. But they sure as shit can fire biological agents at airbases, or detonate a dirty bomb over Kyoto. Why do you think the Japanese government just had a demand put through by certain MPs that the JSDF preemptively attack NK? That's a direct violation of Article 9 and something Japan hasn't done since WW2. Yet they're considering it, given the threat.

they can't even get a missle off the fucking ground reliably. let them try with one of their subs, their diesel so they would be detected quickly and get btfo. regardless, nothing is going to happen with NK. the strike group wasn't even going to korea, it's all dick waving. in the end kim will get aid and he will fuck off for a few years until it runs out.

this is a WaPo bureau chief,
who thinks she is entitled to know the location of our ships at any given moment.
insane

Of course a fucking kike would ask that kind of a question. Most of the Navy doesn't know where the Navy is deployed at any given moment, and that's done intentionally. They're not going to give some uppity heeb their location for very obvious reasons.

Washington Post is an absolute disgrace and pure amateur hour

Loose lips sink ships

News Jews kill crews

>actually agree with this
>maybe i can learn to play that guitar that's been sitting under the bed
>yeah, i'll just have to look up the tabs and-
>FUCK

NK doesn't have long enough range on their ICBMs. They could maybe EMP alaska assuming a perfect launch and no missile defense from the US, but the mainland isn't in range.

An EMP attack is just a nuke in the upper atmosphere. Devastating for sure, but NK would be the ones to pull it off.

youtube.com/watch?v=7vZh9WHMkHE

guys...