Turkish coup was pro/anti Erdogan?

Does Sup Forums agree with the theorem: Erdogan was the one behind the Turkish coup to gain more control over Turkey.

In my opinion he fixed a coup d'état in order to get more people behind him and get the opportunity to stop his opponents from working against him. The way he took action after the coup was just too steadfast and gave him the opportunity to blame a certain group straight away.

The coup was in favour of his goal: ultimate power in Turkey.

Other urls found in this thread:

stripes.com/news/power-at-incirlik-air-base-off-for-third-day-after-turkish-coup-attempt-1.419729
stripes.com/news/incirlik-airspace-reopened-turkish-base-commander-detained-1.419571
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm not sure if he planned it himself, but I think they knew of it beforehand, let it happen and then reacted fast and crushed. Then used it as an excuse the fuck everything up. Great times.

Either he was behind the coup, or he knew about it.

They have a list ready on who to purge to make a islamic regime. Erdogan will never step down voluntary.

Excpect mass hiring by pkk, and a bigger conflict in the future.

Gotunu sikiym mal Herif

Allahu Ekber!

What do you think about the forces of the Turkish millitary that day. I frequently hear that Turkey has a very strong army, why weren't they capable of getting full control?

Tnx for reply from Turkish native, appreciated.

Nobody is expecting that he will step down. Even if he lost an election, I'm not sure he will go away. But he won't lose an election, because they're fixing those too.

Yeah you guys need to get him out of power somehow. It's looking like it's going to end ugly. Dirty mudslimes or not you all are the most western country in the middle east, he's only going to shove more modern islamist bullshit down your throats until you've turned into saudi arabia.

That night, I think they had to act sooner than they've planned. Because normally, if you're making a coup in Turkey, you do it in 4 in the morning, so nobody can react. But these guys did it in 10 PM so everybody saw in on TV and when the sultan called his fanatics to the street they were able to do it. On another note, it was not the whole Turkish Armed Forces that tried the coup, it was just a faction within the army. They took control of some civilian buildings, but they were not able to capture one government official, let alone the sultan. That's why everybody thinks that this coup was a sham.

All the alternatives to democratic elections to remove him seems bloody, and I don't think there is an organised opposition that can do something like that. Every person with two brain cells, and means to do so is leaving the country so that leaves the opposition even weaker.

In a coup you fucking cut electricity, internet, communication and all that shit so people sit in their homes while you take over. Erdog literally broadcasted on TV and said go out on the streets. Like a false flag for happening. Also an army is supposed to fucking shoot if there is a chimpout. These people don't even know what a coup d'état is.Ever since, he is re naming bridges, schools, streets, any other places as 15 July School or 15 July Bridge or whatever. Who the fuck literally makes a strike at 10 PM? Who the fuck literally doesn't shoot when civilians rush at you? The most sickening part is that these neckbeard goatfuckers actually beat up and beheaded some soldiers. They were just obeying orders. Their deaths are in vain and now people spit in their grave. Poor souls. Erdogan and all his establishment are spineless and lowest scum of the earth.

They also changed the name of the military hospital GATA to Sultan Abdülhamit Han Hospital, fucking kek.

My father thinks a group of high ranked soldiers actually did do this because Erdog was coming for them either way. Note that they were Gulenists which were former allies with Erdog.

No, rumor has it, that Russia was aware of the plans and warned Erdogan (which resulted in that amazing relationship change from shooting down russian aircraft over Syria to being real cozy).
On the other hand, the USA was aware as well but did nothing (which would account for the icy relationship with the USA afterwards and still ongoing).

This obviously rules out Erdogan being actually behind the coup himself (though, as said above, he knew about it and countered it).

Are you planning on leaving the country?

There are a lot of Erdogan followers in The Netherlands, could we do a straight swap between the yes voters and the no voters?

Did you see a significant change in the popularity of Turkey as a vacation land for Russian people?

Did you see it decline in the past years and now rise again since the so called '' bond '' between the nations is now cozy?

USA and Fetullah Gülen was behind the coup since coup flights had landed US air base Incirlik and many NATO soldiers have been detained. Also after coup İncilirlik airbase's electric supplies had shutdowned for many times and base was surrounded by police force.

Only thing is.. Probably Erdogan knew it before. But we dont know how much hours or days before. He almost get detained group of comandos at Dalaman. But he escaped with few hours. Comandos cleaned the hotel, but they see that Erdogan had already left. If comandos would succeed and detained Erdogan it would be finished quickly.

Did Erdogan use and planned it in faviour of himself?.. I am not sure. In one night almost 200 people died. I dont think Erdogan could trust and foreseen such resistance for himself from his supporters.

>why weren't they capable of getting full control?
Only Fetullah Gülen followers and NATO fags in army took action. They are maybe %5 in army. That is why airforce was actively used. Because you can have so much effect with few jets. Maybe %30 of army was in faviour but they didnt give shit since they are most unwanted group in army by the Kemalist majority.

