>be wrong
>nothing happens

>be atheist
>don't believe in hell
>be wrong
>??

>be wrong
>nothing happens
What if a real god exists and he isn't the Christian one? maybe he gets upset you worshiped the other guy and sends you to purgatory for eternity

You can't choose to believe something: You either do, or do not.

>>be wrong
>>nothing happens
Do you think only one other possibility besides Christianity exists?

But if the Christian is wrong, then he just wasted a significant portion of his only life trying to appease a wrathful God.
Hell is all hype anyways.

>be atheist
>have gay sex
>die from butt aids

What if its the old testiment, jewish god? If that is the case there is no hell, only heaven and nothing.

That opens up the question of whether or not you believe in the right god, doesn't it OP? Christianity is based on Judaism, which isn't even the oldest religion.

>But muh faith

Any god could exist and demand worship or else hell, and you'd still burn being the most pious believer if you were following the wrong god.

With all the effort Christians put into their mental gymnastics, you'd think they'd be able to see the bullshit right under their noses.

Well we can assume that if there is a God he wouldn't let his religion die out. This narrows it down to the theistic religions of today, the Abrahamic religions.

I'd say Christianity is your safest bet. Consider that Islam is basically Bible fan-fiction (what if...Jesus wasn't really crucified???), and the Hebrew Bible has no closure (messiah, when?)

>Well we can assume that if there is a God he wouldn't let his religion die out.
No you can't, you aren't even close to being God you don't know what he is thinking.

That's the whole point of any religion: believe in THIS one or else! The majority of people don't have the mental faculties to discern favorable moral standards for a society unless it comes in the form of magic pill that gives you eternal life if you're not a piece of shit. The whole 'believe or else hell' aspect is there to keep people in line with those moral standards. It's the same shit with a different smell everywhere you go.

>Well we can assume that if there is a God he wouldn't let his religion die out.

How can we assume that?

Why would he be upset at me worshipping a non-existent god?

>ITT
>babbys first apologetics

>be Christian
>believe in God
>be wrong
>die
>stand before Allah
>Allah asks you how many infidels you've killed
>say none
>he throws you into the fiery pits of hell

Look Sup Forums, it's not like Heaven is all that great either. The actual, biblical description of it has people literally stand around singing praises of God, eternally. This supposedly causes drug-like euphoria. There are no Earthly pleasures, nor any free will.
Oblivion or immortality in this life, those are the only good options.

The first fucking commandment, do you even read your holy book?

If that god/gods can't even sustain his religion on Earth I'm not worried about his possible existence

So you're saying that God exists?

"They shall build houses, and inhabit them and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. They shall not build, and another inhabit they shall not plant, and another eat: ... mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands."

Read your Bible before you open your mouth and look foolish

If you can believe your god exists and commands that you don't worship any other gods why wouldn't you believe another god could exist that commands the same thing to his followers? Maybe that god's followers are on another planet far away and Earth was just an experiment.

But the argument was that the god would be upset that I was worshipping other gods, so it would be just as safe to be an atheist, yet in the Bible atheists go to Hell along with the worshippers of other gods.

There could just as easily be a god who doesn't want anyone to worship him and only allows non-believers into heaven.

Also the point isn't whether it is safe or not to be atheist or Christian, it is equally "dangerous" either way so you should just do whatever feels right to you.

No, I'm saying that if you're Christian, it's retarded to think that your god wouldn't care if you worshiped other (albeit non-existent) gods because it's written in plain fucking English in the only source of information from which you take your beliefs. Please reread this post a few times before you reply.

Drink paint, moron. Then wonder what happens when Hades claims your soul, or Angra Mainyu, or FSM. The finish drinking the can and die in a pit full of spiders.

>singing with no throats

>building houses with no hands
>eating fruit with no mouth

You guys read the part where it says the body rots in the earth and that Jesus is the only guy to reincarnate in the flesh?

Basically, heaven is a bunch of souls (whatever that is, whatever that can do, whatever than means to us) "gathered around" some being we are told could never understand (not that it matters since we won't have any brain to understand anything).

