You know the trend of ugly female protagonists?

You know the trend of ugly female protagonists?
Want some business insider info? Well here it comes.
It is, in fact, not SJW driven, atleast not at its core. It all begun in 2007 where EA did a study of why the untapped populous of females flocked to mirrors edge, but not to other titles with comparatively strong female protagonists.
Huge questionares where sent out, and the only stat that differed for mirrors edge was that, indeed, females rated her appearance as way uglier than the other ones, and that they could relate more to her than the others.
After this the study was performed again and again on new games and it was found that there was a direct correlation with facial structure to engagement of females. This study quickly leaked to all other big names in gaming including the company i work for.
So, simply put:

Females cannot and will not feel empathy or engagement for women that they see as competition.

That's why games like mirrors edge, assassins-creed(with ugly sidecharacters) and Horizon Zero Dawn are HUGE with females.
Its 100% market driven, and if you actually play these games you will also find that these characters RARELY are degenerate sluts, which would be the case if this was SJW driven. In most of these games the females openly reject brown males while in some cases hinting at attraction at the normal white guy (because guess what the vast majority of females loathe anyone that isn't white, just look at dating studies).
It is however also a success with SJW's because they think its more of a "realistic" female being represented.

So, don't worry guys, we will keep on putting hot chicks as antagonists and protagonists in games aimed for guys.

If anyone has any other questions about the inside of modern gaming feel free to ask.

Do you know where I can find gaming industry research and white papers? I mean the shit that gets circulated internally, not something well-known to the public.

An intriguing and plausible analysis.
(You) deserve a bump at least.

Females have a huge self esteem issue. They keep driving metal through their fucking faces. I went downtown earlier in a small town in California and every fucking one of them had metal jammed through their faces. WTF is happening?

THEY'RE LITERALLY JAMMING METAL THROUGH THEIR FACES

>business insider info
>no Link or any other kind of proof

Welcome to nu/pol

>They keep driving metal through their fucking faces.
You mean piercing?

I don't think they found Mirror's Edge Girl ugly, they were just a bunch of racists who hate gooks.

HZD chick is hot you fucking faggot
Also
>believing women's self report on ANYTHING

Fuckin swedes man

There rarely are leaks since everything is watermarked both visibly and encoded, someone would essentially have to screenshot and put noise in 300+ pages. And it isn't like some le epic meme conspiracy either, these studies mostly confirmed older psychological studies of females that are freely available.

>Business insider information
>"Hey here's a meme because you are obviously some fake guy since you didn't post things that could reveal who you are and ruin your career like a face-pic, digitally watermarked reports or your adress of residence!

Nice meme, sometimes i forget not everyone here is 18+.

Well western females disagree, males however usually agree that she is cream of the crop level.
And it wasn't "self reported", they where paid to do the study which never hinted at what part was the important one (and EA didn't even know it during the first one).

Whether they were paid or knew the true purpose of the questions is 100% irrelevant to its status as "self reporting"
Faggot
LARP as a scientist on reddit

Makes sense actually. Larping or not

Btw, anyone remember vidya before bobby kotick ? Fucking kikes

:'(

>That's why games like mirrors edge, assassins-creed(with ugly sidecharacters) and Horizon Zero Dawn are HUGE with females.

I'm curious about this, could you quantify this? I believe they're huge with females, but as far as I know women are only a tiny fraction of the core videogame market (by that I mean no smartphone or casual games). Even if these games are hugely successful with females is it worth it if you're losing a portion of the male audience because the protagonist is ugly?

If I remember correctly only 5% of the Nintendo online accounts are owned by females and I suspect it's similar for Xbone/PS4/PC. Is servicing such a niche profitable?

Interesting, tell us another secret

What a load of crap. I know a lot of females who love Tomb Raider and fighting games with attractive women.

Where's your source? Your ass?

Interesting, you may be a cuck but you really came through on this one Sweden. Here's a (you).

What company do you work for? DICE? Please dont let battlefront 2 be shit

Stop bumping this shit you morons

Nope, it's because they are either glorified puzzle games or have gameplay or a setting that appeals to females. They like Mirror's Edge because it's about jumping around shiny shit, not shooting people. They like Assassin's Creed because it's about handsome men parkouring around exotic locations. They like Horizon Zero Dawn because it's set in nature and it's pretty. Your multi-million dollar market research is useless. Here, I'll save you another five million dollars, ready? Women like pretty settings and handsome men, and they're not crazy about shooting shit. They're disinterested in female attractiveness in a video game, and if they play as the character they would prefer her to be pretty. Maybe next time pay attention to what makes the game different before you spend millions giving surveys to SJW's.

