Toy soldiers

how many of you people played with toy soldiers when you were younger and what effect did it have you as a child

Other urls found in this thread:

blitzkrieg-commander.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was fun in the early 90s. Maybe this is why I'm so autistic about military manuvers, tactics and warfare? Could this be the root of my general complex

It's good for you. Forced gender neutral toys are lame most the time.

Did anyone else use a lighter and spray cans to melt the fuckers? they burn like a candle when lit

i had 683 of them when i was younger ended up breaking only 10 of them

I had shitloads of them. would guess about 1000

also did this a lotgrew up in the 80's though.
Don't think modernday children even know that toy soldiers exist. at least not my degenerate nephew who wanted a toy kitchen for his birthday

I'm thirty-two i've still got a box of fucking toy soldiers.

Although all I do with them is use them as stand-in proxys for Warhammer miniatures.

the plastic smelt and felt highly toxic

we have to go back

Got them as well after the Toy Story movie, was hyped as fuck but got bored in 15 minutes.

who remembers ACTION MAN??

I still do, I just upgraded to Bolt-action miniatures/wargame.

>Maybe this is why I'm so autistic about military manuvers, tactics and warfare?
There might be a biological reason behind that.

I have some that my dad painted in the 1950's, they've got EM-2 rifles. Better quality than modern ones.

Would set these up with my brother and then shoot elastic bands at eachother's armies. Was a good time.

This I fucking love toy soldiers or as we call them miniatures.

Wargaming hobby is the best hobby.

helped me understand solar energy with a magnifying glass.

He wanted a toy kitchen? Well why are you continuing to abuse him by not chopping his dick off and giving him the hormones he clearly needs for proper development?

My friend when I was young would spend hours in his shed melting them with a lighter, welding two of them together in sexual positions.

I loved my toy soldiers. My favorite was my German Commander- still have him. Bazookas, ARs, grenades...the best.

It forged my love of TT gaming later, such as 40k.

It was my favorite toy, I loved them

That isn't what mine looked like at all, what message do the Irish teach their kids?

I played with dolls until I finally identified as female.

well his degenerate parents enforce this weird behavior.

ironically he is also constantly getting into brawls with other boys.
brawls he starts...

Made me wanna join/currently joining the marines

>not buying hundreds of 1/72 scale plastic miniatures from all military histories and staging massive week-long campaigns across the house to take or defend whole rooms

Also is this politics

You can still save him then

I had a few. They were fun to play with. People who join the military are stupid imo.

Some of my happiest memories were me and my dad setting up our soldiers, me green, him tan, around the house or garden and then taking turns flicking elastic bands at them to knock them over. First person to take out all the enemy soldiers wins.

Good times.

i did and it was fun as fuck but as always i got bored mid game and just stopped playing.
it was the prehistoric real time strategy game before computers.
then my favorite computer games became red alert and army men

it didnt affect me at all? i always like the old war environment, thus thats why i loved predator, aliens, and such.

how did it affect me? i really cant tell because i dont feel the effects of it in my daily life, but i'd say that from that i understood team work, team effort, and sacrifice.

is this a euphemism with the pic

I did. In school we even built a small fort out of matches and matchboxes. Burned pretty good

My brother and i had a couple thousand of the miniature ones. Would use micromachines as vehicles. Even had rules set up for it.

Hey it's great to see people here into miniature games. I mentioned Warhammer in a previous post because I assumed it'd be recognizable but do any of you play other games?

Have you heard of Blitzkreig Commander and Cold War Commander? Two extremely good rules systems for Tabletop Wargames, far better than the very basic systems used in Warhammer. and both pull heavily from reality to try and make the systems and included scenarios as good as possible.

Also as it is a rules system and not a business around selling miniatures the system can adapt to suit any base scale you want, from 6mm up to the huge sizes it is all compatible.

You should check them out if you've an interest! blitzkrieg-commander.com

I recommend it highly for any of you lot into Historical scenarios and miniatures.

i had a shit ton of them too
the classic green ones, the tan ones, the gray ones were always the nazis to me,

then i had those weird posing army men that i didn't know wtf they were supposed to be doing like the one kneeling over but he doesn't even have a radio? or the one holding just a regular pistol while all his friends had fucking rifles. i thought maybe he was a spy or a commando, but damn he wore the same uniform as everyone else.
then there was always that asshole that couldnt stand up and kept falling over because the plastic base had a little dent

Yeah I used to have friends with their own collections and we'd line them up in the backyard in front of each other in tactical battle-ready positions and then we'd go turn by turn making moves on them like a chessboard and using our imaginations to strike harder at the enemy then the other player.

Fun times. I also had paratrooper toys with the parachute thing on them.

I was more into those "6 action figures (first person to make a penis joke is confirmed for autism) that were semi-posable and could hold those little plastic guns. Those things were the shit. I still have all of mine.

>tfw kids these days don't play with cool soldiers with their imagination, they play games on their phones
Maybe this is the problem with kids these days. Games don't require imagination, they just require input. They don't have to make up storylines or settings or anything like that. They just do what is allowed within the program.

We used to set them up as an invading force, with different squadrons, machine gun posts, and command centers. We then took up positions with BB-Guns & picked apart the enemy. It taught me Gun safety & marksmanship, teamwork, discipline & strategy. I'm sure there are other attributes, but it sure was fun. We didn't need state sponsored gender discrimination with Legos.

Was fun as a kid to get to actually play AS a toy soldier too.

Don't know why is said from 6mm, the system works just as well with even smaller 2mm scale. Oh well guess i'm retarded.

I thought they were boring stamped plastic samecolor samefigurine stuff.

Cap guns, peuter figurines to play D&D with, and legos. That's was my jam.

This game was so fucking kool, i had forgotten all about it until now

"Legos" isn't a thing, idiot.

when i was a boy, i played with army men and loved it

>then there was always that asshole that couldnt stand up and kept falling over because the plastic base had a little dent

that drove me nuts. I usually burnt them down or fucked them up with firecrackers

Planted firecrackers around them, that was fun to simulate the Middle East in my garden.

I'm gen z and I had toy soldiers. We would pretend the tans we're middle easterners and put them in paper airplanes and fly them into fires

I didn't like kids like you.

I thought destroying my own toys was stupid.