How heaven is any different than just being dead is beyond me.

it doesn't make sense to worship an illogical, unjust or dishonest god because there's nothing you can do that will get you on his good side. no matter what you do may/may not result in damnation so we have no idea how to behave in this scenario.

hence, the only scenario where our actions matter is one where god is logical, honest, and just.

>be me
>believe in Madoka
>be right
>eternal bliss

>the only scenario where our actions matter is one where god is logical, honest, and just
and any god who rules over this fucked up universe is anything but.

this is a level of mental gymnastics i dont think ive ever seen. im not even sure where to start

Islam is thriving.

You are a Christian.

You are doomed to suffer in hell for eternity.

Just because you want god to be logical doesn't mean he is. The original argument was to worship him just because if you are wrong you are fucked but if you are right you are fine but I just showed that you can actually still be fucked if you are wrong.

>hurr durr if life on this plane of existence isn't pure bliss at all times where everyone is happy at all times and there is no sadness anywhere then God is a fucked up dick of an almighty being
Wrong level of existence, dummy. You're thinking of heaven. Now stop being a heretic or you will never achieve that plane of existence.

> The original argument was to worship him just because if you are wrong you are fucked
if you are atheist and wrong

>you can actually still be fucked if you are wrong.
can still be fucked if you are Christian and wrong

>be atheist
>die
>go before God for judgement
>God: "Well, you do make some good points... Alright, you can come in, but I've got my eye on you ya little scamp!"
>everything went better than expected.reddit

I think the afterlife of being human brings whatever you believe in... If you have no beliefs, it probably will be kind of dull and unfulfilling in any kind of spiritual way... Or maybe not

Sure, I'm taking a gamble by picking Christianity over Islam. But I'm not putting myself at greater risk by doing it. In the Islamic Hell, Christians will only suffer more than atheists if they manage to sin more.

It's actually quite a straightforward bit of logic. Do you need someone to help you understand?

Well, not quite. Right and wrong are decided by whatever standard god chooses. In addition, there may further unseen information that is currently unknown to us that explains why things are the way they are in our world.

if god is not logical then nothing matters anyway. Something that is rightous today may be evil tomorrow. Hence, we might as well just say "fuck it".

The only scenario that is not a "fuck it" one is if he is logical. Since it doesn't make difference if we behave this way in the "illogical god" scenario, and it gets us into heaven in the "logical god" one we may as well assue this one is the case.

"The Lord Jesus Christ ... shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body."

Read your Bible before you open your mouth and look foolish

>"illogical god" scenario
He's not illogical though, his logic is just that he hates anyone who worships him. There isn't anything illogical about that inherently. Or maybe he doesn't care particularly if you believe in him or not but he will send anyone who believes in religion to hell because none of our religions are correct and were all completely wrong.

>I am an all powerful God capable of creating a perfect reality, in fact I've literally created that reality and it's called Heaven and If I wanted to I could have everyone live there
>Lol I'm not going to though instead I'm going to put you into a shit world and make you a shitty person as a test and if you give in to your shitty nature you go to an even shittier place instead of the perfect place
>I'm not the bad guy though lol
You LITERALLY cannot logically defend this. Why do we need to prove we are good to him for him to accept us when he could just make us good from the start? Because then we wouldn't have free will? If Heaven is a perfect reality where nothing goes wrong then there is no free will there. Why not just cut our reality out of the equation and go straight to Heaven?

>god is real
>it's a troll god
>he invented religions as a shit test
>the test is of your intellect, his greatest gift - the one that differentiates us most from lesser life forms
>to be religious is to miss all of the incredibly obvious reasons why all religions are false garbage, and is therefore a failure to utilize his greatest gift properly
>fail and get sent to super hell
really makes you wager...

