Is it possible that an outsider looking in on European/white culture could understand it in a way that allows him to...

Is it possible that an outsider looking in on European/white culture could understand it in a way that allows him to create a clearer metaphor than we ever could?

>cultural stagnation creates nihilism/"hollowness"
>nihilists/hollows instinctively attack the values of anyone who seems to be living for a purpose
>The old institutions and churches which gave our life meaning/"the ancient lords" stand tall above us but in name only, they no longer provide our lives with the meaning they once did and there is a cloak of lies which enables them to seemingly continue standing vigil over us
>Those with vision enough to see strength but who are grounded enough to see the horror of our hollowness retreat into escapism, create paintings of a cold and gentle world without pain.
>The only thing that will end this slow hell is to re-ignite the fire, the spirit of our people, that will bring forth both violence and disparity but also rebirth and progress
>that or we continue our nihilism towards our demographic displacement and greet the Age of Dark...

Dark souls 2 was the best, had the best pvp by far

3 was shit because they absolutely trashed str builds and made the carryweight stat worthless (in any scenario it is better to invest in health rather than carryweight to wear heavier armor) and they got rid of poise completely so faggot katana kids wouldnt cry so much
Loved the bosses in 3 tho

Ds1 wasnt even hard, it was just inconvenient. And if you play pyro its a joke. Its the most loved by fanboys solely bc its the first

Strength builds are great now and Poise still exists, it just functions as an invisible hyper armor meter.

Yeah they changed to that after 6 months of ppl trying to figure out wtf was going on.
Before you could go into your game and change one value from 0 to 1 and suddenly poise would work exactly as it did before.

And str sucks compared to a dex with a 10ft katana that uses barely any stamina and can hit over 600

neat thread user, you make some good points. please continue

I never liked pvp and the health system and weapon degradation was bullshit in DS2.

Replayed two recently it just feels so sluggish after bb and ds3.

2 was shit, didn't even feel like a souls game. Wasn't crafted like one either. Decent game, but not Dark Souls. Fucking terrible for a Souls game.

Outsiders usually have to do a lot of studying when they create something in vain of a different place and have more extreme fantasies of something they aren't apart of
British writers create better Superman stories than Americans

Knowing this, how come weebs haven't created something made in vain of the Japanese that isn't shit? Other than Samurai Jack maybe

>Dark souls 2 was the best
objectively wrong

>>cultural stagnation creates nihilism/"hollowness"
that isn't really a western concept. if anything it's more asian since Japan was pretty much the same for thousands of years before Europeans came
>>nihilists/hollows instinctively attack the values of anyone who seems to be living for a purpose
not really particulraly western, crabs cand a bucket are everywhere
>>The old institutions and churches which gave our life meaning/"the ancient lords" stand tall above us but in name only, they no longer provide our lives with the meaning they once did and there is a cloak of lies which enables them to seemingly continue standing vigil over us
>>Those with vision enough to see strength but who are grounded enough to see the horror of our hollowness retreat into escapism, create paintings of a cold and gentle world without pain.
>>The only thing that will end this slow hell is to re-ignite the fire, the spirit of our people, that will bring forth both violence and disparity but also rebirth and progress
>>that or we continue our nihilism towards our demographic displacement and greet the Age of Dark...

It sounds more like you're projecting your views onto Dark Souls though

If you want a Western game that understands a lot of European culture just play the Witcher 3, or watch it, it's a very okay game

The tits on the left are nice, but there's something up with the pair on the right

>didnt even feel like a souls game
You mean it wasnt horribly biased towards light armor katana weilding weebs?

Dont start on the "story" aspect. dark souls is notorious for having 0 story unless you read about it on the internet

Maybe its not a souls game, it is far better than 1 and 3 so it makes sense that it would be different from them

they're just smaller

It's human nature itself and I like 3 because I can see why some of the Lords don't want to ignite the flame. The hollows growing into trees are probably sjws. That's their ultimate form after destroying most of the fun for others.

Yeah, maybe it's just me, but reigniting the fire always seemed like trying to hold on to what you used to have against all odds, it wasn't progress or rebirth, it was just life support for something long dead. The Age of Dark seemed to be the unknown.

Hold onto the shards of the past or plunge yourself into the unknown?

This is a quality mental image.

