North Korea Strategy Thread!

Hey Sup Forums
If USA were to go to war with Best Korea, how do you think it would play out?
How would the first month look and what kind of strategy would you use? Also how would you go about starting a war with North Korea (or vice versa) while avoiding the possibility of border artillery shelling the Seoul metro area?
How would China and Russia react to the war? Also would Japan use the explanation of self defense to deploy the JSDF in combat roles?

While I know the weapons that the North uses are antiquated, I feel like it would be easier to hit Goyang and the surrounding area with artillery, and maybe even use smaller rockets (not the "nuclear warhead carrying experimental ICBMs") to hit Seoul. To me, I feel if the war were to start, it would have to start quickly and with the element of surprise, by targeting or taking the border artillery positions directly north of Seoul and on the islands north of Incheon. Maybe this can be achieved by having a faux joint South Korea and American military exercise, most likely an air-force exercise so that the border artillery could be taken out quickly.
I also feel like taking Pyongyang early would be essential, to possibly metaphorically "cut off the head of the snake." But I also wouldn't put it past Kim Jong-un to use whatever shoddy "nuclear" weapons he has on his own cities once they get occupied.

China and Russia would react in different ways I think. China would externally be against the invasion, but would also internally be relieved that they wouldn't have to deal with whatever annoyance North Korea has in store for the future. Russia on the other hand would probably disagree with the invasion, saying that peace was a possibility, and also would maybe even support the North Koreans with money or some kind of deal, basically to battle the American sphere of influence in the area. Japan on the other hand would deploy the JSDF in combat roles, because of immediate threats to their national security. Your thoughts?

Shock and awe that would make Baghdad look like firecrackers.

Americans wasting their entire PGMs arsenal to pound NK's SAM and artillery sites while 5 million of starving norks on T-55 zergrush southward and collectively prolapse K-pop stars on the ruins of liberated Seoul

>the USA could defeat the North Koreans in a fire figh-

NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA xD

I hope that N.Koreans kill as much as Americans possible when they are going down....

Just speculating but I feel like they would do things more precisely to limit possible civilian casualties
>North Korea even setting a single foot in Seoul

Seoul is within reach of thousands of artillery cannons. Even without nukes if their is war Seoul will be clump and ashes.

You wouldn't even need to put USA boots on nork soil. How many in the North Korean army will want to fight when kim jong un is gone?
I wonder if they'll just drone him

Great, the "SEOUL WILL B CRUSHD BY ARTILARY!!!!!" boogeyman. That "artillery" is 60 years old, rusty, outdated, and most of it wont work.

Trump will actually delete NK

It's 50km from the border honeybun. Barely further than the range of an artillery shell.

Russia would join the hypothetical war on whichever side that would grant them post war military access to a warm water port, it's one of the reasons they went to war before in the area and they have wanted it for close to 100 years now

Norks will eventually test nukes at next Tuesday , so Trump will invade north korea at next Wednesday.

Reason? April 25th is the Military Foundation Day of North Korea Army.

Does Kim make any decisions himself or is he just controlled by a bunch of generals?

The current thinking is that his generals have been unable to exert as much control over him as they have previously, but it's hard to confirm or deny anything.

Goyang, a city of 1 million, and other northern Gyeonggi towns are within artillery range

Its a bad idea but if you really want to do it the only way you can minimise casualties in the south and beyond is a first strike with hypersonic small yield nukes on their positions near the border then take out the rest of their missiles with conventional airforce while ABMing fuck out of anything and everything they get off the ground. after that cruise missiles to hit their ground forces. Couple of million dead and no nukes left they'll give in.

I don't feel like nukes are the only way to solve the problem, but immediately taking out the positions on the border is crucial. Also I agree with you that they'll give in. Once high level generals realize their troops are dying en masse, Kimmy will lose all credibility.

You don't understand norks. Whole NK is mountain region. You can't do shit agains them with jets and missiles - even if you break whole air defence and coast defence, you HAVE to start infantry operation.
Mountain warfare without infantry is useless, it's note some ME desert.

And if SHTF norks WILL zergrush south korea. You can fucking screencap this.

It takes 2 hours to reach Seoul on tanks or 4 hours with infantry. It will be bloodbath for norks, but they're fanatics. For them it's ok to die in battle.

>Kim
They're fighting for Juche, not for fucking leader. Leader is just representation of their ideology.
I guess westernfags have no idea what they're doing.

That is nice. But they are going to zerg right into nuclear minefields. Your right soul is fucked tho. South Korea army will storm past the blast holes right into kims boy toy Sadomasochism Fortress.

That's what I'm saying, this war will have to have boots on the ground obviously, it's just that the first actions of the war will most likely take place lightning fast and with either air power, armor power, or nuclear power. Also if they do zergrush, they'll do it right into the face of overwhelming American/South Korean firepower, and they'll be annihilated.

Also maybe you're some kind of North Korean sociologist, but once the generals realize that their soldiers are getting swatted like flies, Juche won't take them very far, ie: Iraqi Ba'athism