Pic related, it's the Overwatch character that females like the most. She's attractive, she's easy to play, and the game is aesthetically pleasing to females. Put it together, industry.

But someone actually brought up an important aspect, you have to understand that:

What males rates as attractive in a female != what females rate attractive in a female.

That's for example why HZD main character looks nothing like she did in the concept art, she was later modified to look ugly to females but good to males.

Never claimed i was a scientist mr le epig leddit meme-master.

HZD is hovering around a staggering 12% of female userbase, and like i wrote above, they usually try to make them to be ugly to females but good looking to males.

ME Andromeda is a shitshow because of what i'll write below-

ME Andromeda failed with this because everyone experienced was busy, not because they intentionally hired SJW but because they had no other choice.

Attractive to you (male) is not equal to attractive to female. Ever wonder why new female protagonists are attractive in a new way compared to older games, especially with rounder faces?

I do not work for DICE but another company big in Sweden.

>tells not to bump
>bumps

Does black main characters have any impact on sales?

i though faith was pretty hot tho, maybe i was just a [horny teen]/[weeb]

Fun fact: the action soldier genre is the height of fantasy over reality.
A damning 46%, yes nearly half of all female soldiers of the IDF are injured- excluding training, in which the bar for women is significantly lowered- but in actual military service.

The retired officer who publicly released these statistics, yes they're actual, still gets feminist hate mail for stating the truth.

THE
SEXIST
FUCKING
PIG

Yes, and a big one. Even the ethnic userbase generate less sales.

Read , attractive to males unattractive compared to females.

Observe how the face is way more rounded in the last picture here, and how this is common with ALL new female protagonists.

*the female action soldier genre

It's called piercings, user.

Stop being an uncultured fuck.

I bet you think Fox news is hip?

Fucking larpers

what a fucking shock

It is more a manly jaw than a rounded face

Today Sven was not a cuck.
This explains why every slut I met in Wow 5 years ago was playing a blood elf, night elf, or draenei, while every ugly bitch was playing a Tauren, troll, dwarve, or gnome.

Fabricated and homosexual. I work in games, and I can tell you that SJW reactions drive a huge proportion of this shit.

What I don't get though is that the main character of Mirrors Edge is good looking. So how hot are these gamer girls that they don't feel threatened?

Or do they not feel she's competition because she's Asian?

You probably work for a small company then forced to hire the SJW since the good ones are working on the bigger games.

Interesting theory but I'm not buying it. I think this mostly comes down to incompetence from video game developers (especially those that fired 90% of their team to make way for women and pocks) not knowing what the fuck they're doing since it's ruining the looks of male characters as well.

What woman would want to play a game as an ugly male? Remember when MGS2's developers said in an interview that they made Raiden since some girls said that they wanted to play a prettyboy and not some old fart like Snake?

Rare

do you have link to study? it would be fun to rub it in feminists faces

>piercings
>culture

go crawl back up your dad's ass you faggot

Not a theory, Im talking about actual corporate strategy,

You honestly think that for example blizzard is firing good programmers to take in SJW's? Or that bethesda is doing that?

You guys honestly think that these gaming companies would risk their only source of income by hiring untalented SJW's for any major project? Can you guys point me to a AAA game made with mostly SJW's that tanked other than ME Andromeda which was a literal sideproject?

Again, look at this rounder face.

NOBODY CARES!!!!!!!!!

If the gameplay is good the character can be an other kin it doesnt MATTER.

The protagonist doesn't change the gameplay.

Ryse had a burly, roman centurion that any man would love to be. But it FLOPPED. because the gameplay is a shit.

kill urselfs, you think too hard about this

When are businesses going to wise up to the fact that women don't know what they like, and with very little prompting will come up with spurious lists of shit they "don't like" on the spot just because you asked them a question?

Example:
pre-FF10 or thereabout: tell the same sort of epic story over and over, dropping in similar fantasy characters with obvious, fun character quirks, making the familiar moves more and more epic etc.

post-FF10: "what do girls like?" oh shit, we've fucked our games so hard it's actually worth playing them to see how awful the dance off section actually is.

(okay, prettyboy new FF is getting back on track, but only by a hair's interest after a day or so).

Just fucking igore the focus groups, you only end up with magically overpowered Eldar units if you don't.

>Observe how the face is way more rounded in the last picture here, and how this is common with ALL new female protagonists.
Round face is feminine. Modern female computer games protagonists don't look feminine.

First day?

Except that western companies have steadily been drawing in females.

>Yes, and a big one. Even the ethnic userbase generate less sales.
so this is why niggers are everywhere in my games yelling WE WUZ EUROPEAN AN SHIT ?
It's because niggers spend their days playing videogames ?
fuck that shit I want to go back when games were for white nerds.

