Somebody give me a quick run down on rare-earth metals. What will happen when china is unable to extract any more of it...

Somebody give me a quick run down on rare-earth metals. What will happen when china is unable to extract any more of it? Will we have to stop relying on technology as much?

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/fact-or-fiction-lead-can-be-turned-into-gold/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_T._Seaborg122026581
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_computing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All of that shit can be made artificially.

Also the reason they produce everything in China is because labor in China is 20 times cheaper.

Metals

>can be made artificially.

What with alchemy?

What?

You're an idiot.

>Probably thinks he can turn lead into gold.

Gold and diamonds can be made by humans.

It would mean no more compooterz then we would be free from this hell. Also pajeets would be forever unemployed since no IT jobs anymore. No more roasties posting selfies on their kikebooks.

Quick we have to meme best korea to nuke china mining places.

US used to be a major producer of REEs but Chinese competition and braindead EPA regs forced the mines to close. The deposits are still there and accessible.

Also word is that Japan was buying REE ores from China and just dumping it into the hole in the ground as strategic reserve.

China can cause a price shock though if they embargoed REE exports.

I doubt anyone could really answer this question.

China says they are running out anyway

You can transmute metals, it's called radiation you leaf.

>burger education

>Will we have to stop relying on technology as much?

Nah, we'll just re-open all the mines closed because of competition from China, electronics might get a bit more expensive but not a whole lot, and we'll go on like before.

This sounds like a very easy and efficient thing to do

Hey why don't you do yourself a favour and look up beta and positron radiation. You guys are so fucking stupid

That is not the point, he said it was not possible. That is simply a lie.

North Korea has a shitload. Makes you wonder why the US wants Kim gone.

Asperger.

>Islamic LGBTQA Grammar school education

>China
>we

fuxk you carlos

What, because a burger is smarter than you alpniggers?

you mean like gold, silver, etc.?

I recycle ewaste for a business. Does pretty well actually. You can grab a lot of metals off of low grade board, wires, etc. I have no idea how people see old tech as just trash, there's literally money in taking that shit off people's hands, they see it as cancer.

But yeah, basically you can recycle enough to keep the world going round. I can only imagine we'll try to do something Aspergers tier like eventually, but that's decades out, minimum.

Gold is not a product of any radioactive processes. It originates from stars, just as most other elements. Maybe read some books before calling people stupid?
Not to worry burger user, I used to think this when I first learned about radiation too, back when I was 14

>what is fusion or atoms?
We just need a way to contain the energy, but we will eventually have mini stars here on earth we could use to make metals and other rare atoms

china controls 95% of it

This is the uselessness of pol, the fuckin circlejerks.

Fuck you OP and your Varg video, and fuck Varg that forest dwelling bum too.

Listening too much to welfare YouTube intellectuals I see.

When did I ever state that gold did not originate in stars?

Let's find out.

>eventually
Good luck with that, we will die from climate change ages before this would become feasible

The definition of gold is that it has 79 protons. If you can get to 79 protons by radioactive processes, you have gold. We have already created gold from bismuth, just at an extremely high price.

technology has exceeded humanity's ability to adapt with it and now the materials for new technology is mostly relegated to media entertainment

I never said you did. What I did say was that you don't understand how radioactive processes work

China won't run out of it they own all the rare earth minerals in Africa

Link?

THIS

I personally find Black Metal to be my favorite subgenre.

>tfw we'll run out of resources before we ever get off this planet and colonize other worlds

Is there any hope for us?

also, the south china sea

scientificamerican.com/article/fact-or-fiction-lead-can-be-turned-into-gold/

You can actually create gold stupid leaf its just more expensive to make than its worth but not by much

I guess I misspoke, it is not impossible, simply irrelevant

>>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_T._Seaborg122026581

nah actually even the Chinks over there are deciding Africans are too fucked to bother with

at least, last I read.

>being this retarded

We will start mining asteroids once we deplete these resources on earth.

After we use up all nearby asteroids, we graduate to planet cracking a la Dead Space. By that time Emdrives should be optimized, and allow us to quickly and cheaply reach moons/planets to mine the fuck out of 'em.

God I love capitalism.

Three fucking retards on pol??

No fucking way. I can't believe its not butter.

This one shitpost has taken over the entire thread

Silly burger, that's an entirely different process. This article is about high speed atomic collision, radiation is a side effect, not the reason for this.

