Britbongs watch out

Britbongs watch out.

Other urls found in this thread:

tvlicensing.co.uk/about/media-centre/news/black-and-white-tv-still-going-strong-NEWS22
arquivos.rtp.pt/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why Canada.. why?

Every time I see one of these on the underground, my respect for the police drops a notch.

Passive aggressive assholes.

>Licence

fucking subhuman

>use a tv
>don't want to pay the tv fee

kill yourselves leeches

what if you dont use your tv for tv

> Disrespecting the police rather than the bureaucracy actually putting the signs up

There are plenty of reason to disrespect the British police, but this isn't one of them.

you need to have a licence to own guns even if you don't use them.
same thing for guns

That´s a joke right? No one is actually so stupid to design stuff like that unironically, right? RIGHT?

Oy vey, we need your license money to pay for all our anti-brexit, pro-immigration propaganda, Goy!
I don't care if you don't watch our propaganda, it doesn't pay for itself! We need the sheckles!

meanwhile in slightly paler latvia

Why do people think they ever do anything about this.

pic related

I won't hear a word of it, they are fine upstanding people and as for those chaps at GCHQ they are great!

For the record I had definitely purchased a TV licence

bfffffahahahaha we're all fucking slaves

Yeah, if you let those fuckers in, they are like "Oi! is that a computer, well you must be watching BBC on it, pay up surf"

when was that exactly?
i have literally never seen that ad anywhere on the underground
or the poster in

England. So much to answer for.

>Europeons have to pay to use their tv
????

What, is TV free in the us?

Truly the land of milk and honey

>Implying that I'm going to let them into my house without a warrant.
Mate, I've been living here for two years and I haven't had a single visit by them. They just keep sending letters.

the tone of that letter

Different. They intersperse the programs with ads. It's not possible to watch.

>VHS recorder
ya gotta be shittin me m8

you can get the tv reciever removed from the tv at an authorized shop, then send the documents to the big black cock.
or you know, just buy a LCD monitor thats cheaper than a TV.

fuck em.

And don't forget to bin that knife

Because they

You know.
WE KNOW.
WE'VE GOT A BLOODY DATABASE AN' ALL VAT

We still have an option of paying for a black and white tv license.

tvlicensing.co.uk/about/media-centre/news/black-and-white-tv-still-going-strong-NEWS22

yeah it got taken down pretty quick it was 'art'

What do you mean you have to pay to use a service?
wtf I hate europe now

We created you, so there's a lot to be sorry for.

I don't have a TV licence

tell them to fuck off its what we always did

This is fucking creepy. They are openly mocking you.

You get basic channels for free with ads in between. During the ad time, you can leave to use the bathroom, get food, go for a quick jog, etc. as the ads go for about 3-5 minutes. You can also buy cable and get thousands of other channels for a flat price or pick and choose what extra channels you want as part of a package deal. I have never had to pay to watch television in my life. The very idea of it is alien. It's like paying to listen to the radio.

>Willingly putting a propaganda machine in your house.

Here, you don't even have to watch TV. It is all available on the Internet, provided by the channels themselves. I watch some TV shows but I don't even own a TV.

>american
>going for a job

>tv cops knock on your door after peering through the windows
>Do you have a tv sir?
>No I haven't watched tv in years
>What's that big tv doing on that computer desk over there?
>It's a computer monitor. 40 inch 4k master race
>AHHHHHHHH you're busted it's a TV innif
>TV cops take you to jail

Their database lists every home without a liscence, it has been like this for decades but if you were from the UK you'd know this.

You'd also know that they legally have no way to punish you unless you willingly let them enter your house, if you dont they cant enter and you can continue as is. This is how it has been since before I was born

We used to have a radio license before the TV was invented

u fookin wat m8! is that for real? surely that cant be real?!? for fuck sake

Did they think that Orwell and Huxley were writing instruction manuals?

that's because they're fucking dangerous. a tv license is for something that isn't dangerous

It's too bad your ancestors gave up your right to self-defense. Or, you know, personal property

>Get done
A-are they going to bum me?

Nah, I'm going to keep letting them waste their time. I don't even have a TV and I don't bother watching BBC programmes because most of them are dogshit.

The way I see it, I'm providing a job for someone to do.

This is what people are talking about when they say that British comedy is worse than American comedy.

tv is more dangerous than guns

Actually, yes. Getting over-the-air antenna and you literally pay nothing to watch television outside of your initial investments into the hardware and the electricity to run them.

It's such an odd approach. Very surprised to discover that these were real posters when I saw them and not from some parody of a dystopian future. I'm still trying to articulate to myself specifically why they are so wrong. They have a kind of proprietorial tone about them that deprives the reader of some of their own sovereignty. That may be a part of it. They're truly offensive.

