I finally did it...

I finally did it, a week ago shut down my kikebook account which I realized i've been spending almost 2-3 hours at least a day.

It still happens I press the button F as a reflex, but just to pay my respects.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.metapedia.org/wiki/Sayanim
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

teach me

I never made one because I'm not an idiot. Hey can we add you to our database and get a list of who you know, what you like to do and then sell that so I can be a greedy Jew?

>having fb account in the first place
You already failed, remove yourself.

I still have mine for trolling.

>I never made one because I'm not an idiot

This guy gets it. Most of the good goys around me think it's cause I'm fuckin old and can't Internet.

open your hosts file (probably c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts)
add "127.0.0.1 facebook.com" and "127.0.0.1 www.facebook.com"
gj

It is only good for messaging people and if I wasn't part of some group chats, I would have done the same.

>OP has social media presence apart from linkedin

kys

If you use Sup Forums you can't talk. There are tons of shit posting/ Sup Forums groups and pages there and that's the only reason I have mine still

Yep. That's what I do. I'm in those groups, and I troll trending bullshit stories with reality.

Facebook is still a very powerful tool for cutting down our media.

If OP was using Facebook to document his life, that's a problem, and it's a good thing he quit.

I use Facebook mainly for local news and dank memes all in one place. It's pretty insufferable though

I never made one and it's one of my biggest regrets. I could have gotten so much pussy if I had facebook because then I'd have a way to message girls that I met through school or work. Probably would have also gotten invited to parties as well. I'd probably also get wished a happy birthday since FB notifies you when a friends birthday is upcoming (from what I've heard)
At this point it's way too late for me to hop on the facebook train since I wouldn't have anyone to add to my friends list (most people cut contact with me years ago and I haven't been able to make friends since then)

Can't find it

How anyone under 50-80 years old still uses Facebook is beyond me.

You're not missing anything. On my "real" account (shut down long ago) I had people constantly contacting me from high school. They were either married with a dozen kids (and spammed pictures of the little brats) or were single alcoholics who constantly complained about their lives.

Facebook is extremely vain. Everyone's profile and their posts are the best of their best of their best. It's a facade, everyone on it is fake

You missed out on nothing.

I did the same thing many years ago. The reflex will fade away at some point. Don't fall back.

/etc/hosts

>/etc/hosts
how big is your tinfoil?

Fuck off guys I was like 15. All the cool kids were doing it, I didn't understand the implications.

I never update my FB anymore. I only post as my page if I have somehing to say or somwhere to comment.

Yeah I realize that it's nothing but a popularity contest, but I still think the ability to look someone up by their name and be able to message them would have been incredibly useful for me.
I wish I made one in 2007, senior year of HS because that's when it seemed to get popular. I bet if I added people from high school now, they wouldn't even remember. They'd be like, "who the fuck is this guy and why is he adding me?"

I want to delete mine, but then I remember it's pretty much my only contact with the outside world. I think I'm going on it less, none of your friends on there are really supportive of anything you're doing and just post up their vacation photos.

we are your friends, leaf!

At least some here know how a good OS looks like

fb been gay af muhdude

STAWP USING REAL NAMES on FbOOk U newfags. zuckerduck cant make money if he doesnt know your real names. your pics of your kids. gf. house. dog. car. etc. stawp it.

Don't even get on it.
I haven't used mine in a while. It's pretty freeing to not give any fucks

I was in some groups which are very good professional communities, that is going to be bad.

Being aware of their events are etc is good. I already removed all news outlets from my feed and unfollowed everyone but it was still an addiction. I just had a craving feeling of checking out pages, groups and timeline. So I decided to quit. I'm gonna miss a lot, but it was necessary since it damaged my time. Not saying never gonna go back but until I have shit ton of free time to waste or I need it.

Also I am not just a lowlife just using fb for killing time on meme pages, I had many real connections. But time wasting was imminent.

this is what i am aiming to do soon, on messenger

you are probably autists with no friend, so just shut up.

That was my experience as well.

Pictures of their food, vacation photos, pictures of their kids, duck lip selfies taken from behind the wheel of their car, and cat memes. No real communication. They just wanted to document the shiny parts of their lives to farm "likes."

People under 30 use kikebook?

good OS
>kys

forget about that pic

I only use facebook as an instant messenger and once in a blue moon to organize events like birthday parties.

Never posted anything publically or commented.

