Any farmer bros on here?

Any farmer bros on here?

I live in a very rural area in a very rural state and know some farmers. What's up, lad?

They are a rare and dying breed

Do they hire shit tons of illegals?

Are you sure? I heard NAFTA fucked over canadian and mexican farmers and brought buisiness here, but nowhere on the scale that it hurt our industry

>Do they hire shit tons of illegals?
Fuck no, I live way up in the Great Plains. No illegals where I live. Farmers that hire illegals should get shot. Hopefully Trump really cracks down on anyone who hires illegals.

Not sure if you looking for US only. Mid-sized cattle farmer here, northern sweden, right near the fells. Family owned. Got about a hundred animals or so. They're mostly a Simmental + Hereford mix. Grass fed, no antibiotics. They walk in a special type of cultural landscape which is about half field, half (pine) forest. The meat actually tastes a bit wild, like elk or moose, but very little.

Also got some Icelandic horses + another breed "nordsvensk", a northern swedish working horse breed, used mostly for pulling logs back in the day but you can ride them too. Huge, and strong like hell hehe..

Got sheep as well but I have no idea what race they are. They're just sheep to me.

Also got some weird chickens, which i also dont know what the hell they are. They make green eggs, and look incredibly stupid.

Same.
But we have a bunch of H2B visas here to pluck chickens and pick apples so I'm sure there's a good bit of illegals.

I would never have guessed there's enough room there to grow cattle.

Would love to visit swedens version of country side

I'm a horticulturalist. That's kind of farming, I guess.

There's room alright, had a healthy dairy industry until the EU. Now I don't know anyone who hasn't been pushed into going organic, since everything else gets undercut by foreign products by a huge margin. Pretty much only southern Sweden that's overcrowded.

it's tough - growing season is fairly short as well.

Beats the cities, as you probably know... still cucks though. Cucks everywhere.

Are there any cute Swedish cowgirls?

That is a beautiful image. This is one from near where I live.

Actually going to the US (Montana) later this year. Hoping to see some farming stuff there, see how it's done over there.

R U R A L R E T A R D S
U
R
A
L

it's k

This

and down south

I even voted for Trump too! Obamaleaf is right about us!

Go back to /soc/ faggot.

Sounds comfy.

My dad is a farmer. Own lots of land back home. Subsidies kind of make a mess of what to grow though. And water useage really hurt the cotton industry past few years, so everyone moved back to corn.

How does one gain experience as a farmer?

Is there like internships that can take a neet like me and turn me into a field hand?

They often tend to be fat for some reason. Personally I don't mind, though. I'll gladly take some Helga or Gerthrud loving after a hard days work.

can I become a farmer in Sweden if y'all get your country back?

Central Texas here. Less of a farmer, more of a rancher. I ranch hand on a ranch with 98 heads of angus. I also do a few rodeo events, mainly calf roping.

Texas bro here. I work on my uncle's farm with some other people he hired. We grow wheat, corn, and soy beans, and we raise Angus cattle.

I grow watermelons to sell and some other stuff for myself. Does that make me a gardener or a small farmer? I planted my lilies and another blackberry vine the other day.

buenos dias senor

viva la republica de tejas

City people all voted for Hillary

I'm looking for a small town in Texas not too far from a decent sized city to raise some kids. what do yall recommend? my city sucks ass

Grandparents own farm raising cattle, pretty much grew up there and work there a lot of the time

Every north of Dallas are Tanks. Dallas included.

you could just wait to the civil war, bring your guns and take over someone elses farm so i guess yes.

You sound mad, boy.

And here I thought all Sweden had was Ikea and Volvo

encino tx, it's in the south portion, which is the real texas btw

north texas is not even texas culturally, south texas it the real deal

extra thicc?

The area a few miles west of Parist, Texas, is full of Aryan Menonites who have like 8 kids each, and the "normal" people are anti-degenerate as well.

*Paris

>Helga and Gerthrud loving.

Im coming to sweden.

North Scotland btw, comfy as hell

same here.. subsidies that is. Ironically, it actually got better with the EU - a lot better. At least if you play the game. Not very satisfying though, would rather just be growing, raising cattle and then being paid for what you actually produce...

I've always thought of gardeners as mainly people who deal with decorative plants and lawn care. If you're growing produce to sell or just for yourself I would consider it farming, maybe small time or beginner but that's my take.

looks like it would have a lot of amigos

Not extra thicc but thiccer then average. Women in general are pretty skinny here.

WE cuck killing farm owned nao!

Not nestled between beautiful mountains..

kind of the point, but the good thing is a lot of those amigos have been there for years, while north texas is just jew consumer culture like the rest of the us.

south texas give you the real authentic texas culture and cuisine as it was back in the day. you'd love it there.

If you're looking to buy land here, good luck (super expensive). But driving cattle around I've found most places just over an hour outside of large cities are nice, especially off of main roads. Have enough to live comfortably and not to many degenerates. I'm personally near Shiner, TX and I love this area.

hey, how's it going?

i live in san antonio, i'm ready to be among my european stock.

