Why don't you own a Tesla? Do you like supporting (((fossil fuels))) that much...

Why don't you own a Tesla? Do you like supporting (((fossil fuels))) that much? You realize even trump thinks musk is based right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ja4ZlswGvpE
daf.com/en/sites-landing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>he fell for the tesla meme

why would i buy an expensive, poorly-manufactured waste of money on wheels where the electrics are going to stop working after 3 years when i could buy a mechanically sound petrol car for 1/3rd of the price

even after buying a petrol car and spending money on fuel you'd still be spending much more less than if you bought a tesla

>electricity is made out of thin air

>doesn't realize the electricity has to come from somewhere, probably fossil fuels

ironically the mining of the lithuim to make the bigass batteries for these do as much damage and oil rigging and fracking

>implying the average Sup Forums users can afford a tesla

I fell for the Tesla meme.

It's an awful car, as every other American car. Sold it a year later and I'm back to superior German engineering.

Green politics are a turnoff, but I still think it's cool that we're living in the 21st century and there are electric sports cars.

>mfw I get negative fuel expenditures every year by instead riding my bike but still footing the fuel costs to the employer

youtube.com/watch?v=Ja4ZlswGvpE

I own a car with a big fuckin V8, no engine noise is a sin.

>American
>Cars
Pick one

Do you even have an automaker in your "country"?

>driving home from showroom after taking out second mortgage for electric car
>turning my nose up at fossil fuel consumers in traffic
>electronic chime sounds in car
>"warning, 70% power left"
>turn off a/c, open windows, have to breathe in smog, inwardly curse fossil fuel users more
>quickly get home to plug my car in
>admire the beauty of saving the planet
>remember that electricity largely comes from coal and oil burning power plants
>realize i'm polluting more by driving an electric than if i owned a 6 cylinder mustang
>realize i just overpaid to destroy the planet
>realize electricity costs more than gas in my state
>realize my car gets 2 hours city driving, 2.5 highway during daytime with lights off and a/c off
>realize i'm going to have to pay off the second mortgage and a loan for my upcoming power bills

I've mocked someone for driving an electric by telling them it's a nice coal-powered car. There was an exact moment his expression changed when he understood "oh shit, he's right, solar and wind account for almost nothing."

We do actually.
daf.com/en/sites-landing
But yea no one drives Burger cars over here since there are much better alternatives.

>memesla

You mean you can't fit man-sized cars in your cucksheds.

Because I have a company vehicle that I take home. My personal f350 gas expenditures are low enough that it would hardly save me any money.

Jew car. Nothing wrong with (fossil fuels))).

Smaller roads and expensive gas are a bit of a problem but we don't need tank-shaped cars to compensate for our dicksize.

Because the Chevy Bolt has better range

That company is going to be bankrupt in a few years. Good luck getting spare parts for it.

>even trump thinks musk is based right?

Sup Forums is an anti-drumpf board ... we don't care

Reddit left. I think you wanted to make this thread over at T_D

DELET

No you mean nobody drives them cause they can't afford them. a corvette is some stupid price over there 100k+ euros

I bet the power to run it costs more than petrol.

You know itt took an assload of fossil fuels to build that car and generate the electricity it runs on right?

>american build """quality""""
>misaligned panels from the factory
>expensive
Teslas are a bad meme, sure the instant torque is cool but that's it and other electric cars have that too.

Opps its actually $100k usd what is that like 80k£?

teslas are expensive as fuck

fuck off shill

His space ventures are going quite well.

Because I like to burn fuel.

Faster than fear, Tougher than an iguanas go-nads.

Those who want to save fuel should buy a motorbike. I have £5 and it lasts me a week if I don't rag it. Also, Electric cars have capacitors. Like on TV's and shit. Don't fall for the meme.

Why would I trade my gas powered car, for a coal powered car?

Isn't that going backwards?

Thats the mustard of car interiors.

Because they cost the same as my house.

Becaue I have a V8 powered Lexus.

This isn't /o/ asshole. Fuck off.

