/Ecclesia/-Christian Alliance General

For Catholics, Coptics, Anglicans, Orthodox, and Protestants alike, we are all brothers and sisters in Christ.

Bible:
>KJV
biblegateway.com/versions/King-James-Version-KJV-Bible/
>Septuagint
ecmarsh.com/lxx/
>Vulgata
drbo.org/lvb/
>Georgian
orthodoxy.ge/tserili/biblia_sruli/sarchevi.php
>Savonic
pomog.org/bible-church-slavonic/

Other urls found in this thread:

cslewis.org/resources/studyguides/Study Guide - Mere Christianity.pdf
truechristianity.info/en/the_screwtape_letters_download.php
bottradionetwork.com/stations/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vipassanā
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I don't really participate much not sure if that is bad but no one says anything to me.
I'm making huge efforts to stop being this way. Sunday is our Geat Day of Service (volunteer day). I get to go clean some old ladies yard in the ourskirts of town. I also signed up for small groups. Its hard being public about faith which I have been so private about all my life. At least you go to the church. Small steps. The commission is more important than church attendance. Get someone else to go with you.

The artwork is called Fall of the Rebel Angels. Carved from ivory.

Bump, good morning all

Real question for religious people.
Do you really believe there's a magic beardman watching your every move out there? Or are you merely pretending because you think religion is a good thing?
Genuinely curious.

You'd be surprised how powerful God is. Imagine watching each and every one of us and paying attention simultaneously multiply that by a billion. It's crazy what he can do

>xD

how do you know He has a beard?

I don't know that there is a magic beard man per se. I take kind of an allegorical view of things, so even saying that we are made in his image does not to me mean that God looks humanoid.

Rather, I would say that reality itself is an expression of God's existence. So it's not so much that he peeks at me when I'm naked as that I'm just some tiny pile of molecules in a vast universe, all of which comprises some portion of God's awareness.

Daily reminder.

Good Goyim!

how do you know He's a He?

Clearer picture here.

>Do you really believe there's a magic beardman watching your every move out there?

For goodness sake, no. We're Christian. Not some Hellenists.

I go occasionally, I'm not going to lie I am not even really religious, but there is some catharsis in going and reading. Maybe it is a form of meditation. If people asked me to do something I would though. This has been a pretty recent thing for me as well, I grew up atheist. I finally attended a service for the first time like 3 months ago. I should have done something for Easter but I didn't. I am by no means public about it, I don't even talk about it with friends
they would not understand and are pretty atheist and degenerate, I no longer do those things and we argue about it now...idk if we will be friends much longer.

Varg go away

>We waz vikings and shit
>Converted instantly

I still find this ridiculous.
The implication is that what our ancestors held as true is more important than what is true.

You still haven't justified Teresa's canonisation.

I did fine. Canonization is made final by apostolic authority.

And for what reasons did they decide on her canonisation. Just saying "it's legitimately because my church said so" isn't legitimate, just as many so-called "saints" aren't legitimate in both Catholic and Orthodox churches.

>Clearer picture here.
Yeah but I didnt take that picture. Its at the Nelson Art Gallery. >I am not even really religious
No man will seek God on his own. We are called to him.
>.idk if we will be friends much longer.
Jesus is worth the trade.

>typical atheist
Can't ask a question about religion/religious people without belittling them. You're not nearly as clever as you think you are, slick. But that's ok. Life will teach you.

>no mention of independent fundamentalist baptists

This is always a nice and comfy thread. Here's a gift for you all.

Bless you all.

What about them?

saw this in person, hell might be one of the pictures i took. beautiful work, only about a foot tall.

>No man will seek God on his own. We are called to him.
I think this may be happening to me, I like it, and i has got me into the gym in the last year or so. Starting to feel fit and really healthy it has helped me keep a clear mind and read more particularly the bible.

As far as the friends it is not that they are not Christian it is the drugs and drinking that they need to cut back on, my brother among them. I want them to be happy like me but they are showing no signs of following me on this journey.