>The coup was in favour of his goal: ultimate power in Turkey.
It would be like breaking your own leg to get an insurance though.

I think it was a legit coup. There was a motive.
It simply wasn't planned that well

Nope. This is my country. Even with all this shitstorm, I love my country and I would like to see it get better.

This graphic shows the clear fact of Worker Immigration versus Intellectual immigration. We sent the poor to the EU. The ones that are able to go to USA and Britain are of high education.
I'll try landing on Russia when I graduate. Even if I keep my Turkish citizenship, we just saw the government is low enough to cheat hard in elections. There are evidence online but nothing happens because they are in power of the high councils.

>Does Sup Forums agree with the theorem: Erdogan was the one behind the Turkish coup to gain more control over Turkey.

More likely that he found some existing malcontents and hyped them up.

What's very clear is that he had a list of targets before all this shit started, and was waiting for the right chance.

The more interesting long term game is how much sway he will have over the muslim parts of europe, and his relations with both the US and Russia. In the short term, Trump seems to either back him, or at the least not oppose him.

What's Edrogan's next move? I know he wants some control over the outcome in Syria, he wants no kurdistan, he wants Gullen.

This is also a plausible thing. Nobody does byzantine politics like the byzntines.

ITT: roach central
>In my opinion he fixed a coup d'état in order to get more people behind him and get the opportunity to stop his opponents from working against him. The way he took action after the coup was just too steadfast and gave him the opportunity to blame a certain group straight away.

The coup was in favour of his goal: ultimate power in Turkey.

germanised roaches says exactly this is happening, and if they family members in roachistan get on erdogans bad side they get fucked

Why do Turkish people like it so much to blame Gülen for everything?

He is like the major scapegoat and it's such an easy target for Erdogan to blame him. His followers just copy his ideas and now 70% of Turkey wants to chop Gülen his head off, meanwhile he is just chillin in Murica....

ye how he dare not obey the supreme turkish leader

>Why do Turkish people like it so much to blame Gülen for everything?
Gülen and his group took every critical position in government, military and police forces. They caused so many highly ranked secular military officers to go prison for many years including ex Chief of the General Staff of Turkey; İlker Başbuğ. Since Gülen is puppet of USA; every Turkish citizen has right to hate him from secularists to islamists.

I don't buy this. How does Gulen being in power help the US's interests? And NATO troops being even appearing to be involved in a coup of a NATO member state is completely nuts.

Inkrik has nukes, and that's not something you want to get into a shoving match over lightly.

I think it's more likely that Edrogan was posturing to the public, and also reminding the US and NATO that continued use of Inkrik was not something to take for granted.

So, what are the current major factions? There's Edrogan supporters, Kemalists, Gulenists, and I imagine some level of full retard Muslim caliphate supporters?

It sounds like Gülen is actually a good man to lead Turkey.

Anyway Erdogan is doing the same however he makes Turkey sink like Atlantis.

Tranny here. Should I be worried about my rights?

Which rights?

You have no rights.

Haha. But seriously no ones ever been hostile yet. Maybe looking foreign helps

>inkrik
do you mean incirlik?

>It sounds like Gülen is actually a good man to lead Turkey.
Gülen erdog they are both the same shit. Just couldn't agree with each other.

>How does Gulen being in power help the US's interests?
Being power as puppet.

>And NATO troops being even appearing to be involved in a coup of a NATO member state is completely nuts.
How come u forget after Incirlik airbase involvement to Coup, Turkey cut off electricity base and detained Turkish NATO officers as flights from this base fueled the coup jets on air.
stripes.com/news/power-at-incirlik-air-base-off-for-third-day-after-turkish-coup-attempt-1.419729
stripes.com/news/incirlik-airspace-reopened-turkish-base-commander-detained-1.419571

What SPECIFIC policy objectives does Gullen help with? The US wants Turkey on it's side because of it's pivotal position v Russia and the Middle east. Edrogan had already approved airstrikes to be launched from Turkey. What does Gullen have to offer?

>How come u forget after Incirlik airbase involvement to Coup, Turkey cut off electricity base and detained Turkish NATO officers as flights from this base fueled the coup jets on air.
Not forgetting that at all. If the US wanted an excuse to intervene directly, it could simply claim that hostile forces were surrounding it's nukes, and it would have instant approval to send all the force it wanted to "defend" the base. It's completely idiotic.

It was known that he would fly to İstanbul and he hovered over turkey for hours during the coup yet no one shot him down. 9/11 all over again...

I actually met with one of the generals who got arrested. My father works with military bases in turkey. I was helping him out with the work one day and general came in to look at the progress. He was a very progressive good person. No wonder turdogan arrested him...

The problem is not erdogan. Its the turkish people... Inferior dna. Adolf was right...