Witcher is not western though

This is now a DeS/DaS(n) general.

>You mean it wasnt horribly biased towards light armor katana weilding weebs?
No cunt, I don't mean that. The movement, attack animations, rolling, running, jumping. Everything felt off. I can play 1, 3 and BB, but every single time I go back to 2, it just feels off.

>Dont start on the "story" aspect. dark souls is notorious for having 0 story unless you read about it on the internet
Ok, cool, so you're one of those faggots who doesn't read flavour text. Don't worry, that just means I'm going to disregard what you're saying because you're intentionally ignoring a huge part of the game's narrative.

>Maybe its not a souls game, it is far better than 1 and 3 so it makes sense that it would be different from them
>it's not a souls game but it's the best souls game
Fuck off, queer, Dark Souls 2 is shit.

Nah, there's something wrong with her cleavage. Her right tit is really compressed, as if it's being pushed in towards the left one but it hits an invisible wall and squishes against that instead of against the left tit. So you have one regular tit and one smooshed tit, just looks weird. ( )| )

well it understands European culture (mostly set around Slavic stuff, but a lot of Scandinavian cultures is there too)
Would be nice if we got a game more set in a Celtic setting full of Celtic elements be made
Oddly enough I don't think we even have a game set around pre-Victorian era Britain either

>0 story unless you read about it on the internet
Here we have someone who paid 0 attention and probably just bum rushed everything till he could get to the PvP so he could le honourable duel.(Shit on people who aren't interested in PvP and run away from those with a PvP build).

Reading on the internet can help you out, a lot of shit is harder to figure out. BUT HALF OF IT IS ITEM DESCRIPTIONS
Honestly, most of those lore videos are just item descriptions being read out then some filler theory in between based on environment, dialogue etc.

Paying attention is all you need to figure out the story, and when people say 2 isn't a proper souls game it's more than the story.
Dark Souls 1 and 3 were a punishing game if you were an idiot, being smart made it possible to avoid death or even avoid getting hit at all all over. An example being, the tutorial area was a guide on how to beat the first area almost(Teaching you how to avoid the barrel rolling down the stairs, and how to beat the demon on the bridge easy).

Dark Souls 2 was hard for hards sake. Biggest example of this is the instant rotating super attack enemies. Because fuck being allowed to dodge behind the opponent, he will spin and hit you.(Actually got launched into space a few times by enemies spinning very fast.)
Not to mention uninspired boss design for the most part.(One or two were cool, rest were big suits of armour)

It wasn't a bad game, but it was a terrible Dark Souls game.

>the age of dark skin
CALL ME GWYN BECAUSE I'M ABOUT TO BURN THIS MOTHERFUCKER DOWN

I just liked 2 because of all the content with the 3 dlc's, it was definitely the most enjoyable dark souls. 3 was fun as well but it was too short, I must've beat the game in 15 hours despite not missing anything.

As for 1, it doesn't hold out once you've played any other souls series or bloodborne and come back to it, but i'll always remember it for having the best blind run since it did introduce me to the series.

>2 feels so off but 1 feels fine
This is 100% wrong and you know it because ds1 plays like shit

>you dont read the text
Nigger i read everything then went on to read more about it. Dark souls storyline is literall retarded, remember the marriage part in ds3 to get the lord of hollows ending?

>ad hominem
Sorry for triggering you with my superior opinion

Kiwis get it
2 was and is hot garbage

>When burger shows sense

Mate...

As somebody who spergs out about Souls games once every few months, allow me to offer my insight.

Dark Souls 1 is very tight. It's ambitious, and sort of falls apart near the end, but you cannot deny that it's a solid game - strikes a balance between the speed that DaS3 attempted, and the slow weightiness of DaS2. Now before you go squealing
>b-b-but that's not weightiness, it's sluggishness!
Let me explain.

Dark Souls 2 is the 'heaviest' of the two. It has, by far, the most content of all three games, and the best DLC. Gameplay too is another point of contention, but it's defnitely serviceable - the hitboxes are fucking shit, but you can adjust to that. It doesn't justify it, but beneath that layer of crust, you get a more weighty experience than DaS1. Everything's slower, and more sluggish - it feels like you're a guy with a sword rather than a trained knight, if you will. The viability of varied builds, too, is the best - it has the most options.

