What's the deal with Buddhists and Buddhism?

What's the deal with Buddhists and Buddhism?

Judaism, Islam and Christianity get all the attention fighting for first place.

Do Buddhists just lay low content with their "suffering"?

And atheists, meh.

To hell with the lot of them i say
I came from the void, I'll return to it, what happens in the middle is of my design.

isn't absolute nothing a belief too? and can there ever really be an absolute or infinite anything, or even contemplate it?

How is a belief when it's real?
And it's not infinite, i was born which means the darkness came to an end.

A belief is for the weak trying to escape death.
Death is truth, it is the black pill. Utter truth from madness.

so your confident you won't have more "middles"? what if conscious is the default and the void is the temporary?

imagine the sigh of relief when one realizes there is another life waiting after this one

amount of jews in the world: 16,000,000
amount of muslims in the world: 1,500,000,000
amount of Christians in the world: 2,200,000,000
amount of buddhists in the world: 530,000,000

it's weird jews are considered one of the big ones

whole goal of buddhism is to stop the cycle of death and rebirth, if they knew they were going to be reborn they'd let out a "ah, motherfucker!!" rather than a sigh of relief

both are assholes

I didn't say that.
This life is all i know thus far. There's no point in looking into the past or future, ones gone and the other hasn't arrived.
It's always ups and downs, ins and outs.

Don't worry about it. What i was trying to get across to you is that death is the destination, you can change lanes but you're stuck on that road till the end.

No one can change this, nothing can change it. There is no such thing as forever in static.

They say there are absolutes, such as nirvana, but it cam only be experienced first hand, not contemplated

I know that, but ceasing to exist forever sounds terrifying to me, not joyful.

Buddhism is communism without the ruler. It is based on sharing of resources, believes in peace and utopic with no material possession for one.

Although modern buddhists own shit load of material things and cash, especially given to them by Europeans and Americans as donation. Buddhists are also traders of gold and minerals of Tibet. True buddhism is only practices around this part of the world. East Asian taoism is similar in nature which is based off on Chinese culture and they have their own traits.

Actually, most Buddhist don't believe in reincarnation at all. This mindset is based on stories and fables where people where reborn as various animals and these stories entertained in that they described the actual experiences, not the actual rebirth process. In Buddhism you acknowledge that life is full of suffering, yet it is the goal of (you) to learn about yourself and what causes (you) to suffer and to fix it using meditation.

The thing about Nirvan is that it isn't something you experience in deep meditation or death. Nirvana can be experienced every day. Being able to purge negativity (emotionally and mentally) from your life and to look at something that would normally activate your almonds, yet feel nothing but positivity, that my friend, is Nirvana.

I just a lot of hipsters embracing Buddhism, which for me kicks it down a notch or two.

can't you do all the meditation and suffering and not be a Buddhist?

Well, it depends: are you a terrified pussy who can't handle life and would rather self-annihilate to avoid it, or are you a man?

Deep. Wow. Whoa.

Is that a wheel of dicks?

Nice.

Rare
A
R
E

Yes, I agree, but about 70-80% of these hipsters will move on once they realize that there is no god in the sky to take responsibility for their lives for them. They want major results with minimal effort, but discovering yourself and facing the good and the bad, really facing it, tends to push people away. It can be hard, but it is essential.

This. Shinto is the true Asian redpill.

Ironically you sound like you're on the verge of Buddhist beliefs

was this monk a pussy?

You don't know anything about Buddhism lad. Reincarnation is a key belief in its cosmology. Additionally, what you are describing is enlightenment, not nirvana. Nirvana is the cessation of all six sense doors, no touch, no sight, no hearing, no taste, no smell, no mind.

Eh. I don't really give a shit anymore.

Remember that Buddhism was derived from Hinduism, much as Christianity from Judaism, etc.

So the default world-view (via Hinduism) is that there is 1 uber-god - Brahman - who is dreaming. Everything - from roaches to humans to gods - are just figments of Brahman's imagination. This is why you reincarnate (there's no true non-existence) and why souls can move up and down in scale (be you vermin, beast, human, demigod or deity - you're all just part of Brahman's dream).

When that god wakes up, the dream ends. You don't "cease" to exist because you were never truly in existence - the only thing that falls off is the illusion of self. We become re-unified in the one-true-God's consciousness, so to speak.

In this context, Buddhism isn't seeking pure nihilistic-annihilation.

