21,000 Drug Convictions to be Thrown Out After Chemist Tampering

cbsnews.com/news/21000-drug-convictions-may-be-thrown-out-chemist-annie-dookhan-tampering/

BOSTON — Prosecutors moved to throw out more than 21,000 drug convictions on Tuesday, five years after a chemist at the state drug lab was caught tampering with evidence and falsifying tests.

The state’s highest court had ordered district attorneys in seven counties to produce lists by Tuesday indicating how many of approximately 24,000 cases involving Annie Dookhan they would be unable or unwilling to prosecute if the defendants were granted new trials.

The American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts said Tuesday night that 21,587 cases had been recommended for dismissal. It said that would be the largest dismissal of criminal convictions in U.S. history.

The cases would be formally dismissed by court action, expected Thursday, the ACLU said.

Dookhan pleaded guilty in 2013 to obstruction of justice, perjury and tampering with evidence after being accused of falsifying her work as far back as 2004. She was sentenced to three years in prison and was paroled last year.

Many of the drug case defendants have already completed their sentences, though some probably remain in prison because of other charges not contaminated by the lab scandal. About 2,000 cases had been resolved before Tuesday.

Prosecutors said Dookhan admitted testing only a fraction of a batch of samples, then listing them all as positive for illegal drugs. Her motive, they said, was to boost her productivity and burnish her reputation.

For those who have completed their sentences, wiping away their convictions will help them in other ways, such as employment, housing or immigration status, said Daniel Marx, an attorney who argued for the dismissals.

Other urls found in this thread:

reviewjournal.com/news/ex-chemist-was-high-on-drugs-every-day-for-8-years-while-working-at-drug-lab-report-says/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

she had a lesbian lover she gave the drugs to and they got high on coke and heroin and scissored.
Is this really a surprise to anyone?

link?

>She was sentenced to three years in prison and was paroled last year.
What the actual fuck?

What in the name of fuck? 21000 innocent people incarcerated and the cunt gets three years inside?

She should be lethally injected with the amount of drugs she made up on the faked tests.

Okay, I get it, they probably weren't all innocent - or most of them, tbqh - but even so three fucking years and she was granted parole?

Believe it or not, that was a different minority hire chemist drug tester:
reviewjournal.com/news/ex-chemist-was-high-on-drugs-every-day-for-8-years-while-working-at-drug-lab-report-says/

this. out of 21,000 people, if even 1% of the tests were negative but marked positive, that's 210 lives ruined. between 210 and 2100 years of prison.

she should be sentenced to death.

>that was a different minority hire chemist drug tester:
wew

>companies bend over backwards to give these subhuman retards work in the highest most important positions in the world
>you are suppressed and fought back at every turn. not allowed to participate in society beyond service and manual labor

Oh jeez, there's so many female drug lab employees stealing shit I get confused.

>poojeets
fucking subhumans

Just a reminder that forensic tampering is systematic and happens across the country.

lol she should obviously have had a harsher sentence but this indicates there's something we don't know about going on behind the scenes

maybe this chick was ordered by someone to do it, or she had information they considered so worthwhile that they decided to just slap her on the wrists for helping them out big time

none of them were innocent you retards.

They were violent criminals that needed to be taken offthe streets and she helped getthe evidence needed to do that

she's true justice, you cuck

>What they didn't tell you was that she is going inside the same place as the people she put in.
Justice.

It doesn't count as a "minority hire" when it's white women shoehorned into the position though because muh 14 words

>true justice
>need to tamper with evidence to ensure conviction
pick one, tard

Please tell me more about your "freedumbs" and your (((justice))) system.

That's Sonya farak in a different lab.

Dookhan was trying to get an affair going with a prosecutor and wanted him to think she was on his side.

If you look at her numbers it was staggering how many more samples she tested than other lab peeps

naw, she'll get house arrest or something weak.

she was probably ordered to to them because its not worth providing proof for niggers xD

I had a woman judge once, and she didn't listen to anything I said, so I skipped out on my sentence and fled the state. I'm a wanted man, baby.

Fuck women. They don't have the moral agency to be a judge.

You're not wrong m8:
>An email provided by the Boston Globe shows the close friendship Dookhan had with one particular prosecutor by the name of George Papachristos:
>“Glad we are on the same team,” he once wrote Dookhan — including one day in May 2010 when he told her he needed a marijuana sample to weigh at least 50 pounds so that he could charge the owners with drug trafficking.
>“Any help would be greatly appreciated!” he wrote, punctuating each sentence with a long string of exclamation points. “Thank you!”
>Two hours later, Dookhan responded: “OK . . . definitely Trafficking, over 80 lbs.” Papachristos thanked her profusely.

Yeah, I do get that part. But this isn't the way to do it m8. They weren't all macho big time drug lord enforcers in the dindu section. Drug felonies are an employment death sentence even in the UK, let alone the US.

I'm not a junkie, I've smoked a joint or two a long time ago in Holland, but even a sad prude like me can see the war on drugs is bullshit.

>boost her productivity
Cunt

Big crimes here don't put you in jail for that long. If you wanna get locked up you need to be caught with a small amount of drugs or be a mass murderer.

Dude if to read the report there were numerous times samples she said were positive for a particular drug came back as negitive by the confirmatory chemist. There were times that the actual packaging and weight changed when she resubmitted her results.

The state police report is available online. It's worth a read

If you have the nose for it you can do anything here.

>small amount of drugs gets you licked up for long periods
Um no. Try a few months of non-reporting probation.

If they were found with what appeared to be drugs, white powder, rocks, then in all likelihood they were real drugs, and drug dealers. People generally do not carry around white powder and what looks like crack rocks for no reason. Suffice to say these people were guilty, but get off on technicality.

I would have called you a fag but being British is justifiably the same thing.

If you get caught with crack or heroin you're going away for a long time.

>It doesn't count as a "minority hire" when it's white women shoehorned into the position though because muh 14 words

Farak is a Jewish/Middle Eastern surname.

>6 unsupervised probation.

your attorney did not fuck up. count yourself lucky.

>If you get caught with crack or heroin you're going away for a long time.

only if its 36 grams+, unless you got a long record.