In the very early days your real name was no big deal. As time progress, it is getting more worrying being fully identified online. There are to ways to solve this.

>Don't give a damn.
>Go full tinfoiler

Currently I don't care. In the future, deleting fb is actually an option.

My google account however, is too tied up to be deleted

>fug

Kek, no man, it really doesn't make your life any more social at all. This is all it is
>pictures of food
>pictures of pets/kids
>stupid tag line accompanying the photos to give them some context
>people 'checking in' to the restaurant/bar they are currently in to try and show off
>random rants by people who always get ignored
>liberal memes and rants from single mothers whinging about how they're strong wimmins and deserve the best men
>food/life hacks that have been seen on here long, long ago

tl;dr, it's just cancer

btw there is also an extension called stayfocusd on chrome which I used for a while, restricts your time on certain web pages and notifies you,, then disables you not to use it.

You can start with that, first I dropped my daily usage to one hour, then to half. Now I'm done with fb.

I tried to log into mine a few years ago when a family member got into a car accident. I'd forgotten my password so did a password reset.

I went to facebook on the PC and to get a new password I had to agree that facebook:
>Could use my PC and phone mic and cameras whenever it wanted for any purpose it wanted.
>Could have unlimited access to all of my information on my PC and my phone to use however it wanted

There was more, but that was enough for me. I will never install, use, or visit facebook ever again.

Facebook is literally the social media for old people and virgins.

Good for you.

Defeat admitted.
Not that smart though. I'll go for the more easy ones.

what's the hip new normie timesink then?

or you could practically delete your entire timeline and all of your pictures and critical information. my FB only retains my profile picture and occasionally the platform facilitates relationships that otherwise wouldn't have

the only logging on I do is to accept an anticipated request or messenger

I deleted mine years ago and it was the best thing I ever did. I'd encourage all of you to do the same.

Every day that's being more clear. You're my friends too.

I probably also generate $20,000 in additional revenue as the business I own has over 1K likes and 50 reviews 5-star. FB isn't 100% red-flag status

I deactivated mine three months ago because of my college exams and I don't feel like reactivating it yet. To be honest the site is getting pretty bland and there's many alternatives. I'm guessing most people are gonna stop using it by like 2020 or something.

instagram, snapchat

this is what i'll do soon when I have time. For now I just don't want to get on fb. It's a massive time killer.

Sadly I still need it, when I have get rid of my need of using it I'll go back sweep everything, unlike every page, get out of every unnecessary group and delete/unfollow who is left.

I haven't been accepting people as friends for years actually, there has is a pile of followers of mine as well because i ignore their requests. I'll also remove them if I can and disable that add button.

I honestly cannot say it is unnecessary, it depends o how you use it. So I will strip all the shit stuff, just use it for professional use. Just like visiting Linkedin once a day to check if I have any notifs.

how do you spend 2-3 hours on facekike? it's just stupid vacuous comment after stupid vacuous comment.

Wow op your so cool and different!

If you grew up with Facebook and HAVENT stopped using it in your 20's you have no life

Kinda same reason, I'm doing my masters and this timesink damaged my studies pretty damn well. I might as well looking for a victim for my retardation but found a good one I guess.

The only reason I miss it is there's a few friends from long ago I might make contact with using it. I deleted mine after going through a nasty divorce and being unable to un-cuck myself enough to not look her up. Without an account, it's not viewable. It does give you a lot more freedom not having it.

nigga I deleted my facebook in 2006.

the site originally served a purpose of connecting students (.edu). when i started getting requests from 12 year old girls and friends' parents it was time to get the fuck out.

Snapchat if youre white and twitter/kik if youre a nigger

I'd like to say I deleted my "real" account because "edgy," but my ex-fiance was stalking me and had gone through all my contacts before I blocked him. Every damn day I would get confused messages from multiple people. I shut 'er down. Things grew nice and quiet, and I realized how much noise Facebook was throwing into my life.

I got rid of my kikebook a long time ago. My quality of life immediately improved. It's a little weird at first but I highly recommend it.

hello, are you qt?

>where do you think you are?

Ummm, Facebook doesn't 'install' anything.
2.) If you have half a fucking brain cell, you can limit resource use to your browser with appropriate settings.

Lemme guess Apple-kike user

I'm a gender-fluid hamplanet who believes in free bleeding!

