"By the end of the Second World War on 8 May 1945, the SAS had suffered 330 casualties, but had killed or wounded 7...

"By the end of the Second World War on 8 May 1945, the SAS had suffered 330 casualties, but had killed or wounded 7,733 and captured 23,000 of their enemies"

Name a more iconic squad. I'm waiting.

PS: Norwegian here.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandenburgers
weaponsandwarfare.com/2016/06/05/the-brandenburgers/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_Special_Unit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Dingo
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_Special_Unit
militaryhistoryonline.com/wwii/articles/popskisprivatearmy.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Weren't they mostly fighting wops?

Raids listed read mostly Germans.

>Name a more iconic squad. I'm waiting.
ok
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandenburgers

How many did they kill, capture - how many planes did they destroy? I'm sure vastly higher numbers than their small unit?

I don't think you can fuck with the SAS.

those

Tiger Force in Nam' had a much better k/d ratio and was only a platoon sized unit.

I took a look and it seems you're right. I'm even more impressed than I was to begin with.
One of the first ex-SAS men was a pretty fascinating figure, he was an eccentric who founded a mercenary corps after the war and had a military coup planned in Britain

Easy mode : On

They captured bridges, oilfields, towns etc.

Basically dressed up as NKVD, walked right in and started giving orders.
weaponsandwarfare.com/2016/06/05/the-brandenburgers/

>Tiger Force in Nam' had a much better k/d ratio and was only a platoon sized unit.
Does civilians factor into that k/d ratio?

Stop trying to take credit for that shit

This reads like kids whipping out their dads dicks to see whos bigger, because they have none of their own

Ironically Japanese can whip their dads dicks out from ancestral wars because those fools were savage

It's gonna be all about whipping out dicks from here on out, isn't it?

Kompani Linge

Yup

Welcome to Sup Forums

My family has part of a swede in a jar from the 30 years war

Kek those are New Zealanders of the LRDG, not SAS

Might mention a mob most will have never heard of.

Z Force.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_Special_Unit

Met one of the old blokes involved about 20 years ago, wiry looking sod.

Operation Jaywick
Main article: Operation Jaywick

>Operation Jaywick was an Inter-Allied Services Department operation to infiltrate the Japanese-occupied Singapore Harbour and destroy shipping. On 2 September 1943, the Krait, with a crew of eleven Australian and four British personnel, left Exmouth Gulf, Western Australia. The group, commanded by Ivan Lyon, dyed their skin brown and hair black (the skin dye later caused many skin problems for the members of the team, including irritation and reactions in adverse amounts of sunlight). They also wore sarongs, so that they resembled Indonesian fisherman.[11]

They arrived off Singapore on 24 September, that night, six men left the boat and paddled 50 kilometres (31 mi) to a small island near the harbour where a forward base was established in a cave. On the night of 26 September, using folboats the party paddled into the harbour and placed limpet mines on several Japanese ships, the limpet mines sank or seriously damaged four Japanese ships, amounting to over 39,000 tons. The raiders waited until the commotion had died down before returning to the Krait. On 19 October the Krait arrived back at Exmouth Gulf having achieved a great success.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Dingo
Threads over, go to bed.

Z Special Unit.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_Special_Unit

Basically a precursor to the Australian SASR, and when formed, was given ultimate authority from Sir Thomas Blamey (the only Australian Officer to ever make the rank of Field Marshal, equivalent to a US 5 Star General) to do whatever the fuck they wanted, without having to get the ok from anyone, even the Australian PM, or any Allied officers.

Basically went round, fucking Chink shit up, and had a reported 1700 confirmed Jap kills, for the loss of only 112 men.

Hertes another extremely cool outfit, more reconnaissance and along the same lines as the LRDG.

militaryhistoryonline.com/wwii/articles/popskisprivatearmy.aspx

>Popski's greatest coup came at the end of a long afternoon interviewing Italian peasants near Gravina. One of the peasants had some dealings with the local German quartermaster officer, a Major Schultz. Popski went down to a deserted railway station and called Major Schultz. Posing as an Italian quartermaster sergeant, Popski told the German he had several cases of good cognac for sale: was Major Schultz interested? He was, and after some haggling, arrangements were made to deliver the booze that night. ‘I'll be driving a captured British vehicle, please give orders for me to pass the sentries." Orders were given, Popski and his crew drove up, went in, and knocked the major on the head. To their surprise and very great pleasure he had the entire strength returns for the German army in that area in front of him. Popski was able to report to Taranto that German strength in that area was exactly 3504 officers and men, and when headquarters questioned the exact figure, give them a detailed breakout by unit and location.

Well if they were American I assume most of the people they killed were children, did they release their torture/rape numbers too?

civies arent supposed to count though

>My Birthday

Captain Barry Peterson, aka The Tiger Man of Vietnam.

>Be Australian Army Captain
>get sent to Vietnam as part of the Australian Army Training Team Vietnam
>get tapped by the CO to join CIA team
>get orders from CIA to train tribal mercenary teams (Montagnards)
>train up Guerilla force
>start fucking VC and NVA shit
>General Westmoreland visits, sees how awesome he is fucking shit up
>rips shit into CIA, asking why an Ausfag can do so well, but Yanks can't
>CIA gets pissed
>CIA wants his Montagnards teams to be part of Phoenix Program
>tells them to get fucked
>keeps killing VC/NVA
>at one point, Montagnards make him honorary Chief
>also give him a baby tiger cub as a gift, after they accidentally killed its mother
>CIA even more pissed because he won't do what they want, re Phoenix Program, and also seeing how powerful he's getting with tribal teams
>try killing him with poisoned food, pet tiger gets tonit first, saving his life
>CIA not so upset, cause pet tiger would protect him at all costs, and not let them near him
>gets kicked out of country, because of his power with tribals, and making the CIA look like useless faggots they are
>Montagnards tell CIA that if he isn't brought back in country, they would slaughter everyone, including Yank commanders
>gets brought back in country, allowed to say goodbye to his teams, then transferred
>ends up leaving after multiple tours
>also ends up being one of the most highly decorated Australian soldiers ever

Story also going round is that he was also the basis of the character of Colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now, that's how much power he had over the tribals he was with, and story also follows what he did in country etc.

Worth reading the book on him.

LRDG, not yet SAS, you cunting muppet.

Back to Google you go.

>In a jungle killing gooks that keep fighting you even after you burnt down and blew out the forest.

>Fighting the army that surrendered the most out of all counties during world war 2. Krauts were white and knew they'd be treated better by Anglos than Slavs. Heck Citron in Denmark alone captured a company of Gerry's

Fun fact, Christopher Lee, the guy who plays Saruman in the LoTR movies, was British SAS in WWII. Seems like bullshit, but look it up. Dude was a badass