She is the most unattractive of all the meme comics on Sup Forums... I get we like modesty but why did we have to bust her face up?

This is the hottest pic i've seen of her which isnt saying much

>they are showing no signs of following me on this journey.
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. I have little doubt your journey will take you where you're meant to go, and influence the people you're suited to influence.

Friends and family are usually the least receptive to change except for those who see something interesting and want to come along, and that often takes time if it ever happens.

I love her!

>Yeah but I didnt take that picture.
Didn't mean to say you did, my bad.

>Just saying "it's legitimately because my church said so" isn't legitimate

Apostolic authority is literally how all doctrine is declared authoritative, how the Biblical canon is declared authoritative, how the sacraments are valid, and the rest. Do you know what I am speaking about when I speak about apostolic succession or authority? Granted they are all guided by reason and analysis but they are made authoritative by the use of that authority since it is guided by the Holy Spirit.

For canonization there are methods for guiding decision-making but such rules have changed throughout the centuries and I do not know what they are now, nor what was given for St. Teresa's case.

That is unironically a good way to create a stable and not prone to chimp-outs society.

It is a very misunderstood quote, especially when it is taken literally and not allegorically by both sides, that's when you have christian (usually protestant) fanatics hugging the murderers and rapists of their daughters with a happy smile in a weird act of reconciliation or edgy teenagers saying that christianism is a weak and masochistic religion.

But if you can forgive someone who has done wrong to you, the bloodshed stops with you, if your God(s) demands blood against that who has offended you, then that becomes an endless bloodbath with constant honor killings and shit like that. This is simply what this quote wants to transmit.

This is why the Bible was only allowed to be read independently by enlightened "professionals" aka monks and religious scholars until very recently, because the dumb plebeians will always take everything to its apparently logical extreme without any understanding of its original context or the figure of speech.

Not for Catholics, because they aren't allowed to read the Bible.

u wot

>I think this may be happening to me, I like i
You like it because you are literally doing something you were born to do. You were born to be saved. Everyone was. This is why it feels fulfilling to strive towards this goal. It fills the empty spot in our being. Your friends are trying to fill it with emotions (happiness) and experiences (drugs, the poor mans travel). You have realized to started to realize that they do not last and are incredibly fickle and subjective to things beyond your control. Dont deny the tug at your heart. And understand that because you are starting to have faith that Satan will work harder on you.

You know it is not even that I cannot talk to them religion with out it getting really fedora tipping tier. It is that they have no interest in improving themselves. I bet Christianity would follow if they did. It is how I got interested.

its the most based denomination and it's not grown out of luthers reformation

its not 1200 anymore my dude... and they even have mass in english now..

From the original images of her, I found her appearance to be a pushy christian with a little case of anxiety. Much like the guy who made TempleOS.

Also thank you.

Just out of interest what denomination are you? Any reading you recommend, I am pretty much reading anything I can at this point.

>It is that they have no interest in improving themselves.
They have no interest in being told that they are wrong and confronting sin. Coming to christ means admitting that you pretty much suck at everything and are a terrible person worthy of agony that the human mind can barely comprehend.
Any man who puts his sect before his Christ has lost sight of his first love.

>med/brazilain/irish catholic spotted

Sorry moysh, your (((conversion))) of Europeans to (((Christianity))) went so fucking badly that ((your tribe)) had to literally rewrite and adopt 1/2 of our indigenous ways, and "holidays" just to get us to look remotely favorably at your communism.

>inb4 thinking Europeans all embraced Christianity willingly
>muh we united Evropa
>muh empires
>muh paintings n shit

Dont try it. Europeans created those things, Christianity did not.
Also dont forget (((Christians))) banned most of the science and art fomrs created by Europeans. ((((Christianfag)))) art literally looks like degenerate cartoons.

Ya guys just need to accept that your altruism, and cognitive dissonance has catastrophically, and fatally wounded (((your))) (((tribes))) method of curtailing Europeans.