T. Berg

The Tesla is the car equivalent of a woman buying a ton of shoes under the "if I buy more I save more" argument

>Canada
>Coal power plants.
Hydro master race.

>doesn't have the income or the time to buy a driving machine that I'd have to drive 1,300 miles to the nearest refueling station

Musk is based sure. But his car is WAY over priced for what it is.

You'll never ever ever save enough on gas to warrant paying that much more for a working electric car.

Fuck your Tesla

Why should I buy a shitty car like Tesla when for the same price there are far better cars like German, British and Japanese masterpieces?

looks like a lifted citroen
just as ugly, too

Cars have to be ugly. I doubt GM wanted it to look like that either. Or who ever owns them for that matter.

Chevy bolt is based

Ever since they assassinated that navy seal team 6 guy by taking control of his tesla, I have not wanted one, when previously I did.
In fact since then I have been extremely cautious around any of them I see, over normal cars, because you never know when the deep state pedo cabal will turn it into a vehicular missile aimed at you.

>Buying meican't car.

lol no.

Isn't that only possible if the Tesla engine is connected to the internet?

Navigation has data link. Navigation could be connect to ecu (engine control unit) in some way

Because I don't support crony capitalism and government subsidies designed to make an impossible business model look somewhat achievable, All of Musk's ventures suck up huge subsidies. He's not a genius except for the way he's become the welfare queen of fake tech.

The idea though is that you buy the a few battery packs and some solar cells. Spend about 150k initially and some pollution from the production of the products then you save the earf.

Nope, it's drive by wire, so if you are able to connect to it in any way (stereo bluetooth, wi-fi, hardwiring) you can technically hack it to gain control of the vehicle

i don't want to catch on fire while driving

Teslas are boring and have no soul.

sips get off Sup Forums

Nuclear,wind,hydro,geo-thermal

In a perfect world those would be powering it.

Elon Musk drove me around a lap of a few blocks of Copenhagen in a Tesla back during that retarded Global Warming Summit they held there and I told him I admired the technology but had no interest in it and thought it was very, very fast but soulless. He took that with good grace - easy when you're worth what he is I suppose.

Anyway, I own two V8s and plan on being the "old bastard down the road that still has PETROL powered cars" when I'm elderly

>-30 C
>turn tesla on
>heat the car from inside (does it even has heater?)
>drive 1,5 km
>battery is dead

This was also the case in the 1920's. When the Model T Ford first appeared they were bought by the majority of young(ish) people. While others would stick to Steam powered cars well past 193x

because of this maybe?

I guess you're supposed to drive it without using the heater. Because everywhere is like NorCal.

So you would need to physically get close to the vehicle and connect to it, in the same way as you'd have to, to cut someone's brakes?

looks fine desu

Right, but it's not a perfect world, and what's powering 90% of a Tesla right now, is coal.

Feel the burn.

because i already own a Pontiac, faggot.

>falling to "new technology" jew.
having an eco regular car with fuel engine is much more cheap and probably reliable.
same as the turbo meme on small engines cars, the turbo parts get screwed up faster than the other parts and than you have to buy expensive parts.
for electric cars(not just tesla) the parts are probably expensive.

>Too cheap to even put an instrument cluster in, just in case your giant display dies one day.

>Lack of buttons

and then they take control of your car and use it to kill you

>Trump thinks musk is based
Oh so that's why he's doubling down on fossil fuels and steering the country away from renewables.

Oh wait, no that doesn't make sense

Faggot

>Why don't you own a Tesla?
infrastructure, cargo capacity, ease of repair, and cost

>>realize i'm polluting more by driving an electric than if i owned a 6 cylinder mustang

That's wrong on two points:
1) electric motors are 90% energy efficient while combustion are only 45% at best
2) even if your country is not part of the nuclear masterrace the coal/oil power plants still have far better efficiency than car engines.

American sport cars are trash, why buy one when for the same price you can offer yourself a german/japanese car which is better in every domain.
Let's not talk about supercars because having "american" in the same sentence is insulting.