Texas is full.

I got offered a job as a deck hand on a fishing boat for about 6 months in Alaska, crabbing to be exact I

know its not farming but I figure I might find someone with info on this

i have some land in hebbronville and beeville, jsut gotta wait to inherit it, not really looking for more land maybe a couple acres just somewhere quiet to raise a family. and not be around too many wetbacks

I already live here tard

Used to live in South Africa, farming there isn't really great.

Im making a garden, Does it count?

When your Gov pays you to not grow what you want there's something wrong

well amigos are half european mostly, some down here are spaniard descent

>Not nestled between beautiful mountains..

Kek I guess you've never been to Oregon

We fish a lot up here, big industry, its pretty dangerous you hear a lot of people getting lost and dying but the moneys pretty good

Ha, no. No I haven't.

>some

not the ones round here

My wife is a blueberry farmer in SW Michigan

Thinkin' about taking it, it wouldn't be my first time out at sea

The one thing I hear is that boat hours are pretty fucking shitty and arduous and I'm totally fine with it, the only thing I'm really concerned about is what kind of people usually take this kind of work?

based Oregon

Get used to meth.

Exactly. Organic and 15 different certifications... Meat production easier then milk production though. I don't think there's a single milk producer left where I live, but plenty of mid-sized meat producers. Just got to specialize, like for example we birth and raise the calfs to like 1 year, cause we have a lot of land, then sell to someone with the facilities needed to fatten them up (which we lack).

Specialization might be worse in the US though, not sure. I think farming is more difficult there in general because the competition in the US is so much greater in general.

Conny...
are you also going to be a farmer? Do you like the farm life?

Find a farm in a northern state and ask; now your a farmhand. Not going to work in southern states for obv reasons.

Do you need a helping hand in exchange for internet, shelter and food?

From my experience most of them are pretty hard bastards. I think being a bit mental helps

My dad is a farmer. Grew up being his slave labor.

I was in the military and in a part of the military where we're constantly throwing bantz around

I might just get along with them, I'm still pretty young at 22 though, I imagine there are a lot of older fellas in the fishing industry

Apple farmer here.
Nothing beats a NH grown apple in the fall. I even let people come to my orchard to pic apples.

I think you're right. Just with the EU you see a lot of farms merging, scaling up. With a 300m market and all that land I'd bet you've got to be very efficient about it.

my family plant wheat, barley alfalfa and things like that, back then we had sheeps but not now and is not our main busisnes anymore

From what I've seen the majority are younger guys, i think they get to a certain age and don't want to do it anymore, like have a family and get a safer job. The captains are older guys though

>grew up on farm in Indiana
>helped dad with farm work and animals
>had plenty of space to ride my motor bike
>my mom homeschooled me
>shot my rifles for past time
God my childhood was great

The watermelons lets me enjoy a nice vacation every year and a few dinners. Still have to do other jobs but it's nice supplemental income for something I do anyway. I also won a few blue ribbons at the county fair with my jellies and jams. Got some cash and it made useful advertising.

No, but I have the utmost respect for you gents. Truly the last remaining hardworking men. Well unless you mean some automated machine farmer who just sits on his fatass all day.

Rural Jackson County Michigan here.

Thanks for the info m80

I just want to work and be around guys I can shoot the shit with like when I was fighting for Israel

I guess that's how it works.

Don't know who took that photo btw. just google searched.

Actually thinking about starting a small army. The entire northlands (not sure how to translate), which is half the country, has like 2 patrolling police cars at this point. Bring a couple of german shepherds, we got rifles, let's do it!

Fuck you nigger faggot city slicker

no but I live on a farm, with sheep and chickens and shit.
Does that count?

No problem try not to die or fuck the crew

Hey, fellow Hoosier! I'm stuck in Indy, though.

I wish I was a farmer desu. It seems like it would be my dream life.

What I wouldn't give to be able to live on a farm and spend all day feeding animus and taking care of fruit. It's my dream desu.

I know it looks like I did but I wasn't copying you I promise.

The guys on the farm I grew up on would be in their tractors all day, sleeping 2 hours if that when the weather was good to get the hay done. Took some 3-4 days.

Birds of a feather friend.

I have a lot of cows, how's your day fellow?

My dad's a farmer, we live on a farm, i'm moving away in a few months though.

All neets should get their own little farm that would solve so much, and then the produce can be used in local schools, hospitals etc. I hate the fact that there are so much neets now. What a failure of society.

Sup Forums solves crimes these days, hunts down corrupt government officials, etc., why not start some social programs as well.

Sumter county AL checking in, proud cattle and ex-catfish farmer. Happen to own a bunch of tractors. Who else has some?

Expect more ignorant farmers, i mean this is Sup Forums

Nice gravity defying skills there desu.

Is there any reason to grow organic food anymore?

i'm getting that feeling when I played harvest
moon 64 for the first time

t. sad suburbanite