>This is why the Bible was only allowed to be read independently by enlightened "professionals" aka monks and religious scholars until very recently

Actually it was that they could not own one and that was due to the lack of copies. With every copy needing to be made by hand all copies were important. Laypeople were allowed to read them fine. Commissioned copies were made out to nobles that could afford it.

Why haven't you joined the most based denomination yet?

>what our ancestors held as true is more important than what is true.

This is why you guys are loosing. Never stop this type of shit please.

Its only bringing more and more Europeans back home.

>TempleOS.
The only truly safe OS.

>Any man who puts his sect before his Christ has lost sight of his first love.
Are you refering to the catholic church?

Would be nice if the Catholic church were to pursue reforms like reading more of the bible at masses, now that it's not so much a matter of needing a priest to read the important bits of a rare copy of the bible to a bunch of illiterates.

I'd value that more than encyclicals about global warming and how we need to import more """refugees."""

>muh Christanity is a jewish lie
>but it's really just paganism rebranded
Make up your damn mind.

give me one good reason to follow pagan religions besides "Muh ancestors"

So much bullshit! You, dear sir, are the very definition of stupid paganism!

I always thought that Jesus is a God's son.

converting to Orthodoxy soon. I finally found God, been buddhist prior to this.

I am non denominational. Jesus first and only. I go to a non denom church as well.

For recommended reading? For a beginner?

C. S. LEWIS mere Christianity
cslewis.org/resources/studyguides/Study Guide - Mere Christianity.pdf

Short read. Incredible message.

Screwtape Letters was another good one and very short
truechristianity.info/en/the_screwtape_letters_download.php

ask your church if they use RightNow media (probably not if they are catholic but worth a try). Its netflix of bible studys.
bottradionetwork.com/stations/
I use Bott radio in my car a work. They have incredible sermons every hour.

Chuck swindal, Adrian Rogers, John Macarthur all write good books.

t.vargtard

>Europeans created those things, Christianity did not.

The view of a rational god creating a rational world motivated Europe in a way China was unable purely because they didn't have it. The centralized format of Catholicism allowed for unity in Europe under one banner and a centralization of knowledge which allowed the growth of the sciences through common dialogue rather than split up between warring tribes. The Christian notion of virtue is the most sophisticated is a continuation of the Greeks and IS the very traditionalism that modernism moves away from. The clergy/monastic class maintained the arts and sciences and bolstered them greatly while being focused on modest lives without expense. The notion of corporatism (do not confuse with Corporatocracy) is rooted in Christian teaching stemming in St. Paul, as does class collaboration. Our traditional understanding of women is rooted in medieval mariology. Everything you consider traditionalism is thoroughly Christian.

Given the pederasty, bestiality, and human sacrifices of pagan religions it would be foolish to compare an ideology to a people. They are two very different things and work alongside one another. One organizes the other. To say "Europeans did ___, not Christianity" is only born from a confusion of the situation already.

To anyone who argues about who is a heretic and who is not regarding proties and catholics. and among proties themselves.

People get to hung up on who else is going to hell and not out of a concern for there well being. Its always in an inflammatory way.

The church is playing a dangerous game of loosening doctrine to fill the pews.

typical leafery

I dabbled in vipassana buddhism in my late teens. Congrats on finding the light in the darkness.

Welcome, brother.

Anyone got any fresh Jesus memes?

>vipassana buddhism
?
offtopic, but which confession is that, Vajrayana or Mahayana?

Thank you my man, I will check these out.

>but it's really just paganism rebranded
>Make up your damn mind.
A bastardization is still a bastardization you retard.
Anyways the aspects that were adopted from our indigenous ways were cast away during one of your fucking hundred Councils.
>12 years of Christian schooling under my belt try me boy

>give me one good reason to follow pagan religions besides "Muh ancestors"

The strength
The mountains of wisdom
The natural connection and logic based upon your history (if you actually are Germanic b/c im speaking about Asatru)
The utter victorious and alpha tier mentalities of it
The its not invented by kikes as a vehicle of unilateral world domination
Should I keep going?