Dark Souls 3 tried to be Bloodborne, but removed the protag's mobility. The enemies are fast and the weapons are slow, albiet quite varied. It's rather poorly balanced, of course - Dark Souls 2 after patches is the best.

In a way, it's like this.

Dark Souls 1 is a balanced build.
Dark Souls 2 is strength.
Dark Souls 3 is dex.

It's liked by folks for far different reasons.

Holy shit

Unlike the unknown, I have witnessed the age of dark skin...
AND NIGGER WE GOTTA RELIGHT THAT FIRE QUICK

the real redpill is humanity's nature is essentially hollow and dark and the flame is a reflection of the deities' hubris with man seeking to emulate that nature to become godly himself, despite forever truly being a husk of a being

The question of whether or not the story's some kind of Nazi call to arms rests entirely on just figuring out who the creators vote for in Japan
If they vote for right-wing parties, it's a Nazi game and is indeed about keeping your people and civilization alive, perhaps the first flame being a reference to the quote
>Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire

But the game does absolutely give me, an internet Nazi, the feeling that maintaining the flame is fascism, and allowing it to go out is leftistness.

Dark Souls is the Jordan Peterson of video games.

>Fire will eventually consume you
>The Dark is so empty you'd just wish you were dead.
>Life is about maintaining that careful balance of being bright and having depth.
>The chosen undead descends to the underworld in the first game to rescue Gwyn, then Leoric in the second game and finally you are yourself rescued in the third game by others. Gwyn an Leoric both appear to be blind.
>Eventually sort yourself out and embrace the flame within yourself.

>dark souls 1 and 3 were PUNISHING
>2 was just hard
No, 1 was literally just inconvenient. Meaning if you died somewhere then you had to spend like 10-20mins to get back to that place. Some people like that i guess
>run away from people with a pvp build
Heh, nice tri kiddo but my k/d in ds3 was literally 155

And nigger i know i read all the shit but the story was still shit and tries so hard to be le mysterious so fags like you can go on the internet and drool over it.

You're correct. The continuous rekindling of the Frist Flame the keep the world in the current age is not the natural way. You see, in DS3 we're a few centuries ahead of the Chosen Undead's rekindling. The First Flame is weaker than ever, and the world is rotting and twisting. It just can't keep the current age for much longer anymore. Even if you rekindle it, instead of a fiery explosion, capable of turning into dust acres of land around the Kiln like in the first time when Gwyn did it, it barely burns the Unkindled One as he sits there, patiently waiting for either the age rot away or be rekindle for the last time by someone else.

To not link the fire would lead to an age of pure darkness, thus unknown to mortal men.

That's why the hatefucking of the Fire Keeper is the only true ending.

Can't unsee.

delet dis

Ds1 is the best because of it's masterful world building and storytelling, as evidenced by the OP. Ds3 absolutely butchered the lore.

>dying to dex fags

>This is 100% wrong and you know it because ds1 plays like shit
1 has problems, but doesn't handle like complete fucking trash the way 2 does

>Nigger i read everything then went on to read more about it. Dark souls storyline is literall retarded, remember the marriage part in ds3 to get the lord of hollows ending?
If you read everything, you wouldn't think it has "0 story unless you read about it on the internet" unless you're fucking retarded or lying to me. I don't even read the shit on the internet because the story is clear enough as it's presented in-game. Literally all you have to do for the wedding is play the game. It's not my fault you're just running through shit trying to get progression, that's not the point of Souls games. What I found obtuse was killing the camo'd pilgrim to help Anri finish her quest. Besides, multiple endings means multiple playthroughs. If you go into NG+ going "Hey, I'm going to do exactly the same shit as I did last playthrough" then you deserve to not find content.

Wasn't an ad hom, just an insult. Already acknowledged and refuted your argument. Besides, never said your argument was wrong because you're a queer. I just said that you're a queer and also your argument is wrong.

Good cunt

Would Sup Forums link the first flame?

The people talking about the gameplay in here are niggers.