In the short-term, unmaking desire and identity are exercises to liberate you from suffering. Plus they're good exercises for self-control.

In the long-term, enlightenment is literally "waking up" - and if you bring Brahman closer to waking, you get to mass-enlighten and mass-liberate all of existence.

Dude your so deep. I feel like im drowning in how deep your truth it. Someone save me from how utterly deep all this is

Buddhism doesn't have any real positive belief structure. It's like some faggy hippy dude that comes up to you and says 'how do you know you're even real, man? Peace.'

As a former monastic in the Zen tradition and a practitioner of Shingon Buddhism over twenty years.. Buddhists are people like everyone else and most aren't sincere in their practice, they use a temple like Christians use a church, hatches matches and despatches. Also Buddhism is a big umbrella term from those who deny the 'self' such as the Theravada schools and some which affirm the 'self' such as the Shingon schools.

There is no such thing as Buddhism. Old school buddhism, zen, and Tibetan tantric Buddhism really have nothing in common.

I was Buddhist for a while, imo the problem is western people think Buddhism will make your life into a perpetual field of flowers where nothing sucks, as usual they're trying to escape their duties.

Buddhism is cool but ultimately doesn't work for me because there is no good and evil.

Buddhism is just Hinduism stripped for export, and arose due to demand for reform in then stagnating Hinduism. Then it started spreading into other Asian countries, fused with Taoism it birthed Chan, or more commonly known as Zen.

It seems like a really cool spiritual discipline until you realise it's a system of control just like Abrahamism, only it's more horizontally spaced. You're still trying to integrate monism and determinism that are manifestly untrue in your day to day experiences.

Oh, and if you practice Zen wrong you can put yourself in a pretty dank Double Bind that can eventually evolve in a full-blown psychosis you'll mistake for "enlightenment".

Jej.

This thread is filled with retarded pseudo intellectuals jesus christ

>dank Double Bind

nice.

Theravadic here, mahayana was not for me.

I've never understood how people say Christianity is limiting--as if material determinism weren't.

I automatically disrespect non-Asian Buddhists. It's just a fad for them. Like yoga.

Taoism is the crimson pill here

Taoism isn't even a religion.

Budhism is that guy of the class that sit in far right corner and has smirk in his face showing the false confidence of knowing everything.
Sadly when teacher ask him about some problem he cries.

Really. That's a bit stupid. I've been practicing Buddhism for nigh on 25 years, three as a monastic.

Each to their own dude. It's a broad church.

this coming from poo, sounds kind of hilarious

That guy is a moron, don't take anything he says seriously

How can you practice Zen 'wrong'? It's not hard, just sit and stare at a wall for a few hours a day. The rest takes care of itself.

You know what time it is bucko

Why do I feel like everything you said was mostly bullshit except for the part that Buddhism stems from Hinduism?

>You're still trying to integrate monism and determinism that are manifestly untrue in your day to day experiences.
Explain this user, how is it untrue?

because it is

Don't read buddhism or hinduism threads on Sup Forums theyre pretty cringe as polacks dont know shit about interpreting eastern religion.

What is your view on the self then?

No that's tommy de la rocha. Still hard to believe he survived

Nice footpucci, would suck the paint off those toes.

>It's just a fad for them. Like yoga.

What's the most hilarious thing to me is that Westerners that practice Yoga almost invariably adopt Hindu religious concepts like Karma, samsara and reincarnation, when Yoga was devised as a method to deprogram people from them in the first place.

>i am going to get liberated by adopting and enabling concepts that preclude my liberation

See what i meant by talking about the Double Bind? Comes as no surprise that a large number of people who are into Yoga and sycretic "Eastern Spirituality" turn out to be complete nervous wrecks with abhorrent personalities.

never change Sup Forums. never change.

Whoa I got rare flagged, what an honor

I have to go, I need to be alone...

Buddha literally mentioned rebirth, how is it a story or a fable?

Interesting, Hey Weird Flag, can one be a true Buddhist and still live in the Western world?

Buddhism has always struck me a self centered fortune cookie shit. Shakyamuni left his wife for no reason. Anybody who does that is a faggot in my book of 4 noble keks.

So they're like LotR elves

>monism and determinism that are ... untrue ...
>Double Blind ... psychosis you'll mistake for "enlightenment"

elaborate pls
im very intrigued

This is pretty much true, I have been in a few threads like this and it always ends with Christian polacks upstaging the thread

Buddhist absolutely abhor Muslims, for they know the truth about them.