Also Asatru is not some faggot paganism.

Why dont you just fucking go to the AFA's website and read what our heritage is about?? Instead of just asking me to hold your dick?

Question for the various faiths - I've only recently been called to study the scriptures and don't belong to any denomination yet, though I am leaning Catholic.

I was beaten by a drug addict when I was three years old, left sterile and effectively castrated. My puberty was incredibly mild, and after some tests when I was 18 I was confirmed to be unable to impregnate anyone and had a virtually non-existent amount of testosterone. I had never developed a sexual attraction to males or females (still haven't), and considered suicide. I eventually transitioned to female and have been living in that role, married, for about ten years.

In the eyes of the Lord, what am I to your denomination? A eunuch? Able to fill the female roles of the faith? I'd genuinely like to know where the faiths stand on this, not so I can pick which one is easiest but so I can think on my next steps.

Sooooo basically Europeans...

Just like i said.

Oh shit son. That's horrible.

You're one of God's children, no less than the rest of us.

I saw
>christianity is not jewish

And just closed it.

Just stop.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vipassanā
Mayahana I think. Vipassana in the Buddhist tradition means insight into the true nature of reality. Meditation isnt for enlightenment. It is for insight.

I also believe it is Tibetan. I just pulled the wiki to give you a better definition than what my memory can pull from 10+ years ago

Not an argument.

Thank you user, I appreciate it. I've moved beyond it long ago and have already forgiven the man who did it to me. His life wound up being a waste, I sincerely never want to fall into the same pitfalls.

almost every buddhist school uses it. its a type of meditation. but its mainly used in theravada and zen (a micx of theravada and mahayana)

the vajrayana equialent is called shamata.

also the priest wrote back. Ill have my frist meeting on saturday :D. i hope ill be strong in my conviction, thats what ive been praying for for the past week.

Thas rite, goy
paganism is good and masculine
not like those kike worshipers, yes?

Is having sinful thoughts a sin in itself or only if you act on them? What if you don't recognize those thoughts as being sinful themselves?

>A eunuch
Traditionally yes.

>I'd genuinely like to know where the faiths stand on this
Well in protestanism you would be the same as everyone else. Finding Christ and once you do (holy shit cant remember the word. help me out guys. Being refined in the fire. I wanna say starts with S...) And once you find Christ and are saved you just try to live as he would and tell as many people as possible about his message of free salvation for all by just believing in faith.

For real though guys, whats that word. After your saved God puts you through trails to refine your behavior. Whats the word.

Jews hate Christians. Jews killed Christ. Christians who aren't protestant or nondenominational chrstian apologetics are not weak and do not always turn the other cheek, but defend faith.
odern European culture is inherently tied to Christianity, there is no Europe without Christianity. Mountains of knowledge can only be ascribed to christianity, not paganism. Pagans didnt know shit, its the Christians who invented modern education, who brought on modernity, and modern philosophy.

on that note, i find paganism the lesser of all evils. Atleast it does somehow tie into your culture.

>give me one good reason to follow pagan religions besides "Muh ancestors"
>first one given is "the strength"
>conquered people that claim oppression

I'm so sorry, user. To begin though, you mentioned transitioning. As people are different here could you explain to what extent you are?

hm, its a first time ive heard about this tradition. Ill review it, thank you fr the link
>also the priest wrote back. Ill have my frist meeting on saturday :D. i hope ill be strong in my conviction, thats what ive been praying for for the past week.
Congratulations and may God be with you :)

Sanctified?

I guess on the upshot if your hormones are messed up enough to where your voice never dropped, you could sing the castroto parts in a choir. That would be a rare thing these days

Certainly the entire congregation would get a bit of a reality dose that there are some sick people in the world that do evil things.