We can make gold idiot shit they have even shown it on the discovery channel the problem is that it cost about 1800 to 2000 dollars an ounce to make so its cost prohibitive, don't guess actually know what you're talking about before you talk about it

Oh please post a radioactive mechanism which results in a stable gold atom

recycling

Spoonfeed yourself nigger

4 fucking retards on pol

ahahah

>asking for evidence is spoon-feeding
Well done, leaf

Fraid not, freindo.

Just too many retards...

what does benadryl do?

>hurr Durr CLIMATE CHANGE WILL KILL US ALL!!!!!!!!!
You're either retarded, brainwashed, a troll, or some combination of the 3

Get this 9fag-tier meme out of here.

You're the one that doesn't understand physics

The digits. They do not lie. This also explains why China wants it too. Fuck.

> doesn't understand basic atmospheric chemistry
>proceeds to talk about complex nuclear mechanisms
Burger arrogance in action

Ok so tell me then how CO2 is going to kill us Brit troll?
Also tell me how using a fusion reactor to fuse atoms can't be used to make gold, or other rare earth metals.
I'll wait...

The only thing that Britain has 95% of is rare teeth.

The Rothschild's have had very few issues doing just this.

solid kek

ALL I WANNA KNOW IS WHERE IS MY NASCENT IODINE, ALEX!?!

If you're still here, I will reply

Yep go on...

The US has its own giant hole in the ground that can/will produce all the rare earths we need when we can no longer access chinese sources.
The problem with mining them is its an ecological shitstorm and the chinks don't give a fuck about gutting the landscape.
I think the US rare earths quarry is in some shit utah desert or similar location.
Its supposed to be ready soon.

Those are incredibly inefficient at producing new, stable atoms. Look at the link posted ITT. Most will decay in a year and others are not even confirmed.
As for global warming. Im sure you understand how environmental problems can fuck up our society

You're taking the true redpill brother. Keep watching.

That's why I said "eventually" because right now we can mine them much more easily, but in the future if we need more it would make sense to produce them. Especially once practical fusion reactors exist.
Ok, that's true under certain circumstances, but right now the USA's environment is in better shape than it was decades ago, and you still haven't shown how climate change is an impending threat. Catastrophic climate change is a meme created by the green energy industry to force people to buy their shitty products.

Sorry about your thread

biological CPUs baby

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_computing

soon.

There are other sources, though not quite as economical to extract. We can also recycle what we have.

It's fine, you'll get your lithium one way or another.

Asteroid mining

Some asteroids that frequently pass by the earth contain literally trillions of dollars of precious metals.

Trillions at current market prices. If you dump an asteroid worth of the stuff onto the open market the price will likely fall somewhat.

>once practical fusion reactors exist.
Not 'once', but 'if'
It's the coal industry that is buying politicians. Similar to how things were back when lead was widely used in various industries, due to its cheapness

Isn't that a good thing though? Unless you're one of those idiots that invests all their money in silver.

Winners and losers, with consumers being the winners and anyone with a rare metal mining concern being the losers.

I love how this can be taken out of context.
reeeeeeeee

>It's the coal industry that is buying politicians.
Ok so you're one of the people brainwashed by green energy companies, nice to know.
We know how to cause a fusion reaction, we just need a way to safely harness it, the research into that is being impeded by both the oil and green industries because it would destroy both

We need energy now, not "whenever the laws of physics are suddenly altered to allow cold fusion to be anything other than a pipe dream." I, for one, look forward to natural gas putting the coal industry in the fucking ground in the coming years.

>What will happen when china is unable to extract any more of it?

North Korea, Africa, ocean floor, asteroids, the Moon

I'm not against coal or oil, I'm simply stating why more research into this field hasn't happened.
I agree with you, but ignoring the game changing possiblites of fusion energy is short sighted.
I think short term oil, gas, coal, and fission are the most practical. Maybe solar is certain situations, but not for a base

Look it up, every politician that denies global warming, receives money from them. It's good to know that it's the green industry that is conspiring, while oil and coal dindu nuffin

>It's good to know that it's the green industry that is conspiring, while oil and coal dindu nuffin
Not what I said, guess you weren't selected for the grammar school for a reason.
I said both don't like nuclear because it's way more efficient than either.
You are the only one here obsessed because of your brainwashing via MSM green energy propaganda

I know with diamonds, you just put enough pressure on something to make one. You can have it done with ashes