But user, Buddha did not mention about the merging of Brahman, that solely belongs to Hinduism

False. Every Buddhist shrine is just a bunch of chinks selfishly praying for money or more pussy or longer life. Buddhism is promoted in the west by kikes like Sam Harris because it's so paradoxically mammon-oriented

I think you already follow Buddism

You shouldn't, Ivan doesn't have a fucking clue. Buddhism isn't monistic, and Ivan could have learned that from fucking wikipedia

Buddha Go Their Own Way

I don't know if you're extremely retarded or just good at pretending to be

Jej bigtow. The Jews truly run the world.

>Utter truth from madness
Shieet that is the realest thing I have heard on /pol, physical existence is a sham what lies beyond physical existence is true reality ie madness

Kike detected

If this is your retort to me after my reply to him, you are only proving me right.

Inscrutable chink meme. Nah. You chinks are selfish as fuck--you just pretend not to be. Have you ever met a chink? He'll be trying to skinflint and eat rats and claim you're ripping him off before you get a word out.

>>You're still trying to integrate monism and determinism that are manifestly untrue in your day to day experiences.
How is it untrue desu?

Polytheism has gone by the wayside. Way back when during the birth of the monotheistic religions, the thought of worshipping idols and multiple gods took a big hit.

Wow you do understand its not a chink religion I don't think chinks (Chinese) follow true Buddism they have their own version

You're a crap troll. That's the portrait of Julius Evola, a fascist writer. Furthest you could get from kikery, you utter twit

that's why im asking
what he typed was kind of simplistic
he didn't gave enough details about what he means double bind psychosis, or how you can wrongly practice Zen or even how apparently determinism in buddhism outlook is wrong

it would be good if he'd clarify

lol ok. you're literally going full retard now. 1/10 for making me reply

>Implying Nazis weren't kike controlled opposition
Pleb kike nigger.

>You chinks are selfish as fuck
>Have you ever met a chink

checks flag.

whew.

Fascinating desu

Oh, why don't you enlighten us on your chosen religion and political ideology then?

Take a trip to Bangladesh!

Take a trip to Burma (Myanmar!)

What?

that might put me at risk of leaving my holy land.

Orthodoxy, slav heaven.

>Bangladesh
Wut? They are Muslims

As other's have said, the real question is about Hinduism, not Buddhism, since Buddhism derives from Hinduism

India is one of the world's oldest civilizations, with the oldest surviving texts and traditions.

Hindu gurus secretly have all of this shit under control.

Long before the US CIA even dreamed of "remote viewing", gurus in India had been doing all of that and more for eons.

Right now, there is a guru somewhere in India, sitting in the lotus position or something similar. If he so chooses, he could observe me sitting here typing this. He would know what I am thinking as I am typing it. He can observe you reading it and he can count how many hairs make up your neck beard.

You think they don't watch over politicians? Presidents? The military?

They don't have direct control from a distance, but what they do is influence people that visit them.

Do you realize how many influential people went on some sort of spiritual journey to find themselves in Tibet or India towards the start of their careers?

Do you realize many serious biblical scholars believe that Jesus (assuming he actually existed) must have spent a serious amount of time in the east before he was 30, since so many of the NT teachings mirror eastern philosophy?

They influence with positivity because they know it is stronger than negativity. They are not evil secret rulers who meddle in everything, rather they trust in the goodness in the hearts of men and try and focus and amplify it.

Understand this and start looking at some of the headlines coming out of India right now. Attempts at central banking, removal of physical currency, replacement with biometric currency, etc. They are under attack because the spiritual evil in this world knows who it's enemy is.

Heh.

That is true, but to be fair, the Buddha deliberately ignored the metaphysics of reality since it would be distracting to monks who should be focused on practice of concentration. He likened it to getting shot with an arrow, and inquiring as to what happened before removing the arrow. So, it's not necessarily wrong to describe enlightenment as reunification with Brahman. We don't really know what reality is until we ourselves obtain nirvana through the practice of Buddhism.

Dooty Doo Doo.

Faggot.

We have Nationalised banks but yeah rest of the shit in 2spooky

>I can be a god, yo

How can you guys not see this as the proto-millennial

Maybe you could argue if you put down the vodka