>and zen
Forgot about that. I did have a few Zen books. Still have one of them. Thank you for your help on that. And congrats.

Atheicuck here.
Redpill me on this:

>there are no logical arguments for God
>I only follow logic when it comes to metaphysical questions
>for that reason I can't believe in (an abrahamic) God

Aquinas arguments for God have been largely debunked by Fichte, Hegel, Kant, the list goes on.
And even if we were to accept them as truthful, they mostly argue for a point in causality that doesn't abide causality entirely, difficult to go from there to YHWH even.

but they wuz vikings n sheit

>To anyone who argues about who is a heretic and who is not regarding proties and catholics. and among proties themselves.
>People get to hung up on who else is going to hell and not out of a concern for there well being. Its always in an inflammatory way.

Sad to hear that you have not read the bible and have no clue what your religion is about and instead follow some kind of NWO hippie bullshit.

Saved

>just autistically posting a text pic that isnt directly connected to ANY historical writings about asatru what so ever and was written by some fucking literal kike named Greenberg in an attempt to normalize and date homosexuality

Wew

Do research before you fucking post shit that you saw on Earl of Grey you fucking sperg.

Fair enough. Appreciate the insight - what denomination of Protestantism do you belong to if I may ask?

I live as female in all ways at the moment, as a wife. I have male genitalia outwardly but they never developed past childhood, but internally all the structures are crushed or excised.

That's why they call it "faith." It's not a mathematical proof, although generally speaking I would rather a belief structure stand the test of reason, and Christianity seems to hold up as far as I care to try to take it apart.

Sin, by definition, requires will - if you instantly throw the thought away, then you haven't sinned. If you consciously dwell on them, you have.
>What if you don't recognize those thoughts as being sinful themselves?
Then the sin is lessened - in fact, if you aren't guilty of this ignorance, then if you aren't in state of mortal sin, you will still be destined to Heaven (although there is still some guilt incurred - just not the kind that condemns you eternally).

>Is having sinful thoughts a sin in itself or only if you act on them
Whats in your heart? Did you play with the fantasy or did it pop up and you just put it out right away? Are you keeping the idea around for later? Couple of variables in that. But i'd say the biggest one is, What is in your heart?
WINNER! Thank you! I kept thinking sacrilage

Doesn't that go for Islam, Judaism, Zoroastrianism, Hinduism, Buddhism etc. aswell?
If you have no proof, all possibilities are equally worthy of your attention.

Post the debunking then.
>And even if we were to accept them as truthful, they mostly argue for a point in causality that doesn't abide causality entirely, difficult to go from there to YHWH even.
First, they don't, if you mean the cosmological argument. Second, Aquinas actually developed quite extensive natural theology.

Thank you for your concern.

UNITE CHRISTENDOM

I don't see why not. I was born into Christianity. It's not as though I assessed all available options and chose it.

Early on, I didn't have to do much beyond asking myself if I really believed what I was told or not. Nowadays I find it interesting to consider more alternatives. I'm not particularly convinced Christianity (let alone my particular sect) has everything exactly right even if it was divinely inspired.

But thusfar, I haven't found a thoroughly convincing reason to switch sects, let alone take on an entirely different religion.

>what denomination of Protestantism do you belong to if I may ask?
None! Non denominational. I found Jesus through the radio and personal study of the gospels. My church is non denom as well. A non denom church will always and only preach about Jesus.

>European culture is inherently tied to Christianity,
Ofc but not becuase we invented it only because its been a forced state santioned religion for the past 900 years. So yes in that sense its apart of our history just like the Black Plague is.

>there is no Europe without Christianity.
THIS IS WHY YOU GUYS ARE LOOSING

>Mountains of knowledge can only be ascribed to christianity, not paganism. Pagans didnt know shit
You cant even say this because you dont know shit about Asatru. So you have no fucking clue what youre talking about here. Go read the AFA's website and then comeback. (I know you wont because its comfy living in cognitive dissonance)

Fuck no.