Muh wage gap!

>muh wage gap!

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/andrewbiggs/2017/04/20/whats-your-major-another-blow-to-the-so-called-gender-pay-gap/#1da4301c7b81
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Source? Holy shit this is gold

>STEM privilege
>"I deserve to get paid as much as an engineer despite doing nearly useless activities"

What the heck is Comparitive Literature?

forbes.com/sites/andrewbiggs/2017/04/20/whats-your-major-another-blow-to-the-so-called-gender-pay-gap/#1da4301c7b81

Oddly enough.

Sauce me senpai

see

It's true, the only well-paying fields that attract relatively many women are medicine and law.
It is genetic disposition.
Hjernevask made a nice documentary about it, too.
The less women are dependant on a career, the more they move away from stem subjects. There is a higher ratio of female stem students in India than in Norway.
The leftist "argument" that women do not study those subjects because of discrimination is a lie.

>French

literally lol'd

You unintelligent misogynists fail to see the issue. Why are the professions on the left considered inferior to the trades on the right? They are purely intellectual, while the ones on the right are technical skills that anyone with training could do. If anything, the ones on the left should have a better pay than the mechanics and computer techs.

The wage gap statistic is "for the same job"

Lol. They literally do nothing.

EE masterrace reporting in. Nice to see the worlds still makes sense.

>The leftist "argument" that women do not study those subjects because of discrimination is a lie.

Exactly. In fact, there are programs designed specifically to ensure more women get into STEM, yet women decide not to enroll in them.

When accounted for men and women working in the same field, the wage gap practically disappears.

No it is not. It is the average of all womens' earnings compared to the average of all mens' earnings.

So the question then is, how do we get more women into those high paying positions? Sounds like we need gender-based affirmative action for engineering jobs.

Colleges already have something like that.

thinking about going back for this. How hard are the classes? I've already built circuits and have moderate electrical knowledge

>Psychology
>Literally nothing

Holy shit what kind of fuckin robot are you?

kek

Purge the concept of feminity from society until there is no more concept of female identity.

The Greeks figured this shit out millennia ago.

>work with women
>they take days off every time they have their period

>tfw comp lit major

>left considered inferior to the trades on the right?
>Psychology
You spend your time learning to be a sociopath
>French
OUI OUI
>while the ones on the right are technical skills that anyone with training could do
You dropped the ball right there paco, they require skill and intellect, a doctor can't diagnose a patient like YEAH SURE WHY NOT LOL and take action like a retard.
You don't just say "Yeah I wanna be an astronaut" and sign in to go to the moon, you have to know your shit.
But you can talk any kid out of his self steem problems with or wihout a Psychology degree

Greeks, Romans, Arabs, Ottoman, Christian Kingdoms, Mongols... Everyone knew that.

>getting a phd in a foreign language

how do you even do this?

You omelette du fromage like there's no tomorrow.

Fucking Hell.

Its like Forbes are itching for another Shoah.

Wtf is mathematical engineering? Wouldn't that just be physics?

Trying to find a way to make every single piece of literature about Marxist class struggle. That's literally all English class is in us schools, reading wayyyyyy to much into books and what "they really meant" nothing is ever the way it is because the author simply wanted it to be, no, everything has to do with one group oppressing another group.

Sounds Jewish to me desu.

Thanks for the kek, forgot about Dexter's lab

>Most Female
>Ph.D in French

All they do is listen to your whining and then give you some drugs.

A lot of why STEM appeals to men is because while both men and women seem to have an equal chance of being mathematically gifted, when this happens to men it is typically their only cognitive strength and they tend to be bad at language or softer sciences. Women who are gifted in math tend to also be gifted in social interaction and writing, so they have more options and in may cases may never learn they were good at math.

There's also the fact that females IQ has a significantly lower std deviation than males IQ.

The real question is, is there something preventing females from entering workforce on the right?

Most of people in my university are EECS or MechE majors and it's basically 50/50 male/female., so I don't see there being an advantage one way or another.

This sums up my experience exactly in my English classes. Every story we read deals with how some group is being oppressed.

Uhh honey...

>cunt gets paid less due to her monthly downtime
Really gets my noggin jogging.

Does this compensate for total time on call, exact hours worked, company benefiets, total vacation time used, job performance, job experience, or any of the dozens of other factors that go into pay?

say hello to supply and demand.

was thinking the same thing.
why master in a language when you could just learn it on your own? also what valuable asset is that?
>goes to France to use her degree
>"look guys i can speak french gib me shekels"
>"ma'am we all speak french here in France"

psychology classes in college today usually consists of a good couple weeks of learning how to tell genders and sexual orientation apart. its practically gender studies-lite at this point.

>chefs and head cooks
at what? an Applebees?

Well, you can go the route of studying the roots of another language. How words evolved to the modern form we see/hear today and how their meaning changed through the ages. How different languages have common origins or how apparently vastly different languages have things in common. How language shapes the culture of the people who speak it and vice versa. The field is all but small.

It is no different than studying nature, only that you are studying a construct of a part of nature (human construct), not how nature works (physics) or how to use it (engineering).

I am an electrical engineer and I find studying a language quite fascinating. You get to see how another people think and express themselves, how their culture seethes through their language and in turn, how my own language works.

Of course, for every genuine linguist with a PhD that shows real interest in the field there are hundreds if not thousands of people who just went to study a language to get a relatively easy diploma.

flawed argument, the fields on the left teach communism

Just because two people have the same job title doesn't mean they have the same qualification, experience or ability.

The reason you are this bad at statistics is the reason you get paid less.

Supply caused by the federal government giving out loans for "diversity" and to encourage more people to go to college because statistically college educated people pay more taxes.
Completely ignoring the fact that someone who's unemployed and has a college degree doesn't pay taxes