>be me
>1 day be torn from mortal coil while sleeping by some angry spirit
>apparently i got some world record
>be called the embodyment of sloth
>be thrown into votex
>fight a squid monster thingy that grows into more squid monsters when you tear its tentacles off
>find out im the squid monster

>Be an omnipotent and omniscient God
>Create a system that rewards and punishes conscious creations for all eternity
>Already know which creations will be punished based on omniscience
>Allow for creations to be punished for eternity

Better yet:
>Be an omnipotent and omniscient God
>Be really bored
>Create weak beings that can evoke feelings of anger or happiness on god itself
>Reward the ones that make It happy, punish the bad ones

It's only logical to oppose such a capricious god. Join the majority of us in hell or in eternal, solitary, insufferable protest.

pascals wager is religious huckster shit

>Cmon man, what do you have to lose?

I was not arguing otherwise. I just argued that it only makes sense to assume that "god is logical, honest, and just", because if he isn't, it's pretty much guesswork anyway so we just as likely to be right as anyone.

>god is logical, honest, and just
behaving righteously will guarantee salvation

>god is missing one of the above
behaving righteously is as good a guess as anyones

>Christians support a demon God who punishes good people simply because they don't worship him

Literally demon worship.

That's such a fucking copout.

How's this for an argument? I believe God is real but will send any religious person to hell so I will believe in him but not be religious just to be safe.

Maybe the other god you're describing is a cuck and doesn't care.

>be christian
>follow a religion man created as an instruction guide to "get into heaven"
>god asks you why you discarded your free will and changed your behavior for good boy points

>be atheist
>don't believe in god because man made religions exist
>???

That's the fucking point, you can't claim one option is safer when literally any possibility could be correct and any possibility could make any other choice equally shit.

>logic is a fucking copout
don't be such a chimp

Are you retarded? Okay quick religion lesson.

Islam believes Jesus was crucified for Allah and that he is the messiah. Mohamed was the man to spread this message among the Arab tribes and unite them through Allah. Which is what created jihad as being something other then an act of suffering but an act of war, that is all Islam to think violence is holy but Jesus was still the messiah.

In the Jew version, the messiah does not exist. Simply the prophets and Jesus didn't exist. The Talmud later made sure that it was sepereate from Christianity explaining the goyim etc.

All of them are fan fictions add ons to the original testament.

There is a giant toilet in the sky and if you dont believe in him before you die you will be flushed into the unholy sewage of god forever

I mean there's no point in not believing so pls do

There was no logic it was just you being retarded.

if we listen to the bible, god created us in his image.

so either christianity is a false religion or god is not logical, honest, and just.

>Why not just cut our reality out of the equation and go straight to Heaven?
Because some cunt named Eve had to go and fuck it all up for us, lad. Women ruin everything.

no you ape, you just failed to grasp the fundamental argument behind my post because you're having "u can't no nuthin" seizure

hence we can logically discard the bible

Gods are all about mass punishment and trials though, there's no reason to assume they care if their religion is major or if most humans get saved

Where are you getting the information that Christians discard free will?

Were is the fun in that? If we all just got medals.
If God is real and he is a what the Christians believe he is, then he wants us to live up to his ideal and we have to work to attain it. We can win the big prize through hard work or burn for ever. It's one giant Champions League and we are each a team. Glad to see you out Barcelona, faggits.

>alter behaviors in pursuit of a reward whose only evidence of existence comes from other followers of the religion and a book written by those followers.

The only one you should listen to and be honest to is the one that looks back at you from the mirror. They're the judge and jury.

No. Muslims do not believe Jesus died. They believe he was a prophet of Allah who ascended to Heaven without seeing death.

There's a promise of a messiah in the Book of Genesis, so unless you're arguing that Jews have discarded the Torah, I don't see how you can come to your conclusion.

> and the Hebrew Bible has no closure (messiah, when?)
and the Christian Bible has no closure (second coming, when?)

>be wrong
>nothing happens

>wasting your one and only entire life performing prayers and rituals to please a being that never existed in the first place is "nothing"

>discarding the bible is logical

The bible is an honest look into how civilization was maintained when we were without luxury. When there were no real laws beyond what a man with a sword said. How the weak survived under the protection of the strong so that more strong could be born and with them, a wall.