Please swedeanon do not catter to obese bitches ever. Please.

>it's actually worth playing them to see how awful the dance off section actually is.
kek

that girl power shit was so awful

Very interesting topic actually which often is overlooked.
I love how gaming companies are able to pinpoint female psychology and even make profit on it.
Meanwhile we have "gender scientists" who belive we are all the same.
What a wonderful world we live in.

This is the only correct response in the entire thread

Rounded might be me translating the word wrong, i mean exactly what you show in that picture, a wider face with a less sharp shin.

Not that high up in the chain but there are no plans for it because those people usually don't pay.

idk I found Faith kinda qt in the new mirrors edge

Not politics. Ta ta.

No, people who wear piercings are typically left wing and liberal. Left wing and liberal people are far more cultured and natured than their conservative opponents.

This can only be something a man could have came up with, part of the escapism/power fantasy of video games with female protagonists for female gamers is pretending to be a hot AF supermodel lady who's also a mercenary somehow. Of course you're going to "relate" more to an average looking person if you're an average person, but if I wanted to consume media where I relate to the protagonist I'd watch a movie, if I want an over the top fantasy I'll play a game where I'm a parkour ninja in the future.

It's like how men like pretending they are the ripped as fuck hypermasculine space marine in video games, of course they can't relate to the character because they're civilian nerds who've never been in a fight before but it doesn't make them insecure because they're pretending to be that badass muscled soldier, that's why it's fun.

Just look at any game where you can create your own character, men and women both make their character attractive.

And in games like second life where you have total control over your avatar, not just adjusting sliders, men and women typically end up posing as hypermasculine or hyperfeminine caricatures, trying to be as hot as possible (or a mermaid with big tits or a dog with a big dick or whatever they think is sexy in second life).

>Massive changes in culture now affecting 40% of population involving a multi billion dollar industry is not politics.

Okay.

>What I don't get though is that the main character of Mirrors Edge is good looking

She may have a decent body, but she's got a butter face.

That the clincher.

I can't know whether the OP is genuine, but this is a trend you see in movies so it is believable. It's why the recent Spiderman movies had an ugly love interest and why most mainstream movies will have ugly female protagonists.

>we want the womyn audience
>when there will always be more men playing AAA titles like you listed
yeah no sweden, stop being a cuck making shit up. or you surely can explain the nigger in mafia, battlefield 1 etc.

you're a long way from oz, dorothy

It's still video game thread and it belongs to Sup Forums. Stop using this as your own personal "I post whatever the fuck I want" board.
Besides, your LARPing is sad and pathetic, you should kill yourself.

>andromeda was a side project

it took them 5 years and what was it 40 million

>flag

high chance this is a shill thread

modern entertainment is all about dispossessing the white male and turning him into an obedient worker slave who expects nothing

You missed the point

It matters to women.

Just because everyone else saved their gbp for vidya dont get made you spent all your currency

You guys keep forgetting that males are wired differently than females.

Also gonna post a pic of my ID since you guys are asking for proof.

Why are you so triggered?

You didn't even read the thread id you? Companies are trying to get both females AND males playing the same games, thats why they do the twin-face thing which get rated differently depending on gender.

On Sup Forums they would tell you to go back to Sup Forums for the same thread, so which is it?

Is that Asa Akira?

>Telling newfag to go to proper board
>HURRR UR TRIGGERED LOLZ XDDD

It doesn't matter if they'd tell you that, it still belongs there. This excuse is old and lazy

Why tho ?

Why are you so triggered though? Mad that asians aren't represented enough or something?

>*ugly* women cannot and will not feel empathy for attractive women.

for this reason proper hot women and especially very clever womyn cannot stand the disgusting retarded SJWs who are unilaterally hideous bcs SJW-ism is a slave philosophy to give consolation to the losers.

So does game with black cock sell the most?

>It's like how men...
You assume women think like men? How come?

>retarded video game devs try to design their game for both females and males
>both have big differences in taste
lel
good luck
women play mirrors edge because you don't have to shoot and murder everyone which is something, opposed to men, they don't enjoy.

Why are you so useless, though? Your country is going down the shitter and you waste your time playing video games and LARPing in Sup Forums. You deserve to be completely wiped out. And it's all your and people like you fault

third double? Also, stop bumping this shit..
>bump

>Top secret info but no sources
>I swear guys
>Believe me

Please leave.

Nothing to do with the focus groups, though.

Skyrim. Everyone loved Skyrim 'cos it's immersive and easy to get into and you're pretty much a god by the time you can rah doh. Every girl I know who plays games loves Skyrim. No pandering.

