What is the iq cutoff for your major to be considered degenerate...

what is the iq cutoff for your major to be considered degenerate? Obviously non-stem """students""" are ape-tier but where in STEM do you draw the line?

>accounting that low

there were a few dumbfucks in my classes, but still nowhere near (((sociology)))

GRE scores? GRE scores aren't g-loaded... Also, how did they "estimate" IQ? Just by percentile? Because that would not work even if the GRE was g-loaded, since the population of test takers can't be considered to be random.

I looked a bit further into this, by this retarded metric my estimated IQ would 160. My WAIS score was 115 (though mine was a split-score with very superior verbal and average performance)

How did they "convert" GRE scores into IQ scores? I'm interested.

as a phd, i can tell you that this image is bullshit. sage. fucking niggers on this board

For those who care, they only standardized tests that are considered g-loaded are the LSAT and GMAT and you still can't convert those scores into IQ scores because of the population issue. MENSA accepts both tests at 95th percentile, but that doesn't tell you anything. They just figure that if you score 95 percentile in either of those tests you must be at least in the 98th percentile of IQ.

meh, lsat is overloaded garbage. complete trash exam and it is only correlated to the 1L gpa.

>physics majors do better on the LSAT than prelaws

really makes you think huh?

percentile

That is completely predictable. Who would expect otherwise?

Dumb.

im currently majoring in accounting, should i swith to economics or finance

not econ thats for sure lmao.

yea that people that major prelaw are fucking stupid.

People in my class are such morons that I expected English lit and civ to be much lower than that.

If you want to go to law school, then don't do prelaw or major in poly sci, history, or psychology. I could almost certainly get into one of the top law schools with my terrible gpa (a combination of school/major's grade deflation, laziness, and some legitimate bad things that happened that affected my studies) because I have a major in mathematics/chemistry and can write very well and wreck the LSAT. The LSAT helps, but my major makes me different and interesting (and helps explain my poor gpa as mathematics is way harder than poly sci or common prelaw majors and has universally lower mean gpas across different universities).

sage, correletating LSAT, GMAT, and GRe scores to actual intelligence is scrub tier. those exams work for about 1 year, you nigger. they are literally nothing more than jewish tricks

econ. is a great major
t. econfag

t. school of hard knocks graduate

enjoy your shitty life slaving for mr shekelberg while I contribute to human knowledge.

I-im majoring economics did I waste my life

wrong. all the bullshit of a social ""science"" with less application. You won't make money OR contribute to human knowledge. At least in finance you can get filthy rich.

>its another physics major CC student thinks he will ever contribute anything thread

wrong

17 retard

I'm a nuclear physicist and engineer with a Ph.D. I performed just above average, in both a high performing high school and college. This is a relative comparison as performance amongst peers is greatly impacted by the overall academic performance of others.

Meaning: if I went to high school in Ferguson, I'd have graduated top of my class... and I probably would've been a nigger.

>he forgot to excuse aunt Sally
>he forgot to put on glasses

> everytestIdon'tscorewellonisajewishtrick.jpg

dirty kike spewing filth, as usual.

t. morally superior stem student taking stem because Sup Forums told him it was good
enjoy the influx of stemfags when you graduate, i will be funding your failed endeavors once you try to stand out

Wait I'm retarded

>phd
>social work
>"i have a high iq i swear!"

>I ... can write very well
No

senpai, stop sucking cock alright? you cant be this dumb. gre ~= # of publications, lsat ~= gpa past first year, gmat, just lol. maybe mcat has some correlation becuase its just a memoratization thing

>Obviously non-stem """students""" are ape-tier but where in STEM do you draw the line?

if philosophy has a 130ish IQ on average, then clearly anything below a math or physics degree is degenerate. bring your findings to /sci/ they would love the ego boost

>tfw philosophy

turns out im not a brainlet after all

fuck you dad

its clearly 15

t. college freshman dropout

socal work, you kike. go back to the fire you came from, demon

feelsbadman.png

>no major
>poor
>142 IQ
>1600 on SATs but no scholarship because i'm not black or mexican
>oh well

>being stem
>working hard for a college degree

all my lols. i got a TA position in history lined up then on to being a prof. all this while treating college as actual college and not siting in my room studying

STEMs are such sad people....