It is not logical to discard a valuable source of information, no matter how oriented it is towards control.

>be christian
>believe in (you)r god your whole life
>strive to please him
>be wrong

>be mudslim
>believe in (you)r god whole life
>strive to please him
>be wrong

>be kike
>believe in (you)r god your whole life
>strive to please him
>be wrong

>be atheist
>reject religious doctrine and horseshit and follow personal convictions based on experience and accumulation of knowledge
>get shat on by all other groups while they continue to shit on each other
>eventually die with the only consolation being that one day they will die as wel

>no you ape, you just failed to grasp the fundamental argument behind my post because you're having "u can't no nuthin" seizure
You are an idiot. You gave no reason why we should assume god is logical. In fact you did not explain why god sending worshipers to hell is illogical.

Okay well you didn't answer my question.

Willingly altering my behavior for whatever reason is not discarding my free will.

Christianity differs from most religions, as its one of the few symbols for the creator who is willing to die for you instead. Christianity is understanding Gods love for his creation, which is the soul that sits inside of you

I choose to believe the earth is flat, and DA JEWS and the catholic church are lying about the shape of the earth, and have been for hundreds of years.

The Bible has closure. Christianity on Earth has not reached closure.

>Be christian
>God demands I worship him
>God needs my approval
>God cares so much about my approval that he punishes me to an eternity of torture because I heard his mighty fee fees so much.

this. sure wasting your 80 years in this reality isn't much compared to theoretically spending an eternity in hell, but it's certainly not "nothing"

if you're a devout religious person and you end up being wrong you've wasted a large portion of your one and only life

Yeah, but you can't exactly choose what to believe in. How would I even know which religion to follow? And it doesn't really count if I'm pretending. If I don't feel a special calling to any belief, I have no reason to believe it.

In the end you've taken an external ideology and internalized it as your worldview because it makes you feel good, because it lets you deny aspects of existence in exchange for comfort.

The objective of life isn't to get into heaven. It's to be you. Heaven is a trap.

>if you're a devout religious person and you end up being wrong you've wasted a large portion of your one and only life

It only depends if you've fallen for the trap.
Religions are usually a honeypot for greed, and pride, and lust, they are usually dens of sin. Like all tools however they can be used to do good by the guidance of your own conscience.

Discarding religion for the sake of its falshood is as wrong as embracing it to aid oneself through harming others.

>be me
>if I have faith and am wrong nothing happens
>if I have faith and I am right I go to heaven
>faith isn't a choice
>my faithlessness consumes me
>spirals into nihilistic depression

Just be you.

I know it sounds like some lady gaga shit but that's because it's one of many messages that has been hijacked by evil to corrupt youth.

>Just be you.

But I wanna be hardcore but my mom wont let me

Okay, but once again you've failed to answer my question, which was the only thing I asked about.

>just be you
it's like you haven't even investigated postmodernism

Allow me to simplify it for you. FIrst we will take a diversion into free will so you can understand the principle behind the argument.

>Theory
we may assume that we have some measure of free will
>Argument
If we have no free will, we did not have a choice about whether to assume it or not anyway so it would have been impossible to do anything different. Hence, we are no more wrong than the atoms in the ink on a piece of paper that happens to read "I have free will".

We are therefore as correct as it is possible to be.
Now that we have extabslished the general outline for the argument, let's see it applied to god being logical:

>Theory
The likelihood of reaching salvation is maximised by assuming god is logical

>Argument
If god is illogical then any choice we make may be arbitrarily used to punish us. It may be the case that only christians get saved, but god (being illogical) may then decide that they should actually be punished. Or maybe evil should be rewarded and good punished on even days, and the reverse on odd days.

There is just no way of know how to behave when confronted with an illogical god. And it could change any time, since god is illogical. Therefore there is all choices are equally reasonable when god is illogical and assuming he is logical is as good a choice as any other.

