Holy shit New York is going to raise the price of cigs to 13$ a pack

Holy shit New York is going to raise the price of cigs to 13$ a pack

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-20/illegal-tobacco-cigarettes-smuggled-into-australia-fluffy-toys/8285470?pfmredir=sm
cigs4girls.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's a faggot. what do you expect?

everyone has switched to vaping in new york.

anyway, I'm in comfy virginia where cigs are cheap and you can get a concealed carry permit without ever firing a gun

just means that buying cigs in Ohio at $6 per pack and selling in new york at $10 per pack under the table will make even more money.

Liberals are retarded. If he really wanted people to stop smoking, he should lower the prices.

Worked in Australia.

>when your mayor brags about stealing more money from the citizens
Mayor Donald Trump Jr

They're trying to add a $0.40/mL tax to vaping too

>you can get a concealed carry permit without ever firing a gun
I'm jelly

Good. Shit kills man.

in australia they look like this and cost min/ around 25

Good news for the black market. Get hustling NY bros

to kill people?

the average smoker smokes for over 20 years before dropping dead

>smoking the tobacco jew

>hurr durr smoking is bad for you, so lets make it harder to quit

A real buncha geniuses in jew york, huh

$9 a pack in cali now, shit is ridiculous .

Missouri here

Marlboros are $4 a pack

feels good man

>25 roobuks for propaganda packets with cancer sticks inside

it takes a special type of retard to think lowering the price of a product will be a negative incentive.

we even voted against raising the taxes on cigs this last election too

New York City, not New York State. Smoke up Long Island!

>worked
>black market sales have exploded
>see people now with non plain packaging smokes more often

mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-20/illegal-tobacco-cigarettes-smuggled-into-australia-fluffy-toys/8285470?pfmredir=sm

Our cigarettes now cost $1 each. With such a price rise it's no wonder a black market has popped up yet our leaders are shocked about this. How could this have happened? Fuckin idiots.

Also see pic related. Smoking related tax revenue is too sweet to give up. It's such a cash cow that when they reach the peak on the laffer curve they will be faced with the decision of 1; keep raising the tax and start losing revenue but continue your crusade in the hopes it stops people smoking (lol) or 2; stop and try and return to the revenue maximizing point on the laffer curve. Anyone with any sense will realize government will go for #2, showing that it was never about public health but it was simply a sin tax on people to help feed their excessive spending.

t. Non smoker who finds it gross

Should make it $20 desu. The only next best thing is to outlaw it altogether.

If the prices were lower, there would be less cigarretes on the shelves, because it wouldn't be profitable to the companies to sall them in NYC.

They would just sell somewhere else.

Raising prices will just take money out the pockets of smokers. They would smoke anyway. But you can't smoke if there are nono for sale.

You would think the Indians would shut this white down.

not one fuck given... cigarette smoking fags need to be exterminated

Collect 'em all!

>Falling for the tobacco jew

>I'm jelly
Why would you want a license to carry while having absolutely zero experience with a firearm?

This gives shitskins another pseudo-illegal substance to traffic in. I'm sure they can make decent margins just illegally importing them.

Lmao are cigs really this expensive in murica?

Companies don't profit off of taxes.

Good. Smoking is degeneracy. I support the State quelling degeneracy.

Why be a puss about it and no just ban them completely?

Oh wait goymoney

>needing a permit to carry a concealed weapon
lmaoing at your life

You dumb faggot, the companies don't get that extra money from the high price.

Those are taken by the city or state as taxes.

That being said tobacco is a degenerate new world plant.

The average smoker starts in their late teens so those are terrible odds.

kek. we just got a $0.12 a gallon tax on gas in cali. thanks brown hope you die in a fire faggot!

In case you feel like killing yourself anywhere

Because in my case, in my State, the alternative is

>pay $150 for course
>pay $75 for Town license
>get fingerprinted
>background check
>3 references have to be submitted
>pay $75 for State license
>5 months later
>now you can actually buy a gun and ammo

>leftist globalists want us dead
>leftist globalists don't want us to smoke

either they don't want us dead or smoking makes you live longer

Are you retarded? This thread has nothing to do with taxes.

This is price control.

I fucking hate this state. NYC and it's shitty ass boroughs seriously need to get separated and become their own state. Upstate can't keep fucking paying for their BULLSHIT.

feds would slap him down for interfering with interstate commerce

>not buying a bag of tobacco and rolling it yourself

>raise price of a product mostly bought by poor people
Why do liberals hate the poor?

can you read faggot?
>highest in the country

de Blasio just said it was wrong to deport illegals for DUIs
So, smoking bad. Illegal entry and drunk driving, no problem.

You're literally looking right at it, you're looking at him write it out; He put it right there at the beginning. And you put it after the number.

What is wrong with you?

Chicago gangs import cigarettes from Missouri and sell them in Illinois. In fact, imported cigarettes are one of the most lucrative criminal enterprises in Chicago.

Raising the cost of cigarettes to unreasonable amounts only leads to increased crime and violence.