Okay, you can argue the later DLC was focus grouped in that you can build a house and have eight kids or whatever. That doesn't really count as female meddling though, as I adopted the shit out of the Whiterun girl who pathetically sleeps behind the market, and the little flower seller who almost got ate by a dragon in front of me (stupid realism mods).

Just look at the original Dawn of War for why focus groups should not be allowed. Fucking try going toe to toe with the girl-favourite Eldar in anything less than T3.

Girls like what they like, and in vidya that overlaps a lot with what we like. You ever see Nyanners let's play? She plays Stardew Valley like we do. Or the likes of Lt Corbin? These are your market, they like punching demons to death in Doom.

The one exceptiong was the phenomenal success of Candy Crush for those six months. Some genius tapped into women's hatred of each other getting ahead and printed money on the back of selling lives for a buck.

But for the most part, girls who play games are as happy with Pokemon Go as boys.

>Y-y-y-you are so pathetic for larping online which i have no proof of, i'm on the other hand am amazing for larping being some big dude on a japanese basket weaving forum and protecting it from bad guys like u which are bad cuz i don't agree wiff you!

Okay.

Look at the females in skyrim though, look at the face shapes and compare it to the images i posted, seeing something familiar?

>Literal Stoneslab McManjaw
>rounder face

So is it that your English is lacking or are you pretending to be retarded?

>inb4 N64 cubehead screenshots

That's not a rounder face, that's just increase in detail

Your point is disproven entirely when you consider your average gaming female plays Legend of Zelda and watches Anime like Soul Eater and Black Butler. You telling me she ain't got no 2D competition there? Weeaboo dudes flock to them bitches. The women who answered that EA pol represent such a small minority in the gaming community. Now you have most core gamers not playing as many games, especially western ones.

Its my language lacking apparently, see:

Why not just contain both sets of character models in every game?

game options can have a normal and ugly mode.

Why are you so triggered, though? Is you not having any acting skills a touchy subject?

Yeah, I guess that's why women are fucking obsessed with Disney princesses and celebrities, right?

I guess your anectodal evidence trumps those studies performed by multi million dollar companies. You should really try and sell that to them and explain that zelda a 20 year old franchise and an anime movie is just the same as all modern videogames and that people watch it for the same reason the play games.

Thanks for bumping my thread thou, its nice to see that you agree with me. Didn't realise you where just messing around.

Look at recent disney princesses and their faceshape, see anything familiar which i've mentioned in this thread?

feminist shill trying to shift the narrative

post ID

No thank you, you just confirmed two things. First of all, you're LARPing. Second of all, you're really insecure. Anyway, you didn't even try to act like your character. You should train more.

Women are more obsessed with porn stars than with Disney princesses. It's 2017 after all and they emulate their idols.

Recent Disney princesses were black and Asian. Where does black and brown dick play into this equation?

>face
>way more rounded
It is the current trend though.

>You know the trend of ugly female protagonists?
>they usually try to make them to be ugly to females but good looking to males
So how would I notice the trend if they're only ugly to females?

Guys the trend is real. look at hollywood and the fashion industry. you used to have glamazons and drop dead gorgeous actresses and models (Michelle Pfeiffer, Kim Basinger, Claudia Schiffer)... now you have relatable females. (((They))) figured out womyn don't consume media to "aspire" and dream but to identify with. And most of them are mediocre af frustrated bitches

The most popular and enduring Disney movie in recent years is Frozen.

This generation of female gamers comes from their fathers being early gamers back in the late 70's early 80's who probably introduced them to gaming as children.

>Training for the race war belongs on /fit/, not Sup Forums
>LARPing you're an operator operating operationally belongs on /tg/, not Sup Forums
>Guns belong on /k/, not Sup Forums
>BBC belongs on /fa/, not Sup Forums

Go fuck yourself.

>Spiderman movies had an ugly love interest
Emma Stone is ugly?

I am a grill btw. I'm assuming how men think for that example, but I've never heard men complaining about being insecure about playing hot guys in games, only pointing out that they aren't when SJWs complain about muh big tits in vidja.

I think it has more to do with girls emulating their boyfriends. Given how incredibly popular gaming is with men, women don't really have much choice in the matter.

>Emma Stone is ugly?
For Hollywood? Yeah, she's totally "mmovie ugly".

Are you high on something?
Which features females with wide faces yes?
You are also missing that men are different from women mr man.

Sucks that the kids had to ruin this thread, keep forgetting summer is almost here. Might try again later if people have some actual questions.
Some more insider info to end it: There's a reason game-developers and modellers are getting paid more and more and its specifically an attempt to find the non-sjw's. These companies want to make money and having untalented SJW's with a political agenda doesn't make them money.

good post desu

Compared to the standards of the 1950s, she's a fucking dog.