>1600 SAT
sure maybe on the old scale

Yep. Smart white men get fucked. You are lucky you got through high school. Like half of white guys with above 135 IQs have trouble in high school.

>not having an RA lined up
and you think you can be a prof, kill your self fagget

This is just organized by how many women vs how many men have the major, because women have a lower average IQ. As you can see all the female dominated fields like social work and education are at the bottom and the autistic shit only males do like Math and Engineering is near the top.

I could have been anything...
I became a hermit.

middle school dropout here with 110 iq i can still enlist in the military right guys

just drop a bullet in your brain once you're at the range

shan iyo labaatan

It's actually 15.

Oh and I'm a woman... for the saged prick below.

Trips have it 5+1*10=15

T. Feynman fag

thanx friend

Give me a break, I'm shitfaced. When I drink, my sentences run on. I am still a great writer.

That doesn't mean that it is "nothing more than a jewish trick," or useless for converting to IQ. The only issue with converting it to IQ (which is already an imperfect measure) is the fact that the average person taking the LSAT/GMAT has a higher IQ than the average person on an IQ test. Once you adjust for that, you can convert between the two. It's a quick and dirty and not super precise, but it works more or less.

3x=30 --> x=10
x+2y = 20 --> y=5
y+2z = 9 --> z = 2
y+z*x = 5+2*10 = 25

all these tests do is help predict first year performance, you filthy kike. No idea what your education level is but it is probably low, jewish shill. go back to reddi

you have 1 too many paws sir

> y+2z = 9 --> z = 2
This is where you mess up. It's actually y + 2z + 2z = 9 because there are two paws and the below image has one, so each paw is worth 1/2 of the two paws. Thus, you get y + 4z = 9, 4z = 4, so z = 1. From there you get 15, an exercise left to the reader.

How is 15 correct? I got 25.

Cat = 10
Cat Head = 5
Cat Paws = 2

5+(2*10)=25

The test is correlated 0.33 with law school performance, I never disputed this, however it does this because it is a glorified IQ test. That's why it doesn't work better as gpa and intelligence are only mildly correlated because there are other more important factors like effort.

Also. I graduated with a BS in mathematics/chemistry. I hope freshman year is going well for you, though.

>majored in polysci
>got into law school
No, they just want smart people. You can convince yourself your math degree would make you a shooin but you're wrong. It just so happens that smarter people tend to gravitate toward STEM (tend to). To do well on the LSAT you need critical thinking skills and problem solving skills. That's it.

Nevermind, I missed the fact that there is only one paw in the bottom picture. Fuck.

Thank (you) for showing me the error of my ways

econometrics, econ is a meme and finance is monkey -tier unless youre at an Ivy

sage, reported, look up kasha's rule you degenerate nigger

>Mum is a smart Stacey from Denmark who studied civil engineering
>Father is a smart Chad from Switzerland who studied economics
>Together they earn 450k a year

>I'm a depressed, friendless, nihilistic retard
JUST

what is the frank condon principle, kike? your demonic jewish tricks do not work here. demon. your degree means nothing to me, filth

I am old

would you say you grew up fairly spoiled or coddled?

I do chemistry and I've never taken a proper IQ test but I doubt I'm near 125
I'm just dedicated and good at studying.

>physics above mathematics

And yet whenever the physics department can't solve an equation who do they come crawling back to?

Mathematics is the true master race

>tfw top percentile in math every year up until 6th grade
>changed schools
>both brothers left for college
>grand father died
>grand mother has a stroke and goes to nursing home
>mother went psychotic
>all happening in less than one year
>drop out of school in 8th grade
>take a test to go to college early at 16
>don't even bother going
>not a single friend since 5th grade
>hugless/kissless virgin NEET for the last 12 years

>gook talking about maths

kek you fucking kimchees are so autistic

Bullshit chart. I'm a philosophy major at (((UCLA))) and I've seen some shit from the students in the department that makes you question how they breathe. Almost every single student I've encountered has left this impression on me.

I do physiscs and i have shit discipline and no study technique, still i do better than 90%. Does that mean im the new einstein?