The more I learn about America the more i want to live there

>you need to have a licence to own guns
Not if you live in a real country

This surely has to be some sort of joke like Jackalopes and Drop bears?
British people have to pay a minimum of six pounds a month to a government office to legally own and operate a computer?
Why do you still live in the UK? It sounds worse than the USA

Do they just assume everyone owns a TV and subscribes to service?

>the legal occupier
>WE KNOW

the titbags dont even know your name

>6 pounds a week to watch TV
What the fuck

You were born with it. I moved to NA from Blighty as a youth. It's very jarring when you're not accustomed to it.

Why bother paying for a licence to watch shows on the internet when you can just pirate the shows for free?

Mama mia this is a spicy shitpost. During an ad break, you can easily jog around a block and be back in your house just before the ads finish. Do this for every ad break while watching tv and you get some good exercise.

Jesus christ bongs.

Just tell them you don't need one.

It's shit but I've not had a license for 7 years. No problems

Electricity is already taxed so why should anyone pay extra for TV?

why does your flag say Great Britain and not Airstrip 1?

>NPR

I can already picture the millions of lardass americans going for a job and hurrying up to their couch before the ad is over

TV content takes money to produce

The over-the-air antenna is only really a viable option if you live near a city. I live outside of Baltimore and I get about 20 channels for free, including most of the big channels such as ABC, NBC, etc. That said, most people spend in excess of $100 a month for their cable package. Which makes your television license fee seem puny.

Because oceana hasn't declared war on Eurasia yet

why do you live like this?

you are neutered by your government

you really should rise up like we did, life is most better knowing you have balls and that you are allowed to use them.

I forget that's even a thing. No one uses it and the taxes we pay for it are so small, that its negligible. There's a reason why the majority of their programming is just BBC stuff. They don't have enough money to make their own.

By that logic, they wouldn't be lardasses considering the exercise.
>Pasta intellectuals

Pretty much. I've also heard they are notified whenever you buy a tv but that might be load of bollocks.

>Great Shitstain

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

There is no license for guns in my state. you dont need a license to carry, purchase, or trade firearms. Nor is there a tv license.

$5/month for Netflix on the other hand..
Then you get all of your news over open air...
Then you get a cheap chromecast, so you can watch YouTube and whathaveyou..

I have about 60 channels and I live near NYC

Come on like America dosent spy on its own citizens too, at least they have the decency to be up front about it with us

But who pays for cable these days when you have the internet? Haven't had tv for six years now

I know. Rude right?

The reason they try to intimidate you like this is specifically because they have no legal mandate.
You aren't obliged to pay the TV license and they can't enforce it.

then you don't need a tv license

Way too late for them. Hundreds and hundreds of years of domestication has sapped their will. True. China shares some of this. Aeons of subjugation.

lmao!

>paying to watch jew media propaganda

AHAHAHAAHAHA

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAH

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

That's funny. No such thing is in effect un Canada.

thats hella gay m8

Wait, so how does it work in the UK? Is there a state Cable company? or do you need a license just to watch the free shit over the air?

other countries critisising a voluntary tax to pay for the right to access (without advertising) the largest most repected broadcasting service in the world

you dont get it, the BBC is really an amazing institution, of course there are problems with it but still there is no other country with something that can rival it (each political party hates it with a passion so it must be doing something right)

the model by which they make tv programs works so well that HBO has emulated it (we are very spendthrift with comisioning and dont churn out 300 episodes of turgid shit because we had to pay for that turgid shit unlike american networks etc)

there is a reason if you see a documentary you half expect to have a british voice narrating it
im happy to shill for the BBC, the BBC is great

I have never had a tv licence in my life, they don't do shit. Its just a meme

But in Portugal is the channels who uploaded everything to the Internet. Even some cable channels do it. Then, some people diligently save everything because you know it is going to go offline someday.

B..but we have to pay fees for radio too :(

>the police
are you retarded?

We use Amazon prime but yes. That's the game plan.
Sounds about right. Baltimore is nowhere near the city that New York is.
Everyone in your parents age bracket and up pays for cable.

Are these for real? You'd have mass protests for a sign like this in Turkey.

Yeah but the trade off is no add in their channels. Although they do have a commercial arm that does have ads and some license money goes to channels with ads

>paying to watch shit that you could watch online for free
>giving your money to the jews

Thinking about it though, I live in a shitty area so maybe they just don't bother here

An extreme example. This channel is uploading its whole archive to the Internet:
arquivos.rtp.pt/

You even have shit from the 1930s, back when it was only a radio.

yeah, its getting bad here too, but damn, no one comes to our house about a fucking unpaid bill for a service we never asked to have in the first place.

once things get bad enough overhere though, we can rise up cause we have we have firearms. they know this, so it keeps them from getting too brave.

if we lose guns, we'll probably be just like you, which is an existence I would rather not be a part of.

> Can't differentiate between "job" and "jog"

Tippity top kekklerooni

They cant find out you have a TV if you dont let them in your house.

So not enough people care to upload torrents of this stuff?