If he is logical, then assuming he is logical makes our assumption correct anyway.

Who cares? Sit down and think about it, spiritualism is important to a lot of people.

I'm an agonstic-Atheist but I had scripture classes and all the dumb shit growing up and my Father told me constantly that the most important thing with you and religion is your relationship with god, if you are to remain religious than do it for yourself, don't do it for the Chruch, don't do it for "muh white race" and for gods sake please don't do it to please the obese faggots on this board, do it for yourself.

Your relationship with god if he does or does not exist is between you and God. Don't let the kikes blindside you, you're not going to get into heaven by dropping another 20 in the hat you get into heaven by finding happiness in your own life, the kingdom of god is within man.

And if you can't bring yourself to retain your faith then take the Jordanpill and use Nihilism to find meaning and purpose within yourself and your life and use that to find happiness.

>be Christian
>believe in God
>die
>get denied the gates to Valhalla for being a middle-eastern jewish puppet

Why don't just have a noble heart?
If God is such a wonderful being, why would he cast a good man into hell just because he didn't believe in him.
Religion should provide guidance in life, it should not consume you. There are more important things in life like family.

The most insidious external threats are the vague ones.

Don't take something that vague as your worldview. Yes, I know,
>dude, I was joking lol
but are you really?

no matter your world view, if you do not take the initiative to define it yourself you will be controlled.

Right, but you haven't shown how god only accepting non-worshipers is illogical. Why is it illogical? It is a very straightforward logic, god does not like attention and therefore punishes people that choose to worship him instead of living their lives.

It seems you already have an answer in mind, then. Just pretend I said that one.

Check mate atheists

desu if god was a Magical girl I'd be at church ever weekend nikka.

postmodernism heralded an end to meaningful intellectual and philisophocal development.

Checked and same
Not even a weeb. It'd just be hard not to praise a cute grill that created life and only wants senpai to notice her.

No because he gave humans free will, thus allowing his religion to possibly die out. He wanted people to be able to choose their damnation. If you don't believe that is your choice and you will burn.

What if you're wrong and there is a god, but it's not your god?
You still burn in hell.
The reason why pascal's wager is retarded is because it's trying to assign a probability of 1 to a good or neutral outcome for a man who picks a particular faith. In reality, the set of possible outcomes is much larger than "Christians being right and atheists being right."
An atheist's probability of a good or neutral outcome is only 1/n smaller than everyone else's, where n is the number of religions that believe that non believers go to hell (that is, n is fucking huge and 1/n is therefore fucking tiny). Things only become more convoluted when you account for religions that make allowances for non-believers, or special exception punishments for specific groups like atheists or Jews.

Of course, there's the 1/N (where N is the sum total of all religions in the world) chance that your conduct is awarding you with a trip to heaven that you would otherwise be denied. Is it worth spending your life agonizing over every thought and impulse? It's your only life, as far as most people are concerned. Even if you're reincarnated, that's not the same person.

If I had it my way, I'd give anyone who was so cowed from his nature by the suggestions of his fellow man 30 fucking years in the spiritual penalty box for being such a goddamn dumb ass and wasting his time on earth.

God is a magical girl, and when you die you become a magical girl too.

who cares about my own nihilistic depression? me, obviously. nothing ties me to my friends or my colleagues, I feel adrift. no one's talking about kikes and money.

if modernism killed God, postmodernism finished off what was left of man

>god is going to burn me because I disregarded a man made religion
That will be an interesting conversation.

But if you died as a warrior it's fine though.
Moral of the story: always go out with a bang. (shit a thought just came to me as I typed that. Warriors who die in battle to to Valhalla. Valhalla is a Viking belief. Sweden was one of the strongest Viking countries. Sweden cucks itself and lets Mudslimes in. Mudslimes generally die as warriors doing something or another. Mudslimes go to Valhalla. Swedes get cucked and overrun by Mudslimes even in death. Swedes have to explain to their ancestors why all the invaders are in their Viking heaven.)