Considering the age of dark is immediate destruction, yet longterm reward, and the First Flame is immediate reward, yet longterm destruction, I'd say most of Sup Forums would. A true natsoc wouldn't, though.

on the one hand, keeping the spark of life/creation in man alive
on the other hand, jerking off gwyn and assorted gods and denying man's true nature and the inevitable

depends on context

So linking the flame is akin to electing Trump?

nope , just walke away

When you give the Firekeeper eyes, she tells you that the vast darkness she sees with them is different that what she sees when blind, that she feels tiny flames far in the distance. It implies that the darkness isn't the all-encompassing dark the previous games led you to believe

I became the Lord of Hallows in 3 on my only playthrough, did I like the fire or let it die?

Depends on how you look at it, but yes, kind of. Things'll get better now, but the left - they'll push back.

The Age of Dark is like Trudeau - people will get pissed after Canada becomes 20% negroid, and it starts getting shit up. Then the /right/ will push back.

You took the fire to yourself as a hollow and Made Londor Great Again.

Every Souls has the element of taking a while to get back to a place, but after going through it once already you should know enough to be able to speed it. Hell, you can just run past enemies half the time if you know the location of the next bonfire and what to watch out for.

Also, please don't modify what I said to be what you think, I said and mean, if you're an idiot, you get punished.

Dark Souls is a game that uses the gameplay to get a lot of the emotion and feeling of the place, the setting is built around this. It was not inconvenient for inconveniences sake, the point is the struggle and satisfaction it gives. Would the game be half as fun if there's a bonfire every 2 minutes instead of being paced out well with shortcuts so you are still constantly making progress?

>When I wrote a lot of shit and all he does is alter what I said then counter my joking jab.
K.
Was talking about 2, but sure, I'm sure you feel great about your PvP K/D. Doesn't prove you didn't run away from actually geared PvPers, if anything it reinforces it.

If you don't like the story and the way the game conveys it then alright, it's not really a fault of the game and it doesn't give you grounds to say the game has no atmosphere, personally I really liked how it wasn't shoved into my face that much, it was interesting to learn bits here and there and put shit together in my head. I was probably wrong half the time but it was fun. I never needed to go onto the internet and drool.

Dark Souls isn't perfect, none of them are, the series isn't. But, it's unique in a lot of ways and 2 didn't fit in. Say what you like about the others, you're fine to have your opinion on how much you enjoyed each of them, but 2 was hardly a Dark Souls game. In name and kind of setting, sure, but in a lot of other shit, no.

Sounds good to me!

Demon's Souls was the best

Alternatively, Bloodborne is more mechanically refined and has a distinct unique message for the player compared to ds1. After ds3 I legitimately believe it was just a cash cow and the first game said everything that needed saying. What makes DS2 somewhat redeemable is that the whole game is a subversion of monomyth. As the hero of the story you are supposed to progress and gain something meaningful. In the end you're just another powerful tyrant killing his way to the throne room. You're still a 'good' guy because the world is simply worse than you are. The firekeeper is artificial, the Queen is a monster, all the NPCs are forgetting who they are. It's like mgs2 in a way.

>goldface.jpg

NEVER
E
V
E
R

You can get from anywhere to anywhere in DS1 in 10-20 minutes, so don't give me that shit. Bonfires are fucking everywhere. If it takes you 10-20 minutes to get back to where you died, the reason's pretty simple: You're just bad at the game.

>Heh, nice tri kiddo but my k/d
Ok, fuck off

Dark Souls 2 doesn't even work on my computer when the other 2 games do. What the fuck is that shit about

Was there any area in DS1 you couldn't run through if you knew the enemy locations?

Unless you only want PvP, not worth much anyway.

Still mad.

>biased toward light-rolling
Nigger, mid-rolling was the best way to play DS1.

Don't think so, only bosses. You can get a +1 Fire Great Scythe or Gravelord sword within 10 minutes of making a new character. I've done pseudo-pacifist runs before, only killing things that are absolutely required for progression. Dodging and running past everything else

Drake sword best sword.

Dark Souls is redpilled.

first post worst post

bamp

Ye
I really liked the atmosphere of 2. It was the comfiest one tbqh

Honestly it reminds me A LOT of undertale mechanics wise. Every so ofteb you get a little checkpoint and get raped by enemies after that until you learn what to do. It's just about keeping determination.

Dark souls>Demon souls>DS3>DS2

DS2 was great because things got crazy in NG+, it might have been the most "video gamey" of the series but it had great replay value.