We're the number one oil producing country right now.

Fuck yeah, I support oil.

>You're dumber that shit if you believe oil is from dinosaurs, though
>You're also dumber than shit if you believe we've reached peak oil

All I'm going to say about it is oil production started in America and we've led the way in recovery and research for a long time. All advances in production are thanks to us. There is vast stores of information that is privately held.
>They paid for the exploration, that's why

Think of oil being rationed much like diamonds

>More plentiful than you think
>Price fixed to maximize profit

That being said, I think Tesla makes some cool cars. I want to see how the SUV version fairs.

>inb4 how would you know
>20+ years in oil and gas exploration

Are you the GM shill of /o/?

Buying a car should only be a financial decision.

I was a kid with the first space shuttle was launched. It really was a stupid idea.
>But muh Hubble fix!

Yeah you could have launched 100 Hubbles for what the Shuttle program costs

I fucking love oil and gas.

They have Spyker

>expensive
>too big
>I do mostly long-range driving
>shifting gears is fun as hell
>smile on my face every time I have an excuse to romp around in my neat little RWD hoonmobile

I've already geolocated this picture based on the reflection on the exterior, up your opsec.

Lack of buttons, knobs, and switches is a vast tragedy.

I knew I'd hate having to buy one of these new cars with a stupid computer screen in it, and indeed that's the thing I hate the most about it except for maybe the throttle by wire.

I'd like to buy one for my wife so I can stop worrying about her dying when she drives places. I trust a computer more than her desu

w-why

That's not even the half of it right?! Good to know I'm not the only one who feels this. Phone company's etc are all guilty of this same crime.

I like 1970's cars and everything before. When they were still made to cruise.

Tesla just looks so unimpressive. Fucking model S looks like a mazda of somesort.

Well, it should be fun to drive, too.

Can't always be so practical, Fritz.

I respect the craftmanship of German automobiles, but they're often too dedicated to function and some are down right uncomfortable.

I'll take a .454 V-8 Chevy El Camino any day of the week over an Audi, Porsche, Mercedes, or Volkswagen.

(I would like to have a vintage Volkswagen mini-bus pick-up, though)

>You realize even trump thinks musk is based right?

since trump is a kike puppet faggot, then I should be even more suspicious of Musk

>I wonder why they're shilling that bald paypal guy now

>shit design inside & out
>shitty materials on the interior
>expensive
>unpractical

Or you could use an ICE engine exhaust heat to run a small steam engine to produce electricy to get some hydrogen and oxygen to boost the efficency of classical fossil fueled engine 70% depending on how much heat you can recycle into usable energy... All that at a very low cost. i'm just saying. Then you can work on recycling energy from primitive friction brakes... And so on, repeat until efficency is close to 100%. Rise above Musk... It is possible.

Well even then, atleast you'll be supporting the local coal industry than (((BP))) or any of the rich Arab gulf countries who are using the profit from oil exports to fund Islamic extremism. Coal based electricity is still more cleaner and efficient than ICEs. Most power generators are switching to cleaner gas.

Electric bikes are underrated.

>No insurance
>Bypass rush hour
>Easily winterized by adding an inexpensive studded tire
>Simple enough to service at home

>german
>falling for the deustch qualitat meme

Opinion discarded, pédale.

Because I saw the reflection and my autism compelled me to punish you for your GLARING mistake.
Hellfire missiles inbound. Better luck next time kiddo.

If i was rich id own a Tesla

I cba to get a loan or lease for one

Much easier and comfortable to buy a piece of shit car that only needs simple overhauls / repairs once in a while for a measly sum

Can't afford one (or any other electric car) at the moment. Working on it though.

I'd hope that electric cars really take off soon.

looks awfully similar to a Mercedes W140 S-Class

Point 1, There is a site dedicated to you called reddit.
Point 2, Trump is an advocate for fossil fuels and denounces global warming you tard.
Point 3, Do you think we can afford Teslas???