What's the one thing holding you back from religion?

I like some elements of Christianity like evaluating your actions towards other people but the one big thing holding me back is the entire ideaology that the moment you are born, you've sinned and the only way to redemption os to completely surrender yourself to the Lord. It's the type of shit that keeps me up at night.

I like to think of myself as having free will and making my own destiny. And to think that everything good or bad that happens to me is a result of the Lord? It's just insane and discredits all the hard work or accountability pf my actions.

>Hey cousin Ben is in the hospital, he's got a blood transfusion and is getting better!
>thank God!
This automatically discredits the actual tangibility of the doctors and medicene involved to make Ben better.

>hey your drinking problem is hetting way out of hand
>I know! It must be God's test to me, another challenge to overcome.
This is just blaming the weong person and me not overcoming my own problems

Sometimes I feel like I like the feeling and community of people who believe in God than God itself.

Other urls found in this thread:

norse-mythology.org/cosmology/yggdrasil-and-the-well-of-urd/
norse-mythology.org/concepts/destiny-wyrd-urd/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I am not going to give up sin.

???

Oh by the way, your reasons sound like they come from a teenaged atheist with a libertarian blog, and will not survive a reading of CS Lewis's apologetics. My reason is honest and sensible, if Satanic.

The whole faith part, honestly.
Also i would have to stop jerking off

I want to be a christian but I just cant accept
That mary was a virgin
Jesus is god
Jesus performed miracles becuase he is god.

Nothing, I am a devout kekist.

You have to give up sin (or at least resolve to, even though you technically cannot anyway) in Christianity. It has to do with the inhibitory nature of habit. I see sin as humanizing and humbling me so long as I am not outright proud of it.

I didn't want overly complex examples.

God is that which is beyond your understanding. Doctors exist in the material plane and do their best to practice scientifically validated medicine. Thanking God does not exterminate doctors any more than admiring MacArthur eliminates the US Navy.

Great album btw.

The heathens had it right. Seeing complicated things as "this or that" is Jewish.
norse-mythology.org/cosmology/yggdrasil-and-the-well-of-urd/
norse-mythology.org/concepts/destiny-wyrd-urd/

Overall I like religion but don't believe in the supernatural. So I'm personally agnostic but am glad most people are not.

CROSS was the best Justice album IMHO

The reality of sin has to be acknowledged, it is transgression of the law. The world is fallen because of the original sin.

You have free will but the flesh lusts against the Spirit and the Spirit against the flesh (Galatians 5:17: For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other:)

keep studying Christian theology

man is a disgusting failure and Christianity is one of the few things to recognize this fact. There's not salvation for man on his own, he'll never fix this earth or anywhere we inhabit. Christ offers salvation, the only people who reject it are fools

There are a lot of beneficial and interesting things in the Bible. If anything is to be taken from the Bible it is that it prevents degeneracy. It also is redpilled when you read between the lines and understand the bigger picture. Only fools take the Bible literally. The only thing I have disagreements with is what happens when you die. I believe in a never ending reincarnation type phenomenon and the Bible believes in eternal torture or happiness.

>What's the one thing holding you back from religion?

I have a normally functioning, rational brain.

This

>Christ offers salvation
[citation needed]

Man.
That's pretty much it.
Also God being vain as fuck.

She was abducted and impregnated by ayy lmaos dude, hence jesus was a hybrid..

My father, if I become religious, he will disown me.

Sup Forums gore threads. no loving god would allow the shit that's posted there to happen

>Only fools take the Bible literally
>I believe in a never ending reincarnation type phenomenon
Your as much of a fool as the rest of us

Now this is a religion I can believe.

More work and why the fuck would I do something I don't believe?

>He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

LMAO what a pathetic weenie.

Not going into the whole religion thing, but do you really think you've got free will? It might not be so simple, you know

The answer to the JQ is the hebrew's rejection of Christ.

My dad has been really tormented by his Christian upbringing, as was I. While I can appreciate many things about Christianity, the ideas that are presented as absolute truth seem to do a lot of harm.

Religious deism + natural law is where its at.