Actually, Brazil is in the southern hemisphere so "lowering" from his perspective is the same as "raising" from ours.

no I think states could actually ban cigs all together if they felt like it

they aren't protected at all

>Brazilian economists

>brazilian economists

they dont want you to quit they want you to pay more for your habit to get free money to give to the blacks and hispanics to have more kids

Here in Leafistan our packs have disgusting warnings covering over half the package as well. I'm not sure how your dollar compares to ours lately, but i am paying $16 canabucks which is pretty much the same as New Yorks new $13 USD price.

>living in a nanny state
>voting for leftists

>smoking the tobacco Jew
This is still a thing?

cigs4girls.net/ Cheaper to buy in bulk, but takes several weeks to arrive, and occasionally seized by customs.

No, they rightly want people who create healthcare cost to pay for it.

>New Jersey's tax coffers thank you, Mr. De Blasio

I dont even smoke and that pisses me off

>still falling for the tobacco jew
stop it. i smoked for 15 years and quit 3 years ago.
it's not hard. don't believe when (((they))) say buy our nicotene gum and patches - those are just a temporary fix

What are you vaping on Sup Forums?

Didn't one nig already die in NYC for selling loosies? "Can't breathe" guy.

is he proud of this? i don't get it
doing it out of spite?

Well, shit.

Here in Texas, you can buy a Groupon and take an in-class course with a loaner gun with range training included for like $20.

Once you pay your $140 application fee, you get approved and you're on your way.

Need to keep them alive so they can consume and vote. Push them towards Mary Jane — keeps criminals subdued, fat, watching Netflix and snacking.

The tobacco tax dollars are valuable for a state, but they hope to make it up in other ways, and keep smoking as a luxury for the wealthy.

How much for dip? It's $3.71 for a can of Copenhagen wintergreen in Maryland.

>mfw $2.50 a pack here

>Jew York Shitty
>does something Jewish and Shity
>zomg

>Live in NYC
Most people who smoke have their own suppliers who buy out-of-state, but holy shit I can't wait to go into the bodega when this happens and see how made people get when they can't buy a pack and might have to buy one less lottery ticket to afford it. Who am I kidding, they'll just sell off more of their kids' food stamps.

Cigs cost nearly 30$ for a packet of 20$ here now.

Politicians think raising the price every 3 months will force people to give up.
All its done is create a black market for tobacco and every gas station and dairy in the country is being robbed weekly for smokes.

Also no license at all for CC/OC.

Here in PA you fill out a form and the Sheriff has to issue a license unless he can come up with a good reason why not within I think about a month.

It's just the city retard, also I agree but you get to keep Cuomo.

Also REMOVE BLASIO NOW

I drove by the Marlboro factory a month ago in Virginia. Place gave me creeps as it's so fucking massive and dedicated infastructures for a simple product

fyi, nicotine is a deadly neurotoxin. Less than 1/2 a gram of the stuff will KILL you.

It's used as a pesticide.

>tfw cigarettes are gonna be more expensive than blow in a few year and something only the cool rich kids will be doing

If you guys ever secede, please declare war on Connecticut first and raze it to the ground.

If you dont have a bodega where they ship that shit in from Virginia and you pay $7-8 a pack you're doing NYC wrong

>current year +2
>still typing zomg

my nigga, 2.75 in Michigan. Longcut, right?

land of the free

Should be 75$ a cig.

FYI nicotine is a nootropic and an NMDA antagonist that has neuroprotective properties and has shown promise in halting dementia

FYI water is a deadly substance that can reduce ones ability to intake oxygen and can cause renal failure

>Not wanting to be a 90s kid again.
Get fucked Leaf. You're too young for this board.

Most people who are that price conscious here illegally buy ones brought over from other states at lower prices anyway. I don't smoke myself but at best this would probably only make it harder for teenagers to smoke.

Yep. No one does pouches lol.

I prefer my candy addiction, sour skilttles master race

No, states could ban the *use* of cigarettes in public (like commiefornia), however given the broad interpretation of the Commerce Clause, they could not prevent the sale/purchase (and thus possession) of cigarettes.

but Tobacco is a Native American thing for thousands of years.

Need more taxes for dem programs

Why is it okay to make people who smoke's lives even more miserable but not people who drink alcohol? Both are a problem but we just accept the existence of alcohol.

Tobacco doesn't hurt people. Cramming down cheeseburgers, milkshakes, fries, pies, cakes, candy, and cokes is what makes you fat and destroys your body's ability to fight disease.

In either case though, the gub'mint should fuck off. It's not their job to monitor your health nor to provide healthcare.

Raising the price of cigarettes causes people to quit smoking. This is indisputable.

>weed should be legal because making it illegal just props up illegal black markets and promotes criminality
>cigarettes costing multiple times market prices won't prop up a black market, in fact floor prices never prop up black markets

second hand alcohol fumes dont exist

Because while I understand flicking butts is one of the small pleasures in life for smokers, it gets rather out of control when you walk by somebody's front porch and it's as if somebody blew up a pinata full of butts.