> you need critical thinking skills and problem solving skills.
Skills I have that were further honed while in college because these skills are the very heart of a mathematics major. That's part of why you do better with a math major: you've been directly practicing the exact skills that you need to succeed in law school. During the second/third year of a math major the classes change. It's no longer crunching numbers like you did in calculus. You begin to work on proving concepts using definitions and many common logical forms (induction, proof by contradiction, proof by contrapositive, etc.). For instance, algebra in college is not about solving linear equations or parabolas, it's about group/ring/other algebraic structures theory. You're also missing the fact that majoring in mathematics sets you apart from all the poly sci kids. You are different and have a unique persepective: something that admissions offices love to see. Finally, math is a hard major. Poly sci, history, sociology are all relatively easy majors from the perspective of an admissions officer (and also quite possibly objectively).

I'm not a shoo-in because I majored in math, I'm a shoo-in because I destroyed the LSAT. Math is just something that further helps me like my research, recommendations, and college extracurricular activities (and even my eagle scout).

Also phil major

I don't think beliefs can represent IQ -- well they actually just can't

IQ literally makes smart people better at believing in bullshit

so they're just smart retards

ma arki kartaa mid ka mid ciddiyihii orsada, in ka dhigaysa shan iyo toban

shiiieeeeet

Hey fellow phil bro.

It's not just what they believe, but primarily what they don't know. And I speak of common sense territory here.

Granted I'm an older student, but I was never as naive and/or ignorant as the people I've encountered when I was their age, as cliché as that sounds.

I don't see what photochemistry has to do with this.

God damn it, just reply once you fucking schizophrenic. My degree not mean anything to you, but the fact that you don't have one means everything to me in this argument.

As a math major who also took many physics classes for shits and giggles, I'll readily admit that physics is harder.

expected more from UCLA desu

the students here are smart they're just ultraleftists and stalin fetishists

> smart people better at believing in bullshit
Lol, you literally just described philosophy. "I know we can't prove anything about the existence of god or moral facts, or anything like that, but I want to believe so...". My biggest gripe about philosophy is that it's a set of conclusions based on faulty assumptions dressed up as logic.

if you attened my univeristy, i would have failed you and 3 generations of your children, kike. great job looking up chemical principles. Why do most uvvis structures exhibit finger structure?
fucking kikes, this is the reason you will never take over this board

fucking uncanny, hit my IQ almost perfectly when I was 13, 127 for the computer sciences.

I still feel it's too high up though, that list can't be right

I won't blame you for dissing philosophy, since when most people think of the subject, they mostly refer to the metaphysical and ethical continental portion you alluded to in your response.

Check out analytical and epistemological philosophy.

"real" philosophy is hard as fuck. you need to be some next level 200 iq autist to make actual contributions to that field. And when you do, literally nobody will understand you and you most likely hang yourself at the age of 35.

>Once you adjust for that, you can convert between the two
You can't control for the different levels of preparedness/study habits people taking the tests will have. Physics & Mathematics as majors require far more study for people to be successful in them, so possibly people with those majors develop better study habits thus doing better on tests like the LSAT. Now I'm not saying that is why people with those majors do better, but it is a possibility to be considered. The fact is the only way to reliably measure g is an IQ test proctored by a professional.

fukken trick question
stupid paws
stupid multiplication symbol

more kike aspergers shit

Yeah, you're both pretty much right.

kek

>chemical engineering that high

man im borderline retarded and managed to complete my degree with top honours. wait that might explain why im finding it hard to get a job

honestly though, you dont need to be insanely smart to do engineering. you should be fine as long as you study frequently. i guess that applies to most degrees though

>Religion
>122
Theologian master race

>you should be fine as long as you study frequently
yep 115 with a 75 PSI this is all it takes. Not having friends also helps

I didn't just randomly google something, I googled what you posted: kasha's rule. It has nothing to do with what we are talking about, leading me to believe that you have no idea what you're talking about. You also seem to be suffering from mental illness as you have delusions of persecution.

Also, if I went to your university I'd be tutoring you, not being graded by you. I'd also probably kill myself because I'm almost certain it would be a step down from where I actually graduated.

Or they do better because mathematics, physics, engineering, etc. teach you critical thinking and problem solving skills better than any other majors, which is what the LSAT tests for.

In the interest of open mindedness, I will.

I fell for the political science meme

its 60

The high verbal low math portion is spot on for me.
>political science major
I'm basically at short bus status for math but can write a hell of a paper

reminder that you should not pursue a career above your iq range; you will just hold back your colleagues.

It may vary, but at my school chemical engineering was considered to be the hardest major.

Shout out to comparative religions for pulling up the average IQ.