A humanities degree isn't worth the paper it's written on

>A humanities degree isn't worth the paper it's written on.
>We need to preserve western civilization.

Pick one Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

dirkdeklein.net/2016/07/11/how-weird-was-hitler-part-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=Esvn7NgTq4Q&ab_channel=benqu88
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

typical fascist mentality. there's plenty of art happening without government funding. Art doesn't need government funding!

>let's empower artists by starving them

The only reason they need gov funding is because nobody will pay for the shit pushed as "art" these days.

maybe if they can't make a living at their hobby they should get a real job like everyone else?

If Art is good enough, it doesn't need crutches to stand on. Government funding shouldn't be needed to fuel people that shit out anything regardless of quality just to get free monies. If you're good and put effort, your success will be recognized by society.

>the federal government needs to fund performance artists smearing elephant shit on a canvas

>here's my shit in a can, pay me!

If they were good artists people would buy their work without government intervention.

western civilization is no longer propagated or preserved by the humanities, as the humanities have become breeding grounds for Marxists. we must cripple the humanities before we can make them great again

if artists want funding there's plenty of avenues.
Beyond traditional means like finding a patron, there's gofundme, pateron, etc. If their art actually has any value to anyone people will fund it. They don't have the right to reach into taxpayers pockets to subsidize their lifestyle.

> good art has ever been created without suffering and struggle OR private wealthy patronage

You get to pick one

Based leaf

If you did art; you'd do political art wouldn't you - you fucking retard.

>Arts and humanities
>Not 100% Jewish new age hippy bullshit

Pick one, retard.

Have you seen Trump's house? He loves traditional European art.

He even has his family crest gilded on his pillows for god's sake

Look, you'll have to try much harder if you want to get your shitposting title back from the leafs

Like Van Gogh?

You think his art would have been any good if he wasn't out of his fucking mind?

Modern Art.
A turd on a plate.
Pay the artist $250,000, he's a genius.

Pick both, actually, considering 99% of the """humanities""" has nothing to do with actual civilization or culture.

You're right. I'll just starve myself and go insane living in a box so that I can write better stories by dying at thirty. Thanks for your help, user! Clearly you care about cultural and philosophical heritage enormously.

best art is made by people who suffered

Doesn't even understand how the funding works

Maybe if churches can't pay taxes they shouldn't exist

Government funded art is more like a circljerk over artists past.

Hitler loved Walt Disney - he whistled "when you wish upon a star" when Paris fell.

dirkdeklein.net/2016/07/11/how-weird-was-hitler-part-2/

Warms my heart to see Trump killing this degenerate garbage.

>We need to preserve western civilization.

Yup. A good way is by lancing these boils.

+rep

yeah, only art done for corporations is worth something. art done for any other purpose is worthless
>t. rural and/or suburban retard

Please do

Artists should find funding themselves, not have a gibsmedad funding guaranteed by government, this way we avoid political messages and get to see the ones who actually are good

he wasnt out of his mind he drew a god damn perfect portrait at the age of like fuckin 9 its pretty obvious he got bored w the traditional at a young age and it developed from there

Did you know that private individuals have paid creative sorts to do stuff for thousands of years?

>Modern art
>western civilization

youtube.com/watch?v=Esvn7NgTq4Q&ab_channel=benqu88

Idk, cut your ear off and send it to a prost, and I'm pretty sure that qualifies you as nuts

Yeah, Commercially Viable Art.

Aka "Art that actually fucking matters"

Take your shitty communist group-fingering project and come to Brazil where commies will fund your dipshit ideas.

I hope you and everyone in your lineage dies of Ebola, Zika and HIV.

>If you're good and put effort, your success will be recognized by society.

Your success needs to be recognized before you even start doing the art, not after the work is finished. Great art is a long term investment, not something that you can just buy and have ready tommorow. It takes 10+ years to become a master. Who is going to fund this training?

You can't learn anything more about western civilization from an insane commie humanities prof than you can in a library.

Whatever happened to the real artists?

The guys who spent months carving stone into beauty or painting an entire ceiling into something that inspires awe.

Guess what you stupid fuck.

That's.

Where.

Good.

Art.

Comes from.

Hope this experience opened your eyes. Misery and oppression creates the greatest works this species has laid eyes on.

If people wanted art artists wouldn't starve

>if you want to get your shitposting title back from the leafs

Currently duel wielding "pick one" threads. Australia still #1 at shitposting.

Anything that takes months of effort is too much of an investment for a modern attention span. You'll get labeled an autist otherwise.

one thing to consider

theatre has no funding in the US and it's terrible commercial crap (e.g. broadway) or nonexistant

theatre has modest funding in Poland and it thrives.

Stellar literature doesn't need the state to survive, cause even if only 1 out of 10000 people wants to read your quality book, you'll reach them all over the world. This can't be done with theatre.

so either
1. we tax people and give some money to theatre fags
2. theatre is kill

It sucks, but I choose 1

He couldn't even get the eyes right, what the fuck? Who is buying this shit?!?!

you have a good point, even if the government did pay artists they would have never gave it to him, therefore making OP's point moot.

This may come off as a bit "can't let this guy get the nuclear codes" but I'm actually attending a college for music. Art really isn't worth taxing people, and I don't care how little that amount of money is. The endowment was founded on principle, and a terrible one.

DUDE STOP MAKING ART MAKE ME AN IPHONE LMAO

That good to hear Polebro. Theatre, calssical music, literature, and opera all do well in france and their venues are great because they are one hundred percent free of dindus and mahmouds.

Is banksy starving?

>implying modern American humanities have anything to do with western civilization

They have been labeled as "populist".

A humanities degree is quintessentially proving you're susceptible to brainwashing in this day and age. You do not need formal instruction to gain knowledge of any humanities, just wisdom and diligence

I will pay people who can paint realism art within minutes and sculpt people out of marble. Other than that, art is boring to watch and I am not going to sit there and contemplate what the artist's intents for the installation was.

Survival of the fittest

Most "Art" and "Humanities" is cuck leftist propaganda anyway nowadays, who gives a shit. #maga

Most new art is leftist garbage with no soul.
Some liberal shitting on a painting of George Washington is not art, but that's the kind of stuff the government has been funding.

More or less this.

The humanities are controlled entirely by supposedly radical leftists and "muh diversity" types. They're best avoided. Now if you can find a conservative prof teaching a course on/related to Western civilization, take it! But they're very few and far between.