Kill yourself faggot

>not just using it as a free service to messege family and friends

THIS.

Please go back to where you came from newfag
Also this isn't politics

I plan on doing the opposite.
I never had an account, but I'm considering on making one. (a legit one, I already have one for Tinder, but I never log in to it and it has a fake last name)

>messege
Achmed please. And dont you have whatsapp or telegram?

for a server

You wont even miss it man. I deleted mine years ago. Never told anyone I was deleting it just did it. Never missed it one bit and people were calling me to see it I was ok, kek.

NORMIES THINK YOU ARE IN TROUBLE IF YOU DELETE FACEBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great now just quit using Sup Forums and you're half way to being a worth while human

Removed my account at least a year ago now, it's great.

>autist low life with no friends
>because I never made a facecuck
you do realize you can still communicate with people through texting, calling and email, without putting all your information for everyone to see? I hang out with my friends in real life as opposed to a vitual playground. The only reason Sup Forums is acceptable is because it's anonymous.

Idris Elba

i had a facebook account somewhere around 2008 or so.
deleted it within a few weeks after realizing how harmful it really is.

Same here. I pity the Facefuck-generation.
t.2old2bee here

The thing I hate the most about social media in general is that people always tend to fake having a rather good life when they obviously don't. I knew people that literally went outside every once in a while just to take some pictures of themselves and upload them to the internet with a clever caption to show people that they aren't shut-in losers.
I also was in a group chat with some guys I knew online, whenever anyone got lucky and found himself a girlfriend or whatever, the first thing he did was to leave that group chat; it's like he's telling us "fuck you guys, I have a life now, I don't need you".
Everything about it is pretty childish and pathetic.

realistic version of me doesn't have pants on.

Checked.

Would like to add that if they're not projecting an idealized version of their lives, they're bitching and moaning about how miserable they are and fish for sympathy. I'm not sure which was worse.

F

I never actually bothered shutting mine down but i deleted eerything and havent gone on in a couple years.

how can i get rid of Sup Forums?

How much time do you spend on Sup Forums ?

I reduced the amount of shite I have on Facebook. I reckon I will delete it soon enough as it's just really childish. The only reason I have it is for organising events and lan parties. People may appear to have a great life but alot of then are pathetic trash in person. There a massive difference from someone in real like to their Facebook page. I think alot of people forget about that.

I haven't been on mine for over a year now and nobody gives a shit :( lol
Everybody I care about has my number though.

Absolutely 100% this!!
it's honestly useless.

I mostly use mine to share pictures of my daughter with friends and family. I also try to troll a bit by commenting on the bullshit of the narrative, and counter-signal Islam.

It's nice being born just on the cusp of plausible deniability.
>not sure if too old for fb or hiding something from potential employer

F
You will open up your browser and type F for months. It's insane. It will abate

I never had a Facebook account due to privacy concerns, but I'm opening up one soon because I'm almost 30 and still haven't found a girl to have kids with

It gets noticeably harder to meet women as age progresses if you're a tinfoil, in my younger days I had no issue starting laid but now it's kinda hard to do it being as reclusive and antisocial as I am

Am I making the right choice anons?

Best not to tell anybody, user. When I deleted mine a couple months back people I knew were concernedly asking me face-to-face questions on why I deleted it as if it was the end of the fucking world.

It's like they take offense to it because they're still on it, so you leaving they take as if you are saying they're fools.

Is this loss?

Don't say you weren't warned.
en.metapedia.org/wiki/Sayanim

all this, cancer everywhere
the only decent shit are a few meme pages that post funny stuff once in a while

You don't meet people on facebook. Get a pof account or something, and head out daily to get into the world.

Top rate! F for you also.

You need to get out more. Go join a gym, find a church to go to, do community service, take a class, things like that.

The people you meet online are mostly going to engage in an "emotional relationship" with you. 99 times out of 100, you will never meet these people in real life. It's a huge waste of time.

>facebook
>professional

Uh no. Facebook is completely unnecessary to maintain normal relations with other people. It's like people have forgotten that. Same goes for linkedin.

Actual professionals communicate through phone and email, as we did prior to 2008. Following someone on social media is in no way comparable.

Excellent list of why facebook is shit. It's like a law of the internet that online communities turn to shit when they become mainstream. Then the advertisers, bots and general morons move in and ruin everything.

Look at pol post-election, or plebbit for the past 5+ years.